Is literature just another coping mechanism for being bad at maths?

Is literature just another coping mechanism for being bad at maths?

Attached: nowadavs-intelligent-girls-are-single-0NTm3.jpg (640x655, 32K)

No, you cretin. Delete this post.

I second this

Math is a coping mechanism for being illiterate

>Aimer les femmes intelligentes est un plaisir de pédéraste

>girls
>pic is of a 35 year old woman

It can be for some in the specific context of college, but I doubt it is for most, especially in the real world.

Besides, you seem to be presuming that math is the only, or at least primary form of intelligence. This is not necessarily true.

My least favorite thing is trying to engage an intelligent person about high art and culture just to find out that despite having a math PhD all they watch and read are super hero movies and harry potter. Why is it that so many high IQ people in mathematical and scientific fields "don't get abstract art" and "think movies should be fun" and "just like the background noise".

Attached: 1542674474878.gif (400x300, 1.58M)

*ahem*
FUCK MATH

Et alors ? tous les grands écrivains sont des pédés

unironically yes. i ended up studying english because i was too much of a brainlet for physics.

From what I can tell, a lot of people in the computer science program at my school have no idea what they're doing. They're computer science majors because they heard liberal arts people don't get employed, and now they're gonna saturate the market with shitty programmers and underqualified IT technicians. Suggesting that STEM fields are superior and 'more practical' is actually harmful for STEM fields

No. I am a genius at math, but I decided to major in literature because doing math is being substitutable

Dumb post, OP. :(

I'd bet money that woman's not over 30

Math is a lie, science is a fuck, muh gonna drown myself in existentialism
t. physics major

Art is a meme and entertainment is MEANT to be fun. Fuck superhero comics and harry potter, that's simply zoomer bullshit.

Because your average mathematic phd people are basically trying to do the most pure art of the arts as a career and they just wanna kick back and chill during their leisure hours?

STEMfag here. I dont watch movies at all and have no idea what's good or coming out, but I dont care for superheroes or harry potter or black mirror or whatever

Literature and mathematics both have so many facets this doesn’t even make sense

>people have different type of IQs

r/mindblown

I just wish achievement in academia correlated with interest in art, but it seems to be totally unrelated if not negatively correlated. It's hard to respect academics when the history-reinforced ideal of a Great Man has both the mind of a mathematician and an artist.

Probably because they intuitively recognize something that many of you are just recently realizing: that those forms of art are brainless, mindless trash and should be solely used for hedonistic mindless enjoyment and nothing else.

Literature is the only true form of engagement

>superhero comics
>zoomer shit
uhh

God forbid a form of media suggests that it might want to help you discover something or look at the world differently. Let's all dedicate our precious remaining hours of daylight to media that promises that it will teach you nothing and show you only things that you have seen before. Pop movies as bad books as shallow art are all equally brain-rot.
Why is it that the kind of mind that delves so deeply into the puzzles of math finds the puzzles of life so offensive that they'll actively refuse anything that attempts to engage them with the topic?
I suppose

Uhhhhm no sorry sweatie

Is math another coping mechanism for having no artistic talent?