I've never heard a single persuasive argument against banning all racism from the canon...

I've never heard a single persuasive argument against banning all racism from the canon. It has no place in modern society and should not be put on a pedestal. Even works that are not about race, but have casual racism sprinkled in should not be promoted in any way. Outdated values and morals should be completely disregarded.

Attached: Racism-is-atheism.jpg (1200x675, 430K)

I fully agree with the poster above, he's based and seemingly redpilled!

do not answer the retard and sage

shittiest bait i've seen in a while your gonna have to try harder ole chap

Attached: D4E75527-86DB-48D6-8C99-B396493F6A3D.jpg (500x500, 14K)

Have you ever considered that black people are stupid and have skin that is the same colour as my poo?

This is unironically the best argument someone can come up with for racism.

You can’t explain everything trough reason. There’s an irrational side to life that is seemingly forgotten in modern societies. I just hate niggers, what’s so wrong with that?

Seriously, my anecdotal experience enough just really gives me no reason to care for them, idc about finding a diamond in the rough.

Its not about 'racism' but about freedom of association and self determination. Fine you have equality before the law, but what about 'unconscious racism'? The cannon is arbitrary and discriminatory, because as we all now no values beyond egalitarianism exist, so why not refocus the study of literature on inclusion and social activism?

I mean its called the western canon for a reason.... They could teach the eastern alongside and sprinkle whatever african shit who cares. Just not teaching sometjing because its potentially against your modern sensibilities is silly

The leftists and college queers dont even want to read classical chinese philosophy or african literature, as those dont really vibe with their neurotic 21st century worldview either. They want to have their own ideas reflected back at them.

First you'd have to come up with the objective definition for racism which is evidently impossible

Are there any racist (in a hateful vein at least) works in the canon?

All of them are racist and hateful. If we are to read the works of 'western civilization' at all it should be with a critical eye, searching for the origins of harmful binaries and normativities that still oppress folks to this day. The greek ideal of body normativity isnt like really problematic?

fake and gay

I don't think you understand what canon is. Which is great because you'll never get your hands on it and not know what to censor.

Read the final chapter of Bloom's The Western Canon and prepare to be BTFO.

Niggers don't belong in the West to begin with lmao they should be thankful we allow them to exist, not wanting to mess with our canon

the greeks had transvestites

bad bait but my fucking sides if catholicucks actually end up doing this

>The devil assumes all adversaries are Catholics
Vindicated again

To be fair to OP, none of you guys actually gave an argument.

>Outdated values and morals should be completely disregarded.

As I'm sure will happen to our own temporary culture in due time.

I unironically agree with you completely, but you have to remember the place you're saying this on. You won't receive agreement here.

You agree an artist's entire work should be dismissed merely because he had views which were common at the time??

Attached: 1464883109399.jpg (500x492, 52K)

Reminder that if white people lose global influence that the horrors the arabs and chinese will inflict upon niggers will pale in comparison to the most fantastic sado-sexual holohoax lie imaginable

This. If you think Whites hate the niggers, you haven't heard of the Chinese. Niggers just don't belong to this world lmao

Reminder that if white people lose global influence that the horrors the arabs and chinese will inflict upon niggers will make the most fantastic sado-sexual holohoax lies imaginable blush

Depends on the severity of the racism, and stature+quality of the work. I do unironically think that we should be working towards building an updated canon which has values we can better align with. Works that don't can still be read but should have their problematic parts completely disregarded when taught, and the students given clear notice that these notions are not acceptable or worth entertaining/discussing.

>let's just ignore racism ever existed
Might as well ignore the Nazis and the Holocaust. What you're proposing is an extremly dangerous idea. It's cultural genocide.

Cuck. Use these passage to inspire the spineless negroes to turn into racists.

Greeks were hella gay so not an arguement

>b-but his views were common at that time!!

Nice postmodern relativism

The western gay community's idolization of greece has created a legacy of binarism and transphobia, white supremacism, pedophilia and the exclusion of bodies that are too fat too brown or too femenine

Leftists are not postmodernists ir relativists, they are absolutists in denial. They cant even conceive of a subjectivity different from theirs

>I've never heard a single persuasive argument against banning all racism from the canon.
Really? No one's ever told you the very simple argument that it's important to study the past in order to properly understand the present and shape the future? An inaccurate history will lead to an inaccurate understanding of the present and a botched future.

Stop false flagging and go back to /pol/