Does Yea Forums ever read while on Adderall? Does it improve your reading comprehension?

Does Yea Forums ever read while on Adderall? Does it improve your reading comprehension?

Attached: adderall-pills-br-image-credit-neb-4o1-2017-br.jpg (1100x664, 120K)

I imagine it would help with a lot of mathematical literature.

Although I’ve never taken adderall while reading math

No it makes you skim over shit, you're getting the general gist of it but you're not registering individual words, calm reading and speed don't really mix.

what is it good for

absolutely nothing

High schoolers feeling edgy. Or actual ADHD sufferers.

THis guy here
You are most likely correct. Same goes for marijuana.

Strange that a lot of drugs have the property of ‘making you think you are smarter than you are’ while not actually improving your mental acumen. It’s been years since I’ve done adderall and about a half a year since I’ve smoked weed

keep it up boi. not experienced with addy but weed is a killer in many ways. been about 2 years since i smoked... can't believe how stagnant i had become back then

Personally, I like to go with a glass of wine and a few Xanax pills. It makes me able to sit back and just enjoy a good book. Sadly I don't remember most of what I've read afterwards

>Strange that a lot of drugs have the property of ‘making you think you are smarter than you are’ while not actually improving your mental acumen.

I have never heard anyone claim this before. You sure it was just amphetamine? It only acts on motivation and pleasure centers in the brain. It has absolutely nothing to do with actual or perceived intelligence.

Lol

It helps but it makes you fall into rabbit holes and/or feel like you can read everything in a day and send you on an endless scavenger hunt through the stacks.

Sounds pretty b&r to me

Idk mileage may vary. I wrote the majority of my undergrad thesis on a comparable stimulant and I won an award for it. I will say that the major downside of stimulant abuse is that you have to curate your life around it i.e., sleep schedule, dietary regulations, and so on. I’d argue that stimulants literally make you smarter (or at least give you the momentary energy to exert all your critical acumen and an abnormally productive pace) but whether the information retained is state dependent I have no clue.

thinking a bit quicker, improved eidetic memory and boosted confidence in your ability are what i have noticed from using it to cram for exams

Low dose is good for reading (you shouldn't exceed 10 mg). Recreational doses will make it impossible for you to do anything but skim and jerk off.

100% accurate and completely based.

Drugs are bad.

bump

kekkles

based as hell

10 mg isn't that low, especially for the amphetamine-naive. I'd say try half (5 mg) or even a quarter (2.5 mg) of that and see first

I have ADHD, you guys aren't supposed to use Adderall, it's made for people like me...

amphetamine existed long before ADHD was even known about

But what do you guys use it for? I've read that it's not good for non-ADHD brains

Why would it be "good" for ADHD brains? It works the same way

Redpill me on the difference between Adderall and Ritalin

A stimulant. Much like how caffeine is used except with due respect paid to the drug. It was very common in the early twentieth century.

they're two different molecules: amphetamine and methylphenidate

Adderall is amphetamine. (analogue of methamphetamine)
Ritalin is methylphenidate. (analogue of cocaine)

ADHD brains have a deficiency in normal dopamine production and thus the medications can actually be used therapeutically over a long period of time to temporarily increase natural dopamine production. It's a complicated mechanism of action but it's one of the reasons many ADHD sufferers can go off of their medications for upwards of 6 months without any symptoms before (typically) reverting back.

In normal brains you are merely making yourself over-produce dopamine and your brain over compensates for it and you get a tolerance to dopamine. That's what they mean by "frying your circuits".

Maybe I'm thinking of a different class of drug, but basically because it is designed to correct a deficiency in the brain. And that deficiency isn't there, you're giving the brain something it doesn't need and shouldn't have.

>Ritalin is methylphenidate. (analogue of cocaine)
?

>A structural analog, also known as a chemical analog or simply an analog, is a compound having a structure similar to that of another compound, but differing from it in respect to a certain component. - Wikipedia

It is a derivative of cocaine found to be more effective for the treatment of ADHD than normal cocaine.

