Yo Yea Forums thoughts on my writing?

For more than 3 years I've been writing like a hermit; in almost complete obscurity. A few people know about my music projects, but NOBODY reads my books despite it being pretty darn high quality--and there's a whole bunch of it, too. I swear, just say something and I can you give you a relevant fragment.

I don't want to be a NEET forever, this is my passion and I put in so much effort. Why does it go ignored? I even started with the Greeks!

Am I relegated to the recesses of history? Forgotten amidst a flurry of fatalistic frogs?

Attached: IMG_20190306_142449.jpg (2168x2169, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=16OSeHe-6gF9MIv0TxWe2DbSXcHPXbDJn
medium.com/batwhaledragon/the-fulfillment-games-515c1652cb0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Give us a sample

I too am a neet. I even got here these neetbux.

You could literally spend a whole day reading my books:
drive.google.com/open?id=16OSeHe-6gF9MIv0TxWe2DbSXcHPXbDJn

baldy

Which topics are you interested in?

Attached: 1526175808976.png (1561x1561, 3.14M)

I for one have embraced my status as a genetic dead end and a person condemned to be forgotten by history . The privilege of people like us is that instead of being forced to become participants in society we can simply become observers watching the world from our armchairs and nobody will judge you for it because they simply have no expectations for losers.

obviously I'm big balls high test could have been the king of /litfit/ but alas

Attached: 3 - Copy.jpg (2100x2100, 2.04M)

Yea Forums culture made me buy some pepecoin. Still a poorfeg
kek
feelsbadman. It's true though, if you're a loser, it's almost like you don't exist to normies.

damn sorry to say, but i skimmed through some of this, and i think it's worthless. Start over. Try to tell a story?

NEETS RISE!

Feedback is fine and dandy, even if harsh.

Which book(s) did you check out? Tales Untold & The Reflection Collection are full of stories. The former is a bunch of loose short stories (Seasons Of Love & The Zoobadoo Zoo my personal favourites), the latter is more cohesive, YA (The Melendrin Road) + edgy (Jane Pinkerton) + poetry about art (Creative Absolution) + camp (Borderless Bedlam) + a Greek tragedy inspired by the alchemists (Velerio + Bandorv)

Humans Laid Bare is by far my worst book, mostly shite. The follow-up book Reasons For Being is miles better, talks about what gives people satisfaction. Also nihilism, complexity, godlessness, personhood (not pc), love, sex, fantasy, hope, despair, etc.

Well...seeing how you make a post asking what people think about your writing, then you don't post your writing, and I can barely fucking understand what the hell your post is even trying to express, I'd say your writing probably fucking blows.

How can anyone write in obscurity nowadays? Just self publish to Amazon

Relevant chapter from the shitty book (it has its moments)

[1/2]

Admittedly self-serving—this is a self-help book after all—you can increase your likelihood of being victorious by consuming and enacting relevant knowledge to achieve a competitive advantage.
The big advantage you have with my book—compared to other self-help books—is that the content is impermeable to those who lack conviction; they will brand it as humbug, at best. That is their predicament and their loss; Psoid Froidian applicability is purposefully equivocated to remain relevant for those who delve deeper. Why?
Because an easily applicable self-help book is like finding and sharing the inefficiency of a market publicly; the moment the public becomes aware of the inefficiency, the potential to profit from it ceases.
Most self-help books are flattering Goldfish flakes; colourful, attractive, and fun veneers ultimately devoid of any nutritional value beyond basic sustenance. The fraction of books that are not, cease their competitive advantage when the knowledge is too easily digestible and widely spread. To put it differently, the worst that can happen to a great self-help book is to become popular. A book can not at once be prominent, easily digestible, and applicable to the extent of producing a competitive advantage for the reader unless it (deliberately or not) obscures and/or—more nefariously—deludes.
Books that are both applicable and who hold a competitive advantage for the reader hide under the protective wings of taboo and obscurity. Few dare pierce taboo, many (rightfully) write off obscurity as drivel; drivel thrives in obscurity because stupid things said in a complicated way sound smart, even when they are in fact stupid.
The tricky part about obscurity is that you cannot ascertain whether something obscure is drivel until you’ve delved deeper into it; its complexity precludes at-glance valuation; obscurity’s merit only becomes apparent once it has been investigated. Obscurity is Schrödinger’s Merit.

