Shelf thread

Post an image of your bookshelf, bookshelves, bookcase, or stack of books.

Attached: shelf.jpg (2250x4000, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

glowworm.blog/collections/
warosu.org/lit/thread/S12719800#p12719979
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Marlin 336?

You may get shit for posting a rifle in your stack thread, but firearms ownership is actually quite Yea Forums.

Dostoevsky kept a Belgian Brevet copy of a Colt revolver in his apartment, Burroughs was armed at all times, carrying an HK P7 in the last years of his life, there's Hunter S. Thompson and his personal arsenal of course, and finally, most surprisingly: Emily fucking Brontë was known to be quite handy with a shotgun and was in charge of keeping her father's pistols and shotgun cleaned and loaded.

>marlin

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-183258_Photos.jpg (1010x1364, 321K)

>Loebs
>not Teubners or OCTs
Holy fuck I'm so tired of these Catholic pseuds who cloak themselves in the air of Latin and Greek but don't know the actual languages.

Saged

Patrician fpbp as usual. 1895. I didn't know half that. Would have expected Dosto to accept fate before killing a man.

>ping!.wav
jelly of your greek myths.

You're right to shit on him that's a garbage rod gun too and it looks to be in fuddy fuddy which is even worse. If it was a magnum or .45-70 maybe could be a little more forgiving
>muh wood etching

>Would have expected Dosto to accept fate before killing a man.
Yeah he never wrote about, but it was found among his possessions when he died. I could see, given his time in Siberia and his acquaintance there with hardened criminals, a certain desire to be able to defend himself from that sort, knowing what they are capable of, or at least defend his family. It may have also been kept for suicide purposes

Doubt he actually reads the original. Just got them because he read on Yea Forums that they were c00l.

>only two people on Yea Forums have bad enough opsec to post their guns
Smart boards gentlemen. You can still post shelves sans guns if you don't want the NSA to know its definitely not because the half of this board that isn't yurostarves or thirdworlders has a bunch of noguns fags r-right

Testing.

Absolutely in awe at the gnosis of this lad

>tfw nogunz

This is my study, where I conduct leisure activities such as reading, writing, or ruminating. You will notice I have cleverly arranged my furniture so that if my cat starts by getting on the chair, it can go from bookcase to bookcase to get to the window, on the far edge of this image.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2564x1440, 1.15M)

Buy a kel-tec PCC or a hi-point C9 in 9mm for $150 and call it a day user. You will be armed and can go pew pew and learn marksmanship for cheap.

>or at least defend his family.
This seems most likely to me desu. He knew very well he was a sinner and a shepherd.

Close-up of the shelf

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1448x2560, 805K)

I like the tomoko mug. I would drink from it.

well maybe someday your dreams will come true

Attached: watamote.png (727x720, 345K)

Do you think that the average person who owns a gun is plotting a future murder you psychopath? It's almost always always to
>defend their family
Even in the case of having enough palmetto arms ar-15s to arm a city block just in case at the core its defense of self.and family

Are you inviting me over, user-kun? :3

Poor quality bait. I was speaking to user, the options were: self defense or suicide tool. I said the former was more likely. I don't think our guy could have murdered anyone in cold blood, and this should be obvious to anyone who isn't a big brainlet. 9/10 made me reply.

>asuka mug
based.

Attached: bestgirl.jpg (632x480, 63K)

Three Asuka mugs, actually. I probably drink out her the most, though I don't generally use her at home. I keep an Asuka mug in my briefcase and it comes with me to work every day so I have something to drink out of.

Attached: Asuka.png (1240x1748, 929K)

One of them. Can't quite make out the title but the best read in the house is probably the journals of Lewis and clark

Attached: 15518375178211486045217821415002.jpg (3264x2448, 2.06M)

based. dunno where i heard it, but it's my understanding they traded almost everything away on their journey to the west coast. the only things they wouldn't part with was the cast iron cookware.

Why does someone owning a bunch of Loebs presume that they don't actually know latin or greek? It's objectively too far of a stretch anyway for you to be acting like such a self righteous cunt.

Much of what they had was indeed for trading. They bought dogs to eat at times when things were scarce. They brought a lot of "gifts" for the chieftains. The forward in this edition is in part Thomas Jefferson's orders to trace water routes, find natural resources, find out which native Americans would be useful and which ones require subjigation. The latter goal was probably the most important. The intelligence and resourcefulness of Lewis and Clark is certainly unparalled by any military man of today. I would recommend reading it.

Been meaning to read it for years. Thanks user, I'll bump it to the top of the list.

I've recently got into reading, so I'm looking for ideas for books and authors to read.

Ideas for books to get:
Frankenstein
Dracula
Rebecca
House on the Bordelands
Northanger Abbey
Wuthering Heights
The Phantom of the Opera
Castle of Otranto
The Mysteries of Udolpho
The King of Elfland's Daughter
The Snow Queen
Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
H P Lovecraft short stories
Algernon Blackwood short stories
Elizabeth Gaskell short stories
The Faerie Queen

Which of these books do you anons recommend?
Which publishers have cheap but good quality books?

Attached: Basilica_Saint_Denis_ambulatory.jpg (1467x2128, 1.63M)

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly for sure

Why do you have a mezuzah affixed to your shelf

Attached: 20190305_215208.jpg (4032x1960, 2.12M)

Same reason people have them on their doorways.