Are you a medanon? I have ADHD. Can you help me to feel less sad? Because I can't relate to anyone. I'm always incessantly and unfailingly living in my own mind, which I'm always lost in. I have no friends. I can't relate to people. I can't keep up with them in conversation. They are too fast for me. I can't think very quickly. My memory is very poor too. I have to use many notebooks to remember things. I can't ever tell what fay it is. I literally have no internal mental calendar. I have to forcefully tell myself what day it is, and even then, I just can't "cement" it. Today is Saturday, for example. Well, let's just say Friday since we're only a bit past midnight where I am. But I can't "feel" it as Friday. It just feels like any day. I can tell myself over and over that "it's Friday", but it doesn't "do" anything. I've tried to become knowledgeable - to read books and learn about the world. That was my aim. I wanted to become erudite. But I soon realized that I couldn't even keep track of basic facts of history - migrations, cultures, languages, timelines, rulers, economies, and all the rest - it was too much for me. It takes immense, brainracking difficulty for me to even keep a basic grasp of any historical timeline, just like I can't keep track of the week. To remember that I'm in 2018, and before me are many millenia, each of their own culture, is too hard. Also I can't remember geography even slightly. I've tried so hard to remember the all the regions and their names, but I soon forget them quire easily. I can't even tell you the names of my country's regions. All of my mental incompetency has brought me to a legitimate state of "learned helplessness", wherein I no longer want to learn anything, to even "try" at anything in life, I only want to lobotimize myself as much as I can, working in an occupation that allows me to be as mindless as people, never having to exercise mental capacities more than the slightest amount. My psyche has also regressed to a child-state, and I wish to have a Mommy GF who'll love me unconditionally in spite of my cognitive failings, and take care of me where I fail to take care of myself, and to read me bedtime stories every night just before she lets me fall asleep against her, and kisses me on my cheeks every day, and hugs me really tight and for really long, and lets me know in those moments that all my problems are okay, that I'll be okay, that nothing will hurt me further, that I'll not have to worry now that she's here...yep, I'm tearing up now. Writing this out was pretty cathartic, that last part especially. I just really don't know how to deal with my condition and was wondering if you could help me, since it seems you know a thing or two about ADHD. Many people don't even think ADHD is real, and that I'm just faking my own problems. I only wish they could live as me for a day...

Attached: 1543690719468.jpg (1296x2392, 1.61M)

>Are you a medanon?
Nope, just a fellow patient. I've poured myself into learning as much organic chemistry and basic neuroscience as I can to better understand my condition though.

I don't have the answers to happiness. It sounds like we have a lot in common. I don't want to go on an entire rant about everything you've said but it all sounds directly out of my own experiences except for the fact that you're trying to cram your brain with factoids. Before I offer advice, just know that I'm right there with you. It fucking sucks and I'm sorry.

About feeling mentally deficient about not cramming enough factoids in your head; this is one of the areas where I believe ADHD can be a huge advantage for some individuals in some fields... intuitive knowledge through theory.

When I was learning maths in school, my teachers would often deduct points because when I showed my work I would often be missing several steps that all the other kids had followed, but I had usually always arrived at the correct answer. I found that if I focused more on the theory of a particular subject rather than particular facts about it; I was able to understand it intuitively. Trigonometry was when this first really clicked for me. Once I fully understood Pythagorean's Theorem I could tune that class out and do other homework during it. The rest of it was obvious and implicit to me.

I should note that history, anthropology and geography is not a good field to play to this advantage. In fact, I would say it plays more towards our disadvantages but I think you see what I'm getting at. Hang in there, user.

So many spelling and grammar errors, sorry. I'm just really sleepy...

wow, this is very strange. I have never believed in doppelgangers, as I thought human personality was far too complex to get exact replicas, but you are pretty much me. I also have ADHD and cannot relate to other people. I don't have any friends either, and I have no 'internal calendar'. I don't even know what month it is. Hell, I forget what order the months go in, and I have to recite them in my head. I also want to become scholarly. My intention was to become a polymath. I buy so many goddamn books from film, to music theory, to neuroscience and programming, but I never read any of them. Reading is basically impossible. Have you tried medication yet? I started concerta 18 mg a week ago, and it worked for a while, but now I don't feel a damn thing. Maybe I should increase dosage or switch to another medication entirely. If you have not tried meds, maybe you should. I felt a little less sad for a while. Maybe I will figure it out, I think medicine is the right path. I am not sure if this helps you at all. At least you can relate to someone. This really is strange. Even our writing styles are similar. Short, fragmented sentences. Anyways, try medication if you have not, but don't take my advice too seriously, as I am trying to figure this out too. Best of luck to you.

Also I forgot to mention in Read up on "ADHD hyper focus". Sadly I only get it while posting on the internet (like right now) but if you can manage to get yourself in that state during something productive that you enjoy; you will have directly tapped into the source of success.

