Graduating from Yea Forums

I feel like it's time for me to move on from the plebeians, idiots and poltards that cohabitate this board. Where do the Yea Forums alumni hang out for actual intelligent discussion once they grow weary of this board? Is there a discord of some sort?

Attached: images (1).jpg (190x265, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

snctm.com
mobile.twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/730968008227688448
youtube.com/watch?v=9Fr6zrJECN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>His maternal grandparents, Ben and Florence Stone, were Lithuanian Jews who arrived in the United States in 1902

>Where do the Yea Forums alumni hang out

They get jobs and friends IRL.

we love to hang out on reddit, fucking idiot

Attached: canva-photo-editor.png (1039x486, 149K)

They move back into their parent's basement, buy a book of puns and another book of mathematical riddles, and set about synthesizing the two in a short story collection.

Oh my, I do love reddit... but r/books seems so immature...

Why the fuck are you in every thread pointing out if an author is of Jewish descendancy ?

>of Jewish descendancy
stop trying so hard you insurmountable faggot

me no like joo

me superier arian

>liking everyone for no reason at all
>acting like this regularly
lmao retard

Not discords, but there are some places, but I don’t want to get my knees broken so I can’t say more.

Goodreads

bro.....

>Roastiereads

Based Judendetector.

Attached: 1504376987224.jpg (1080x1440, 314K)

He's just being a nigger. There is nowhere else except dead named forums

say it then delete your post 5 minutes later bitch

Why ask us, we don't know where the cool guys are hiding. We're idiots, remember.

This is a pseud thing to say but it is basically like that movie Good Will Hunting where the main character gets asked if he has any soulmates, and he just lists off a bunch of dead authors and philosophers.

All you can rely on are your books for that kind of community.

Several of us have taken this burden upon us. I am glad to see I have inspired some stalwart disciples of logos.

you are the best thing to happen to this shit board in a long time.

>implying they conform to the outdated forum or Chan formats

Attached: D2DDBF73-C4C9-48A2-84B4-5A27604A5F0F.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

Thank you

No

Attached: 2D3F0190-5BA8-4180-B48A-D2BE76354C2B.jpg (800x800, 55K)

Nietzsche was my dad. Feelsbadman

nobody is buying is and you're never leaving faggot stop trying. There are no kept secrets on the internet and the only Yea Forums channel on rizon and shit and dead and any other server is pointless. There is no secret app for people who are really into romantic poetry and analytic philosophy, kik/discord/etc are for kids and pedophiles and the CIA. Just stop.

>tfw there are probably countless modern day Vienna Circle type communities on the deep web that you will never be a part of because you don't know the right person.

Imagine believing this despite knowing what the derp web is and the state of literature. Its not like we're being hunted down and shot retard, no one cares.

Yeah but there’s something to be said for being secretive and esoteric postironically for its own sake

>There must be secret groups out there dissecting shakespeare guyz I thought about it it exists!
Nigger are you kidding here's a pseudo-satanic sex cult website why don't you try and join snctm.com
>SNCTM? Damn near killed 'im!
>t. Stephen Colbert
mobile.twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/730968008227688448

Attached: unnamed-58.jpg (1242x1213, 137K)

Reddit.

eat shit and die. reddit is for you, unironically.

we need a cleansing

There are plenty of obscure BBS book bulletin boards free of libshit and stormfag degeneracy.

Bob Dylan aka (((Robert Zimmerman)))

eww

pretty hot desu, always when i see things like this i wonder why even bother with normal sex.

Shameless samefagging.

I like Bob.

because peons like you can't afford memberships to groups like snctm

the rich truly live in another world. they don't even consider you the same species

Jews are a subversive parasitic other on society.

>start with greek

How old are you? You are very young or quite stupid. Just imagine what you said there. Intellectuals congregating secretly online to debate dialectics and subversion, on the dark Web

>like-minded people never assemble to share ideas and coordinate actions

Keep up the good work guys! They will never find us!

You're looking at it pal

Attached: 1550549360167.jpg (1104x1600, 353K)

He converted to Christianity and wrote 3 albums about it

Attached: Bob_Dylan_-_Slow_Train_Coming.jpg (300x300, 36K)

>I made a deal with the devil to tour for the rest of my life
>77 years old
>still touring

Wowzers Robert Zimmerman is a Jew??????

>Yea Forums alumni
hahahahahahaah
Wait, let me finish laughing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>But their top book list is gold

Attached: 1500193303974.png (641x530, 319K)

Like a fucking tree house gang or what?

oh noes its the jews cringe and bluepilled!

