Take the blackpill

take the blackpill

Attached: mosaice6f1e0e233e6397d3e7d7dd4e328856b2a1abcb7.jpg (920x920, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tuf59ex-U0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who is bottom right and top middle

Dostoyevsky and Lev Tolstoi. They were great friends.

Bottom right is Debord and top middle is Whitehead
But who is middle right and bottom central ?

when i type 'take the blackpill' into google this is the first result

youtube.com/watch?v=5tuf59ex-U0

Missing Ellul though. The parallels inbetween the concept of a Culture Industry and the Spectacle with Ellul's Technique are stark and very powerful (specially but not only, when applied to his analysis of propaganda, that to me is pretty much "How to watch television" on steroids).

thanks. walter benjamin, mcluhan

Why? Marx's children starved to death. Died squealing, like pigs. That's the biggest whitepill ever.

Imagine being such a bad father that your kids either died like pigs in infancy, or slit their own wrists as adults? It's beautiful. A good little death, for a good little leftist.

Like a pig.

What will happen to take a blackpill?

Did you mean the bogpill

Attached: unknown.png (256x204, 106K)

There is some self contained meme-nexus that pushes out stuff about philosophy of technology every so often.

>take the blackpill
>Nietzsche

Charles Fourier is an early blackpiller disguised as a whitepiller

which one do i start with

someone tell him, boys

START

WITH

WHITEHEAD

v nice
also a v bad idea

Nietzsche is no black pill man. Putting him near Adorno is quite funny tbqh.

trannies

deleuze

Honestly why does lit do this. As if everyone is supposed to recognize every author by face.

all nine of these figurinos have been meme'd *hard* the past several weeks/months/years/decades
if you don't recognize most or all of them then you aren't paying attention

they are all Yea Forums memes newfag

Bump

Cringe

It's part of the Yea Forums initiation to learn every meme author by their picture/painting.

livin in fuckin LA LA LAND

THIS
*unzips*

Bump

GENETICALLY
INFERIOR
MALE

interesting, tell me more

how is whitehead blackpill?

he BTFO the bifurcation of nature and scientific materialism/bugmen

Read him and find out ;)

where do I start with baudrilllard, benjamin, and mcluhan?

Can we please get more attention for this thread instead of regressive Evola memery?

if you remove the moral content and its christian aesthetic from his concept of god then what you're left with is a vicious and arbitrary hedonic monster

God is waking up

his concept of god doesnt have a christian aesthetic

One does not simply read their way into the bogpill

The moment you understand Hegel was simply disguised jewish mysticism due to the influence of the rosacrucian tradition is the moment you understand philosophy has been largely stagnant since the greeks.

Attached: 1551499741124.jpg (334x500, 63K)

judging by this chart, you should follow the blackpill by starting HRT and necking yourself

Where do I start with Deleuze?Do i need to read someone else to understand him better?

not in its most abstract rendering in process and reality, but if you read adventure of ideas he's pretty explicit about it. his god would not be recognizable to a workaday believer, but there's a doctrine of grace, an interest in the figure of christ--indeed, the whole moral force of the universe propels us towards order and an expressly christian vision of beauty

'The progress of humanity can be defined as the process of transforming society so as to make the original Christian ideals increasingly practicable for its individual members.'
'A gracious, simple mode of life, combined with a fortunate ignorance, endowed mankind with its most precious instrument of progress--the impracticable ethics of Christianity.
A standard had now been created, expressed in concrete illustrations foolproof against perversions. This standard is a gauge by which to test the defects of human society. So long as the Galilean images are but the dreams of an unrealized world, so long they must spread the infection of an uneasy spirit.'

Bump

More like Gay The Bored, amirite?

because this board used to be frequented by people who were well educated or read extensively and had an interest in literary and philosophical culture, academic and otherwise. Now it is a blog for midwits and a place to dump poorly thought out screeds that would be buried on higher traffic boards.

>this board used to be frequented by people who were well educated or read extensively and had an interest in literary and philosophical culture, academic and otherwise
No, false as fuck. This board was never good, because nothing can be good on Yea Forums. Yea Forums has been cancer since its first day of existence. Also, every person I met on Yea Forums was just dumb as hell.

