Empire Strikes Back is the darkest Starwars mo-

>Empire Strikes Back is the darkest Starwars mo-

Attached: 49d.png (1919x816, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s10NhdgPYfYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>killing some sand people and lopping off windu's hand is supposed to make this easy

Mate just point the light thing at what you wanna kill you fucking dumbass

Why didn't the little kids fight back? Judge them by their size...hmmm??

>see see look he’s evil now because evil is a switch instead of a gradual yet tragic shift
>but we can’t just SAY he’s evil
>he needs to murder children and other students he probably spent days if not years mentoring - just because he’s evil now

Reminder that some decrepit old man just convinced a Jedi Knight to go against years and years of training for no other reason than “hey Annie you can trust me I’m a Sith. You know like the guy that murdered obiwans master”

You are a dumb fuck for implying that Anakin's turn to evil was like a switch and not gradual.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2500x2458, 539K)

Imagine hacking to death a group of kindergardeners with machetes, and not just any kids, but ones who admire you and look at you as a mentor, and then thinking you are still redeemable because you are space jesus or something.

wtf was lucas thinking? It's edgy for the sake of being dark and edgy. They should have been shot up by stormtroopers or something while Anakin murders one of the lightsaber instructors.

Nothing is darkest than seeing Jar Jar being a sith and no one doing anything about it.

Did that other guy just sleep through the prequels or something?

Who the fuck cares about Star Wars anymore?

>implying Anakin become evil
Sheev was his only friend, when he dared to love a girl all his Jedi "brothers" ostracized him.
When he wanted to save his girl every single Jedi considered him a traitor and his girl hated him.
Palpatine was the only one that cared for Anakin.

12 year old detected

>Not enjoying a classical meme...

Attached: 1561694790402.png (424x444, 363K)

So is Yea Forums still pretending to like the prequels to be contrarian?

The new movies made the prequels to look good in comparison.

so that's a yes

We always hated the worse trilogy and tolerated the rest, this has not changed.

Reminder Anakin had literally no reason to kill these kids without remorse

>whelp looks like I switched allegiances and he wants me to slaughter these dumbass kids
>GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO
I didn't buy it. There was nothing "gradual" about it. I didn't like how his transition was handled at all because it was severely neglected. Dumbass George just had to start Anakin off as a 9 year old doofus in TPM. He should've been a teenager before he was reluctantly taken in by the jedi to better mirror Luke's training (it's like pottery) and then 2+3 should've focused on his relationship with Obi, Padme and Sheev WITH MUCH GREATER FOCUS.

Attached: sith_test.png (593x589, 439K)

>Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padme.

yeah it was bullshit but it was in there

Palpatine had the power to save who he liked (Anakin on that lava planet), maybe Anakin just need more training before he could save her.

I'm not saying that it was incorrect, just that "killing kids gives you the power to save women dying in childbirth" is a really stupid plot device.

Except the new movies are nowhere near as bad as the prequels.

>dude annie just trust me on this lmao

What? Nobody ostracized him because they kept their relationship a secret

I think Anakin would kill the kids if Palpatine just asked, he was the only person that still cared and don't considerate him a traitor.
Some parts of the new movies are better than Jar Jar, that's all I can say.

Anakin had a traumatic childhood. He grew up as a slave before being taken away from his mother by space-Jihadists and thrust into a space battle like two days later, destroying the Trade Federation flagship and killing thousands.

There was no way he wasn't going to go fully evil when he grew up.

Why Sheev wanted anakin in first place? I know it's because muh power, but after he turn Anakin into Vader, he didn't used Vader for anything.

The evilest thing he did as Vader was to strangle some imperial officers.

You know when you think about it, maybe Anakin was REALLY autistic. From the shit he does as a child to how he was hitting on Padme I wouldn’t put it past him to doing something totally stupid
Like Sheev telling Anakin he wants to end the Jedi order. Like you could interpret it in a way to try converting kids or just taking over the temple but instead Anakin spergs out and thinks to himself “ok I’m a Sith now so a Sith would naturally murder everyone he knows”

I was fucking TRAUMATIZED by this scene ok?

Attached: 1550726655561.webm (800x600, 2.87M)

It's kinda sad, all Sheev wanted was a friend.

