Why did DC lose the franchise war? Marvel just brought out the highest grossing movie ever

Why did DC lose the franchise war? Marvel just brought out the highest grossing movie ever.

Attached: 1525162621-Avengers-Justice_League.jpg (600x450, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/lawsuit-captain-marvel-shazam-superman-comics-dc-superheroes-2019-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many times have we had this thread?

lower quality productions and and less coherent writing and pacing in general. they still have better heroes and lore to draw from tho.

they don't have any writers and just decided "hey, marvel is doing this whole cinematic universe thing let's do that too"

Justice League couldn't even beat Thor.

The real version of Justice League would have shat all over Endgame. It wouldn't have been more succesful but it would sure as hell have been a better movie.

>literally hire a guy who hates superman to not only make a superman movie but shape a cinematic universe, then try to do in 3 movies what marvel did with 6

They lost cause up until Endgame the marvel movies were put together fairly well and held a long term timeline. DC makes some good ones and some bad but there isn't any real timeline with substance. The marvel ones worked up to Endgame well, the build up was nice. But the movie they gave us in Endgame was trash, utter trash.

>The real version
and where is that?

Justice League never stood a chance, it just got too fucked over from what happened with Snyder/Whedon. It's a shame because they had a good cast with good chemistry, the material and direction was just subpar.

B-B-BUT CHADZAM

Attached: 1557103618966.png (668x810, 87K)

Well, the screenplay and the raw footage is probably saved on a bunch of people's hard drive at Warner Brothers. It didn't make it into post production. Which is such a shame. Batman v Superman is the only superhero movie to make my personal Top 10 and the only action movie to make my top 5 of the decade.

some of the movies were good, but seriously how many times do you tell origin stories? That is why MCU did better, it was one big story

Test screens said the movie was literally unwatchable.

no way, B vs S? the best? it was one of the worst. Dark Knight is one of the current best

Test screens are one of the things ruining movies now in general so I'm not surprised. There's not a chance that it could have been worse than something like Suicide Squad, which they deemed perfectly acceptable.

Marvel took 11 years to build their shit. DC thought it would be ok with just 4 years.

I would like to see a Harley Quinn movie but I bet the Hollywood steam engine would destroy that too

They wanted to jump to 1 billion without setting up anything. They even ignored snyder when he suggest MOS2 to connect the world they were building. Execs wanted their bonus, and were too scared due to BVS to use dc lore because general audiences are idiots aka Multiverse (now post endgame will do it).

Everyone associated with jumping the gun should be removed without pay or parachute due to the potential of a steam of billion dollar films, toy sales and other merchandise.

Dark Knight is a good movie on the virtue of Ledger's performance alone. And it's a great performance but the writing is weak, the visuals are weak, Bale isn't actually a very good Batman and that whole hyperrealistic approach is a pointless gimmick.

it wasn't just 11 years, it was making solid fun movies that people would enjoy with likable characters and actors, something that DC never had in the first place

jesus christ you fucking idiot, don't you see that he's a mentally ill snyderfag shitskin? ignore whatever he says

Different guy, Dark Knight is the best but only for general audiences. It does not work for DCEU or any modern comic.
BVS is the closest of an actual comic book film, problem is it required some knowledge either from comics, tv shows, cartoons ect..

They never even got a chance to tell all of the origin stories because they rushed so much

DC has two of the best superhero movies to date.
While Marvel is practically the same as Michel Bay, only with a little more dedication.

Agreed with all u said, but sad to say still the current best, oh DC!

Attached: swamp.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I want to see a Gotham City Sirens movie. It's much more interesting than a Bird of Prey movie because of Harley and Ivy's relationship and Catwoman's with Batman. Birds of Prey is filled with unknowns who never had contact with Harley thrown in.

I just hope they announce some big guns come comiccon.
green lantern corps; also keep them away from earth and earth news.
mos 2 hoping for parasite to have supes use his brain and show fear to the audience.

I thought the Birds of Prey tv show was crap, but the comics were alright for awhile

Attached: Birds_of_Prey_(cast).jpg (269x371, 21K)

Lets face it, most of the marvel movies were better than most of DC's movies. And I think the best marvel movie was Logan, damn that was a good movie.

