What are some books which might help one become more disciplined?

What are some books which might help one become more disciplined?

Attached: geothermaliceland.jpg (800x599, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QV3-zaNCPWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

emmerson, rand, neetchi and dostoyevsky, already read. what now?

Marcus Aurelius

no book will help you become more disciplined.

just do it! stop consuming start producing

None

Interesting thought. I disagree though. In the same way that your father might teach you to be disciplined, so might a book.
Read it.

>Read it.
Read Meditations again. If you actually do the things it says you will become disciplined.

12 Rules for life by Jordan P...
>wait? this is not reddit?
>abort! abort!

Such as?

Quran. Must be sincere when reading, no biases and must abandon atheistic world view and must use logic. heres my fav chapter narrated:
youtube.com/watch?v=QV3-zaNCPWc

I enjoyed his lectures (particularly his Personality and Biblical series) but was really disappointed in 12 Rules

Shouldn't you be bombing some village in Syria?

This

But also, discipline will ultimately be a choice of courage and willpower. And if you learn to connect with God, it becomes a tremendous aid to your endeavor. The Qur'an is a mercy to mankind. Please don't be mislead by the hate it gets on this site.

None. You will either lack the discipline to actually pick up the recommendated literature, or you will lack the discipline to put the instructions contained therein into practice. Lack of discipline is a catch-22: In order to beat it, you would need to already have beat it.

based

unbased
>if you learn to connect with God, it becomes a tremendous aid to your endeavor.
>The Qur'an is a mercy to mankind.

wtf are you even saying, LARPer?

>Every religious person on lit is LARPing

I'm just trying to help user. You don't have to be rude about it.

I asked for help becoming more disciplined, not for suggestions on how to overcome laziness. A disciplined person can become more disciplined, a lazy person has a harder time.
Can I get a brief gestalt?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

How about The Tao of Jet Kun Do?

So do you have a cat or not :3

Yeah, I get it. Its just like in siddartha by herman hesse, how siddartha, despite knowing all the truths of enlightenment, needed to experience it for himself in order to truly understand it.
Interesting suggestions, Ill check it out.

I answered there already. I haven’t been able to keep one for years.

You are a dumb LARPing faggot who should jump off a building.

The 12 rules by Peterson

The Qur'an is the holy book of Islam, a test revealed by God to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The text functions effectively as a concise handbook delineating the behaviors and characteristic which lead to peace within the soul. It is both similar and unlike the previous Abrahamic text; it includes many of the stories revealed in the Torah, as well as some new ones, but, foremost, the difference is that the Qur'an is presented in such a way that, because they were instructions directly given to Muhammad, it appears to speak directly to the reader as well, creating an incredibly intimate religious experience, dissimilar from any other holy text I've read. If the instructions are followed with sincerity, then, God willing, He will draw Hismelf near to you and make His existence incredibly clear. Don't listen to people spewing vitriol in the thread, they are speaking on prejudice and not experience. When God puts the faith in your heart, His Truth becomes so obviously youd even laugh at yourself for considering otherwise. The Qur'an will guide you to discipline, peace, and felicity beyond your imagination. But it is not easy at all, in fact it may even feel overwhelming at times, but, as someone who has experienced the beautiful fruits of building a relationship with God, I strongly advise you to consider. Again, please don't listen to the islamaphobic comments and people saying "LARPer", its no joke at all.

*Text not test, sorry

a) go back in time and force your parents to make you study and do chores when you were a child

b) wake up at 5:45 AM, exercise for 15 minutes exactly, get a sunlamp and stand in front of it for 10 minutes, take a cold shower, work on your hobbies before going to work (reading, painting, whatever). Don't beat yourself up for missing a day. Don't force yourself to work in the afternoon. Don't force yourself to catch up on work in days you've intentionally set aside. You only have a limited number of productive hours in the day and don't let your employer have them.
The feeling of falling behind kills your discipline - every day is a unique and discrete event that must have a unique and discrete drive to accomplish that is unaffected by the previous day's failures or successes.
Open your curtains! Open your windows! Don't be afraid to let rain dampen your windowsill.

Attached: 1548631231849.gif (1000x512, 1.84M)

Inspiring

Attached: 1548899811986.jpg (2272x1704, 1.5M)

Ever thought about that you saying that it is no joke might be in fact only proof that you did not get the joke? You're in too deep to notice - it looks pretty funny from where I am at
>except that real people die because of stuff like that

Also:
>He will draw Hismelf near to you

>Don't be afraid to let rain dampen your windowsill.
This.
This shall henceforth be my credo.

No book will. Start a difficult morning routine and stick with it if you want to be disciplined.