Well I'm sorry I cannot say for me it helps a lot but that is mostly because of my. ADHD shit I would imagine Adderall (speed) would end up causing you to skip sections you may think you are reading faster but you are not comprehending

>I started concerta 18 mg a week ago, and it worked for a while, but now I don't feel a damn thing.

You've probably worked up a tolerance. 18mg Concerta is a piss ant dose but not a bad starting point so props to your doctor. Just make sure you're going back for routine checkups and telling him/her how the medication is effecting you. It was a good 2 or 3 year process for me to find the right medication.

Personally I have found that Vyvanse works best for most other patients I have known. In my own case, I find vyvanse to last too long so I take low doses (2.5-5mg) IR amphetamine.

Thank G-d I don't have ADHD

how is adhd even real nigga just drink some coffee

yes, you are very lucky. I feel envious, but we must remember that we all are lucky. We are lucky that we are alive, and living in the best age in human history. we are lucky that we have access to computers and that we can sift through all of humanity's collective knowledge. Some of us may even be lucky enough to live to see the singularity. We are also lucky in that we werent born as dogs, or goats. It must be a boring, and simple existence to be a goat. Call your mother and thank her for giving you life. We all take too much for granted...

>It must be a boring, and simple existence to be a goat.
You've clearly never seen a baby goat playing. I wish I could be as endlessly entertained doing jump spins.

Attached: goats.png (546x354, 120K)

>We are also lucky in that we werent born as dogs
Not really

Cleaning your room or packing & getting ready to go on a trip. It's a hell of a drug, but not *that* a hell of a drug

I actually take gabapentin to calm down and relax for my reading, which actually does help me feel focused in a weird way. Currently taking 1200mg but I might bump it up 600 more.

GOOD GAWD Y'ALL

I can't imagine a life better than being a goat (as long as I could still read of course)

>ADHD brains have a deficiency in normal dopamine production a
No they don't, otherwise they would have Parkinsonian symptoms. This is pop psychology. Actual pathogenesis is unknown and the foremost psychopharmacologists are of the opinion that these drugs in therapeutic doses affect most people the same.

ummm you stupid?

yes i would like to be a goat but they cannot read, the fools. that is why i don't want to be a goat, i want to be smart damn it. ironically, the 7th dimensional beings are looking down(up) on us saying 'be glad you arent a simple, stupid, man'!!!

you dickheads eat entirely too much speed as it is, you can't even stand still in a checkout line, nonsensical jibber-jabber pouring out your mouth with your stupid, choked laughter after every other word, the last thing we need is that surplus of directionless energy turned toward intellectual endeavors and matters of the spirit, learn to chew your food first before you start trying to make sense of the squiggles on the page

>improving eidetic memory
brainlet

Kratom works much better

there are no substances that will legitimately improve cognitive function on this earth. it is too much of a global function and strongly mediated by genetic effects, you will only ever slightly improve the function of specific components of g but nothing more

That's why I said 'exceed.' And OP's pic has XR. 10 mg XR is the same as 5 mg IR spread out over 12 hours.

Jacking off.

It's such a bizarre jack off session. I can jack off for hours on it and then when I finally cum it's the best cum ever. My dick will hurt though.

Going to talk to a therapist about med maybe having ADD soon. Will something like Adderall really help? I have quite a few of the symptoms and have been searching online what it's like to be on medication for this. It seems like a nice step forward that may allow me to get my life back on track.

literally this. if i were only a goat who could read...

>Going to talk to a therapist about med maybe having ADD soon.
Before you do, you should know that ADD has been reclassified in newer versions of the DSM to be the same as ADHD. There are now 3 types of ADHD: predominately inattentive (this is what ADD used to be), predominately hyperactive and a hybrid of the two.

>Will something like Adderall really help?
If you genuinely have ADHD; yes, it will. Just realize these drugs are in the class as cocaine and meth and should be treated as such. Make sure you stay mindful of how much you are taking and how often and always try to keep your doses as low as possible.

>and have been searching online what it's like to be on medication for this
For me, it calms me down. Admittedly I feel a bit slower in my head, but it's just at the right speed for me to keep up with it. I don't lose myself in my thoughts anymore and focusing becomes a possibility for me. It doesn't make me want to work, but I am able to work on it. Also it's pretty common for me to be yawning all day even though I'm totally awake from the medication. In that respect it's a bit like Psilocybin.

kek

I read a scientific journal about how mexicos genetic admixture varies across different regions, and then found and obscure blog that compiled data to show how Spain's population is more genetically similar to MENA countries than it is to European ones while I was on a meth binge. My memory retention is godlike as well so I remember all the information and apply it when need be so my drug use has literally made me more intelligent.

