Can you torrent books on kindle, kindle help

Hi i am someone who can only read books if they are paper. How does a kindle compare?

I want to get a kindle but only if it's possible to get free books on it, like if it can handle pdfs.

Attached: kindle.jpg (1280x853, 786K)

Libgen.io

>like if it can handle pdfs.
Every
FUCKING
THREAD
WHY YOU MONGOLOIDS ARE ALWAYS OBSESSED WITH THIS SHITTY FORMAT, JUSE USE EPUB FOR FUCKS SAKE

Attached: 1551753508593.jpg (1536x2048, 537K)

Get a Kobo Glo. It's similar to Kindle but with a nice front light, you can plug it directly into your computer for uploading books (no walled Amazon garden) and it accepts way more formats than kindle. (.epub, .mobi and .pdf being the ones I primarily end up using)

I still prefer reading paper books as you can see and feel how deep into a book you are, but it's just as easy (if not easier in the dark) to read on the Kobo.

Go to gen.lib.rus.ec and profit.

whats the diff between these

>Libgen.io
Can you turn off the front light?

user there is a stickied fucking thread for this. Please pay attention for a bit before posting.
Also, if you do get a Kindle (I don't know why you would ever do that instead of just getting a Kobo like a normal person), be sure to install a custom reader and remove the botnet shit for extra Yea Forumserary points.

Unfortunately, most of the good books you'll find on libgen is in PDF. Only recent stuff that people buy in Amazon and break the DRM is in epub/mobi. I don't have a kindle so i'm curious as to how a standard libgen pdf looks on a Kindle. It's ridiculous that you actually can't find examples of this in youtube.

A lot of rare books are only available in .pdf sadly

The sticky doesn't talk about kindles

The wiki probably does, and even if it doesn't, it would take about two minutes with the warosu archive and /g/ to find out that, yes, you can pirate things on Kindle.
Good luck anyway.

>I still prefer reading paper books as you can see and feel how deep into a book you are,
The only thing I really like about e-book readers is that you can turn off page numbering and be completely ignorant of how near the end you are. Love getting to the end with absolutely no warning, can make for some great surprises.

Absolutely. Even adjust the brightness. It is worth mentioning though that the brighter the setting, the more blue the front light appears.

>you can plug it directly into your computer for uploading books
you can do this with a kindle too

dude, i dont even know what the fuck a warosu archive is, and if i posted it on /g/ some butthurt faggot like you would say to post on Yea Forums.

I prefer asking people questions rather than using search engines. I find advice from people better than some biased articles.

Why do you recommend glo? i assume it's because its the first product in the line up which has that feature? So it would be cheaper than the newer ones?

I acutally can't find a kobo GLO for sale on amazon (canada) or on their official website.

There's several reasons although I'll admit I haven't been in the market for an e-reader in close to 5 years since my Kobo has done such a great job. That said, there probably is some better options out on the market today.

Here was my criteria when looking:
>small enough to be palmed by one hand
>front light
>expandable storage (microSD)
>at the very least .mobi, .epub and .pdf support
>battery life
>knowing I could load it up with pirated content

Kobo Glo was really the only one who did it at all at that time. And if the business model with the Kindle/Nook is the same as it was 5 years ago... You're probably going to end up buying from Amazon (or Barnes and Noble/whatever owns nook nowadays) a few more times than you might like.

You can use Calibre to convert them into epub or mobi

I don't really see the bonus of a microSD. Isn't 3000 books enough?

I read a lot of manga off of it. A single volume in .cbz format is like 30mb.

Non of the current kobos have a microSD slot available.

Name me 10 worthwhile novels only available on pdf

Just use calibre and you can convert pdf or whatever into a readable format

>it has a light
So does a kindle?

Calibre literally does all that for kindle and kindle has a backlight you mongoloid

front light > back light for reading.
also refer to When I've just downloaded 50 volumes of Dragon Ball Z you expect me to sit around and convert all of them? What if there's errors in conversion? Why even bother when there's better alternatives which can support better formats natively at comparative prices?

Make sure to give Bezo's balls a kiss when you're done blowing him.

read it in pdf format

Braudel's Civilization and Capitalism.

I got the kobo Aura

The paperwhite has a frontlight. It’s also reads PDFs. It’s also not blue tinted. You get an email address assigned to your kindle that you can send books as an attachment to as well. I can download books from libgen onto my phone and email it to my paperwhite, seems pretty useless but I’ve actually used it a couple of times.

They’re all pretty much the same shit though so whatever. I like my paperwhite though.

If you’re interested I can make a quick video showing the difference between how a pdf and ePub or whatever displays on the paperwhite

I got a Kobo Aura ONE and it’s pretty great. Pricey, yes, but after reading on the 8” screen I don’t know how I could go back to 6” again. I also loaded a few mangos to see how they fared (Kobo reads CBZ/CBR natively) and it handles them quite well. Anything smaller would be too hard to read IMO, but I don’t honestly read a lot of comics so you’re gonna have to decide if reading Japanese children’s literature is really worth spending the extra $$$ for a larger ereader.

There is a copy on internet archive with the epub format available.

you don't read much, do you?

half the time it fucks up hard

The only downside you're listing that isn't total bullshit is the format thing, which is totally invalited by calibre. You can sideload mobi files with your good ol' USB cable.
Wait for a special offer and get a paperwhite for the price of a normal one.
Kindle come with a mail address you can use to send books to it.
And it reads pdf.

I have never tried converting a PDF to epub or mobi, but generally the complaint with PDFs aren't that they can't be converted or used on ereaders, it is that converted or not, PDFs tend to be ten times the size of epub of mobi variants, sometimes much more.

PDFs suck because people that make those PDFs typically scan in the pages as images with messy OCR and fixed page formatting and layout, where as epub or mobi are usually produced by the publisher and are thus marked up efficiently and can easily allow for adjusting font sizes page layouts for different screen dimensions. Converting a PDF to epub or mobi does not solve this problem.

If your pdf are 2 gazillions gigas in size you should get new ones. Although they are indeed much larger in size, it shouldn't come as a problem anyway.
Except for manga, but you should read them on a tablet anyway, not a fucking e-reader for books.

>If your pdf are 2 gazillions gigas in size you should get new ones.
Yes, which is why I look for epubs and mobis.

Can you read epubs on your desktop

Yes.

In Calibre, yeah.

Adobe Digital Editions is much better for that purpose.

Because not every book exists in epub for free you stupid nigger

Based.

b-ok.org, libgen.io and Calibre software

Do it user.

I'm a pirate fag, and I don't feel entitled to a perfect reading experience for the free books I get. You should be happy you're not paying 20$ every time you want to read a book instead of whinning because the file format isn't your favorite one.
Fuck you honestly.

For the best language AKA ESPAÑOL you have epublibre