Attached: 34ea8cff0b6bf3517dfc3aa07a507cc2f820b1a4.jpg (600x300, 55K)

When people talk about Marvel movies they mean movies by Marvel Studios, rather than movies based on properties from Marvel Comics. And Logan isn't a Marvel Studios movie.

Its the best marvel movie out there

DC mainstream heroes are shit and the B/C tier heroes don't receive enough attention.

Notice how Spider-man was not that big of a deal as a movie in the grand scheme of thing (made the same amount of money as the completely obscure Guardians)

If DC ignored Superman and Batman and focused on everyone else, things would've improved much more. Aquachad and Wonder Woman already proved themselves, and I'm sure a Flash movie would also be well-received.

2 DEEEEEEEEP

D
C
KEKS
AND
VIRGIN
INCELS
ON
ABSOLUTE
SUICIDE
WATCH

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-010700_Gallery.jpg (1080x1745, 669K)

Remember when /pol-eh... I mean Yea Forums tried to say that "most" people were pissed off by and not interested in Caotain Marvel?

OH NO NO NO NO NONONONON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

>mfw Endgame reaches 3 billion dollars
>mfw WB pulls the plug on everything related to DC after the colossal flop that was Shitzam and moves everything to DC streaming service

Attached: dabbin on dc cucks.jpg (686x751, 54K)

I don't think it is the use of characters that was the problem, the lack of any good stories is the problem. Look at the tv series Gotham, ppl like it because its story driven. I will admit that some of the character usage in Gotham is for the wow factor but the show proves that DC can put a good story on screen. To point out that Marvel can put out some good tv too, look at Daredevil and 'some' of the Defenders group

Attached: Daredevil_Netflix.jpg (421x236, 6K)

Yeah and real communism will save the world, not the fake communism that ruined countries have enforced

A modicum of respect for the source material.
A clear plan for the shared universe.
Found a face for the franchise.
Stuck to the formula they established.

Because DC tried to slap together their universe in 2 years, while marvel actually took their time. Everything feels way too rushed in the DC movies.

It didn't hurt Marvel to go with sexy man appeal and inpowered women while DC went with dark and evil men and sexy women. DC stuck to the old and Marvel kept up with the new.

Kevin Feige had a long-term plan.
Zack Snyder had religious imagery.

That absolute semen demon on the right, goddamn.

Flashpoint will reboot everything wrong with the DCEU and then you'll be sorry.

Not really sure who these guys are but if:
Kevin is the exec producer for all the mcu
Zack is exec producer for current dcu
then I fully agree

>The real version of Justice League

It will be funny if MCU brings a Justice League better than the original

Attached: Avengers 018-008.jpg (3975x3056, 3.79M)

Zack Snyder was the one WB handed the keys to the kingdom to. It was his responsibility to create their cinematic universe and catch up to the MCU in ONE (1) movie, that being Batman v. Superman.
They were doomed to fail from the start because they tried to do something that couldn't be done.

>le synder cut
jesus christ when will you niggers move on?

Do you have a strange taste or do not know these comics book heroes
That Superman is not like the Superman from the comics and that Batman is not
Let's not talk about Wonder Woman or Doomsday
The film is a disaster because it is a bad movie and completely deconstructs these 4 characters

Good, competition is healthy.
They had a good run, time to shake things up. For good or ill.

I would pay to see this movie if these characters were like they are there

they just need to do a justice league with all of the successful DC movies

Bale's Batman
Juoquin Phoenix's Joker
Shazam
wonder woman
lego batman
v for vendetta

there's your justice league

Squadron Supreme is kino of the highest order.

Attached: Rejected.png (950x988, 1.08M)

the only chance of seeing Squadron Supreme is if Disney adapts Secret Wars 2015

They needed their own Feige overseeing things. Snyder has an eye for movies, but he is no fucking writer. See Sucker Punch. They gave him too much freedom.