>Emily fucking Brontë was known to be quite handy with a shotgun and was in charge of keeping her father's pistols and shotgun cleaned and loaded.
That is the hottest thing that I have read

Based

BEEP BEEP PATRICIAN COMING THROUGH

Attached: img_3916-copy.jpg (980x1307, 506K)

Be more mad please. It shows you either a) have to rely on a crutch to read Greek or Latin or b) don't read Greek or Latin but like having it on the facing page for the fatuous aesthetic.

2/16

Attached: img_3917-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 957K)

One of my shelfs, actually cleaned it up yesterday and put these books on it so this is new. R8.

Attached: E77094A3-BEBB-4A31-AF8D-589957DC58C1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.24M)

Let me get a closer look at all those books on marxism and anarchism

Hey I have those same bookcases

3/16

Attached: img_3918-copy.jpg (1400x1867, 772K)

Have you read any of these?

Starting off. Thoughts?

Attached: 236915CF-F630-41A2-8D15-7FEAC02537DC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

Toss the translations and buy Athenaze

im currenty reading platos dialogues and am deeply enjoying The Republic. Even though I 'm still hesitant on socrates ideas of childhood censorship and outright disagree with his logic sometimes, the man has absolutely based ideals and his points come from places of good reason. good tastes my friend, greeks are a great place to begin

This is such poser art hoe shit

My favorite dialogues so far are the Meno, Apology, and the Phaedo. The Republic is a lot to digest but has such a fantastic structure and build-up to the main discourse regarding justice and the city in speech. Socrates’ radical ideas are sure crazy to consider but I don’t think he was trying to come up with a legitimate political treatise. The concept of a philosopher king is an interesting one however. And I agree that a lot of what is said are from good intentions, such as the emphasis of education of virtue to everyone. The rational part of the soul always controlling the spiritual and appetetive.

Yea Forums should read more epic poetry.
I’m only going to post this one shelf. It has epics on it.
I own some duplicates because I don’t want to do underlings in really gaudy and old books. Those are to be read for pleasure.

Attached: 30601E68-9B13-44AF-A782-C38C1121D323.jpg (3611x1306, 1.23M)

4/16

Attached: img_3919-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 1.01M)

envious of that folio phoenicians. but the boxed set of famous cities of the ancient world beside it? fuck that. I have it and want to sell it. read Babylon out of it and was so disappointed. then when I was reading the author's introduction to the Petra one, she had a glaring conversion mistake. couldn't trust her after that, especially when she's writing a book about a society that we know so little about.

5/16

Attached: img_3920-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 890K)

are you that "Rapture" guy that used to post ridiculous books stacks on this site some years ago and claimed to have actually read them all?

damn all i ever wanted was sixteen photos of bookshelves of a public library

you're probably less well read than the anime mug guy

they aren't mine. rapture is just a troll, and has been trolling for years. i've followed this shit for a while.

it's not a bookstore. the real owner is legit. i just post out of jealousy.

6/16

Attached: img_3921-copy.jpg (1400x1867, 755K)

damn bro that's comfy

you wouldn't feel nauseous sitting in a room with walls that color?

It is. I was just having tea in there. Having dedicated rooms for certain tasks is very soothing. There's no television watching in the study, but you can listen to peaceful music. There's pretty much nothing performed in my bedroom besides sleeping. All I have in there is a bed, blankets, pillows, and an end table.

Eating, reading, sleeping, are not as fulfilling if done in the same room where your computer runs 24/7.

Attached: file.png (1646x922, 1.83M)

7/16

Attached: img_3922-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 978K)

Stop posting you massive, massive faggot. No one wants to see you post the same fucking images over and over again you disgusting shitforbrains.

he dared say it

They're the most widely available editions of the original works for most people. I doubt that either you or OP know much about Greek and Latin though. At least OP is not pretending to know anything. Reading Julius Caesar with a Latin dictionary nearby does not make one a patrician.

I am disappointed in you anime face mug man.
The anime picture on the wall takes away from the mugs considerably. The mugs alone? A curiosity to be sure. Paired with other anime paraphernalia? It just seems like your average weeb. I trust, that you will take that image down, throw it away or take it to your local good will and be at peace to exhibit the vessels free of any obtrusion.

Based and Bannister pilled.

Attached: 1550778382857.png (640x478, 431K)

Attached: bookshelf posters.png (522x526, 45K)

>book stacking
Repulsive.
Oh, it' fucking YOU. Leap off a bridge etc.

This guy was being honest. Most people would pseud their way around owning these "yeah I read this" or "I started on it".
The person who wrote the post seems like a condescending pseud. "Are you studying medicine" seems like such a reddit tier comment thing to say in respect to seeing a medical book. The person who wrote the post should be clubbed directly to the skull around the brain in hopes of reducing IQ to the double digit range where he belongs.

I return, slightly messier. Last read Walden, now reading Blood Meridian.

Attached: Resized_20190306_070647.jpg (1440x2560, 947K)

Most recent serious set of purchases, been trying to force conversation of them for weeks but never any response.

Attached: 20190220_153635.jpg (5312x2988, 3.53M)

Detail

Attached: Resized_20190208_065106.jpg (1440x2560, 870K)

Based and catholicpilled.

My better shelves, probably.

Attached: 20190306_071547.jpg (5312x2988, 3.9M)

The idea that the republic is a political treatise to begin with is pretty much a meme by people who haven't read it anyway. The republic is just a framing device to talk about the nature of justice.