What is a black pill, anyway?

who gives a fuck about a few children when you’re trying to save the world nigga

t. newfag

Bump

>Benjamin
>Deleuze
>Marx
>Bolano
>Nietzsche
>Black pill
OP confirmed for the worst reader of all time. Literally all of their philosophies are about articulating and constructing means toward human liberation and happiness.

Attached: Voltaire2.jpg (303x360, 19K)

>bolano

Attached: 1519459276186.jpg (609x720, 69K)

Oh fuck that's debord huh

Philosophical justification of depression.

My penis is my blackpill, all their literature is just cope.

Eggman is so cool.

Nietzsche is literally the white pill

Bottom right is one of the Doctors from Dr. Who.

why would depression require justification? it's a mood disorder

That sure is a list of thinly related authors that I enjoy, who's the lad between Debrd and Baudrillard?

marshal mcluhan

Oh, I've only seen his picture as an older man.
Also probably the weakest of the bunch, maybe after Baudri

his theories are the least abstract, i think
not as impressive without the shimmering of pure concepts, but i don't think he's weaker for hewing close to the grain

B is the most based of the bunch what you saying

i took this pill and i hate society now

i want more from this thread.
mostly i want explanations.

>a bunch of leftist dribble

no thanks

I can tell you about Debord, Adorno, and Benjamin, but that's it.

blackpill me on them

lol do you really think deleuze (idk about whitehead) are actually edgy nihilists?

>Adorno
Hardcore dialectician and structuralist, worked with Horkheimer to examine the material basis of pop culture and fascism in Dialectic of Englightenment, seeing the latter as an end inherent in enlightenment ideology, the former as a means to turn all culture into capitalist commodities

>Benjamin
Probably the least understood Marxist ever. Wanted to reconstruct Marxist historiography away from historicism and the myth of progress towards an (unfinished) mode of analysis combining Baudelaire, Proust, Blanqui, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Kant, Marx, Surrealism, Psychoanalysis and Jewish mysticism. Yeah. It's actually not insane if you read it.

He and Adorno got in a big fight over whether the media can raise class consciousness. Benjamin legitimately thought Charlie Chaplin films were more revolutionary than those of Eisenstein. Adorno thought you could beat commodity Fetishism by essentially making hard Avant garde iconoclastic art that avoided/subverted the culture industry, while Benjamin wanted to go "through" the commodity, which he saw as concealing and rerouting utopian visions contained within them.

>Debord
Follower of Adorno. Saw the world as now entirely commodified which only appears to us as abstracted images. That life itself is now only the autonomous complex of the representation of life, which (like the classical def of a commodity) is devoid of any reference to actual lived life. Like Adorno thought commodities could be subverted (note: this fails).

>Probably the least understood Marxist ever
* plus most important for contemporary radical left, but nobody reads him (for his history theory) anymore

but Nietzsche is the epitomy of bluepill

he was trying to improve the conditions which enabled mass starvation during a time where they very well had the resources to feed everyone

Attached: bad bois.jpg (521x597, 105K)

who is the top right and middle left?

>tfw butt puff in a similar manner
A-Am I gonna make it?

MAJOR OOF

bump

say more

I don't know what you're talking about mate, Benjamin is read in pretty much every humanities course, but only his smaller texts, since if you wanted to understand something out of Baroque Drama or the Arcades Project you'll probably need to do a whole major dedicated to understanding every nuance of Benji's autism.

Is he blackpill?

