Is this just mason bullshit or will I find something interesting

Is this just mason bullshit or will I find something interesting

Attached: 9781585422500.jpg (262x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manlyphall.info/death-of-manly-p-hall.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yea Forums is so shitty, so filled with pseuds and irreverent teenagers, that it pains me when I see great books like this on here for unworthy peasants to try to read and talk about.

>Manly P. Hall
It'd be incredibly ironic if it he were homosexual lmao

its mason bullshit but also interesting

Just read melchizidek and the mystery of fire and about pedowood and MKULTRA and call it a day

>melchizidek and the mystery of fire
not gonna lie, just looked that up and it sounds really dumb

well then you can save yourself reading anything esoteric because its just a bunch of obfuscation of that ending in eventually siphoning money out of and/or fucking people who listen to you. Unironically unless you are a retard the only thing you will learn from studying this nonsense is that satan is probably actually real

Hall was a great symboligist, synthesizer, and student of ancient works. His conclusions are obtuse and vague. As a source of information he is very valuable.

>His conclusions are obtuse and vague. As a source of information he is very valuable.
Yo what

Be sure to get the Philosophical Research Society edition

Attached: 20190217_060747-01.jpg (2406x1810, 2.23M)

is pic related from the book or is that a different book?

That's the Secret Teachings of All Ages

Attached: 20190217_133218-01.jpg (1741x2477, 1.54M)

danke schoen

Some things can't be defined concretely.
He has a bunch of lectures online too, they are a bit easier to get into if you just want a taste. I've listened to most of them and read most of his books. Another good one is Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike. It's pretty rare, but it pops up on ebay every once in a while

"Free Audiobooks for Intellectual Exercise" on youtube has a series of his lecture recordings

what version?

The Philosophical Research Society paperback

He never followed a tradition. He hides everything behind the term "philosophy" or initiate.

Did 'they' murder him for revealing too much, bros? His widow sure seemed to think so

manlyphall.info/death-of-manly-p-hall.htm

Was a strange death for sure

I like Manly, but his biggest problem is never citing sources. An in depth study of history, philosophy, and esotericism would reveal the depth of Hall's study, but again, because he never cites sources you just have to take his word for it. In many cases, doing so can be misleading, since some information is either out for debate, in conflict with her sources he relies on, or just revealed to be wrong since the time of its writing.

Still though, not bad.
He never revealed anything you couldn't find out at your local library.

masons will tell you a thousand truths to sell you one lie, good look deciphering which is which.

First, Manly was not a Mason when his books were written.
Second, Masons in general don't know everything. They have many misconceptions about history chiefly as a result of wishful thinking that leads them often to connect dots where there are none.

I'm sure you have want to believe that there's an underlying secret to Masonry that is guarded to "pull the wool over your eyes," but there really isn't. I'm sure that if and when you find things that come from Masonic literature that are false you would simply justify it as being a grand conspiratorial lie to hide the "real truth," but in fact, it's just paranoid schizophrenia at work.

i was told to never fully trust masons that are "revealing secrets" to the public since they always muddy the waters so that the "perceptive" can sift through the bullshit. they do it just as a challenge. no, i don't think they rule the world or put chemicals in the water that turn the frogs gay.

source: masons i know

Let me put it this way:
There isn't a Mason alive who has a comprehensive and absolute understanding of the history of Masonry or intent and interpretation of the people who first formed it. It is going to inevitably be a little bit different for every Mason based on their own view of history. What is contained in basic blue lodge ritual and symbolism is pretty much the core component of value, but this has also changed through the years to be a bit more secular. So much has been added to Masonry through the years too from people of different spiritual paths that to attribute any or all of it as "true Masonry" or "deeper secrets" is misguided.

When a Mason begins to try and get into a "deep history" that goes past the formation of the first Grand Lodge, it all gets so muddy with such little testimony, that the less critical they are the more critical you should be.

Now, I would say, there certainly some spiritual components that are derivative from Euclid in Egypt, to the Biblical background of Solomon's Temple, and the philosophy of Plato that has done so much to shape Western tradition, but Masons themselves are no more or less informed on any of these things than any other person can be with basic study. In fact, if you want the strictly academic view Masonic literature might have some great theories but is too surrounded in legend and myth to be of objective factual value.

It's like 200 pages long, it'll take you a day to get through it. Just fucking read the book.

Does it have pictures?

He was

The frogs and other organisms are becoming gay by chemicals and hormones in the watersupply

yes but some of the cheaper paperbacks cram together pictures and charts into a single page while others are just downright removed. The PRS editions that another user mentioned earlier are in correct order.