Books that help defeating a defeatist mindset?

Books that help defeating a defeatist mindset?
I'm sick of being my own enemy

Attached: 1549068493491.png (509x411, 17K)

First step is wanting to change. Good job user.

Now start with the Greeks, unironically.

into Buddhism

‘Patience, my heart. You endured worse than this

homers odyssey

All of it? Or should I read something specific?

don't listen to this user; greeks are a giant meme my man. just download and read medical journals at random. Don't even read paragraphs discursively just choose unfamiliar/peculiar terms or phrases from across different articles and string them together, build a house with them in your head: maybe a nice pool in the back yard, three stories even, hell–go all out and toss a bidet in there. Once you've built it throw some parties in it: a house warming, birthdays, a couple bar mitzvahs, and a gay orgy or two.
At this point you're going to want to really mix it up, maybe read the first page of every book you can find from the year 1807, translate a couple shota guro doujins into Attic Greek, remember that bidet? make some kool-aid in that bitch, forgo all worldly possessions, pluck a chicken, reclaim your possessions just to assert dominance, and finally dress like a women and LARP as Lucia of Syracuse while spending three months on the peak of Dictē subsisting only on microdots; congrats you're now an accelerationist.

Attached: 9768758687.jpg (629x624, 54K)

Simply stop

>Now start with the Greeks, unironically.
SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

First Camus, then Marcus Aurelius, then Kierkegaard, then Nietzsche, then Jordan Peterson. You can also just start at Peterson but you might not be ready because many people don't comprehend what he's talking about when it comes to meaning. Also try to socialize and take D-vitamins. Also sleep well. Worked for me. Also gym.

If you don't usually read books start with Peterson. I think that Camus could be good, Camus on Sisyphus, The Stranger.

This

Also also also also

You don't need to defeat defeatism
I self-identify as human trash even though I've achieved more in my life than many people could imagine

Attached: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (3672x3024, 1.38M)

You don't need a book, you need introspection.

It's time to dig deep and understand the hidden purpose and meaning of your defeatism. Only then will you be able to change.
There's a reason you're doing it, an unconscious goal you're trying to achieve, and it's manifesting itself as a feeling of unease, a desire to put an end to your efforts and sabotage yourself.
As irrational as your behavior seems to you, in the deeper parts of your mind it is all very coherent and rational.
Without understanding and verbalizing these hidden rules and knowledge, you'll be fighting yourself for years and if you're strong enough you might pull ahead once in a while.

Your experiences built your current world view and this world view is telling you to be a defeatist. Look inward because nothing outside of yourself will help you change.

depressive realism is not a meme

misanthropy and myopia have become predictable/commonplace among so many young and alienated men for a reason, it's no coincidence

this is my first day on Yea Forums I like it

Introspection is surely necessary for someone who's in OP's situation, but relying solely on it can lead one to becoming trapped in the byzantine constructions of his own mind. Talking with other people, reading books, and in general doing things outside of the routine are all things that can alter one's mental content significantly and therefore help him gain a different perspective on things which can aid in self scrutiny.

Nietzsche, ancient schools of thought like epucurus or epictetos, eastern thought like buddhism, psychodynamic and analytic theories while practicing introspection and pondering about the causes..

> defeatist mindset
First, study the discourse that gives meaning to this term, and emancipate yourself from it.

The Enneads

Attached: agL9E0K_700b.jpg (388x333, 12K)

start with the greeks unironically

A confession by Tolstoy

Unironically Being and Nothingness.