The guy who wrote the post is the guy who owned the books, or at least the narrator is also the owner I'm not sure I believe this story actually happened.
Quite ironic that you're banging on about IQ when you can't even follow the basic structure of a Yea Forums post

>calls himself a christian
>owns an assault weapon

Look at me, i have small cock but huge library

Attached: IMG_20190306_154429.jpg (2202x2831, 2.23M)

"Vanity of vanities" said Qoheleth

Attached: IMG_20190306_154532.jpg (2306x3002, 2.71M)

not him but yes

(close up on the holy trilogy)

Attached: IMG_20190306_154631.jpg (2107x3264, 2.54M)

8/16

Attached: img_3923-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 992K)

But I like my wall painting.

like the mugs, where'd you get them? might get some myself

that list is a decent start. the important thing is that you've started reading. you can always expand your interests.
beware the louts that scream "start with the greeks". wait a bit for that mess.

With the exception of the Misato and the Shinji mugs, all my mugs had to be custom printed. Of those, most were made with already drawn stills of the characters holding mugs, and they would be easy for one to copy and have their own mugs printed so long as you had the image you wanted.

The third kind are the ones I had commissioned personally for characters not depicted holding mugs, such as this Sasha Braus one. Those ones would be difficult for you to acquire, I suspect, since only I (and maybe the artist if he isn't dead) have the originals. Shame I don't drink out of the Sasha mug more, as you can imagine, I use the appropriate character mug for the manga or anime I am reading, but I heard that they killed her off and I refuse to read it anymore if they did that.

Attached: file.png (626x573, 416K)

The words of the wise are like goads.

9/16

Attached: img_3924-copy.jpg (980x1307, 468K)

Attached: icantseeshit.jpg (125x105, 3K)

are you a midget? that looks like baby furniture in the room.

Please, be honest and tell me what's your antilibrary:library ratio (i.e. what percentage of the book you own you have also read). Mine is probably below 1%, but it's because my mother likes to collect books, even ones noone will ever read.

Attached: raoux2.jpg (950x1273, 128K)

Attached: P_20190307_011101_1.jpg (4608x1765, 1.71M)

>painstakingly spreading posts out to bump the thread and for more responses
kys

1. these threads are full of utter crap
2. this is by far the best collection i've come across
3. he actually has good books that i like to look at, along with some great reading lists on nietzsche, wittgenstein, etc.
4. fuck you

10/16

Attached: img_3925-copy.jpg (2000x1500, 928K)

I posted here (and its follow-ups):
and I've definitely read at least a fifth of my books. Collection developed over a few years, probably some books half a decade or more ago but the core collection probably coalesced the last couple years. Lots of thriftstore type buys, and gifts or appropriations from others' unloved collections, but also a smattering of splurgy overpriced academic type books.

Dracula is based. I read it like 5 times

I read what I buy. I have a "to read stack" with 5 books in que, and my currently reading stack is 3 books. I don't buy books just because they look pretty, and I don't buy books just to impress someone.

11/16

Attached: IMG_4078 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

Didn't know Parasite Eve is a novel, adding that to my list.
Just started reading heavily again after a long time wasting my life away doing other shit. I have more books in boxes from when I was younger, but this is what I have out right now. Currently reading Sword & Citadel so it's not pictured.

Attached: 2019-03-06_08-32-28.png (499x996, 1.1M)

I know Latin and I'm learning Greek right now.

Not the grammar translation dictionary bs either

The game it's a sequel to the novel.

12/16

Attached: IMG_4079 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

Attached: IMG_20190306_181218.jpg (4160x3120, 1.85M)

/k/ here, this place sure is autistic

Check out my horticulture reference library. I have read few of these cover to cover, but they have all been consulted when I need them.

Attached: 20190306_091111-1.jpg (1949x2565, 3.16M)

how's that shakespeare? got lots of notes or whatever? I have the oxford omnibus and its not nearly so thick. it's fun to watch a film and follow the text as its being performed. you should read odyssey if you haven't. holy bible: check. good shelf user. 7.8/10

You have started well. I would look for Aristotle's Organon next, it will help you detect fallacies.

Very interesting, wish I could even begin to discuss it. Does a Navajo sociological study exist? Something like DeLanda did for the Aztecs during the conquista. Some kind of cultural primer to help get into the Navajo perspective.

I like this.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (682x472, 412K)

what are the absolute essentials in your horticulture library?

I only buy one book at a time and won't buy another until I finish it, and if it's not a book I think I'll return to I don't buy it at all I just find a copy online or get it out from the public library.

>Western Garden Book
>Entomology and Pest Management by Pedigo and Rice
>Ortho Problem Solver
>Fundamentals of Weed Science by Zimdahl
>Soil Fertility and Fertilizers by Havlin
These will get you going, and take you from beginner to damn near professional. Obviously these cover the basics, and there is a ton more once you start specializing into certain regions or crops. Landscaping and gardening books tend to be easier to read than agricultural texts.

>Does a Navajo sociological study exist?
The two non-dictionary ones both try to get to the core of Diné perspectives of the world, down to subtle and difficult to articulate cultural metaphysical assumptions. One of them immediately states that the boom represents an attempt at a Navajo epistemology.

