Write 300 words a day

>write 300 words a day
>read 10-15 pages a day

who here little writer/reader keepin it real?

Attached: smallfrog.jpg (184x109, 7K)

>write 300 words a day
that's like 2 hours if you're slow

Takes me up to 1 hour max. Im a little writer, tho. :>

jesus really? i write at least 400 words a day in that amount of time. how are you that slow?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.30.39 AM.png (754x590, 227K)

This is not a competition thread.
This is for smoll writers/readers.

Attached: apulsmoll.png (923x713, 16K)

I carry around a pocket sized notebook and jot stuff down

Look, this is for people that arnt small writers, if you write 400 words a day, you're lacking, and I mean lacking, if youre writing on paper that should be barely 2 pages, on the computer it's like a page, I mean jesus have done passion.

Attached: 3A2DC9E4-8203-4A75-8F80-DC29D38D467C.png (658x901, 64K)

I read 30-50 pages a day. People call me dumdum

Attached: autism.jpg (360x360, 17K)

Reading a little is fine, maybe you don't have a lot of time or you're reading something dense that takes a lot out of you

But writing only 300 words... I mean, a rate of 1000 words per hour is pretty reasonable. Do you agonize over every word?

Maybe you should take yourself to a thread that isn't for small writers then you fucking jabroni

OP here.

No, I dont agonize over every word, I stop here and there to fix something in my style, but I avoid falling into the endless editing trap and get it all out of me. Sometimes I stop and think whats going on in my text.

>reasonable

What is reasonable? Why this stress? Compared to You Im a little writer, why wont You accept me as the little writer?

How many stories have you finished since then? Are they good?

Two. They were alright, needed a lot of editing because they were too chaotic, like schizo level. However, since I have balanced out a huge part of my mind, I do not have this problem anymore.

Mind You, I started writing prose 4-5 months ago. Before that I wrote 500-600 poems before I realized the autofellatory/academic-solipsistic nature of contemporary poetry.

My current project which was supposed to be a little story is turning out to be a little novel atm. Little chapters, little sentences, trying to put everything into as few words as possible. The little writer!

How do you edit your stories? Do you just rewrite a paragraph or other or do you actually redraft a whole passage or the whole text?

>read 10-15 pages a day
fine, could be more
>write 300 words a day
that's legitimately more than 80% of people here. also, huge part of them has no talent whatsoever. 300 decent words a day can actually get you places if you're consistent and don't work on 8 different projects simultaneously

I act as a little butcher that was once a big surgen, or maybe that is just his delusion: I open up the text, see what is malfunctioning and fix that shit, then I zoom out and observe if the organism as a whole functions with this brutish fix. The little surgery!

The little steps of the little writer!

Attached: apushappiness.png (1210x1190, 116K)

Forgot to say that my GF helps me with pointing out my mistakes. She has been writing prose for a really long time and knows her shit.

P.S.

Sometimes I just mark something with the red colour in my text while writing because I know this is bad, mmmmmkay?, really bad.

>Sometimes I just mark something with the red colour in my text while writing because I know this is bad, mmmmmkay?, really bad
I learned colour-marking from my professor who used it while editing my thesis, it's a great method.

Yeah, and You dont get stuck on the problem but continue writing. You need just a liiiiiittle bit of red colour for the little nudge forward: "Alright, I will come back to this one day."

While you write your draft you don't come up with new ideas for the plot that might force you to flesh out the thing all up again?

I think I'm a little writer yeah. I'm too ashamed of my novel to share it with anyone who isn't it a friend but I think my friends do a good job at telling me what sounds terrible or makes no sense

It's pissing me off that you sound so sensible OP.
I read around 50 pages a day on weekdays, weekends I can spend the whole day reading, but I only write in spontaneous burst. Once every week or two I'll sit down and write anywhere between a thousand and five thousand words, but I'll always hate what I've written next time I sit down and start all over again.

