What is the point of anthropomorphism? I know there are books like Watership Down and The Wind in the Willows...

What is the point of anthropomorphism? I know there are books like Watership Down and The Wind in the Willows, but what about straight up funny animals? Like if I wanted to write about anthropomorphic ducks, would anyone raise an eyebrow?

Attached: tumblr_ozgi3hDEXo1wsfjxno1_1280.jpg (676x629, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poets.org/poetsorg/poem/daffy-duck-hollywood
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't get it

Just do it, why do you even care what other people think? Make a good product, tell a good story, and people will like it. Nobody else knows what is in your head, so they will have trouble seeing your vision until you show it to them with a finished product

Attached: ThoughIDoWorryAboutTheMiddleDogAndHisFaceDisorder.jpg (720x333, 74K)

Anthropomorphism in general?

Not OP, but the joke is he's greedy, and while they take a shower (all at the same time, which is pretty fucking weird), he takes their clothes and sells them back to them

Thanks!

Attached: 1550509816860.gif (480x525, 2.91M)

>he takes their clothes and sells them back to them
Or to anyone else.

I also want this to be adult fiction.

People already have mental associations with animals, they’ve got an idea of how they act already, and what kind of interactions they’ll have with other animals. It’s a very clever plot device that allows you too characterize without too much exposition. Also animals are cute and funny

Attached: 070FB98D-2D3D-4CE5-8B7E-ADDC7C07BB03.jpg (900x1010, 172K)

not the image, that's clear as glass.
i don't get the joke--op's joke.

Watership Down isn't really anthropomorphic. They're just rabbits.

I think you're thinking of the Redwall series.

Anthropomorphism is propaganda to shill for humanism for the liberal ideologies. The progressive notion of unshackling the minorities and so on require sympathy for humanism, whereas the rational capitalism doesn't give any fucks about anything other than the amount of net profit.

>autism
It's just for fun you dingus.

Antropomorphism works best with illustration.

Attached: 618375.jpg (600x936, 157K)

found the humanist shill

>NO FUN ALLOWED

why do you think that animals and machines can't have fun? why is fun only privileged to humans?

There is no joke.

I honestly don't understand what you're on about. This is a weird strawman.

There will be a book cover.

people project their images and emotions on animals because they are unable to empathize with them otherwise.

Attached: download (1).jpg (188x267, 15K)

Yeah but illustrations work best to depict anthropomorphs and make it more fun. I've got a soft spot for anthropomorphism ever since I read the Redwall series as a kid, but comics like Usagi Yojimbo pull the concept off better.

Dude. I work at an animal shelter. I can empathize with animals and I understand their nature as animals. Anthropomorphism is just for fun. You're taking it way too seriously

Maybe there can be illustrations like the Dickens books.

Attached: download (2).jpg (200x252, 16K)

That'd be cool. Victorian illustrations are neat. Anthropomorphism is largely children's genre too, outside of the furry community anyway.

can you do anthropomorphic characters outside of magical realism and YA/childrens literature?

I want the illustrations to be cartoony, like Italian Donald Duck.

And I really want anthro ducks for adults.

Yes, adult anthro is definitely a thing but you're main appeal is going to be towards the furry community just FYI.

Attached: Albedo1Small.jpg (290x422, 22K)

Gonna publish a respectable literary book, and then do literary ducks.

that's the joke

There being no joke IS THE JOKE???!!!

IS THIS A JOKE?!?!

Just do the ducks. Anthro is cool and hope it eventually gains broader appeal, but people like you need to make stuff for that to happen. Tell us more about your duck idea. Who's the main character? Setting? Plot?

Incel autistic bitch go back to pol inbred MAGAcel whore

I have another compelling novel I want to write first, sorry.

Anyways, about the duck idea.

Inspired by John Ashbery's Daffy Duck in Hollywood. poets.org/poetsorg/poem/daffy-duck-hollywood

The setting is an idealized Los Angeles with robust public transport. The main characters are a duck couple and their three boys, and their neighbors, a single father duck with his two duck girls. There is also a lesbian teenage duck.

I'll probably change some details to avoid being sued by Disney.

Main themes include romantic crushes, burgeoning sexuality and gender roles. I haven't thought of a good plot, I just have some scenes in mind.

Sounds cute. Any particular reason you're choosing ducks? Will other animals be used?

Aww, I'm surprised you didn't roast me.

I don't know if there will be other animals. Maybe it will be like the duck comics. I dunno.

Attached: 1547668593495.png (222x210, 17K)

>you're main appeal is going to be towards the furry community just FYI.
oh......

Ducks have a rich history of being kino.

Attached: barks_lostintheandes.jpg (900x654, 205K)

Them's the facts. I like anthro and am not a furry, but I'm well aware of who else reads anthro.

I'd recommend using other animals, or even just other birds. The variety makes illustrations more interesting and establishes characters without much exposition like said.

Ah. I'll add parrots and chickens.

Bump

>implying toad is not hilarious
Smh

Who said that?

Based duck fetishist

Not a furry or anything but that rabbit has some thicc toes

I am based. Also, why didn't you chose the post that has setting and characters?