>Spain's population is more genetically similar to MENA countries than it is to European ones
It isn't though. They are clearly more European than MENA

*Southern Spain

Attached: Celt_Iberians.png (716x593, 110K)

I just talked to my mom and she told me that my teachers thought I had ADD in school but no one ever really acted on it and she was hesitant to do medication. It was an "argh" moment. Not mad at her or anything just interested that my teachers thought I may have it when I was thinking back to my time at school.

As for medication and stuff if it'll slow down my mind that'd actually be great. I used to abuse dyphendramine (Benadryl) after a bad bout of poison ivy and discovering I liked the feeling of my mind slowed down, if that makes sense. It was nice to be tired and have a cloudy brain. Is that what medication will do but less? Will I be able to think and do things instead of just wanting to sleep?

I don't think it'd be a miracle pill or anything like that. Maybe it's me and my lack of willpower but I often have to force myself to do stuff that I want to do. Hobbies, reading, etc. I genuinely want to do them and get them done or even started but then don't unless I force myself. I do model wargaming and put together six guys this morning. After two months of them sitting around in various stages of assembled or on sprue. I have more but I have no motivation to assemble or paint them but I really do want to complete them. Does that make sense? It took me an hour and I still had to make myself stay at my desk and put them together. I'm a bit proud of myself, sadly enough.

I want to work on things, you know? I want to do them but I procrastinate or do something else. It's annoying.

>It was nice to be tired and have a cloudy brain. Is that what medication will do but less?
Not necessarily 'cloudy' but clearer. All of the unimportant trash is filtered out.

Based.

Everyone in this thread is fucked and dead and dying. Stop crippling yourself with dependence to artificial attention and motivation enhancers. You are destroying your ability to produce activation energy on your own. You are precluding the need for the development of generalized discipline - not just for work, but for resisting other temptations. You're destroying your own moral discipline every time you rely on a pill to do it for you. So, how do you think you're going to pass those skills on to your children, if you never develop them yourself? How is our society going to be, with a generation of parents with no moral discipline, no understanding of what the structure of discipline even looks like? It will be a generation of children teaching children. The only thing Adderall gives you is the cultivation of perpetual childhood.

Stop it. You know better.

That would be an excellent relief, honestly. I feel so scatterbrained and distracted a lot of the time. Or bored. Except when I get focused on something then I can do it for literal hours.

>I used to abuse dyphendramine (Benadryl) after a bad bout of poison ivy and discovering I liked the feeling of my mind slowed down, if that makes sense. It was nice to be tired and have a cloudy brain.
It absolutely makes sense. I use DPH almost every night as a sleep aid and I fucking love it for some reason. Although I know long-term use is pretty bad for you, so would not recommend.

>Is that what medication will do but less?
Not exactly. I almost want to say it's closer to marijuana but that's also inaccurate. It's just that all that loudness in your head becomes quiet and everything is far more peaceful. It's the difference between watching 5 different TVs at once while channel flipping or just watching a full length movie on 1 TV with no commercial interruption.

Common side effects include irritability, shakiness, elevated heart rate/blood pressure, headaches and a loss of appetite. If you feel yourself getting irrationally upset over logically nothing, make sure you have eaten. I have spent several hours before as a grown ass adult in crying fits because I just couldn't get myself to realize that I was hungry. Nowadays amphetamine tends to actually make me hungry immediately after taking it because I remember how awful I felt while malnourished on it.

Also, considering the fact that you actually have motivation and goals you will more than likely go through a "honeymoon period" if you do start medication. This is another thing to be weary of because it does not last. When you realize that you have the ability now (after starting medication) to actually do the things you want to do, your confidence and motivation and can-do attitude can bloat to the point of mania. You'll feel like an unstoppable demigod before your inevitable burn out. Whatever you do; do your best not to chase the dragons.

>You're destroying your own moral discipline every time you rely on a pill to do it for you.

You clearly do not understand ADHD. Those who suffer from it do not lack the discipline or motivation or do a particular task; it's the physical ability to follow through.
I would have agreed with you several years ago. But when you have mental break downs because you can not get yourself to stay doing something which you desperately want to do, you start to think a little bit differently.