Frankly it's better that way. Did you really need another powerhouse churning hero movies like it's made for tv? Chapter after chaper, forced cinematic events. This new approach with one off author focused movies preoccupied with telling a single story could end up way more interesting in the long run.

and they will, first Avengers Secret Wars (3 billion at the box office) then ending the MCU with Avengers Forever (6 billion dollars in 2 weeks)

yeah no, if you want Secret Wars 2015 then you need Doom and the F4 not to mention the Illuminati and the infinity gems

I'm still holding out for Morrison kino

Attached: 1552861520655.jpg (4757x2217, 675K)

Doomsday was a serious goat punch to the nuts, all so they could put a dead superman on film. I bought those comics when they came out, you what, all the characters cried and in the real world it was a comic book milestone. But it was short lived cause Supermen came out of everywhere and damn it wouldn't you know, superman wasn't really dead after all. Destroyed any value Superman's death had and tarnished comic book for a long time.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (197x300, 8K)

And Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn

The way it's always been.

DC owned the movies from the late 70's until the mid 90s.

Now it's Marvels Turn.

The comics were the same way.

>he doesn't know

lmao

Attached: 1552405024720.jpg (497x497, 46K)

i know you niggers, its just F4 and Doom has been butchered by the past movies that its fucking hard for them to make a comeback.

Shazam is good.

>Why did DC lose the franchise war?
They rushed into it at the last minute instead of slowly building it up as Marvel did.

Marvel had a 10 year plan

WB are playing catch up and don't want to put in the effort of making people invested in their characters.

They need an established supergenius, Richards is perfect for the job.
You can even spin it to be cause somehow by research on the stones.

All the marvel movies were pretty good up until Endgame, man that movie sucked with intent!

Attached: 51nDlUyOeIL__SX404_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (406x500, 43K)

Endgame was a big let down

Because they gave the first DC movie to a massive hack, Zack Snyder.

I prefer the subtler story DC is spinning. All Disney’s given me is a ten-year buildup to the most successful disappointment of all time. They fucked my favorite characters and fucked Marvel’s perfectly seamless time travel mechanics all because of woke bullshit and zero imagination.

The problem with the DCU is them not personally understanding their own source material and that for DC film to be success you don't have to imitate same style as other previous successful movies (such as over realistic Batman films from director Chris Nolan).

DC films should be the antesisis of Marvel films. Instead of long series of overlapping movies where in a number of cases the central character isn't even star of their own movie (best example Captain America Winter Soilder and Captain America Civil War) it should be stand alone adventures with little to no story arch tying each film together.

That you can't watch most MCU films by themselves without having already watch a number of other films first to understand it is what I think will badly date these movies in years to come as people begin to look back in ten, twenty years time. DCU needs to avoid that in my opinion if they want to create timeless successful films ...

Attached: clapping.jpg (782x500, 57K)

have sex

They fucked the way the gauntlet works, too. Without even realizing it, they made the solution to every problem

>time travel
>get stones/gauntlet
>call the Hulk or Captain Marvel to use it
>put them back

The stones from a different timeline shouldn’t even work in their reality. I don’t know which I find worse - the thought that they’re so dumb this didn’t occur to them or so cynical and contemptuous of their audience they don’t care.

For lessons in the entire Endgame Time Travel crap see this post:

See this right here? This is the problem. A flashpoint storyline could have been saved for some big event type movie like Endgame with the added caveat of recasting already established characters (when and if actors get too old to play their roles). instead, fans are clamoring for it to be used as a reset button. Fucking pitiful.

DC fucking killed off Superman in their what, second movie? They have no fucking idea what they're doing.

there was no cheetah

Attached: oh just kiss me batboy.gif (480x270, 1.86M)

Yeah but BATMAN IS SO COOL THOUGH

>better heroes
>DC

Sorry no dcfag

kelel
no

That’s the problem. These “fans” are too myopic to even realize what they’re getting. It’s “Legends” being used as a sort of framework for other arcs.