Attached: Arthur-Schopenhauer.jpg (674x506, 79K)

>benjamin
Go about this order vaguely, generally progresses in term of difficulty / assumption of knowledge (you've read Capital vol 1 and know a thing or two about dialectics right?):
"A Little History of Photography"
"The Work of Art in the Age of its Technological Reproducibility"
"Chaplin" / "Chaplin in Retrospect"
"The Storyteller"
"The Image of Proust"
"The Paris of the Second Empire in Baudelaire"
"Exchange with Theodor W. Adorno on “The Paris of the Second Empire in Baudelaire”
"Unpacking My Library"
"Eduard Fuchs: Collector and Historian"
From "Arcades Project" - Convolute H - "The Collector", & Convolute I - "The Interior, The Trace"
"On Some Motifs in Baudelaire"
From "Arcades Project" - Convolute D - "Boredom, Eternal Return"
"Central Park"
"Theses on the Philosophy of History"

>I don't know what you're talking about mate, Benjamin is read in pretty much every humanities course
Yeah, but he's largely misunderstood (at least from my experience). Like most students think Aura is a *good* thing and is equivalent to just nostalgia.
>you'll probably need to do a whole major dedicated to understanding every nuance of Benji's autism
I'm doin my thesis on him, and this is absolutely true. Even now, although I feel like I have a damn good grasp on what he's doing / was trying to do, I'm still missing out on a ton of nuance because I'm not super comfortable with Kant, and my lack of experience with Goethe. But, frankly, if you're a contemporary leftist and you're not spending a lot your theory time trying to read Benji you're doing yourself and the world a huge disservice.

Attached: paul-klee-angelus-novus.jpg (1303x1600, 352K)

Addendum:

If you're not comfortable with Marx's theories of commodity fetishsim and alienation (like read 1844 manuscripts bro) you could also just read Lukacs' "History and Class Consciousness", which is also p useful for Benjamin because he was a huge fan. That and the influence of Brecht is probably what brought him deep into Marxism at all.

>WTF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED
>THAT'S NOT BLACKPILL

Attached: 1541801713280.jpg (500x500, 11K)

If you're 'blackpilled' then you're also arguing that you're perfectly content with your fatalism and the world as it is. Hopefully you can grow past that, and realize that you can change the world, since you can change yourself.

I try to always re-read his essays and take an efort on Baroque Drama every once in a while, and honestly, while I can see myself immersing myself more and more into his concepts, whenever I feel like I feel like I'm grasping something like the Thesis on History or The Work of Art in the Age of it's Technical Reproductibility I always read something else or get fixated on a sentence and realize I still have no idea what his project was, but I'm still fascinated.
Another author I have a similar relationship with is Warburg. They're both far more erudite than I'll ever be and coming from very different backgrounds, but still, but just trying to decipher their texts feels a lot more enlightening than reading other authors.
Also, the Angel of History parable is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever read and is the one text besides Flex Mentallo that can bring me to tears just by thinking about it.

Also I should add that I'm not without faults, I came to Benjamin through Debord so I feel like a lot of what I take from his texts is just me reading debordian shit into what he's saying.
Doesn't help that I took a course on Debord with a professor soon after who pretty much made a part of his career to try and show that they indeed are similar.

>take an efort on Baroque Drama
Ah yeah. My advisor explicitly forbade me from reading that because it'd fuck me up too much at this point. I've tried reading parts of it, and my god is it dense.
> I always read something else or get fixated on a sentence and realize I still have no idea what his project was, but I'm still fascinated.
Yeah I know what you mean. It's funny because there's legitimately a lot of Benjamin scholarship about this exact feeling and what it might mean.
>Another author I have a similar relationship with is Warburg. They're both far more erudite than I'll ever be and coming from very different backgrounds, but still, but just trying to decipher their texts feels a lot more enlightening than reading other authors.
I still haven't read any of his, I'll have to now! But yeah, there's something so haunting about Benjamin. I'll find his ideas and phrases just creeping up on me, like a ghost.

>I came to Benjamin through Debord so I feel like a lot of what I take from his texts is just me reading debordian shit into what he's saying.
Ah yeah. Be careful with that. I think Debord falls a lot more under Adorno than Benjamin. Like, if I were to crudely explain it, Debord and Adorno want to break the spectacle whereas Benjamin think it has something to tell us, and could be used for good.

Attached: baud.png (500x1000, 364K)

Really don't think Nietzsche belongs here. Nor Marx.
The acceptance of despair.