I'd like to find one person serious about his craft who hasn't fucking broken down over his inability to follow through to his own satisfaction. Applying yourself fully to your craft is the single most difficult thing, which is why so few people do it. Will and action are almost impossible to fully unify. I believe that you have suffered over the lack of follow-through, but I am not convinced that it's not your fault.

While I don't disagree with you until the last sentence; you should be aware that the ADHD mind is one which typically desperately wants to apply itself. The problem comes with the fact that our brain, quite naturally, starts up its own tangents which often become more interesting and vibrant than that which we are originally trying to focus on.

When we find ourselves in that state, unfocused, we do our best to calmly collect ourselves and return to the original focus. Basic cognitive behavioral therapy.

That being said, you still find yourself doing it literally hundreds of times a day for years. Although I do one day desperately hope that I can focus for extended periods of time on my own without any outside help.

bump

I don't know how you can expect to learn to do these things without outside help while you continue to rely on medication. Medication precludes the need for the effort required in overcoming distraction on your own.

You are taking the assumption that I turn to medication first and do not use it as a last resort. I have tried for years (even quitting my job and moving back in with my parents at one point to be able to do so) to discipline myself and quit using the medication. Only NEET ADHD-ers can afford that luxury of attempting to self-discipline without any form of medication. It's a very easy thing to think and say until the bills start rolling in.

People who have ADHD do not typically openly talk about their suffering because it is too easily ridiculed as laziness by those too spoiled by their own dopamine production to be able to sympathize.

I have used adderall to do research for college papers/actually write them and it made the actual reading/writing much easier, and in some ways more enjoyable. It's true that you can go on some major tangents while on adderall but you just need to stay focused on what you want to accomplish and you're fine. I would often get much more into what I was researching while on adderall vs. when I wasn't, but that's probably because it's a stimulant. Honestly it bothers me how much I like reading while on adderall, because I would like to think that I enjoy reading while not on adderall too but it isn't the same.

Based and Not-pilled

It makes u interested in it, so indirectly it helps. It doesn't seem to do anything to your intelligence crystal or fluid

Long term DPH was pretty bad. I was on it for almost six years. Every night. I tried to stop it once before but I was really addicted to it. Stopped it two months ago or so and feel a bit better. I was hoping for my memory to improve and that but it barely did. I have a good memory mostly and can remember (usually useless) things but I will have to look at instructions for stuff seconds after looking at them. For wargames stuff I can remember the rules from years ago but can barely remember the new stuff from the last game that I play every Sunday. I have to be helped along and reference things like a retarded child. It makes me feel stupid, amd maybe I am along with other problems. Everyone at the club is super understanding somehow though. They get onto me about it sometimes but in jest and then remind me. Maybe they think I'm retarded. I don't know. Maybe not since we're able to have philosophical and other conversations like it's a salon. Could a mentally challenged person do that? I don't know.

Side effects for medication seems manageable. My dogs eat on a schedule and so does my mom so eating wouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't want to get burnt out but I am sure I will be amazed at finally being able to do the things I want to do, if you follow. I would definitely have to pace myself.

I don't even know yet. Going to get in touch with a therapist maybe next week or the week after and see what's going on. Thanks for telling m this stuff, user(s). Between this and my friend (with ADD) actually recognising some of the symptoms it has seriously helped me and I hope it will help me even further.

Adderall increases dopamine production; ritalin slows down re-uptake so the dopamine is present in the synapses longer. Different mechanisms but similar effects.

Based af. The chemical deficiency thing is an urban myth

The physical ability to follow-through is still part of having discipline. I took ADHD meds for two years and thus never learned actual discipline, so now I'm even worse off than before.

Yo I can't say I've ever beat my meat on adderal or any sort of ADHD meds. Nothing better than getting stoned and reading some good doujins though like that shit is rowdy.

Fuckin same here mate

Adderall is a hell of a drug

>The physical ability to follow-through is still part of having discipline.

Possibly but this isn't the case with ADHD sufferers. People with ADHD can still have discipline to continually correct themselves when they get off focus; but they are unable to stop themselves from getting distracted. Hence these corrections happen over and over and over again and it ultimately leads to a 20 minute task taking several hours.

What a stupid thing to say

why is it stupid? I think it is reasonable People take things for granted too often. We should be thankful that we are the smartest beings in the universe (as we know).

i have adhd too and it really does suck, so comforting to see others like me on here

I take offense in your assuming that this is the best time to live in human history. What a load of tripe!

of course I cannot tell the future, but compared to the past we are much better off.

