What cities are you from, Yea Forums?

What cities are you from, Yea Forums?

Been feeling a little disillusioned lately. Started going to university and hoped that I would at least find a few Yea Forums orientated people. There's a writers group on campus and I've been to a few of them and it's honestly pretty cringy. Lots of Lord of the Rings and Potter types.

Granted, this is in the middle of northern New England. I feel like there's no real "crowd" for me here and I've been contemplating moving to a city. Perhaps Austin or Boston.

Do any of you feel as if there's some sort of literary "scene" or "crowd" in your city?

Attached: 2365d11112bce7b8f4b17bc68fa7200d.jpg (564x1001, 90K)

Nice try, eff bee aye

I'm from a small market town in England. There is nothing much here

I live under a bridge in Tennessee

I'm living in Cambridge at the moment But I was never smart enough to go to the university. If you don't, there's no reason to be here other than to experience a cloying, nannyish culture and an ephemeral sense of pretension for being in geographic proximity to smart people

Attached: Sucy.gif (300x300, 174K)

Portland, Oregon.
I don't like most of the people but I've found a decent crew of friends through school and work.
The food and nature are 10/10.
Decent public transit so if you can find a cheap living situation (get someone local or to help you set up a NextDoor app and use it to find and live in some boomer's basement or MIL suite for $500 a month, do not move into one of the new apartment buildings going up. They are low quality and overpriced. The developers basically used affordable housing grants to put together bullshit of the cheapest possible materials, give 1/20 units to an unemployed schizo, and charge hipsters out the ass for the "prime location" in some formerly shitty neighborhood) you can live for dirt cheap.
It sucks because when the righties decide to activate their sleepers and initiate campaigns on urban areas we are assuredly going to be under seige by Y'all Quaeda units from every other town in OR (besides Eug and Bend I guess). Be white and you'll be fine. Otherwise buy a confederate flag to fly when they come marching in and you should get enough points as a "based [whatever you are]" to survive I think.

Fucking “developers”
>Y’all Qaeda
Ha! New one on me.

Wish I spoke the language fluently though. Now I'm just a normal Amerimutt.

Attached: Tartu.jpg (1024x683, 112K)

NYC here, everyone is a rupi kaur hipster tier pseud.

Toronto
just fucking end it all

Sheffield in Northern England

It sucks

Saint Paul, Minnesota. I live around five blocks away from F. Scott Fitzgerald's childhood house
Not sure if there is a literal scene in this city, lots of good bicycling trails however

Attached: rice-park-saint-paul-amanda-stadther.jpg (900x599, 212K)

same
and same

They're coming butterfly. Several militias in this state. Better get a gun unless you're ready to pretend to wholeheartedly welcome them like me. I'm pretty sure you're trans tho, so consider getting that gun and a bugout bag. I will try to set up some kind of underground railroad to shuttle your kind to our stronghold military bases in CA.
And yeah the developers are garbage people but everyone knew this would happen when the city designed these affordable housing initiatives. They directly incentivize shitty cheap work and overpriced units, there's way better ways to set this type of thing up but it's not charismatically lefty enough for this city's fucking prog NPR boomer overclass. They're talking about rent control now, I can only take so much.

Literary*

Attached: hist_sp-cathedral-01.jpg (800x662, 254K)

sounds comfy, mind if I join you?

Shy Town

*sigh*
Not a trans. Former conservative.

Don't be paranoid. The most these people are capable of (including their equally retarded left counterparts) is rioting in strength no greater than the yearly Mayday protests in Seattle, which see a few broken bones, a bunch of damaged small businesses, and a lot of hurt feelings. When the blood hits the street the police come in and break this crap up regardless who is on what side, and I promise you none of your feared 'militias' will risk mass retaliation against the law unless they want to be branded criminals on the spot, which most do not want. The hardcores will be fettered and the rest will disperse

I'm sure theres some in nyc but theres so many dipshits and soimales that it maked the effort not worth it

That is until the NRA suggests they burn down those affordable housing units.
Trust that your superiors have a wide array of devious contingency plans, Mr. spy.

>That is until the NRA suggests they burn down those affordable housing units
God I wish

I live in southern NH user, want to hang out?

