Is there a book that sums up Wallace's gimmick philosophy...

Is there a book that sums up Wallace's gimmick philosophy? Tried reading "Infinite Jest" but I find the language too difficult to follow (inb4 brainlet, yes I know).

Is there a more recent book (preferably short) that sums up all the post-irony philosophy?

Attached: 0_TUu2uJgm7NiAp66S.jpg (375x281, 16K)

Just give up reading books. If you're too retarded to read infinite jest you might as well be staring at the fridge instead of reading anything from Yea Forums. Maybe you can find a nice video game on mist or fog or however its called ;^)

>Just give up reading books.
Believe me I want to. I will continue posting here though.

You shouldn't be reading DFW at all. The "post-irony philosophy," as you call it, doesn't actually exist. What you refer to was casually alluded to in one of DFW's more tedious essays (they're almost all tedious, except his 9/11 one which is just embarrassing). There is no substance to "new sincerity" and the few examples of it are scant and hardly worth mention—both because the impact is insignificant and the art is bad.

Just focus on something worth a shit, instead.

No, because you're too stupid to understand him and are posting on here because you're freaking out that you're too stupid and looking for other people who are too stupid. One of them already posted and has proven he is too stupid. Others will follow, because when people agree with you (in your stupidity) dopamine is released in your brain and you feel good. Unfortunately you are still stupid. Even more unfortunately you will never have the pure pleasure of reading Infinite Jest or the Pale King or any of his other works and understanding it. I realize I'm setting anyone who responds to this post up as being "stupid" though that is not my intention. My intention is to inform people that this is the best author who has lived in our life times, and if you take the time to understand him, you will be entertained. (which is much better than momentarily pretending to be smart by hating something smart people like [the fool's way of looking intelligent] just to get that quick dopamine shot of having people agree with you [this is how John Oliver et al make their money])

>Just focus on something worth a shit, instead.
Like what?

>feels qualified to call dfw "gimmicky"
>is too stupid to understand IJ

Attached: 1467784559318.jpg (3529x2730, 908K)

FPBP

tldr?

Read The Pale King.

If you're a brainlet, just watch The Handmaid's Tale and stop bothering Yea Forums

>this is the best author who has lived in our life times

He's not even the best writer named Wallace who existed in our lifetimes.

Wrong

Imagine being this tarded

based wallace shawn

Give up, dude. Yea Forums is a bunch a tweens

quads of truth

I bet you're a white guy in college. DFW is FUBU for white guys in academia. You all think you'll "make it" if you just keep taking meaningless classes.

I’m black

You're really not.

I’m a soulful gay black man. You ever been wit a black man?

Timestamp photo with your hand.

Racist

>"I want to convince you that irony, poker-faced silence, and fear of ridicule are distinctive of those features of contemporary U.S. culture (of which cutting-edge fiction is a part) that enjoy any significant relation to the television whose weird, pretty hand has my generation by the throat. I'm going to argue that irony and ridicule are entertaining and effective, and that, at the same time, they are agents of a great despair and stasis in U.S. culture, and that, for aspiring fictionists, they pose terrifically vexing problems."

That's all fine and dandy, but then you zap your noggin' with ECT thinking it actually does anything productive and then depressoschizosuicide your way to the other side and you're all looking at me like i should take this clown seriously.
I don't disagree with his conclusions, but how the fuck can i respect someone that genuinely thinks shock treatment does anything at all, and even goes trough with it?

I expect such beliefs by the inhuman common pieces of filthy excrement that you can commonly find wasting away on Yea Forums, but not by what is supposedly one of the greatest minds of our time.

I might still read his shit but in the back of my head i won't be able to shake the feeling that when it REALLY, ACTUALLY mattered, he acted like a complete retard.

Attached: 1345593987156.jpg (640x480, 58K)