Watching this for the first time what should I expect?

Watching this for the first time what should I expect?

Attached: s592.jpg (592x841, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7oWwPECY4
youtu.be/5A3JkjScUKY?t=87
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nothing

Kino

get ready for a nap

overrated crap

>NOOOOOO U CAN'T INSULT BLADE RUNNER NOOOOOOOOOO
the sequel is even worse, shame on you for liking it

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7oWwPECY4

Which cut is best cut?

A short nap.

the final cut

>Which cut is best cut
this one, by far

Attached: brokendisc.jpg (370x325, 47K)

Workprint.

Expect bedtime

The greatest sci-fi film ever made, one that also created cyberpunk.

Theatrical.

The one that doesn't have ugly green filter over it. Director's cut iirc.

extremely atmospheric and meditative SF movie that provokes inexplicable feelings

theatrical, the voiceovers humanise (if you'll pardon the double meaning) Deckard and add to the meditative experience

>Workprint - This was shown to test audiences in Denver and Dallas in March 1982. It was also seen in 1990 and 1991 in Los Angeles and San Francisco as a "Director's Cut" without the approval of director Ridley Scott.
>Sneak Preview - This was shown to a San Diego audience only once in May 1982. It's nearly identical to the 1982 US theatrical version, except that it included three additional scenes not shown before or since, including the Final Cut version. The three scenes were cut as a result of this showing.
>US Theatrical - Released in June 1982. Narration was added and a happy ending tacked on by the film's backers who were worried the workprint was much too dark and confusing. Ridley Scott was essentially locked out of the editing room.
>International Cut - Also known as the "Criterion Edition" or uncut version, included three more violent action scenes than the US theatrical version.
>Director’s Cut - The impetus behind this was actually a screening of the original workprint that went over very well with the audience. The studio realized there was demand for a cut that hewed closer to Scott's original vision. Scott provided extensive notes and consultation to Warner Bros., although film preservationist/restorer Michael Arick was put in charge of creating the Director's Cut.
>Final Cut - The only version Ridley Scott had complete control over. The Final Cut contains the original full-length version of the unicorn dream, which had never been in any version. Additionally, all of the additional violence and alternate edits from the international cut have been inserted.

Attached: Blade.Runner.1982.The.Final.Cut.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-EPSiLON.jpg (3840x2160, 3.82M)

This, but I always fall asleep to Ridley's flicks

lol I thought I was the only one. tried watching blade runner many times and fell asleep every time. I have never finished this movie.

>what should I expect?
A shockingly dumb cop working the night shift chases some special needs adults around Times Square in between eating chinese food and raping an annoying Decopunk chick with autism, all set to a perfectly respectable score by Vangelis.

Attached: blade-runner-young-ford-thumb-300xauto-2275.jpg (300x179, 22K)

Kino
plebs filtered

theatrical
youtu.be/5A3JkjScUKY?t=87

If you're a retard and need the main character to narrate to you what's happening in the story and what he is feeling instead of just paying attention and having the tiniest ability to interpret facial expressions, then yeah the theatrical is the go to version

Director's Cut w/o the ugly color filter

Blade Runner is a Film Noir homage. Not the same without the voice-over.