Stay the fuck away from boston. It's near-exclusively borderline illiterates or sjw hp fans. You will not enjoy a Yea Forums conversation without it ending in an identity politics shoehorn maneuver

>I sincerely want more homeless Americans so that the crime rate increases

Truly bizarre

Attached: BA30DA07-00D9-4DE6-ABA1-5AF2FF0BB840.jpg (873x1068, 103K)

Live in Perth Australia, I don't know if there's anyone lit here.

I wouldn't mind meeting some. I could really do with a friend.

so you made an even bigger transition then a gender one. You're trans as fuck.

South Miami, FL its truly a strange place down here, you either get some really smart people or some really stupid people. I'm going to FSU next year so i'm totally not sure how people are in colleges atm. What i've been told is people are usually parting day and night at FSU or are strictly closed in focused on their goals. I've been all over the U.S. and FL is by far the strangest place. The more north you go the more its southern/rural like Ohio/Arkansas the more south you go the more insane people are like Cali people in a New York city truly bizarre. My friends in HS are decent people but none have hobbys like literature. I was told by someone here that FSU was a good college for English so thats the only direction I have right now I pray thats the case as FSU is far from my home.

You are into penis butterfly! Just admit it :D

FSU will probably rot your brain out and turn you into an NPC-style communist. Not that communism is strictly for idiots, but that you'll turn into the kind of person who thinks calling Republicans "liberals" is a coherent insult in contemporary politics. Your entire lifestyle will transform itself into a /pol/ caricature. That, or you'll get several STDs native to FSU. They don't call it Tallanasty for nothing.

Should have scored higher on those SATs my dude.

Started going to college too. Unironically we got like five speeches about feminism in a row by the dean, the teachers and the student council. Also one about resisting fascism. I'm dead serious. What the fuck? Yea Forums told me the politicization of academia was a myth.

I love Portland and hate the changes I've seen there over the last 6 years or so as the influx of shitty Californians has started turning the town into a (slightly) cold weather version of a generic California town. But the food is so good that I keep coming back.

Yourself included.
Regards from Upstate.

Attached: ur.png (829x829, 27K)

You're missing the part where 90% of the units in those new 'affordable housing' developments are actually market rate units (and in Portland proper 'market rate' means 'inflated to the amount dumb hipsters and californians will pay'). The trade off of losing one legitimately disposessed/poor person and at the same time getting rid of 10-20 hipster californians is pretty good all things considered.

Currently in San Diego. There is no literary scene/crowd here at all. Our theater scene is actually quite good though.

What a surprise op is being a faggot

>upstate
I sincerely doubt that, capitol rat.

But that’s what the rent control is for. Getting people actual affordable housing so there’s less homeless
Little progressives bandages, bu it’s something

Wait what do you mean?? I'm from a pretty shitty area(Broward) so any private university is viewed with super high respect. I was sure all other options are pretty bad? FIU is overrated and too many people get in that don't really care, UM is never recommended here but I doubt I can get in my GPA was whatever in HS,(My SAT scores are the only thing getting me by.). I'm not sure about all the other uni's what do you recommend?

I honestly might go to Miami Dade College for undergrad than choose a proper university from there, my professor surly will point me in the right direction?

Attached: ddd.jpg (400x453, 50K)

I'm from a small town (the name of which I will not tell you because the population is 1,092 and I am probably the only one that uses Yea Forums) that's further upstate than you ever dreamed of going. That is, between Syracuse and Rochester.

That's fine, but that's not what's happening in Portland. Developers are abusing a program where they can essentially access construction capital for next to nothing by saying that they will 'build affordable housing,' but the housing they build isn't actually affordable. There's a token unit or two thrown into these buildings, but the vast majority of units they are building are market rate, and not affordable. And as noted before, market rate is artificially inflated by the influx of outside money, so it's not the native population or the local poor that are actually benefiting from this so-called affordable housing.

Government price floors ruin the housing market for poor people who work and provide incentives for slum lords who know they are guaranteed a check from the state for a rat's nest. Ideally things should never have gotten this bad but unfortunately because of retards like you a lot of people are going to have to die.

>literary "scene" or "crowd"
to be frank, literary crowds would be full of insufferable cunts. better to chill with the proles and normies.

>lives in Ohio, NY
>upstate
You're as far from me as I am from NYC

I got that from before, but then (someone said) there’s talk of of rent control to shut the crooked developers out

>XD le super secret Suttree reference
Kys

What’s your favorite part of a penis, butterfly :D

Ok Shok Kog goblin Gedad. It Narg only getting worse ash there Narg Naog Ozon. Ok narg learning Eg speak the language so Ok can Shok Ka Ok Aga Eg Ozon.