Maybe I can learn something from you

Well, yes, but I anyway keep the plot moving forward while trying to integrate these new ideas so the text itself seems a bit chaotic and "paranoid" or conspiracylike as a result. My approach to writing is that I (the little writer) myself am not so much writing the story/text as much as I am revealing to myself what the fuck is going on. For example: today I realized something new about this character which contradicts what was implied about her so far. I will simply add this new information in a way in which appeared to me i.e. I was wrong about her and I am shocked as much as You are, because I am.

Yeah! Share away, fellow little writer with little circle of friends that give him good criticism and motivate him.

I basically gave up the whole intellectual/academic/pseud whatever game. When I dont understand something even though I tried, I say I dont understand and I give up.

I bought a whole collection of Nietzsche, started reading it, got to the 15th page and realized, even though this guy is my favourite philosopher(?? maybe because I have read something from before), I do not understand what he is talking about, he is boring and my brain hurts. If I dont understand I dont understand, I am dumb and I give up. I just dont care anymore. If I have damaged my brain so hard that I cant read more than 10 pages a day, so be it. That is my new attention span. Why all this stress?

While I was writing last night I had an idea for a paragraph where I wanted to capture the feeling of time slipping away and this making You sad because You base a huge part of Your identity on time whereas the weird thing is even though everything including the colour of Your voice changes, the You, the Self or whatever does not change and is basically eternal in the same way that time is eternal. I dont know. Some kind of All in All, One in All, but All in One attitude, no idea. Guess what? I failed. The whole paragraph is a complete mess that I had to mark everything with red except a few lines and words that I feel capture a huge part of it. I will come back to it later. I felt dumber than I usually do in that particular moment when writing that and I realized I cant write this, now certainly not, later maybe. If not later, then I dont know. I might just delete it completely. Maybe in another text.

So much of, well, me, atleast, keeps grabbing onto new things which gives me this spur of energy and mental kino that it feels like I just phantasized about sex and bust my mental nut that when it is time to actually have sex I just dont care about it anymore, I am done. I dont know how to conclude this thought.

I dont know if I helped You with this at all. :/

Still OP.

The simplest way I can put it is: I dont want to hurt myself anymore.

That was chaotic, but I think I understand what you're getting at, and yes, it is comforting and helps, somehow. Thanks OP.

Might just be the little voice that spoke to You, who knows what Your path actually looks like. You do You. And good luck!

Attached: the little egg.jpg (680x356, 22K)

Post prose
Won´t bully

Attached: hi.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Ain't English. This little writer comes from Slavia.

not me

Attached: godpepe.jpg (1024x561, 77K)

>tfw I set a 100 word a day minimum
>tfw at least I'm consistent and always meet my quota
>tfw making headway in my novella

I'm very self critical so it's challenging for me to just bust out 1000 words a day. I will bump my word count up once I make this a deep habit.

Little steps for the little writer. Fitting. Good for you, man!

What do you guys write about?
I can piss out a couple thousand words easily if its regarding my interest in video game aspects

Attached: 1551021733394.png (747x686, 44K)

OP here.

Existentialism. Just can't escape the feeling. And memories, I'm really good with ruminations, but I avoid that.

Shame you don't write in English. I would love to see your work, fren.

who the fuck counts the words they read? i can almost understand pages but words?

>He's writing with pen and paper

Same. I love discussing writing (my own and people I know). Makes me feel like we've created a temporary literary circle a la Burroughs/Kerouac/Ginsberg, although I doubt they discussed much of their writing.

I don't. It's an approximation, but with a quick view towards other fellow writers, I see that I'm pretty little compared to them.

Fucking plebs.
I spend my hour in bed before I fall asleep thinking and mulling over my tales and where they'll go next and once I wake up a whole new sentence is formed in my mind awaiting to be birthed on the page. I then have my breakfast of bread and water and then spend the day walking or reading, depending on the weather.

So, You write one sentence a day? You're one of us! Welcome, little writer fren!

Tableaus mostly. I can picture a still image and enjoy describing it, but I never know where to take it, so I just write lots of little descriptions hoping that some day they'll all magically turn out to have been a single story all along

Try reading Borges' Ficciones. It could inspire You to somehow autistically develop these thoughts into actual narrative movement kinda the way it is the case in the above mentioned book.