*the book

Attached: Maricopa_saguaro.jpg (1024x826, 188K)

13/16

Attached: IMG_4080 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

14/16

Attached: IMG_4083 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

15/16

Attached: IMG_4084 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

16/16

Attached: IMG_4085 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.49M)

Holy mother of based that is one amazing shelf

fiction, A

1/5

Attached: IMG_3936 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

>flatland
Patrician.

nice Garand. not familiar with the other... Arisaka? and yeh we got more than a touch of the tism.

fiction, A

2/5

Attached: IMG_3937 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

fiction, A

3/5

Attached: IMG_3938 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

Judaizer. Repent (if you won't, you should repent for your pride as well).

fiction, A

4/5

Attached: IMG_3941 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

fiction, A

5/5

Attached: IMG_3942 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Lost at Karl Popper

fiction, B

1/10

Attached: IMG_3944 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

Good eye, it's a Type 38 Arisaka

HIGHLY recommend Alice in wonderland/looking glass and hp lovecraft.

That's a great shelf, although a bit light if you're going to go that far out of your way to have matching classics.
He looks a bit more like a Platonist/Gnostic Christian, or just someone with respect to Western canon. Please stop being a sperg and kill yourself.

fiction, B

2/10

Attached: IMG_3945 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

fiction, B

3/10

Attached: IMG_3946 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

>The man who loved children
Reported

fiction, B

4/10

Attached: IMG_3948 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

fiction, B

5/10

Attached: IMG_3950 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

Why so many versions of LotR?

got any books on photography might be time to read one

fiction, B

6/10

Attached: IMG_3951 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Hmmm. Nah. I'll even tell you why.

>Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Jesus was of the house of David, and he and the Father are one. The Ten Commandments are holy, and the New Testament stands on the Old. This is not an observance of Jewish ceremonial law, for the messiah has come in Christ. It is simply a reminder of that passage; an exhortation to love God and what he has prepared for us.

>Type 38 Arisaka
Jelly of your rifles user.

Thanks. Yeh it's a very small shelf. Planning a new shelf/workbench out of angle iron and hardwood that ought to fit a few more at least.

>Platonist/Gnostic Christian
Catholic with an interest in the origins of Christian philosophy. I mean, Christ, obviously. But aside from Scripture, which ideas did the Church adopt from the Greeks and others, how were they changed, and which ideas were dropped.

Attached: bugs.png (770x595, 234K)

fiction, B

7/10

Attached: IMG_3952 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

lol at owning a Tucker Carlson book

Attached: sSzqL6u.png (819x568, 268K)

You have a really nice collection. Also, you can just save your images to an imgur album and post that. Save yourself the time.

he doesn't know tucker is anti-capitalist

Attached: 1550873873213.jpg (445x482, 37K)

it's not my collection, but thanks. the guy who owns it already has his own website--he runs a political consulting service with the library. they are all posted there. i love perusing what he's got.

fiction, B

8/10

Attached: IMG_3953 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

fiction, B

9/10

Attached: IMG_3954 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

just link to his website, goddamn

no. every time that stupid fucking rapture dude comes in and fucks things up. rapture used to run a fake website called glowworm.blog and used to post on here, but the real guy's website has his real name and shit, and every time it's come up the thread has been shut down

besides, his reading lists contain a lot of material i dont think people on here really deserve DESU--it would be like tossing aryan assholes real tools. i just like his books.

fiction, B

10/10

Attached: IMG_3956 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

fiction, C

1/7

Attached: IMG_3957 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

These threads are much better when they aren't fludded by 10000s of pics from one dude's library. Especially when those pics have already been posted several times before.

fiction, C

2/7

Attached: IMG_3959 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

fiction, C

3/7

Attached: IMG_3961 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

based and redpilled

Jandek user, is that you?

Attached: suka.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

fiction, C

4/7

Attached: IMG_3962 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

fiction, C

5/7

Attached: IMG_3963 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

fiction, C

6/7

Attached: IMG_3964 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

fiction, C

7/7

Attached: IMG_3965 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

fiction, D

1/8

Attached: IMG_3991 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

fiction, D

2/8

Attached: IMG_3992 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

fiction, D

3/8

Attached: IMG_4005 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

I don’t really care about seeing some random fucker’s collection, even if he’s got good taste. The point of shelf threads to me is to talk to the person himself about why he’s got what he got, opinions about individual books, etc. I think you’re wasting your time by posting these

I approve this message

Attached: 1528948880005.jpg (996x682, 64K)

fiction, D

4/8

Attached: IMG_4006 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

yeah well i dont think you're ever gonna talk to this guy. people talk about patricians and shit and he's pretty much the real deal--i doubt he's even ever heard of fucking Yea Forums

pictures are the next best thing. it's a fucking shelf thread.

fiction, D

5/8

Attached: IMG_4007 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

also i'll tell you that's he's explicit about it: he uses his library to run a political consulting service. he builds reading lists for people, like "western utopian thought" and "the art of diplomacy"--some of the densest academic reading lists i've ever seen. not gonna lie, crazy jealous--every time i see one of those stupid "what's some real eldritch political knowledge?" threads i just think of this guy

fiction, D

6/8

Attached: IMG_4008 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

fiction, D

7/8

Attached: IMG_4009 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

fiction, D

8/8

Attached: IMG_4010 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

fiction, E

1/3

Attached: IMG_4013.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Go and suck the fucker off if you like him so much, but stop posting this shit because nobody cares.
You are cancer.

Happy to see that some people are shitting on you this time around, OP, you pushed your luck. They really liked your shelf the earlier time around, when you posted it in the middle of a thread.

I really like Gerald Durrell.
Well, his animal books at least.