That's between Albany and Syracuse, not Syracuse and Rochester. I'm much further West. Also, what the fuck, do you think anything south of Malone is downstate? And where do you get off saying you're from NYC if you live in Poughkeepsie or some shit?

>thats between albany and syracuse
KEK good one not what i meant

Sorry if by "Ohio, NY," I thought you meant the town of Ohio, NY.

Little provincial town called San Agustín Tlaxiaca, 2 hours away from Mexico City.

I like sunsets.

Is that pronounced TAHOCKA?

Edmonton, Canada. The housing is affordable and the City has some fantastic locations if you know where to look. Half the population want's to remain a 'small town' urban sprawl rather than a fully fledged city, which can be frustrating.

What do you mean? That you live in Ohio?

Noup.

TLAK - SI - A - KA

You're close to the state dude

Sharjah, UAE.

Reading is non existent here, the top selling book at the last book fair was milk and honey by Rupi Kaur.

J U S T

I was going to rant at you about how I'm not at all close to the state of Ohio but then I remembered that I can actually get to Ohio more quickly than I can get to NYC. I guess I've been repressing how bizarro American Pastoral my upbringing was.

>UAE
>Rupi Kaur
I-Islam will rule the world!

I am incapacitated by laughter when anyone mentions a war between "the West" and some vague, lingering notion of "the Turk" (the Islamic or near Eastern world). Every nation in the world that isn't American or European wants to be American (or, if they can't be that, European). They need us to legitimize their blind market glutting with just as thoughtless overconsumption.

Minneapolis, MN.
It's a nice enough place to live even if winter is a bit of a drag.
The writing group on my campus was awful, but a bar near my apartment has a monthly poetry night that I enjoy quite a bit.

Attached: stonearch.jpg (650x425, 49K)

FSU is coalburner central my man. Tallahassee is a literal shithole. Why didn’t you try to get into UF?

How’s the Somalian situation?

Uhh. I am not responsible for the collapse of capitalism, retard. Nor is anyone else who can see this house of cards is going down.
Yeah, rent control is bs. Just give them their homes. Fucking debt mongers

this desu
not even many good book stores

somebody told me that FSU had good professors I honestly never considered UF but apparently padget powell teaches there (a relatively well known author who should've been born in Oulipo times.) I'll have to second guess my decision again and go investigating, I mean,Tallahassee, i've never been it cant be so shit, right?

San Francisco reporting in!

Any other hipster lefty neo-marxist street shitters on here?

Attached: 1536447122842.png (680x683, 398K)

How do you guys find a literary community?

Make a thread about this instead of asking it here.

Flash yer badge first, spook.

I used to live in Norwich, but I moved to the south of England and don't live in a city here.
Norwich is a lovely place with two cathedrals, and I was told it has a church for every day of the year. I'm not a churchgoer, but it feels good to be surrounded by beautiful buildings.

Attached: N.jpg (1600x1200, 483K)

I'm from Copenhagen - pretty comfy city, not as safe or fun as the media portrays it to be - but currently at Warwick uni in the UK. The uni isn't actually located in Warwick (a nice market town) but is instead on the outskirts of Coventry, a literal shithole. Most heavily bombed place during WW2, so post-war planners did their thing, and well, now it's just a concrete jungle. Will be living in Royal Leamington Spa next year though, which is a comfy Victorian spa town

I'm from Christchurch. It doesn't get more Yea Forums.

You may as well join the marines user, welcome to the Suck.

Anyone from NRW or germany in general here?
Hamm reporting in

Attached: 0FCBE0E0-73CC-491F-B4EC-F4E702D4C4DE.gif (466x465, 23K)

checked, and my friend went to the same uni. I feel for you, user. Worst place I have ever visited.

It's a pretty comfy, not to big city, everything from me is less than a km away.
Almost even like a kind of European village.

Attached: hasselt.jpg (488x298, 174K)

Rapid City

Kanker picturesque

Where in southern NH?

>I'm from a pretty shitty area(Broward)
you wanna have a lan party?