>want a friend to watch space opera with and shoot the shit about Jedi and Sith philosophicals
>get stuck with one guy who never talks
>get another former Jedi who would rather hang out with robots and cockroaches
>finally find a guy who seems kind of cool
>turns out he fantasizes about murdering his friends and family
>get desperate and try to befriend Vaders son
>forget his handler was choked to death the other day for not making space tendies so he spergs out and throws you down an energy shaft

>Get an apprentice who despies you
>Find out your former apprentice is alive and has an actual friend who likes him
>Get jealous
>Torcher him
>Kill his friend

Think about it, Sheev has no friends, only enemies and paws.
I personally thing he tried to convert Anakin because he liked Anakin.

I guess as a successor to his new empire, it always seemed dumb to me that Palpatine left his new apprentice to get fucked on Mustafar instead of keeping him by his side at all times.

Vader was emperor's office boy after all, he'd appoint some admiral as successor.

Lucas shouldn't have put in that stupid scene with Palpatine telling Vader he killed his own wife, despite controlling Vader I got the impression in ROTJ that he still had a certain respect for him.

Even if Vader is an broken autistic fuck, it's the only guy Sheev talks to.
Not only this but Vader is basically his son, he has been around since he was 9.

They're horrible in a different way
All the prequels are enjoyable to me in some way even if they are cringe, TLJ is just awful in every way, completely unwatchable

It's the difference between seeing a goofy movie and watching soviet propaganda for 3 hours.

>Prequel apologists

Attached: whatthefuckisthishshit.jpg (344x505, 39K)

Attached: 1471961146113.jpg (1696x1462, 705K)

>Propaganda apologist

Not that guy but his entire life was shit and Sheev was one of his only friends who wasn't a Jedi and Jedi forbid attachments. Just him going on a rampage on the Sand People shows he's always on the cusp of going crazy when someone he loves is hurt or endangered.

Were we watching the same movie?

The Anakin I saw was born a slave, stripped of his mother. Put into an organization that did not trust him or even welcomed him. Then on top of this, they forced him into a war as a general to have men die under his decisions while dealing with a failing marriage that was kept secret. Making worse the Jedi deny him the rank of master after everything he had done for them and the Republic. They take it further by asking him to spy on the one person he called a friend.

The biggest problem is he was the Chosen one. He knew it, Obi-wan and the rest of the Jedi knew it but they purposely kept him at bay instead of treating him like a colleague.

They honestly are, in every way I can think of. I guess the CGI is better?

>If you don't like the prequels, that means you must like the sequels
Ok retard

>-vie.

>Anakin: Hey...... Obi-wan! Guess what?!
>Obi: *sighs in Jedi* .....what?
>Anakin: I killed younglings! Do you know what means?!
>Obi: ..........
>Anakin: I turned myself into an edgelord! I'M EDGELORD ANAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!
Prequel cucks, your "dark" movie was the equivalent of a middle school goth's tryhard attempt at mature content on fanfic.net, only to wind up as a laughably terrible detriment of knowledge wastefulness. Read a lexicon, you feckless plebs.

Attached: sample_7b82706c452fdc818415aa1758236801.jpg (850x1000, 512K)

I enjoy watching the prequels they have moments of so bad its good and actually decent moments

not him. all of that is true and I think it makes a pretty fair case, but it's presented badly in the movies and seems more like a random series of events rather than a building theme

He's got this squad he chills with too in ROTJ, though I imagine they're more like corporate suck-ups.
Vader was probably the only dude he could actually confide with.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x784, 506K)

>They honestly are, in every way I can think of.
If they are better in a single way, name it.

jesus wtf

>Lucas shouldn't have put in that stupid scene with Palpatine telling Vader he killed his own wife,

But that was the truth from a certain point of view.

Also Sheev probably honestly thought that was what happened to Padme. Laughing at Vader's pain was a dick move, of course.

I agree his life was shit, and ole George boy could've spent more time contextualizing Anakin and changing the plot to something much more refined. The story beats were there but the writing was crap and ham-fisted.

>muh chosen one
HO LEE FUCKING HACK WRITING LUCAS
Get a grip. I hate that trope. He should've simply been a very powerful agent of the force. Get that prophecy garbage out of here. The whole "bring balance to the force" was a direct consequence of the massive jedi slaughter to begin with. This is all revisionist writing by Lucas. But it's his story and he can shit all over it if he wants to.
The biggest issue is that Lucas didn't have a well thought out arc presented between the three movies in what appeared to be a well executed manner. Shit is jumbled as fuck and there's a reason for that. The whole saving your loved one angle in RotS wasn't even solidified until George thought it might be a good idea to re-focus on while in the editing room... AFTER FINISHING THE FILMING. He did a piss poor job of showing Obi + Ani as good buds who got split apart due to ideologies / love or whatever. All we see in AotC is them bickering like an old married couple. It just sucked.