How is his father?

post something better, then. pretty simple, no?

fiction, E

2/3

Attached: IMG_4014.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

fiction, E

3/3

Attached: IMG_4015.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

fiction, F

1/5

Attached: IMG_4018 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

You really should have made your own thread to her off to your friends great book collection, not ruin this thread about anons posting their personal book shelves. It's too bad you didn't listen to all the other people who told you this, you probably could have made a great discussion in that thread. Instead, I choose to ignore all your pictures. Thankfully your labeling system is so distinct, they are easy to avoid.

cool. couldn't care less--no body posts anything good. it's all memes, anime or alt-right crap. until you actually contribute something--anything good--then, i dunno, you just sound like an idiot.

fiction, F

2/5

Attached: IMG_4019 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

fiction, F

3/5

Attached: IMG_4020 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

>girard, eliade, gnosticism, catechism

?

>rosary attached to a rifle

?

fiction, F

4/5

Attached: IMG_4021 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

This thread is about posting your personal book collection, not your favorite book collection from your favorite blogger. I have posted in this thread, it is you who has contributed nothing.

cool. if you did post, it was a shitty collection, since there hasn't been a good collection yet posted, and you shouldn't post anymore. keep engaging me for no reason.

fiction, F

5/5

Attached: IMG_4022 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

The best thing you could do is start posting with a trip, so I could filter you.

EVERYONE ON Yea Forums MUTUALLY AGREES THAT YOU'RE A RUSTY BUCKET

I WOULD POST MY PATRICIAN BOOKSHELVES, BUT THE CONVERSATION WOULD BE INCESSANTLY INTERRUPTED BY YOUR SELF-RIGHTEOUS PUBLIC MASTURBATION EVENT

cool. im posting bookshelves in a bookshelf thread. i think you're projecting a little.

fiction, G

1/5

Attached: IMG_4024 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

fiction, G

2/5

Attached: IMG_4114 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

fiction, G

3/5

Attached: IMG_4115 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

You have been posting another man's collection for 27 hours, and no one likes it. It's time to stop, friend. Look at your life and your choices.

it's not even a great collection d e s u

glowworm.blog/collections/
This isn't even your collection, faggot.

>glowworm.blog/collections/

that's rapture's fake/troll website. he just steals pics and info from the other guy and LARPS with it.

do you see how it ends at F, and i'm now posting G? i think he's just gotten lazy; he's stopped mirroring the other website

fiction, G

4/5

Attached: IMG_4027 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

i think you're just upset that no one is talking about your collection. people are allowed to browse and comment at their leisure; thanks for sending your replies my way.

fiction, G

5/5

Attached: IMG_4028 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

fiction, H

1/5

Attached: IMG_4033 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.94M)

who is the person who you imagine is benefitting from you posting these pics?

fiction, H

2/5

Attached: IMG_4034 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

anyone who wants to see an extensive bookshelf collection, rather than the unbelievably insecure posturing (with guns in the foreground, no less) going on here:
i mean, obviously and objectively you're wrong. i'm posting a quality collection in a thread whose only other contribution has been the shitty images: again, i'm sorry no one is talking about your shitty-ass guns. maybe you should post in a different forum.

fiction, H

3/5

Attached: IMG_4035 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

fiction, H

4/5

Attached: IMG_4036 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

fiction, H

5/5

Attached: IMG_4037 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

fiction, I

1/1

Attached: IMG_4038 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

fiction, J

1/3

Attached: IMG_4039 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

Jesus Christ just kill yourself you pathetic loser. God how I hope you suffer a painful, slow and humiliating death you sack of shit. Stop posting your butt-buddies pictures OVER AND OVER AGAIN in every single shelf-thread, you flaming homo.

Suck a turd and die.

fiction, J

2/3

Attached: IMG_4040 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

>posts 2d
What a faggot.

Attached: shelf.jpg (4608x3456, 2.81M)

cool. step back, review what you just said and tell me you don't have some issues, bro.

fiction, J

3/3

Attached: IMG_4042 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.86M)

fiction, K

1/5

Attached: IMG_4043 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

fiction, K

2/5

Attached: IMG_4044 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

Not that guy but it's really really stupid to autistically post 100+ close-up photos of only "fiction". You own lots of midwit books about things that never happened, we get it, you're smart about things that never happened.

fiction, K

3/5

Attached: IMG_4047 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.1M)

Think about the portion of this thread that is composed of your own posts compared to the portion of your thread that is composed of other peoples posts. Think about how most threads don't have such a high proportion of posts from a single poster. Think about the reasons you are getting so many negative reactions, and try to stop posting any time.

he certainly hasnt read 98% of the books (only the Yea Forums approved ones ofc) and jus amasses large amounts of books to show them off on stupid jap imageboard

i'm doing it just out of spite at this point. i lurk here a lot; i come to these threads a lot.

it's just a bunch of you idiots who own absolutely nothing, desperately trying to get attention for guns or political views or some other thing than books.

i post books. actually pretty good books; i don't own many books, but this guy does, and honestly it's better than anything i've ever seen posted on here.

cry some more. actually build a collection worth posting, or find someone's worth posting and talk about it. i don't care. either way, you totally misunderstand/misrepresent the general nature and quality of these threads. they are a joke by nature, and you are a fool for thinking otherwise.

fiction, K

4/5

Attached: IMG_4048 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

fiction, K

5/5

Attached: IMG_4049 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

fiction, L

1/5

Attached: IMG_4050 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

build a collection (but dont actually read any of it because ppl will assume ur smart because u own so many books)

based retard

fiction, L

2/5

Attached: IMG_4051 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

i'm not sure if you understand the concept of a library. either way, not my collection.

fiction, L

3/5

Attached: IMG_4052 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

fiction, L

4/5

Attached: IMG_4053 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

so you're posting someone elses book collection over the course of 8 hours just to """spite""" a dead board?

you're levels of retarded not yet seen, i really do pity you.