[2/3] ffs 77 words too long
Great self-help books that become popular can only retain their virtue of providing a competitive advantage when a large portion of the reader base does not gain accurate, applicable comprehension of the knowledge upon reading the book. Knowing this, act accordingly.
How do you feel, now the Cat is out of the bag? Now that you know for certain that I deliberately obscured? Or did I? Perhaps you, an hautain snob indulging endlessly in academic pedantry, now feel better about your critical lack of self-awareness by half-sarcastically mocking someone who’s mocking you in a wholly inadequate attempt to reconcile with your own pathetic predicament. Or consider this: Perhaps I am but a talentless hack myself, only interested in self-enrichment, thereby creating a popular self-help book for rebellious contrarians. Perhaps I had no intent to expand your belief in the slightest; perhaps I reinforce—like a carriage Horse—the blinders that you wear until you become completely unaware that the blinders are there.

Read some of your Tales and Aphorisms. At least its short so its not too unbearable, but you don't have the prose style of Kafka, the irony, vigour, or scholarliness of Nietzsche, the intellect and breadth of knowledge of Borges, and you aren't as concise in your scenarios or jokes as Vonnegut can be. Better than the shit you normally see on Yea Forums is probably the best compliment I can give. Also your poetry sucks, don't include poetry. Stop writing flash fiction aphoristic bullshit and shitpost lit and try to leverage on some proper narrative stuff.

[3/3]
Think for yourself, I’d advise. But knowing the preceding, should you follow that advice?
Word to the wise: The only certain thing in life is constant uncertainty and the desire to reduce it. The more you learn, the more you realize you know nothing at all; knowledge compounds and becomes less legible in the process due to the confusion caused by apparently irresolvable incompatibility, exempli gratia: A set of rules that requires a subservient subset of rules to continue functioning despite incongruencies, both living in their own cognitive—mutually exclusive though assumed connected somehow, some way, glue lacking—constructs: Classical mechanics and quantum physics. Both constructs of thought can only be conveyed (*with current technology, developments like Musk’s Neuralink might change this in the future) through media of interpretative intermediation, another barrier that obstructs clarity and comprehension. Imagining a cognitive construct with its full complexity and intricacy is already a daunting challenge onto itself, let alone connecting them to other fully-realized cognitive constructs (a necessity for full comprehension; circumstances cross-influence. Always. No exception.) and then conveying them accurately from the internal to the external. This phenomenon’s effect can be counter-acted by neglecting certainty—by certainty of the neglecting variety—losing nuance by neglecting contrasting elements—inducing cognitive dissonance resolved through false (read: inaccurate to actuality) rationalization, the false rationalization being compatible with the inaccurate belief—and thusly losing relevance to actuality, privatively spiralling the believer into the self-imposed curfew of self-reinforcing—often negative to the believer—belief. A very obscure statement—and inadequate holistic expression to a tee—the former, but nonetheless accurate, my belief; certain belief blinds, and the blind can lead none else but the blind. So… Be very wary of complete certainty. Act accordingly.

Grats you said it 'probably fucking blows' so you're already heeding the advice about avoiding absolute certainty. Nice.

I do that, but had maybe like 5 sales total in a whole year which is just plain pathetic. Also having a damn hard time getting reviews. If nobody reads your book, can you really say it's "out there?" I'd argue obscurity is also a lack of exposure, which is the problem most creatives face today rather than a lack of a platform.

Can we see your book

Look at this tripe. What are you saying that hasn't been said before with people like Nietzsche except with a few more contemporary refs, worse style, and more jargonese? You're a shitty writer who lacks self awareness if you think this is an example of good stuff.