I remember one user saying that Anakin's behavior is exactly alike a sociopath that would one day snap and become Vader and that it unintentionally portrayed someone as exactly the mental state to go crazy and wind up like Vader.

>Except the prequels are nowhere near as bad as the new movies.
Fixed

Did someone ask for a dark Star Wars story?

Attached: Chris_Avellone.jpg (795x861, 193K)

Yeah it really makes Darth Vader sort of irredeemable. So what if he saved his kid? He butchered an entire ROOM full of toddlers.

>Get a grip. I hate that trope.

Good for you. Nobody cares what you hate

>Yeah it really makes Darth Vader sort of irredeemable
>he thinks Vader hasn't committed atrocities far worse than this

Well I guess ordering the destruction of a planet is technically worse than toddler-murder on a large scale. But not that much worse.

They were babies.

>They were babies.
>implying he hasn't killed far more babies as Vader personally or by ordering them

Look, I don't like it because it weakens the story and makes it less compelling. You even admitted it. If he already knows he's the chosen one and everyone else keeps telling Anakin that he's the chosen one then it kind of stymies the mystery of the story (even if it is a prequel trilogy) and makes it that much more predictable for the viewer and how the character sees himself in his world. Avoiding that trope would've strengthened the story and also added another layer to the uncertainty Anakin saw of his own future.

Vader spend most of this time chill in a space ship or chocking random officer.

I think that guy is talking about the gay dimestore fiction.

BIG
BLUE
DINGUS

Why was the Galactic Senate okay with Palpatine instituting imperial control over the galaxy even though the war was over and the jedi were nearly defeated?

Attached: image.jpg (805x1024, 83K)

Attached: agenda.jpg (960x639, 48K)

He had already made the galactic empire and they cheered. They aren't going to ask for the old ways, they thought the empire was an improvement from their previous state, unaware he engineered the threat to begin with.

It's a weird chain of events in ROTS though since they killed the equivalent of Osama bin Laden THEN put in the police state.

They made the Jedi the enemy and Dooku was an enemy general but not the only general and not even the only political leader. It's closer to killing Bin Laden's favorite underling. He also framed the Jedi and were continuing to hunt then even in the originals.

No one liked the Jedi, being ruled by a religious order is not something people enjoy.
When Sheev killed the Jedi, people were chill about it.

sheev has a harem as well

boobies

It's been a theory of mine for years that Anakin was always supposed to be an annoying awkward retard. Him being "whiny" and sterile was all a part of the story. It was an intentional juxtaposition of Anakin being the chosen one yet still displaying complete incompetence. His constant failures by the time of ROTS was what finally pushed him over the edge. If he couldn't find solace being a Jedi then the dark side could give him some sort of deserved purpose. His life was nonstop misfortune despite all his promises of greatness, that's what made it easy for Palpatine to tempt him in the first place.

Maybe Lucas directed Christensen as being borderline autistic and retarded on purpose and everyone was too preoccupied with viewing him as a parallel to Luke Skywalker to understand it.

Attached: IMG_E7155.jpg (658x494, 95K)

the dark side is seductive because the more evil you get the stronger you get, and you get strong fast

haha imagine if they beat up Anakin and started jerking him off and bouncing on his dick haha. crazy kids right

Seems typical of totalitarians. There's numerous cases in history where they betray those who backed them once they get into power.

This.

He literally sat in a chair and did nothing

Still better than Disney wars but don't give him that much credit.

>He literally sat in a chair and did nothing

He's basically all the school shooters every one is taking seriously and freaking out about now

top bait

yep, barely directed at all

>empire strikes back is the best star wars mo-

Attached: (2017) Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.D.BDRip.720p.ExKinoRay[(068425)2019-01-07-13-37-08].jpg (1280x536, 379K)

>religious order that didn't nothing while the republic become more and more corrupt
>they helped the people
Maybe if the Jedi weren't convenient they'll not have died.

which tomb raider movie is this again
the Jedi have a very precarious knife point position in the Force, because it's very easy to fall even with the best of intentions
However, this is the third Jedi order that fucked up by doing nothing and honestly Luke's reformation from the old monasticism was needed

Too passive. It's in their code to be non-interventionist in large conflicts while doing the occasional ambassador or peacekeeping mission. They don't want to risk being some dictator. Unfortunately, they did enough to remind everyone they existed but not enough to actually un-fuck the republic. Even if Sheev wasn't a Sith, they'd be an easy target.