>Judging a book by it's title
Reported

howd you like les mouches, i have it here but honestly i kinda hated huis clos so im not interested in another sartre play at all

Problem? Am I supposed to be reading on a team? The rosary is on the shelf.

Which thread was that? I never saw any responses. I posted this thread because there was no shelf thread in the catalog or the archive.

Book is huis clos + les mouches. Just read huis clos.

Attached: 1538431894807.jpg (750x1000, 65K)

>he doesn't like guns
Thanks for the bumps my man. Those are some quality shelves, but a bit too expansive for my taste. Lack of space forces me to choose only one or two books by an author. Which two would you choose out of all you've posted?

Since the thread is already a shitfest, I’m going to repost my shelf.
I love you Yea Forums

Attached: C1FD12B9-BC76-4052-8E3D-286DB4BA0011.jpg (3624x1228, 1.15M)

1/6

Attached: IMG_20190307_205724.jpg (2048x1536, 1.76M)

2/6

Attached: IMG_20190307_205801.jpg (2048x1536, 1.97M)

3/6

Attached: IMG_20190307_205944.jpg (2048x1536, 2.04M)

Attached: IMG_20190307_210015.jpg (2048x1536, 1.9M)

5/6

5/6

Attached: IMG_20190307_205910.jpg (2048x1536, 1.89M)

Attached: IMG_20190307_205820.jpg (2048x1536, 1.85M)

based

Imagine calling yourself a traditionalist and buying books from a sodomite lol

>meme trump book
oh no no no no no

based assblasted retatd

Attached: received_2035686673154023.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

it's a private library, someone posted the link a couple of weeks ago.

What do you use the ball gag for?

Attached: O face.jpg (1748x1983, 1.92M)

These come from a posturing namefag who used to call himself Rapture. Likes to talk about how well read he is, and how powerful he is politically thanks to his literacy, but he's just a spergy law student iirc.

it's a private library but the link to it-- glowworm.blog --is a fake one.

what do you do for an occupation? do you collect specific books or do you just go for it?

fiction, L

5/5

Attached: IMG_4054 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

Not him, but
that's a slingshot

we love you too user

I imagine Tolkien had a shelf very much like yours.

nice books but does he have Codreanu's For My Legionaries?

i've followed this for a while. rapture isn't even that--he just has LARPed for years on here

the real dude seems legit, and is involved in politics at a seemingly high level. he has a separate website, is fully transparent, has a much larger library, offers significant reading lists, has way more pics, etc.

rapture is a fucking troll. i have wanted to talk to the real guy forever, but i doubt he even knows about Yea Forums. i've contacted him through his website but have received just a generic response denying membership.

fiction, M

1/12

Attached: IMG_4062 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

Rightly so. These tales are truly timeless.
Bewitching. I love them.

I was joking

Attached: bookstack.png (203x201, 60K)

yes he does. along with a whole spat of evola and guenon. i'm not posting his non-fiction stuff because it's sorta like casting pearls before swine on this fucking board.

fiction, M

2/12

Attached: IMG_4063 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

imagine nuthugging a so-called "patrician" who can't even speak a second language. "oh what a great collection, look at all these translation and common books!"

>wants to impress a board he hates
>posts 115 pictures of a fiction collection
SAD!

Attached: you.jpg (635x951, 100K)

fiction, M

3/12

Attached: IMG_4064 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

Where are you buying these? Nice

Attached: b.png (7x3, 125)

Posztolhatsz többet is.

You seem to be pursuing mutually exclusive worldviews at the same time. Also you own several large volume sets for decoration.

fiction, M

4/12

Attached: IMG_4065 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

I'm not the guy you replied to, but please explain why it is a poor choice to read books with conflicting viewpoints/philosophies.

Attached: bb.png (14x14, 130)

fiction, M

5/12

Attached: IMG_4067 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

Generally speaking it's not a bad thing to do. In particular cases it can be self defeating. It all depends on where his mind is, there may be perfectly good reasons for owning and reading all those books. The need to display gun ownership and piety with the rosary along with the book selection give me a very bad feeling about this person.

Worried he might be trying to impose a poorly-researched worldview on others?

Attached: bbb.png (7x5, 125)

LMAO
ARE YOU A WOMAN? This is the type of shit girls do.
>H-hey girls just got back from VS check out all the new panties I got :))
>H-hey guys just got back from abebooks.com check out all the new books I got :)) btw here's my GUN haha i know it's unrelated to my books but look at it
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
this board is fucking PATHETIC ahahaha you'd rather talk about how the books look on your shelf next to your guns than talk about the books themselves. didn't know there were actual women browsing this board

>gun bad
beep boop bugman

>LOOK GUYS I'M TRYING REAL HARD NOW Yea Forums AND /k/ WILL STOP DOING THE THING THEY'VE DONE SINCE THEY WERE CREATED

fiction, M

6/12

Attached: IMG_4068 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

look how delusional you are, you're DEFINITELY a woman LMAO how are you posting from the kitchen ma'am? which shelf is yours so I can give you the compliments and attention you're craving so badly. is it the one with the gun? it's a really cute gun user!