History is always written by its winners. Don't believe the hype.

maybe now it is not so obvious. when the singularity becomes more apparent (it is in the process now), you will see with your own eyes the technological utopia

not him but i don't want to become a cyborg, desu. i want to be a real boy :(

this
You can shove your techno-utopia straight up your ass. Anarcho-primitivism is where it's at.

sadly, real boys die. and anarcho-primitivist boys die in caves like dogs.

Better than enslaving myself to the techno-elite. You better hope FOSS is the future.

first you find a way to increase your IQ, then you will be too smart to be enslaved

Tell that to Apple. Most people don't care how it works anyway. Also you can only educate yourself as far as the elite will allow once they have complete control over delivery of information. They're already well on their way.

Attached: 1529076650238.jpg (400x400, 30K)

losing weight

this is why we must be on the forefront of understanding technology. hiding in caves will not save you. we must embrace technology, and use it as a tool for liberation. although, perhaps there could be a combination of the two. one can live on their own, off of their own labor, or they could build their own machines and live off of that labor. you could live out in the forest, and have food growing, harvesting, cooking, repairs, and so on all automated.

While I absolutely love your idealistic vision of the future; not everyone can be an expert in all fields.
Secondly, this is the man that is your main line of defense in protecting FOSS. Keep that in mind.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 103K)

anarcho-primitivism also has this issue of requiring broad expertise. you must hunt, farm, build, gather resources, and so on. quite a lot to do. while technology may certainly be quite the step up in required research, it pays off. some knowledge in robotics, and engineering reduces your workload across all fields. I see technology only as a good thing, just as the hammer and nail it is a tool. unfortunately, this tool is difficult, and held by greedy people. if this guy is really our only defense, then we need to take some greater initiative. (but also recognize that as technology develops, more people get it and understand it. what is now held only by a certain few will soon be widespread. I am sure we will have many options, and we can choose the tools not controlled by the evil)

Just take nicotine. It's a really nice stim but without abuse potential.

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 11K)

bump for my adhdbros

This guy fucks

You're not more intelligent simply because you remember more information. What kind of bullshit view on intelligence is that?

drugs are incredibly foolish from a long-term perspective

imagine thinking this and not knowing that amphetamines have NEVER EVER EVEN A LITTLE BIT been remotely shown to work for folks like you, and ADHD likewise is mostly a medical myth perptrated by the makers of these pills. Unironically some of the weakest science available.

I not only remember it but fully understand it and am able to explain it to others. I can teach myself concepts and processes fairly easy as well.

AMA

>a medical myth
Yes, and one that a medical practitioner would lose all respect for speaking of as such. Also one that has clear, irrefutable neuroimaging behind it at this point, but for some reason people like you still tell people like me that my condition is "mythical". Yes, medication is being overdiagnosed and overprescribed. Such is the state of any industry, including the medical one, under today's stage of capitalism. But that doesn't invalidate the actual diagnoses beneath these inflated business practises.

Anti-diabetics and anti-psychotics aswell?

Adderall makes me the person i always wanted to be. I've only done it a couple of times before exams (what a cliche, i know) , but it basically gives you superpowers. I'd slay through insanly boring literature in poltical science, say about the structure of different voting systems, and enjoy the shit of it. It just completly open your mind and make you thirst and crave information. I love it.

All those fucking ""inspiring"" stories about "here are people with great success despite ADHD! Everyone can do it" are bullshit. If anything people with ADHD have an UNFAIR adventage because it makes you so focused. They're fucking doped up out of their mind, yeah they suck without the medicine, but after they're on it they are way beyond "normal" humans. I had a guy in my study group that would just spew out dates and different literature, statistics, you literally can't compeat if the person isn't a complete retard. I also have another friend who recently got diganosed, Just a normal girl, and bam wouldn't ya know it her grades went from Cs and Bs to straight A.

Its almost worth faking ADHD to get em. It's so arbitrary anyway.

It's such a hassle because you have to plan your life around mitigating the negative side effects caused by stim use. Not to mention the self-discipline needed to do it successfully.

This annon is high

Adderallfag here. I have been taking it since I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2002. After a while you stop noticing the effects, it is more useful during childhood and teenage years. I still take it just to be on the safe side though...

I didn't read back when I abused it, but I'm almost completely sure it's terrible for fiction. Uppers forcibly throw off your emotional balance to be excessively serious, while also blunting any sort of feeling that comes "from the heart".