Drinking alone again, user?

>drinking alone again, user?

Is drinking alone Yea Forums?

Attached: B22E2B61-492E-4C03-B58D-5544D7A0D987.jpg (565x600, 36K)

>having money to drink
>not living in total poverty
cringe

Yeah but only as a prep round for going out and drinking with buddies

In a way, it is. But you should know that after the second drink, your productive and coherence necessarily plummets. Not worth it.

>t. alcoholic currently off the wagon

>reddit spacing

How about a highball, old bean?

I don't know what you're talking about.

that’s just what a redditor would say

>12727777

>I don't know what you're talking about.
cringe

Alcohol is so sweet at first.. the first night you pour your heart out to a stranger and beam with comradery... the first time you tuck yourself into bed with dazzled, hopeful thoughts flowing through your mind... the first time you got drunk at 11am on a Saturday and felt the hot sun on your sweating face...

And repeated in bygone years it all washes away, and you realize you're running from life, trying in vain to drown out the pain and difficulty it brings, and only adding to your troubles.

But things must run their course. Goodbye booze, old, troubled friend. I will miss you, like a girl once loved, so too will never come round your house again. The windows are broken, the bills went unpaid, new folks move in where we once danced in lamplight, late into the night, with hot stomachs and full of love, afraid of the morning. Let your new dwellers learn of your shadows.

I only drink at weddings and such. I usually am a teetotaler mostly but drink a lot of coffee.

Have people on this website actually gone to reddit and individually come to the conclusion that reddit is somehow so evil as to be worth ridiculing at the mere implication of?
More and more I feel like people just point out the extra line and shit on it because they think they're supposed to, as if anyone else here is worth the effort to impress or satisfy.

>drinking alone again, user?
I'm suffering with you brother
when do we get to die?

Attached: 1504981884852.jpg (400x534, 50K)

I drink at least 3 times a week alone at least to get a buzz going while I watch TV or do really boring homework. Usually 1-2 beers or some cocktails. Is this how it starts anons?
I still run weekly and have a construction job so I'm not a fatass but my friends were worse influences so I have none right now.

Oops I'm retarded

I used to do a lot of solo drinking (in addition to drinking out with friends). It was very unhealthy and detrimental to all of my relationships. I sometimes lapse into drinking alone whenever I'm bored or lonely for a sustained period of time. I'm a lot better than in the past, but would definitely consider myself an alcoholic. I'm trying to break the cycle.

its less reddit in particular being targeted and more an easy excuse to identify someone as unfamiliar with Yea Forums. its always been true that the person who feels as if they don't belong is the one who needs to be telling everyone else how to fit in, but at the end of the day people from reddit and elsewhere need to be self-conscious about getting called out or made fun of.
lurk more or you'll be mocked. It's basic social behavior, and since we're not animals I expect people to stay silent and observe until they are comfortable and can seamlessly continue the conversation without making it about them, and making it about what they think of the group as an outsider. to be clear, spacing issues are pointless gripes, and this thread belongs with the alcoholic robots, but I certainly don't want redditors either. We're full.
you certainly are

It kind of is but it comes with the eventual price. I'm halfway through a bomber of 12.5% and I'll probably finish 50 books this year. Fitzgerald made me look like a bitch on both fronts.

I'm not an alcoholic, but I've been addicted to other drugs
for me it started with petty excuses, 'well I just need it to get over this shitty day' or 'I need it in order to do this presentation' and so on
from there it's a vicious cycle of self medication and minimization of the problem
until one day you wake up and a week of your life is missing, some dude you've never heard of has sent you 30 texts, you're failing all of your classes and your boss is pissed at you.
not recommended

Attached: 1446437221493.jpg (511x788, 89K)

The fear of being an alcoholic is a weird thing. I drank nearly every night for almost three years, and felt it gaining a grip on me. But the fear can add to the anxiety that leads us to drink.

My opinion is that there is a point of no return-- a line which, once crossed, means you are in for many years of difficulty and bad health. Once it's got you, it's got you good, and it takes a trip to the jailhouse or other serious fuck ups to get you to finally snap out of it and go to meetings. Some, very tragically, never get off the stuff.

If you see yourself slipping, ease off. Take two weeks sober; restrict your boozing to Saturday nights and holidays. Drinking is fun and lots of people manage to do it without much fuss, but a lot of us are drawn into it as a habit. Just keep it from being habit.