I agree with these posters, but has a bit of a point. Maybe the next thread should stipulate a certain theme; "Post bookshelves that show self reliance and self-determinism."

Attached: bbbb.png (5x5, 125)

wow man you're really making a difference in this thread that's going to hit the bump limit, you've definitely stopped the perpetual shelf threads. Jesus christ was a tryhard retard

I really care about what things anonymous people online own

Thank god we have you here in this 260 post thread to tell us how to successfully post on 4channel

you are welcome

this

Attached: bbbbb.png (10x13, 129)

what's the matter? are you embarrassed by your behavior user? i asked which shelf is yours, you suddenly don't want the attention anymore? I'd LOVE to compliment your sick decorating skills. maybe afterward we can head over to /ck/ and discuss what kind of cupcakes we should bake for the next teaparty thread

Stop trying to "fit in" anonymously reddit. Nobody cares that you're triggered into the stratosphere over guns.

Make way for a real collection.

Attached: DSC_0904-685x240.jpg (685x240, 37K)

>You seem to be pursuing mutually exclusive worldviews at the same time.
Why should a Catholic be ignorant of Marcion's role in the early Church, or the gnostics, or the Platonists? Or what influence did Plotinus' ideas have on Augustine and Aquinas? Who are you, that condemns others from a photograph?

That is where my rosary usually is when not in use. In past shelf threads I have removed it for the photo, which has always been a composite. The light was nice enough for a regular photo.

My other board is /k/. I like this rifle in particular, and it's usually near the shelf anyway. Did an icicle attack you when you were a child?

Attached: anon.png (500x384, 328K)

typical of a woman to strawman random anons because they know their behavior is inexcusable lmaoooo. I own guns myself, I just don't post them on the internet for my channer boyfriends to suck me off about because I'm not an attention-craving woman such as yourself. if my opinion has so little value to you, why do you feel the need to keep responding to my obvious trolling Mr Yea Forums? I think mayhaps u just might be a lil' ol' triggered yourself hahaha

>Did an icicle attack you when you were a child
lel

Attached: bbbbbb.png (9x3, 125)

There are three options
>you're nogunz (most likely)
>you're an actual greenhorn newfag trying hard (also likely)
>you have decided after seeing dozens/hundreds of shelf threads that now is the time to act, guns are irrelevant (its obviously not this)

Attached: 1542436590401.jpg (426x572, 146K)

>My other board is /k/. I like this rifle in particular, and it's usually near the shelf anyway.
What does that have to do with Yea Forums? What does /k/ have to do with Yea Forums? What does being near the bookshelf have to do with being on it and center-focus in the photo that's supposed to be about your bookshelf? You just wanted to circlejerk with your girls because you're a faggot and don't get the attention you crave in real life lmao. Justify it any way you want, at the end of the day you know it has nothing to do with literature and you're a self-important bitch that uses Yea Forums as social media because nobody likes you in real life lmfao
>say I have guns
>insist I'm lying
>still attacking some made-up user in your head
lmao do i even need to point out how delusional this sounds? no, i don't, but i did anyways lmfao

are you ok? this is not normal I fear you might some irl insecurities that your are projecting onto this board its very obv friend. You can talk to me if you want post a burner email I have time.

Just kidding fucking retard keep posting I have yet to laugh this fucking hard in the board,some fucking cuck posting for hours a collection that is not his own and showing his insecurities like a fucking child, what is obseity? irl anxiety?anorexic? outcast? depression? you'll never get over it faggot i hope the jannies wipe your baby bitch ass out lol kys

Attached: 61447A85-9333-479B-8206-6A0C31B341C7.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>t. nogunz

Attached: 1545951444468.jpg (698x562, 88K)

Attached: lmao.gif (800x430, 564K)

guns are just another accessory after all. thanks, gun lobby, for telling me how to fit in with my fellow redpilled white friends in an online forum!

everyone knows us girls all come to Yea Forums just to accessorize anyways :) hence this thread and our accessories

fiction, M

7/12

Attached: IMG_4069 - Copy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Hey anons, here. Some Yea Forumsfag came into my thread and told me to post here. This is my first time on this board. Are you guys always this bad? This is garbage.

Attached: wtf is this shit.jpg (574x698, 66K)

yes we are all compensating for our lack of social interaction and our fat fleshy bodies. you will fit right in here :)

We can do a lot worse. The spammer is actually posting books and the assblasted reverse psychology tranny didnt show up until the thread is almost done

Nice, I'm posting at work because I can't do anything productive while it's raining.

Attached: my life.jpg (624x395, 84K)

read a book?

Attached: 1551442625452.jpg (690x499, 112K)

90% of the books have yet to even be opened lol shitty collection from shitty cuck. this thread was good for a good 10 post I had hope for a minute then the sperg with no friends posting some collection no one gives a fuck about for more than 24 plus hours jesus get a life buddy.

No bro you don't get it, he read all of them and has this insane eldritch political knowledge. You would be so lucky. I can't even get an invite to his blog :(

Attached: w.png (9x7, 183)

>he doesn't keep guns in a gun cabinet in his library.

you are swine and probably a faggot too.

