ITT: Shitty books by great authors

ITT: Shitty books by great authors.

Attached: 51CjzStnCrL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (319x499, 41K)

The Man in the High Castle

THE PLAGUE BY ABERT "HURR SISYFUS" CUM-EATER

one of his greatest works that defines his unique brand of soft science fiction. Leaving aside the possibility of the setting, he uses Japanese culture to symbolize the spiritual/nostalgic and German to symbolize the objective/materialistic, and uses that to explore identity and authenticity. Great book.

Why is it shitty?

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

The Road

I thought i was the only who hated The Road

Really? Portrait is shitty? What do you think of Dubliners?

Boring and gay

The Road is his worst book. I really hope he’s working on something right now so he can go out with a bang and not a whimper.
Dubliners was fantastic, easily my favorite short story collection. Better than Ficcones even. Portrait just fell flat on its face for me and it seemed like Joyce had little aim for it in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree.

Corncob is currently writing “the passenger” I think there’s a grainy YouTube video where he recites a paragraph from it or something

>A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
uh you mean Exiles right

I honestly had to drop The Fall because the 2nd person perspective was so grating. Thankfully Bright Lights, Big City reassured me that I wasn't just biased towards the style.

I personally thought it was short enough that it didn’t overstay it’s welcome as a gimmick. Still one of his lesser books that I’ve read so far.

Brevity is the saving grace for a lot of books. I'm sure I would've hated Good Morning, Midnight that much more if it was like twice as long.

Puddnhead Wilson by Mark Twain

Intruder in the Dust by Faulkner

>selections from my shitty southern lit class

Portrait is amazing all throughout. It's already experimental without jumping straight into the madness sea like he did in Ulysses (or rolling in dirt on the ocean's floor like he did in Finnegans Wake).

Bu tto each his own I guess.

It's unironically his only good book.

why didnt u like intruder?

But that's a great book by a shit author.

Attached: Tard.jpg (196x258, 8K)

I haven't read it and I hate it. Boring and gay.

I liked Puddn a lot. Twain achieves so much in a book that fits into your back pocket. Read it in a 19th century American lit class myself.

Fuck you I love Portrait!