Whom was in the wrong here?

Whom was in the wrong here?

Attached: bdfw.png (429x188, 158K)

"Who" is the correct usage here; "whom" is the direct object pronoun, and, in this context, does not belong here. Do this test next time:

"I/you/he/she was/were in the wrong here."

"Him/Her/ was in the wrong here."

The right answer is Bloom. He didn’t even read the work, he’s just mad that David called his writing turgid, which it is.

>David Foster Wallace calling someone else's writing turgid
Now ain't that the pot calling the ketamine crack.

Harold Bloom hates Infinite Jest because it’s name is lifted from Hamlet.
I’m not joking

Whom'st'd've wereth fallacious hither?

Lucretius?

Thanks!

Attached: cinematic-mod-1098-screens-alyx-002.jpg (600x375, 24K)

Lol based

Christ, does the man ever stop sucking Shakespeare’s necrotic dick?

The thing is, David used the term ironically in a scene where he tries to convey that there are levels of depth we would all like to ignore due to the pain.
Bloom didn’t read the book he just heard he was mentioned in the same sentence as turgid.

>direct object pronoun
So ummm, does this mean that whomst'd've would be the indirect object pronoun, assuming of course that such a thing were to exist?

bump for facts.
I knew a guy once who dismissed David entirely without ever having read him simply based on Bloom's misinformed opinion.
Bloom didn't realize that the scene was meant to make us sympathize with the professor/Bloom-insert, it was the immature audience we were meant to dislike, of which even Hal and we the readers were also part. It's sort of complicated, but an ironic (and yet clearly very truthful) statement about how people don't bother to read beyond the surface.

It was actually a sort of elaborate compliment. This scene occurs at the end of the book when Hal takes the DMZ, meditates on death, and everything gets real "artsy" recalling the incomprehensible more esoteric films in his father's filmography before descending into one of the book's most beautiful sequences where he recalls his childhood home, also the last time we see Hal outside the intro.
I hate Bloom.

Edit: He was trying to make sort of mental associations that were sort of ironic, sad and beautiful.
Bloom is a fag if he can't appreciate that he used his method to demonstrate how people would miss the point, even Bloom himself..

Whom is an objective pronoun, you shitdick.

However stupid that guy is for using "whom" wrong, you're stupider for posting without reading the thread.

Attached: 1455674047085.jpg (1252x1252, 74K)

*howmever

ij, the lesser man´s gravity´s rainbow

fuck off Hal

Wardine be cry