Hát most már nem fogok mert Petike telenyomta a fonalat Máté könyvespolcával két szopás között.
Most már igazából mindegy. Majd legközelebb.
(Elképesztően elfajult ez a fonál)

>quads get
warosu.org/lit/thread/S12719800#p12719979

So "wat nou" as the Afrikaner say?
The image limit has been reached, and we can't really make a new thread either because this one is still up.

Are you the user who bought a thousand dollars of books on craigslist?

based

I dont have any particular issue with guns, though I wish people would stop pointing them at people and pulling the trigger. Surely there's nothing wrong with hunting or target shooting, or being enthusiastic about the guns used therein.

I do think it is evil to glorify weapons, to fantasize using them on humans, or to be obsessed with violence. So gun owners should always be mindful of not indulging the symbolism of power/violence they represent.

I never said Catholics (or anyone) ought to be ignorant of early church history or gnosticism. I just dont understand why a person would be reading the Catechism alongside some of the books you have. Are you searching for answers to questions by looking at alternate views? Are you trying to study secular explanations of church history in order to refute them?

I cannot help think, precisely because I've been tempted along the same lines, that the entire point of your photo is to show others how interesting you think you are.

kys retard

>gun owners should always be mindful of not indulging the symbolism of power/violence they represent.
Are you finished or are you done?

>I just dont understand
This is evident. I'm surprised you haven't suffocated from having your head so far up your own ass. All of your posts have been condescending, handing out judgments based on your presuming to know the minds of others better than they know themselves.

Take a break from knowing everything for a second. Do some reading about the titles presented. Put it together instead of cosseting your own erudition. Or better yet take me at my word. I've answered your question once before, why are you asking again? And if your question was sincere, would you have thrown that jab about vanity? Or do you just not know how to talk to people without bullying them? Maximum insecure mode, dude.

A better line of response would have been "you are a tripfag. How can you accuse me of posting a picture to show others how interesting I am, when you use a trip for precisely the same reason?" to which I have no good reply.

Not on shelf, but just today I happened upon a first edition of Brideshead Revisited (American printing though) that they were selling for 8 bucks. Shit's worth hundreds.
I also got a first American edition of Three Men on A Boat for 30 bucks, when it's worth about twice to three times as much.

kys retard

I feel very strange about the posts I've made in this thread. I am going to try and resolve some confusion if you will assist me.

Insecurity certainly factored into my responses. Someone who has read your books probably knows a great deal more than me on certain subjects, especially the area of religious philosophy, where I have many questions and little knowledge.

The question I asked before was serious, what has been your line of inquiry and, more importantly, how do you balance such reading with faith?

I like you, I think that you are authentic; I hope that you get a response

>what has been your line of inquiry
I don't know everything. I don't even think I have a coherent line of inquiry yet, and people much smarter than me have spent their entire lives studying less material than what is in the OP. I am not out to prove or refute anything, and have no quarrel with the magesterium or traditions of the Church. My faith is sincere and steady.

>and, more importantly, how do you balance such reading with faith?
Jesus was a real person, who sent away real apostles, most of whom really were martyred rather than deny his message. It's absolutely bananas this happened. The ideas of an immortal soul, a first principle as creator, and of the individual soul reuniting with it have existed before Christ. I'm interested in knowing exactly how guys like Paul and Philo and the authors of the New Testament and thelogians in later centuries adapted these ideas. This is not an accusation. The NT is not a brilliant retcon, or a system to be gamed. It is the divine revealing itself to man.

I agree with everything here and find myself in a similar position of trying to apprehend the NT.

In all honesty it does not read like anything particularly revealed. It is impossible not to be distracted by the controversies obviously undergirding much of the narrative. Did Peter really have a vision where a canvas of 4 legged animals came down from the sky and a voice told him it was okay to eat hot dogs with the centurion Cornelius? Going back to the OT, did God really make a covenant of circumcision with Abraham?

Here I tempted to look at anthropology and psychoanalysis, to learn about dietary taboos and the symbolism of circumcision. In doing so I find myself re-entering the world of the post enlightenment. Nothing is really meaningful. Everything is some sort of psychological phenomenon. There are sinister and hidden forces giving rise to what I perceive unfolding in the Eucharist.

I find it absolutely maddening to oscillate between naive readings of religious phenomena and the theoretical interpdetations offered since the 18th century.

I suppose nobody has solved this riddle for good. But it strikes me as impossible to pray the Hail Mary while echoes of Freud darken the great intercessions with ironical fingers sorting out a theory of cosmic motherhood.

It seems absolutely impossible to me that someone could entertain Durkheim and Freud, shrug their shoulders and carry on with the strange business of "believing."

>guns on Yea Forums

can you faggot american retards fuck off and stop inserting your guns into everything including your arseholes

inb4 noguns i actually have some but they're not a part of my personality that i have to obnoxiously put them in front of everything fucking twats

>wahhh wahhh wahhh
>i-inb4
>t. nogunz
hilarious how much this triggers you faggots

>needing a dictionary for Caesar
Peasant

Less abrasively - Loebs by themselves usually signal you can't read the original very well because anyone at the level of study to do so ends up getting a commentary instead (since you inevitably need one, no matter your proficiency). This can be one of the cambridge green and yellows text+reading commentary or a full commentary proper. Either way you need the notes and apparatus criticus the Loebs don't offer.

Don't you have some underground forum to discover?

Already found it. pm me for link.

I'm a practicing gynaecologist and vaginal philosopher and sky diving instructer

Why is my book on the Peloponnesian war so thin?