Will this stand the test of time? How does it operate as a single movie? How are the performances, the special-effects, the cinematography, the editing? Does the movie have a message, a theme, or even some semblance of complexity or interest in developing beyond the parameters of the comic panel? These films aren't about satisfaction in relation to quality, they're about satisfaction in relation to pleasure. They're cultural-objects destined to exist in the here and now and then go on to Disney+ in eight months.

Nothing is grounded in any comprehensible reality. They just don't feel like they have to work for it anymore. But it shouldn't matter how it works, right? It doesn't matter if it's a patchwork machine. You're here for what that machine makes: The moments. You're meant to appreciate each one and then instantly wipe it from your memory. If you hold any two scenes in this movie in your mind simultaneously, the whole thing falls apart. It's a film that resists being viewed. It's un-cinema.

I remember calling the MCU a bottomless pit. Well, they finally found a floor. And you know what's down there? Absolutely positively nothing. Nothing in this movie means anything. Nothing in this movie matters. It's the Clorox wipes of cinema, meant to be used once and then instantly disposed of. It's not a movie at all. It's just Content. And now that Disney's one big step closer to swallowing an entire artistic medium, steel yourself for a whole lot more of it. This is the future of film, right here. Void of art, of feeling, of meaning. A black hole, sucking up everything in its path. High Life played at my local theater for less than a week because of this thing. It is actively destroying exhibition for smaller films that, incidentally, are actually good. This isn't an exaggeration, this isn't me being hyperbolic. Avengers: Endgame is a harbinger of decay and doom and death. Hope you enjoyed those precious moments. In the future, they're all you're ever going to see.

B-but PLASTIC MAN and BOOSTER GOLD

Tolkien killed off Gandalf in his first book.

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (321x322, 25K)

Preach it brother! The truth shall be known!

Goddam right.

all capeshit is shit. marlel is just well marketed capeshit

Man Endgame was such a load of garbage

did you just shit your pants, my man? don't be so mad, you still got Doom Patrol

Attached: 1484204128842.jpg (732x920, 116K)

the time travel shit actually made sense (going to the past was treated as going to another timeline and you could fuck shit up without messing with your own time, but you could only go to specific time periods) up until the very end of the movie when captain america went to the past and then somehow wound up in his own timeline again.

If they just kept their dumb time travel rules consistent in their own movie there wouldn't be any loopholes because getting the stones each time would still be difficult, but once they made it to where separate times were no longer treated as different time lines, and also added the loophole of being able to steal pim particles from the past for infinite time travel it just became stupid.

Of course it was well marketed, they spent over $200 million marketing Endgame alone/

Again Time Travel bs lessons

Batman is heads and tails above all other DC and Marvel heroes that he single-handedly elevates DC comics to being slightly above that of Marvel.

>the virgin DC meme maker
>*writes wall of text*
>the Chad Marvel meme maker
>"lmao kys"

Attached: 1419506556492.gif (146x114, 204K)

This, Batman is so cool and perfect and he always wins because he has prep-time and he has all the sex and women and cars and he's just like me because he doesn't believe in God and he's stronger than God and he knows kung fu and can hang out in his basement all day and nobody can complain because his mom is dead fuck you mom I'm Batman

>DC has countless iconic characters that shaped the landscapes of comics and popular culture
sorry I don’t give a damn about capeshit movies but the shitposting stops if you even attempt to troll that Marvel comics are anywhere near in quality to DC.

Takes money to make money, or something like that

lol, DC has never come near the Marvel movies or comics (at least since Marvel started making comics in the late 60's and 70's

DC had some great stuff with Vertigo though.

Except the movie goes out of its way to show this is a bad idea because whoever uses it for big moves is crippled?
The way Thanos was after the snap, and before he detroyed the stones. And this for the likes of Thanos, anyone lesser is more than deeply hurt with thus far no visible recovery, they are straight up killed.
Nevermind that you cannot bring back whoever is sacrificed for the soul stone.
And that the gauntlet is generally not up for grabs at any given moment.

Time travel in the MCU definitely can be abused, but the gauntlet is too much effort for little payoff.

>or comics
Stop reading right here, you have to be a total contrarian to believe this.

