The Catcher in the Rye: does Yea Forums think it is based, or cringe?

The Catcher in the Rye: does Yea Forums think it is based, or cringe?

Attached: catcher_in_the_rye_pin_grande.jpg (600x600, 39K)

All of Salinger is based. Faggots with shit taste will say otherwise, though.

TELL ME MY OPINIONS ON THIS THING. I DONT WANT TO HAVE THE WRONG OPINION.

> His father, Sol Salinger, sold kosher cheese, and was from a Jewish family of Lithuanian descent, his own father having been the rabbi for the Adath Jeshurun Congregation in Louisville, Kentucky. Salinger's mother, Marie (née Jillich), was born in Atlantic, Iowa, of German, Irish, and Scottish descent, but changed her name to Miriam and considered herself Jewish after marrying Salinger's father. Salinger did not learn that his mother was not of Jewish ancestry until just after he celebrated his bar mitzvah.

based Salinger

Based

Being Jewish is passed maternally though.

Attached: 1551237046346.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>each person has two copies (alleles) of every gene carried on an autosome: one inherited from their father and one from their mother.

It's based BECAUSE it's cringe

Attached: download.png (228x221, 6K)

Being Jewish is more than mere genetics though.

Attached: 7977977.jpg (225x225, 9K)

So I never read it, but doesn't he rape his sister or something?

Name one cringe part.

That's a "le ol' Yea Forums meme xD". It never happens.

Read for the first time when I was 13, understood it literally but not much beyond that. Re-read in highschool, I think I was 16? Absolutely hated it because I hated myself and Holden reminded me of myself intensely. I understood exactly why Holden thought and did everything, except for some specifics about Phoebe (I don't have a sister. Or a dead older brother I guess). Still, it was like reading my own thoughts, which was painful.
The sad part is I haven't matured passed Holden's juvenile mindset and I am still as directionless and angsty as a 22 year old. I would probably find it just as relatable if I read it today.

>he's completely ignorant of ethnoreligious customs and sociological classifications, yet he replies all the same

Sasuga, user-kun

Attached: 1547435174897.gif (310x466, 1.76M)

His younger brother was the one that died. His older brother moved to Hollywood.

exactly me

Attached: 2vbp3z.jpg (500x525, 77K)

>he is completely ignorant of basic genetics he should have learned in middle school, makes false accusations about what others know, and thinks social classifications make genes stop working.

>being Jewish is only about DNA
Don't be retarded.

Attached: The+Diversity+of+the+Jewish+People.jpg (960x720, 162K)

>thinks I believe being Jewish is only about DNA and that it is either only genes or no genes

You lack basic reading comprehension and the capacity for thought beyond memes.

>I- I'M NOT RETARDED! YOU ARE! I TOOK A HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY CLASS. YE-YEAH! I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A PUNNETT SQUARE IS LOL UNLIKE A TRUE INTELLECTUAL LIKE ME. JEANS BRO. IT'S ALL IN THE JEANS.

Attached: 1551242359185.png (483x505, 71K)

That's quite the strawman you have there, mate. You literally implied that here: Where did I imply what you're proposing?

My mistake

Where do I say it's all in the genes? Why does it trigger you so much just to point out someone is Jewish?

>Why does it trigger you so much just to point out someone is Jewish?
Why would point out someone is anything? You don't see anons pointing out in an evidenly ill-intended way how any writer is of whatever origin. Why only Jews?

>Where do I say it's all in the genes?

>Why only Jews?

The people who are offended by the "ill-intents" don't belong here and need to leave.

How does stating genetic influence imply exclusively genetic influence? You have extremely poor reading comprehension.

I used to think it was based when I was 15. Now, not so much.

>Grug like what Bloom like cuz Grug afraid to have own opinion
>Grug relate to holden so book Grug like

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>The people who are offended by the "ill-intents" don't belong here and need to leave.
I couldn't care less about ill-intents. But in every fucking thread some annoying cunt replies with Wikipedia tidbits or whatever about the writer's Jewish origins. Who gives a fuck? Or why?
>How does stating genetic influence imply exclusively genetic influence?
Because you facetiously ignore what makes a Jewish person a *Jewish* person: their fucking religion and culture.

fpbp

I never even mentioned Bloom, you pretentious retard.

>Who gives a fuck? Or why?
Because of their over representation in western intellectual culture, academia, and media. The purpose of their work is inseparable from their ethnic interests. Are you completely unfamiliar with these ideas? It triggers people who do not belong here and are primarily responsible for the low quality of the board.

>Because you facetiously ignore what makes a Jewish person a *Jewish* person: their fucking religion and culture.
Again you have no reading comprehension. The original quote supports what you claim I am not doing when it says
>considered herself Jewish after marrying Salinger's father

>Because of their over representation in western intellectual culture, academia, and media.
Now you care about representation? lmao can you really blame the Jews (or anyone for that matter) for wanting power or pursuing intellectual things? Now you're also anti-intellectual?
>Are you completely unfamiliar with these ideas? It triggers people who do not belong here and are primarily responsible for the low quality of the board.
Ironic, because you're doing exactly that. Bringing up Jewish origins out of nowhere when thread's topic wasn't even about this. Have some self-awareness.

It is factual background information which is possible to post in at least a third of all threads if not more. People like this poster
who are triggered do not belong here and need to leave.

>It is factual background information which is possible to post in at least a third of all threads if not more. People like this poster
Yeah, but why? It's not going to change anything posting about it. The world is a shit hole and Europe is Africa 2.0 and Niggers are all over the media like it's fucking Niggermania. America is lost, user. Nothing we can do about it. I'm kinda on your side but I realize the effort is futile. I know you hate Jews but read the last chapter of The Western Canon. What the leftist and what Bloom calls The Resentful are proposing is a thing out of nightmares. Cultural genocide. Adding niggers and garbage to the canon just because. Removing all the stuff they consider "racist" or "sexist". Reshaping the history of literature to their will and current "values". I'm scared, I really am. And it's already happening.

I didn't say you did. I merely summarizing the only two reasons Yea Forums likes Salinger.

Attached: 1551618858244.png (486x298, 295K)

didn't bloom dislike salinger, though?

>but why?
It is one of the only subjects I currently find intellectually stimulating. Maybe I will lose interest over time but the way people react to mentioning or even implying to mention Jewish influence with irrationality is strange and can be found among a much wider group of people than most any other topic.

I expected a more comprehensive response but okay. Good luck, m8. No hard feelings.

based /pol/sperg bumping the thread

same, read at 12, understood literally, reread at 15/14.
Except i didn't absolutely hate it, i did the opposite because at that age,everyone could relate to and understand why Holden thought and did everything he did.

Franny > Raise > Catcher > Nine Stories > Seymour > Zooey
That said it's all good.

Jews wouldn't consider him Jewish though.