Thanks for the book idea user. I'll be sure to credit you.

This except completely unironically

>he has never heard of the Lautaro Lodge and other Latin American Independence associated Freemason lodges
>he has never heard of the Carbonari
>he has never heard of Young Italy
>he has never heard of the Young Hegelians
>he brushed aside the mentioning of the Vienna Circle

>Is there a discord of some sort?
There is a tranny discord that you should certainly fuck off back too

Unironically, thank you for your sevice

>he forgot the Cambridge Apostles

>they met online on user shitposting boards

Just send him the secret password to our IRC and teamspeak servers and induct him

>where do Yea Forums alumni hang out

hell, mostly

post a link to the literature irc

most dumbos here are too ADHD to handle anything less immediately rewarding than Discord and if they do really manage to actually connect, will just lose interest in 10 minutes when they realize theres no history, embedded GIFs, voice chat or custom emojis

Attached: jerkcity6378.gif (575x574, 226K)

Yea Forums is endgame friend, final boss is IRL

>Vienna Circle
>dialectics and subversion

still the only real answer

which one?

If you are here you went the opposite way. Pleb

>At Masquerade & Dîner all gentlemen are required to wear a proper tuxedo with bowtie. >Ladies shall be elegantly dressed in evening wear or lingerie. We have a coat & dress >check.

Why must all secret societies be so predictably snobbish and unimaginative in their idea of good taste ? There is legit more creative exploration in a random rave party where people are trying funny hair colors than in a sex cult where you're only allowed to LARP as a victorian gentleman.

Still I'll remember the site.

>he doesn't know the internet is part of real life
based boomer

Wow, throwback image right there. What ended up happening to Rage? Has she surfaced anywhere since purging her channel?

no, but they met in the shitposting board equivalents of their time. if you weren't a self-hating doomer brainlet, you'd realize that anything's possible with a little bit of inspiration and a lot of perspiration.

Attached: younghegelians.jpg (1317x1052, 301K)

>The lit alumni of their time, truly.

the vast majority of people there were shitposters and pseuds, just like here. the few people with good and far-out ideas were the ones that emerged out of that crucible to become the "Young Hegelians" that we remember. even here, there are amazing posts that stand out from the sea of sewage.

you're mostly limited by your perspective (and to some extent your IQ). if you wanted to become the next Carbonari society or the next Young Hegelians, there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

My IQ is probably higher than yours, now that you've brought up that unfortunate topic. If you fail to understand the significant difference between meeting academics and notables IRL, and a fast moving user shitposting board then all I can do is congratulate you on your youthful idealism. Good luck creating the next Vienna Circle here on Yea Forums. Really.

Bullshit

I never cared for their selection but it should work just fine if you want another place to discuss books. Remember the only reason Yea Forums used to dislike Reddit is because they always used to steal memes from Yea Forums. The current wave of Reddit hate is just election fags many of whom are from r/the_donald who are trying too hard to fit in and tried (successfully) to drag this site into their stupid culture war. Literature would really have nothing to do with the reasons Reddit sucks so it should be fine if you don't have a stick up your ass.

>My IQ is probably higher than yours, now that you've brought up that unfortunate topic.
I did not intend any insult, nor did I intend to estimate your IQ. I meant "your" in the general sense, and yet you've taken it to mean it as an insult. Maybe your IQ is high enough to be able to fully realize such an endeavor. If it was sub-130, maybe you'd be partially limited, but still capable of bringing about significant change.

>If you fail to understand the significant difference between meeting academics and notables IRL, and a fast moving user shitposting board then all I can do is congratulate you on your youthful idealism. Good luck creating the next Vienna Circle here on Yea Forums. Really.
You're missing the point. And trust me, I am no stranger to cyncism, and I understand fully the odds of forming such a group by sampling the population of Yea Forums is low. But I also know that, if you were to take the best of the best from here, congregate them together, and inject some motivation, that we could see something very interesting emerge from the exchange of ideas. For fuck's sake, none of the Young Hegelians of the 1830s and 1840s were notables until long after they stopped meeting together in pubs across Berlin to introduce and refine their ideas. If you wanted to do it, and if there were significant enough content brought to the table by those involved, then it could be done. Although I wouldn't use Yea Forums, the medium itself is not the most important challenge.

Like I said before, you're only limited by your perspective, and possibly your IQ to some extent. But perspective is the most important obstacle. If you don't think there are small clubs of people meeting on the internet, perhaps not on the "deep web" but certainly in relatively inaccessible and hidden chatrooms, then you're simply unimaginative and inexperienced yourself. Hell, every month there's new bookclubs forming on Yea Forums that eventually move off the site, if you pay attention to that sort of thing. If you want to blackpill yourself on all matters, then be my guest. You're only hurting yourself out of spite by denying reality.

I thought it had to do with the fact that reddit uses mob rule whereas this site only uses (You)s on the shit fora.

There is really no difference if you look at the result of how things work here. Instead of the most bland and non-controversial platitudes making it to the front page or whatever, we have controversial statements that come from people who have probably never read or written in their lives that get the most (You)s. If people could restrain themselves from taking bait or arguing with certified idiots just to make themselves feel smart, maybe we would be different from Reddit. Certainty, at the moment at least, the only difference is we think we are edgier and more obscure and jack each other off because of it.

OK I took insult where none was intended. My bad. As to side projects, I've been involved in a few. You know how they end. We couldn't even write a short pamphlet mocking all of Betersons 12 meanings. It would take some sustained managerial effort to get something serious going on. This board is finnicky, desipite some really insightful threads and recurrent topics. It doesn't really have its own working memory to store the valuable nuggets. Google docs are also regularly sabotaged.

>As to side projects, I've been involved in a few. You know how they end. We couldn't even write a short pamphlet mocking all of Betersons 12 meanings. It would take some sustained managerial effort to get something serious going on. This board is finnicky, desipite some really insightful threads and recurrent topics. It doesn't really have its own working memory to store the valuable nuggets. Google docs are also regularly sabotaged.
You're absolutely right. But that can all be patched over with even the simplest of manual actions. There's an user who admitted to saving the most valuable posts and regurgitating them IRL to get praise from his professors, lol. Backups can be formed for Google docs, and the entire platform itself can be bypassed for something like Quip or even Discord.

You know what would be an amazing development? A certain protocol or strategy for organizing online communities for the purposes of discourse or output. Decentralized, but secure (as secure as one can be, tech-wise... human errors cannot be eliminated). Give people the tools and let the will manifest itself. If nothing else, at least it would be entertaining what a bunch of motivated and savvy misfits would come up with.

like that time I used the Witcher 3 to tell my professor about evil :)

As an undergrad I gave a presentation about why Mr. House is best for the future of New Vegas. What I would give to go back in time and stop myself.

or when Europa Universalis and Age of Empires inspired me to read so much history that, by the time I entered high school, I was capable of getting 5s on every AP history test or 800s on every SAT II history test without prior preparation. I count my blessings every time that I was exposed to this stuff, because otherwise I would be much worse off as a person. inspiration is inspiration, knowledge is knowledge. don't let pseud and doomer mindsets limit your own potential.
okay, maybe this is a bit too much lol.

oh noo

Attached: tenor.png (500x486, 287K)

Elaborate lol

>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the concept of evil
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 3
>"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degreee is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause

Attached: rrr.jpg (600x338, 54K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THAT MAN WAS A GODDAMN THIEF AND I DON'T GIVE TWO ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHITS WHAT A WORTHLESS THIEF THINKS ABOUT THE NATURE OF ACHIEVEMENT

So... Uh.... Glad you survived the inquisition interrogation while proving your innocence and good intentions. Did the Prof ever get an answer?

Thank you GestapoAnon.

Some sort of mindmap would be nice. Text, images, comments, arrows.

He's no Fariña

Fuck

>Being a Yea Forums student in the first place
I'm pretty new to Yea Forums but even I know that taking advice from anyone on a mongolian basket weaving forum is a waste of time.

You have to find someone in real life. Or you know just be productive instead

Attached: 3eed4f335eeb2d7413eede2555c9d535.jpg (649x487, 46K)

If anyone posted a link to such a site on Yea Forums it would inevitably be ruined by the plebians, idiots and poltards that cohabitate this board.

I am the OP and I am also super oldfag IRC derpweb BBS and I can assure you it obviously doesn't exist
>Its not like we're being hunted down and shot retard
>no one cares
I made this thread to rag on that tripfag with a fake code but it clearly didn't work

Attached: iCWOGrq.gif (300x220, 638K)

absolutely fucking based

I find myself browsing here less and less the older I get. I have found a few replacements, which I obviously won't post here. It's possible I promise, just look around on the internet for forums and blogs which promote intelligence and you'll find intelligent discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Fr6zrJECN8
no fucking shit he's jewish but you cannot deny the recorder playing is god-tier

based

Stop trying buddy. Nobody cares about your tranny support network.

>And his name was Geralt of Rivia

Impersonation is even more flattering than yous.

hell be fine