A modern masterpiece. To be studied by many in the upcoming aeons

A modern masterpiece. To be studied by many in the upcoming aeons

Attached: A1ZCxsVuOzL.jpg (1684x2560, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PH-iW8KAJg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marlon James is dumb. Actually dumb. You can tell watching one of his interviews.

Agreed, genuinely fascinating, aeons is a little silly tho

oh my God, I just did. He is a borderline retard indeed. To read him is to disrespect yourself as a BODY
youtube.com/watch?v=5PH-iW8KAJg

This is his “black Game of Thrones” correct?

>53 min
can you just point the "retard moment"?

Delusional. It's GoT tier. The author himself said it was the nignog version of ASOIAF.

click anywhere where he is talking and listen for a few minutes

book is actually good but that dude seems "slow"

This cover is atrocious. Never read the book. Not that interested.

Fuck you.

>ITT everyone on Yea Forums who can't write at all badmouths a writer who won the Man Booker Prize

>one user says Marlon James is dumb.
>another user says he is slow

>watches first 9 minutes.
>jumps to 26:00 and watches 2 minutes.
... This guy seems normal. By no means is he brian cox or morgan freeman when he talks, but there's nothing wrong with him.

Attached: wewefwef3f3fe.jpg (1024x683, 70K)

there are no wolves in Africa. What did he mean by this

Watch his short interview on the late night show with Seth Myers. That’s the one that made me think he was dumb (or at least very shallow).

“Wow the booker prize so amazing!”

Gass was right, you win a Pulitzer or a man booker and you are guaranteed low middlebrow NYT-tier

Well he is from Jamaica, they probably don’t have leopards or wolves there

Close enough that northern Africans would know what a wolf is, historically speaking.

Attached: Grey_wolf_distribution_with_subdivisions.png (1168x347, 49K)

Y’all dumb calling him dumb.

Listen to Big Think podcast with him as invite.

Wouldn’t say he’s anything amazing but to disregard a writer/professor now forced to do book tours as he’s a dumbos is idiotic and childish.

>Northern african
>Nigger

Choose one.

Can someone paste the hyena gangrape part?

>Ya’ll
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Someone being a professor means nothing, I’ve met some real retards in university, genuine pea brains, the kind you don’t even feel contempt towards, just a general bewilderment

>reading fantasy
>ever
Burn this one with your Le Guin, op.

How is A Brief History of Seven Killings?

One of the best books of this century however since this is /lit and he's black most people will tell you it's terrible even though they haven't even browsed the wiki page. Sadly this is what's wrong with this board great discussion but many of these idiots fall for stormfag and poltard propaganda

Not the user you replied to but I clicked on 35:46 and he sounds fine.

OK I'm and now he's sad to admit to cultural appropriation. Absolute mong

A Brief History of Seven Killings is one of the absolute best books written in the last twenty years and while I'm skeptical that the author is dumb that doesn't change how good the book was even if it's true. Maybe Yea Forums is overestimating how much intelligence matters in writing.

Or, like others are saying, maybe Yea Forums is filled with morons who can't comprehend the fact that a dark-skinned man can write a good book.

This

Synopsis sounds cringe. We WUZ Game of Thrones n Sheeit

Okay so he could be considered lazy for not doing his own research, but a short conversation that covers only basic questions about his writing isn't going to touch on anything with depth.
I don't like the idea of reading an entire story in one book only to have it retold in a different way two more times in two other books, through.
That's a huge disservice in my opinion.
But I'm also curious to see what an african lord of the rings would look like.

I just watched. Idk if he’s dumb but something is kind of annoying about him...

>immediately brings up the prize he won within seconds
>captioning the Instagram photo of his award with “holy fuck” sounds like something a teenage girl would do
>constantly on twitter and Facebook saying dumb shit no one cares about
>insinuates people care about what he tweets, like people and newsgroups are hanging on his every word, even when he is complaining about airports
>he got his inspiration for the book from a tv show
>”that’s fantastic!” “Yeah it’s gonna explode all over Reddit.”
>something he said “as a joke” got to be “such a big deal” that George R. R. Martin sent him an email.
>his assistant does all the research for two years
>”I get all my ideas from women”

I bet he gets his text from them too

have you read The Savage Detectives?

that never happened newfag

Not him but I did and what are implying? If it's anywhere close to TSD I will read that bitch