You can find the books here: drive.google.com/open?id=16OSeHe-6gF9MIv0TxWe2DbSXcHPXbDJn

The excerpt is from Humans Laid Bare which is about the ways in which language can promote and obstruct truth-seeking.

I'd recommend Reasons For Being; it's the most accessible philosophy book. Also Tales Untold if you like flash fiction.

but I want to see your cover page

I think you're overly verbose about very simple concepts, probably in effort to to compensate for your lack of intelligence. It lacks honesty.

Oh, sure. Here they are:

Humans Laid Bare Trilogyc

Attached: Humans-Laid-Bare-Trilogyc.png (790x1186, 282K)

Oh Lord, you went next for this?

Reasons For Being

Attached: Reasons-For-Being.png (790x1186, 1.04M)

*neet

Exactly my thoughts after having read "reasons for being"
Instead of writing like a hermit, take the Bible, take some poetry of the decadent movement, Plato dialogues, Balthazar Gracian works and St John of the Cross poems and read them like a hermit. Then after your insight is too great, write

Tales Untold

Attached: Tales-Untold.png (1632x2449, 3.24M)

The Reflection Collection

Some individual stories have covers too, but I don't want to spam the thread with covers.

You have read the whole book in less than 2 hours? I'm calling bullshit on that.

Appreciate your advice though, hadn't heard of Balthazar nor St John of the Cross. I'll check them out.

Attached: The-Reflection-Collection.png (1632x2449, 2.07M)

I didn't finish it, I meant to write I read some pages. I couldn't finish, obtuse syntax and many unknown words. Maybe I'm dumb

If you like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, check Gracian, he's been a great influence on them.

Too wordy. And I dont mean that in the Ironic shitpoting-Kanye West way. There is unnesecsry language that doesnt add anything. There's good stuff here, but your propensity to lift it up to a higher level by way of lurid language is holding it back. I think it's great when you're trying to drive a point when simple words arent enough, but there has to be some sort of pace in order to hit harder when those points do come.

Also, I really like the format and the art. Some of it is a bit immature, but at least it's well made and imaginative. But the frilly feel of it makes it YA bait, so maybe scale back a bit on the twee pretty pastel colors if possible.

I like it

Aight fair enough, thanks for recs again

I'm actively trying to reduce my
words to be dense & stylish but not like... dense. I find it challenging to write with flair, simply with pith.

Kk thanks for feedback

cheers

ima keep grinding, have a great week

I try to support the content through style; the chapter is specifically about obscurity so the text is treated accordingly; the text is obscured in order to drive my point about obscurity home.

ima sign off for today. Ciao

>stupid things said in a complicated way sound smart, even when they are in fact stupid.
Hmmmm

Like other anons said, your language and vocabulary is superfluous to an absurd degree.
And it seems purposefully superfluous rather than out of necessity, as if you are trying to imitate philosophers whose language was the result of the latter.
That being said I think there are some interesting ideas.
>'Not to speak of philosophers who must, at all times, espouse the opposite of how people act.'
I liked the witty stuff like this.

I didn't find the verbosity of your writing an obstacle to understanding, but it's true there's something pretentious about your writing.

It's a reference to a quote from earlier in the book, much of Psoid Froid is tongue-in-cheek:

'A coalescence of verbose convolution, veering upon imperceptibility, impinges upon a plain proclamation an apparent profundity.'

Definitely agree the style is quite pretentious. I'm like a baroque building, ornate past necessity. Bit of a vocabulary show-off, too

Arguably, originality is about the way in which concepts are discussed, a new take on similar content where you connect what previously appeared to be disparate. My projects tends to be extremely eclectic, combining many genres & ideas.