COPE

Attached: (2017) Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.D.BDRip.720p.ExKinoRay[(022386)2019-01-07-13-35-19].jpg (1280x536, 386K)

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T KILL CHILDREN, THEY'RE JUST BABIES
>STOP IT, STOP SLAUGHTERING THEM, STOP NO STOOOOOOOOOP
>MY WIFE'S BOYFRIEND WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS

Attached: 1555855868594.png (785x1000, 254K)

A New Hope was the best

>soulless wide angle with no concept of scene composition
I mean, what even is the focus of this shot?

Best Star Wars story

Attached: KOTOR 2.jpg (500x713, 100K)

>4K77 1.4 is best New Hope
Is "Empire Strikes Back 35mm Grindhouse (23GB)" the best Empire?

Wow you said nothing in a shit ton of words

normally you put the worst and most tedious part in the middle or towards the end of an RPG, the visionaries at Obsidian are absolute madlads to put it right at the beginning

>They should have been shot up by stormtroopers or something while Anakin murders one of the lightsaber instructors.
That's how the novel describes it, funny enough

I remember what Lucas said on the DVD commentary

>we needed to do this scene to show how far Anakin had fallen.

From what, like 5 minutes ago when he reported Palpatine to Mace Windu?

Cuz it's not like the movies ever showed Anakin being a great Jedi hero in the first place. Have to watch Clone Wars for that.

>soulless NPC attempts to call anything soulless when he has no friends, no life, no taste and is cucked to capeshitters on a capeshit board
Lmao dude. Sit the fuck down.

sounds like someone needs to have sex

oh shit that's Luke's lightsaber huh

I have that's why my patrician opinion with common sense upsets you

have sex incel

Imagine defending this movie

This board defends literally dogshit movies all the time and trashes good ones all the time.

Snoke 2nd from the left

Is he Snoke?

Attached: Valkorion.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

The tartakovsky cartoon had some really great stuff showing anakin's progression downwards. I still think it's the best thing to come out of the prequel era, really.

but muh ashoka tano

he was showing joy at seeing that vader was still powerful, the entire reason he said vader killed padme was to incite his emotions and force him to exert his force power

vocaroo.com/i/s10NhdgPYfYY

Attached: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (611x815, 258K)

Even then, it just shows him killing people that are bad

I don't see the tartakovsky Anakin killing a room of toddlers

>I hate that trope.
It was a stupid idea that didn't add much of anything to the story beyond a kind of meta-recognition of RotJ's climax. It was a bad retcon.

>retcon

Attached: Explain.jpg (625x468, 58K)

I liked Tartakovsky Clone Wars for its restraint. The fact it had modest narrative ambitions and stuck mostly to stylish vignettes was a good thing. The CG series' best moments do similar things. The more "significant" stuff like Maul's revival and Ahsoka in general are pretty contrived. Rebels has similar issues.

Lucas didn't have much of anything planned out. Nothing in the OT ever suggested Anakin was a prophesied savior, and prequel movies were not something Lucas always had in mind.

Yeah, it's still the start of his descent, but you see him chafing under jedi rules, struggling against his foes, and finding victory through passion. When he defeats Ventress and and the robo-guys, you can *see* him leaning on the dark side. And then Obi-wan congratulates him on his victories, and tells him he's a knight now, that that ordeal was his trial and he passed it. It's a way better handling of anakin's character flaws than the actual movies even I'd we don't get the whole length of his slide downward.

>The CG series' best moments do similar things.
Which are those?

Absolutely, until 4K80 comes out.
The best RotJ is 4K83 1.1, since the later DNR versions are for faggot zoomers who cannot appreciate film grain.

>Lucas didn't have much of anything planned out.
>treatments of numerous films never made
>words like sith mentioned from ep4 original footage
>stuff about boba fett's armor being from the forces that wiped out the jedi previously
Not that dude but he had stuff, however changed they ended up.

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

>Which are those?
The episodes that focus on the clones, or other self-contained episodes that just help to flesh out the scope of the war.
He had all kinds of ideas sketched out that were tossed only to get altered and reintegrated, but the central throughline of the story as we got it was not planned. Anakin being Vader wasn't even planned; that doesn't appear until TESB's second draft.

dumb retard

topkek

>words like sith mentioned from ep4 original footage
>stuff about boba fett's armor being from the forces that wiped out the jedi previously

oh so stuff that never made it into the actual movies?

originally, Ahsoka was going to be 11 years old

Attached: designing-Ahsoka-anakin.jpg (864x1080, 78K)

Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo