Why is he so happy on all his photos and why is he considered one of the smartest people alive?

Why is he so happy on all his photos and why is he considered one of the smartest people alive?

Attached: 220px-Kripke.jpg (220x210, 17K)

>His father was the leader of Beth El Synagogue, the only Conservative congregation in Omaha, Nebraska; his mother wrote educational Jewish books for children.
>Kripke is an observant Jew.

"Smart people are miserable because they know the dark truth" is a stupid meme propagated by gloomy pseuds with shit attitudes.

based

There's a funny picture of his recent Auschwitz visit where he points at a sign that says "Jew must be exterminated" and smirks

Modal argument is a bunch of BS and is not a successful argument against descriptivism fight me Kripke

It's actually Biblical in origin
>For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

So, stay ignorant and be happy (believe in God)

Read Naming and Necessity.
He's an actual genius, even though I don't agree with some of his positions.
Modal logic is also pretty important, and he contributed a great deal to it as a teenager in his spare time.

why are descriptivists so cringe?

kys my friend.

Fuck kripkenstein

suckle on my cock senpai

Honestly, the success of the counterfactual appeal about rigid designators largely rests on your intuitions about essentialism and constructivism.
It probably won't convince a constructivist, but it makes complete sense to someone who is an essentialist.
That a lot of these arguments live and die by appealing to your intuition alone is the main problem of contemporary philosophy, and seemingly undermines the whole point of demonstrations involving rigorous deductive proof.

Nice, I stand to a large extent corrected

nobody cares tripnigger

Whatever ant

Okay fine we can do it this way no one cares what your actual code is

Hey, can i be Anti-Yea Forums too??

Real geniuses get active fufilliment through their academic successes and by being awarded for their genius. The average lit poster isn't as clever as they think and they'll never hope to accomplish something meaningful. I think that the latter group have good reasons to be gloomy. And if you were born with a gift reserved to a select few people wouldn't you be smiling all the time too?

I am much smarter than you, lol

there is apparently a group of people who are actually too smart for academia, the 150+IQs. I read some analysis that shows these people usually have bad outcomes in life because they can't communicate with like 99% of the population properly

I doubt we have any of this cohort here but they're a thing