Still, I think my best original theory (in the sense you think of originality) is called 'The Fulfillment Games'. It's the most holistic overview of human purpose-seeking that I can think of, and I haven't seen it laid out so succinctly anywhere.

medium.com/batwhaledragon/the-fulfillment-games-515c1652cb0c

I find this character you've established immensely unlikeable. This said, the technique for producing him and his irritating nature seem understood. I would recommend telling stories, and injecting this lunatic in somehow, and through that provide an opportunity for the irony to present itself in a less annoying way.

Your scope is painfully broad, and we readers feel it. You don't guide us to a conclusion, you overwhelm with what you perceive to be the conclusions. Take your work, hide it, and inject your conclusions into stories that are more succinct. You are not a bad writer, per se, but you are fiendishly amateurish. It is fixable, but the prescription is just read a shit-load more. Try reading fiction from the last 100 or so years. You're not a Joyce, you're not a Proust. Don't try to be, and really don't worry to be.

>medium.com/batwhaledragon/the-fulfillment-games-515c1652cb0c
It reads like diluted transactional psychology after a Jordan Peterson youtube binge.

>It's the most holistic overview of human purpose-seeking that I can think of, and I haven't seen it laid out so succinctly anywhere.

Read more. No, seriously; read more.

I think youre projecting your own problems onto what you call your philosophy;
Theres much of an issue with self worth going on behind all this, especially since you refer to yourself contantly as an intellectual, constantly saying how 'woke' you are, while the others mostly seem to be total peasants. Its like an iamverysmart shitpost on 500+ Pages.

if you write for recognition youre never gonna make it

abrasive af yea, edgelord Psoid

Read who?

I write for pleasure/passion primarily. Wouldn't mind recognition, but I love what I write. Sometimes I'm not sure why others dislike it. Maybe I'm too advanced of a shitposter, maybe I'm actuutally shit, hard to tell. praise me

Meta, but extremely relevant: The chapter 'On R/IAmVerySmart

1/2

This rant has been a long time coming. I, as an up-and-coming eminent intellectual, find it my moral imperative to publicly question whether to condemn the nefarious strain of anti-intellectualism underpinning the gist of the forthcoming—propagating its insidious influence branching out from its momentarily measly mainstream subculture—which has seized control over the contemporary subreddit r/IAmVerySmart. The subreddit in question makes me question whether contemptuous denunciation would perturb the mise-en-scene—the vainglorious reeking spirit of the place—in a way that would be to the public’s gain. To be consciously intellectual is a dangerous endeavor for—as the lauded and prominently venerated George Carlin perspicaciously observed—the average person is an idiot and half of the populace is—quite unfathomably, indeed—more idiotic. As such it is perhaps understandable—albeit deplorably intellectually irreconcilable—that anti-intellectualism has taken root prominently in America—who has a long-running history of supporting the matter concerned—and that intellectuals have not the will nor interest nor gumption to lower themselves to those basal depths in order to commune with glorified Ape-kin—where they will be beaten by the Ape-kin’s sheer experience.

2/2

I, Psoid Froid, am intellectually dutifully disturbed by the advent of further validating pseudo-rhetoric through memetic means to leak from the less-than-common denominator to the common denominator; the scourge ought forthrightly be eviscerated hook, line, and sinker—to drain the rot from the root of the tree of knowledge and let brilliance flourish in its verdant resplendence as the Enlightened would have it. May the flowers of keen rhetoric bloom once more.

There, go post that on your holier-than-thou hypocritical emergently-organized convention, you nobbling pseudo-cretins.

Ive exactly read this chapter already, and came to the conclusion before. youre constructing an opposition which you call 'anti-intellectualism' to yourself, in order to imply that you are an intellectual; + you wouldn't rant about the iamverysmart community if you wouldn't lowkey know, that the things you're writing belong there.

and what you did now is to post this chapter again in order to confirm to yourself that you are an unheard genius, which drives you further into the abyss of having no self worth at all and overcompensating for that by writing about "intellectual things". I mean god dam its even in your name that you are a pseud. probably do is,

don't sweat it, life's a roll

just a matter of time