NW Chicago suburbs

No it’s not

Grand Rapids, Michigan. The west coast of Michigan is severely underrated

Mostly old retired boomers writing while living in some beach town though

Attached: mi_rec.gif (360x346, 9K)

I was just kidding. Somewhat. Just beware, keep a critical mind, try to find alternative perspectives, and don't fuck too many people. Also, always use a condom.

no brazil here? hm

Attached: parana.jpg (560x420, 125K)

dae piazao

Good post.
But if you really think the militias of SE and East Oregon are anything to fear just look at how the Bundy Bros were BTFOd by the Feds.
Those guys need to realize that their individualist streak is going to be their undoing.
The US military and ABC agencies are very good at organizing and projecting power.

Just look at /pol/ and ask what it would take for a divinely forceful religion to take the west.

Actual Tennessee reporting in. I spend my weekends hiking up the Smoky Mountains, finding a spot that sees all, and attempting to mimic Walden.

brasileiro não sabe ler, quão menos falar inglês, retardado

Attached: bolso.jpg (484x272, 14K)

e ae cara, blz?

well, you're right in general, but usually when there's a brazilian/luso/latin american literature, a shit ton of brs show up.

Attached: 6cbb2f237c51e6ab175bf635a3e5c845.jpg (620x838, 161K)

unironically should have gone to fiu

Let me get this straight - you feel disillusioned because of the lack of authenticity, genuineness, or depth of The Sticks™, and you think a solution is moving to an urban hub where the only thing that's honest is the dishonesty?
You're problem is that you're still chasing some romantic ideal that does not exist. Likely either because you've been done a serious disservice and someone convinced you there's this pure, idyllic place where everyone is a deeply invested as you are (there isn't), or because you've got a massive ego and envision yourself as some kind of auteur stuck alone among bumpkins (ironic, considering such feelings prove you're just another bumpkin).
You cannot move somewhere to find peace or truth. You have to figure out how to be at peace where you are first, and give up on "truth", because that's bullshit. The only truth is what exists in the arbitration of human existence, which is inherently limited. "Truth" is nothing more than an ego trip for delusional narcissists falsely believing they could know it even if it existed.

Anyone bcn? Wanna make a lit meet up here, would be nice

Same. Always my dream to live here since I came as a child in the late 80s. Sadly even my neighborhood (EV) has become a corporatist hedonist shitthole over the last decade or so. Wife and I moving to the woods of OH soon, with all our sweet Manhattan money.

You go to U of M? I'm trying to do very well at my community college to make up for my shit senior year of highschool so I can get in there.

Sup butterfly.

Lexington, Ky. Bourbon, horses and basketball

I am from Richmond Virginia. IT is a mid-sized city with no literary legacy other than Willa Cather and Edgar Allen Poe. i don't have any friends who like literature and have become disenfranchised with literature myself recently my discord is nobody #9786 .

Attached: richmond.jpg (667x250, 184K)

no i just want to have friends with common interests that can help me advance in the field i am interested in

I'm from Florida.

There is no literary scene, at least not in the area I live.

i lived in london when i was a student
i was basically like londonfrog
i didn't hang out with cool artists and like minded fellows, i just wandered around the centre feeling lonely
culturally i went to wigmore hall a lot for chamber music concerts and the bfi for ozu film festivals and the like and just paid for my ticket and sat in my seat and experienced the art and that was it, i didn't interact with anyone
i never even thought that you could do a social book thing, i just read them by myself

Went to UCONN, literally all fucking plebs. Not trying to shit on them, just saying no one was interested in Yea Forums. what do you even want from a literary scene? Just fucking read man.

Is the far-right situation in the PNW as bad as it seems? I saw a video about how white supremacists see it as a potential "haven" for their shitty ideas and how they're trying to recruit people from the era.

i live in a european village (100> people) and it doesnt look pretty

Nah man it's the same as it is everywhere, just a rumor and a couple larpers in the woods who wouldn't say shit to your face.
Even in ID, the western capital of neonazi activity, there's only like 400 max.
If I was to start a white ethnostate I'd go somewhere nobody gives a shit about like South Carolina or Indiana. Who the fuck would contest you for those places, nobody even lives there you know?

I live in Sydney. Around the inner city I guess there's a few hubs of the interest in "literature", and apparently we have a pretty big writer's festival, but as others have pointed out the highest it reaches is modern identity politics drivel or praising those lame airport-tier non-fiction books that "change the paradigm."

I'm from Vancouver BC. Most lit around here is boomer novels and gay refugee autobiographies. I have some friends that are pretty cool though, and it's actually quite a nice place to live, depending on neighbourhood. Aside from that, might be moving up to shithole murder capital of Canada Prince George next year.

Sup