>My advisor explicitly forbade me from reading that because it'd fuck me up too much at this point.
mate are you by any chance a brazilian or studying under a brazilian, because I had a professor tell me her advisor said the same, that if she ever wanted to keep using Benjamin on her work (which afaik is a small influence but she teaches aesthetics and it's very hard to escape that crowd in modern aesthetics) she should avoid that book because either she would end up crazy or she would end up thinking Benjamin must have been crazy.

the stage after that is Nick Land

damn that might be a good addition but I am not familiar with his writings.

it would be something like "dude what if our teleologic directive as a species is to be less real than capital lmao" or whatever I won't pretend I'm paying any attention to the man

>'...we shall find that always there are imperfect occasions better than occasions which realize some type of perfection. There are in fact higher and lower perfections, and an imperfection aiming at a higher type stands above lower perfections. The most material and the most sensuous enjiyments are yet types of Beauty. Progress is founded upon the experience of discordant feelings. The social value of liberty lies in its production of discords. There are perfections beyond perfections. All realization is finite, and there is no perfection which is the infinitude of all perfections. Perfections of diverse types are among themselves discordant. Thus the contribution to Beauty which can be supplied by Discord--in itself destructive and evil--is the positive feeling of a quick shift of aim from the tameness of outworn perfection to some other ideal with its freshness still upon it. Thus the value of Discord is a tribute to the merits of Imperfection.
post yfw you realized whitehead anticipated the current discord tranny psy-op, and understood it as the impetus for Yea Forums's attainment of a greater perfection.

Attached: tumblr_mht95eIQnR1r6qdjdo1_1280.jpg (640x408, 110K)

Real blackpill: Spengler, Kaczynski, Baudrillard, Clement Rosset (secretly whitepilled)

lol no I'm american. Another benjamin scholar at my university said the same thing, saying his Tragic Drama history is even more complicated than the Arcades Project. I'm hoping to spend some time with it after I graduate.

is benjamin blackpilled?

Depends what you mean by Blackpilled.
Is he depressing? Yes. Is he a nihilist? Emphatic no.

how is he depressing

>blackpill thread
>no Lovecraft
I am disappoint.

Attached: 20171226212810_1.jpg (800x450, 90K)

He views western society as having lost the capacity to understand "long experience," which is the basic ability to view life a single, continuous, and whole phenomenon that can be passed down in memory/story from generation to generation. Or, in his formulation, "More and more often there is embarrassment all around when the wish to hear a story is expressed.It is as if something that seemed inalienable to us,the securest among our possessions,were taken from us:the ability to exchange experiences." Instead, western society has entered a sort of "shock reality" in which our lives appear to us as small and incomprehensible pieces of shocks: in other words, a progression from "storytelling" to "information."

In tandem, this has created/reinforced the "phantasmagoria" of images. Adorno will turn this into his theory of the Culture Industry. For Benjamin, however, the world has been turned into a collection of commodities, whose appearance simultaneously remind and forbid us from engaging in an authentic life. This is most explicit in the Arcades of Paris, but is also seen in modern interior design (increasingly just an amassing of commodities whose constellation of images create, but also lock us away from, would-be utopias.) It can also be seen in the rise of the detective novel, whose investigations revolve around constructing an image of a person from the materialistic traces they leave behind: that is, humanity and human experience has been reduced to assortments of commodities.

Most strikingly, and this is where he breaks with Marx, he views historiography has having aided the Nazis gain power under the myth of progress. We're left in oscillation between a myth of progress and a Nietzschian concept of "eternal return": together, we view all history as the continual repetition of the same events, only more novel in each recurrence, with us all helpless to stop it from happening again. You can still see this today in the most basic "muh human nature" arguments: life has always been this way and will continue to always be this way. Benjamin thinks it's this exact sort of thinking that is preventing us from changing anything about our world, and thereby dooms us to unfulfilled and fragmentary lives wherein even our own memories of ourselves come to shock us, as though they only occurred to us for the very first time. In short, Benjamin thinks modern capitalism has rendered the human individual unrecognizable to itself and the world around him, and who only seem to relate to himself via the mediation of commodities, which do not reveal so much as they give only the haunting hint of escape.

There's a lot more depressing about him, but this I think is the core.

hump dump slump