Upgraded design

>Just make them bigger.
>But sir, there is no room for a person to operate them
>Also if we want to shoot at troops coming at the walls, because of the angle, we would need platforms that makes them accessible to operate
>Don't worry about it. There is so much stupid shit going on nobody will care about this

Also no battlements protecting your siege weapons because you never know enemy will bring their own siege weapons to bombard your castle walls.

Attached: how-do-you-operate-the-new-ones.jpg (770x952, 425K)

HAVE SEX

That's what happens when the writing goes from the hands of a turbo-nerd to two san francisco faggots who think being black is a characterization

What 2004 era Total War game is bottom from

>he doesn't have AIs operating his balistas in current year
have sex

the mounts look stupid

it's just silly men trying to overcompensate for their tiny penises

have sex

lol its so true. GRRM is likely unbeivliably autisitc depraved and genreally peverted. helps him at least make nice stories though

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe fantasy world w/ zombies and dragons

>better manned walls for 70 Unsullied than Winterfell hat for 1mil undead.

Cersei and Euron invented the giant ballista, Bravo Dabid!

>if we want to shoot at troops
To be fair they were installed for just one thing; shooting dragons.

The real issue is that there is no point in siege weapons because all the dragons have to do is fly above the range of the ballistas as they drop heavy or flammable shit down from the sky. Too bad D&D are hacks and don't know shit about warfare.

Attached: 1556792549966.jpg (601x601, 23K)

>using the cavalry dead on
>having no lines of fire or dragonglass or even fucking spiky fences to slow the movement of the dead, contemporary crowd control style
>not staying inside the walls and raining dragonglass arrows
>not having traps where you get the wights walking on oil and light them up
>not having multiple gates to trap the dead in when they get through one
>not using oil poured from the walls
The complete lack of effort is what's offensive. They could have just outsourced this to an expert on medieval battles.

No room to maneuver the ships because of land on left and right.
Ballistas only on the front.
Danny is truly a retard

Attached: IQ-3000-maneuver.jpg (1420x853, 469K)

Retard comes near city walls with maybe 50-60 people.
Dragon is just sitting in place.
For some reason they don't kill them all, with ballista and arrow fire, where they stand.
End of Dragon Queen and her "conquest"

Attached: 1557117158211.jpg (1706x956, 345K)

Seriously though, why doesnt Dany just attack them from straight above? The angle of attack on these missiles is quite limited, there is no way they could angle straight up. We've seen the dragons fry shit from a long way away before, just hover directly above your target and fry the shit out of them.

You would make even worse television than D&D.

see this she doesn't even need to go far above them. she just needs to circle around, outside the range of fire, and toast them.

>fleet misses and now cant fire another volley for some time
>better fly away now

They literally exposed the dream scenario for Dany and she turned away after taking all the risk.

or make night assault during the night and just burn the castle in king's landing.

haha you act like the night is dark or something

They literally could end the war just by killing the messiah figure that is Dany. Of course this doesn't normally work in real life, so I'm not sure why they're trying to use "real life" logic for this one shitty scene. It's established that the dothraki and unsullied only follow Dany, so do the dragons.

Attached: 1557149204073.jpg (770x952, 206K)

lmao

I noticed D&D dont have good understanding of transitional scenes, shit just happens, similar to Walking Dead Zombies, they just popup from nowhere.

Who ever is responsible for logical flow of scenes should be fired.

>weeee
>whoopeeee

>Who ever is responsible for logical flow of scenes should be fired.
this person does not exist

The ballista that Bronn used was handmade by the chief weapons designer. It was pretty cool and had some interesting details on that I don't think could be seen on screen. Lions head emblems and such.
It really fired too, but weakly, so the bolt flew about 10 yards.
Saw it on set, was an extra for that battle scene. What they filmed was a lot better and a more balanced fight than the edited massacre you saw. Lots of shots cut completely for time.

>If I shoot this bolt, will the dragon die?
>It would be extremely painful
>You're a big ballista
>For you

Attached: 1555350033645.jpg (320x320, 23K)

I cant be the only one questioning the force of those ballistas against the ships right? It takes gunpowder to propel a mass with enough speed to punch a hole through a the poop deck of a ship.

no matter what you guys say D&D sometimes nail it with the design. Euron Geyjoy's octopus ballistae were fucking on point

There are there to shoot dragons you retard troops don't matter they've got a bunch of archers and whatever there too

>no matter what you guys say D&D sometimes nail it with the design. Euron Geyjoy's octopus ballistae were fucking on point

octopus - 8 limbs
octopus ballistae - 6 limbs

i didnt count the ammount of limbs. It could have 4 arms for all i care, that was cool design

D&D dont design the fucking props

Attached: pewds nigger.jpg (164x250, 6K)

there is only one dragon left.
Dragon can attack the city from other sides, from far above so you can't see it or reach it with ballista fire (ep3 Dragons were fighting above the clouds)

there is no defense protecting your expensive siege weapons so they are easy target for other siege weapons that have superior range. Like trebuchets used in the north.
(no. you don't transport trebuchets. You build them on siege site. Superior range. You just need to put ramparts, trenches and troops in front while they are constructed.)

Design is bad and you should feel silly trying to defend its existence.

noooooooooo my plothole!

They killed a dragon with one in the last episode, they work

Where's the ammunition for reloads? Why isn't it right next to the thing?

>those ballista bolts look the least bit armor piercing compared to the first one.

why would you need to reload something you cant even fire?

on the ramparts below
because of high IQ reasons

How the fuck do you even aim this? How do you reload it?

Attached: 1513265018850.png (549x560, 258K)

It's a fantasy show with dragons, nerd. They probably have their own dragons who reload them

TURN YOUR
R
A
I
N

OFF

Those are literal anti-aircraft guns, what the fuck

Attached: 1431349738819.png (752x941, 450K)

Try to make sense the next time you post

And to think, they could have fixed this just by adding some ladders or big stools next to the ballistae.

Attached: channard.jpg (854x480, 61K)

They probably aren't too concerned with a few autists pointing out minor flaws online

look at the heads brainlet

based retards

Look mom. I made a post

Nice sweetie. Now go to sleep or no tendies tomorrow. I'm going to play with your stepdad.

this bothered me more than the shitty battle of winterfell plan
at least there you can maybe believe they just had a shit plan and underestimated the dead, but to think that a bolt fired from a balista would just shatter sturdy wooden ship hulls is laughable.
just the physics of it alone is absurd let alone the fact that they seem to reload in no time.
the writing for the close of the series is truly awful

A huge steel arrow is still lighter than a cannonball.Depending on the mechanism used for the creation of torsion it could launch a steel arrow with quite a bit of force.But honestly it should not be able to produce enough force to punch a hole in a ship that was very far away and with the speed it was shown.Just dramatization