I agree with the social behavior observation. But I do think being inclusive is a virtue. Calling these people out for spacing their texts is contrary to the unspoken Yea Forums influence. There’s literally no harm in this. It’s as if you were to make fun of somebody’s accent for not being part of the local culture. Dialect or w/e is synonmous with somebody’s prose formatting. It’s ridiclous to call somebody out for this because whether or not this spacing is as a result of being a casual poster from reddit it doesn’t matter. Each person formats their text differently and you’re isolating a crowd that caters to this spacing because they don’t conform? This is a discussion board after all. We should emphasize on the content of their writing rather than the formatting.

Reddit isn't necessarily bad, it does however promote groupthink and self censorship. You never come across anyrhing on Reddit that is actually controversial or that could actually upend your worldview due to outside or nonconformist views being downvoted into Oblivion. There are some communities on Reddit worth visiting however, but you *really* need to dig for them and won't find them by accident, those communities exist in spite of Reddit, not because of it

Pretty insightful user. I’ve haven’t developed a drinking habit since i’m still 20. I’ve drank and even binged knowing that it would be impossible to form an addiction due to no frequent access to the stuff. But 21st birthday is creeping towards me. I feel like if i start kegally buying from my own income then I’ll open this little door. Soon it’ll be wide enough to cross this line that you depict. Any advice?

the difference here is that any other site on the internet will have a user ID slapped on top of every post, either letting you observe their entire history, or at least revealing something about them.
You and I may have replied to each other before, or maybe not. we have no way to know, which makes it so much easier to focus on just the contents of the posts. this is why everyone hates tripfags. they bring baggage into any discussion they're in that doesn't need to be there, they want you to know who they are when it's actually a detriment to a discussion on a site where everyone has an equal standing and no one is being scored for how good or 'correct' their posts are.

But, you leave a decent discussion and see shitposting and spamming and buzzwords everywhere, made by people who clearly don't want to learn anything, and you have no way to identify them. the thread dies and everyone in it is equally anonymous again. So thats why the shotgun attacks at anyone who makes a shitty post. nobody's giving you the benefit of the doubt because shitposts are everywhere, and they're all untraceable

Everyone is different. You should be aware that alcoholism usually develops in a person's late 20s. Set boundaries for yourself. I think it's a very good rule to not drink at all on weekdays. Shit is expensive too.

So this ridicule is imposing order, whether directly or indirectly. What’s so strange is that yeah, we’re all anonymous. But being called out for the most minimal offenses still causes one to feel isolated and like shit. I remember making a post like “Finished reading ‘Kafka on The Shore’, should I read ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’ next?” People called me out for not understanding the leap I was taking. From an entry novel to this post-modern confusing masterpiece. It turned out the ridicule, whether misplaced on my end or not, was actually true lol. Idk though, I just feel like the calling out is dogmatic at the end of the day. Stripping someone of their idenity and especially personal history allows for mean treatment. There’s no consequences after all. But these are delicate people behind their posts.

I almost want to approach the stuff with a hatred. It’s not good for parties, but it keeps from a slippery habit to form. Sometimes i drop into opiod or alchol addiction fourms on other websites. It’s hard to empathize with them because I could hardly begin to understand their suffering. But it’s also interesting to hear what statements they’re making as a result of their situation. It keeps me from ever feeling numb or innocent in the wake of these substances. By adopting this absolute hatred towards drugs in general, it keeps from ever allowing the snow ball to build momentum.

I was piss drunk last weekend and created a thread about this but never read it.

you're a nice writer UwU, keep it up! (not the drinking though)

If there is any good in drugs and alcohol, it is far outstripped by what is bad. Everyone who uses drugs or alcohol knows there is bad, so they all play the game of trying to use in such a way as to avoid the bad.

The problem is just that. Everyone thinks like this. Addicts were thinking like this from the day they tried a drug to the last day they abused it.

Drugs are just way more of a nuisance than they are worth. In some countries alcohol is illegal, so there is no champagne on New Years. Boo hoo. There's also no would-be fathers passing out in alleys and freezing to death. Not a bad trade off if you ask me.

drinking alone >>>>>>>> drinking at a bar
having a glass of whiskey or scotch is Yea Forums
drinking a six pack in front of a tv is not

Taking opiates alone is Yea Forums

isn't that why you're still posting here? Because you needed to be told that? I go elsewhere if I want to be patted on the back for reading more than a book or two in a year. People skimming lists, asking for recs, and trying to read the "masterpieces," just to experience greatness briefly are what turn people off literature as a serious art, it's shit like people jumping right into Moby Dick after reading Old Man and the Sea, and complaining about Melville being tedious that gets people annoyed, but that's because this is also the misunderstanding and naivete that makes people give up on books sometimes for a lifetime.

Attached: 1477950697556.jpg (460x423, 14K)