>reboots every 4 years because the universe is so shit

meanwhile based Marvel has been on the same continuity since the 60s

No, what you don’t get is the impossibility of ever re-entering an alternate timeline. That’s what they fucked up. That’s what keeps time travel from being the go-to solution for *everything* in comics.

Think of your own path in time as a river whose branches you can travel back to but only explore once. Time travel is paddling back up-river and creating a separate branch by your mere presence. You can’t revisit that branch at a later time, because traveling back there only creates a new branch, one where both you and your other visiting self are both present. You will never again visit that divergent reality and whatever course its future took.

It creates a scenario wherein you *haveg to be careful, because there are no take-backs. What you do is irreversible and whatever you take from that reality is lost to it forever. There are moral as well as metaphysical considerations to take into account. Disney let their hacks make it utterly weightless and consequence-free. Even worse than that, by trying to have their cake and eat it, too, they made some truly ridiculous bullshit possible, like creating infinite copies of anything, even people, right there in your own timeline. No worries, though - you can always take the original back whenever you get around to it.

It’s fucking appallingly shortsighted and dumb. And the “geniuses” that thought up the tech for time travel end up coming across as not even smart enough to see the loophole right in front of them, because the writers were too stupid to see it. That’s just fucking lazy.

because they are retards who couldn't wait to actually establish their characters and settings before rushing JL

The Hulk didn’t look all that crippled by the end. And Thor and Captain Plug-in are both stronger and tougher than him.

>Start again bringing new ideas
or
>keep being the same shit
Wonder which i'll choose?

>contrarian
nice word, have u been to college or university?

Yes, does your family know you are a fag?

>new ideas
What new ideas? Rogal Zorn, the guy who destroyed Krypton?

I'll amid that some of DC's comics got really good in the 80's but Marvel had hit after hit after hit, and the entire scope of all the Marvel movies were good because of it.

Insults don't prove your point, that was my point

Because they started with Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad
When it should have been Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and a Batman movie
Because they killed Superman in the second movie, by a monster that showed up 15 minutes prior with zero personality.

>how to spot someone who was born in the late 90s and knows jackshit about comics
keep watching your Marvel movies

point proven!

You can just say "because they started with Man of Steel and BvS and one was controversial and flawed but decent movie and every single other entry of the franchise took the flaws and tone problems and made it louder, dumber and less palatable."
I could expand on that but just compare the Christ allegory in Man of Steel vs. BvS to see how obvious and stupid this entire experiment went.

still not proving your point

Because B v S released during a time when people didn't believe disney paid the shit out of "professional" reviewers.

Sorta, but then wb kept on stepping in and cucking out, instead of commiting full steam with snyder. Justice League was just Avengers and both sucked. Wb made a retard point and proved whedon was a hack
Not the comics lmao

isn't the hulk's literal superpower that he can basically recover from anything?

How come he seemed more damaged than Thanos who is basically just a strong purple alien

His right arm is half the size of his left, still in a brace, gray and not looking like its recovering. It might actually look worse than just after he snapped.
And we have no idea about the damage it might do others. As a baseline its bleak, and certainly not worth using lightly.
It is definitely usable, but not for any problem under the sun. And if you get something big enough to justify using it, the time it takes to put it back together, nevermind the price, is pretty steep.
So long as Savage Hulk does not come back and regen, and it might even require going higher than that, Banner is crippled. Now that was after he put everything back together, but that is no justification to pretend the gauntlet is a get out of jail free card.

Thanos > Hulk

Attached: Hulk vs Thanos.webm (1020x426, 2.85M)

Steppenwolf was just as boss as Thanos anyway

What point did you made again? I was making a stupid answer to a stupid answer.

Needs to be really angry, which isn't something Bruce can easily get into right now.

Because people who don’t give a shit about comics are writing these stories. The Hulk will remain cucked and downplayed in the narrative so long as Universal still owns his movie rights. It’s understandable, but only if you’re a cynical corporate cocksucker.

that was after he got one of the infinity stones. Anyway I'm talking about tankiness not just physical capabilities anyway. Hulk is supposed to be able to survive almost anything

It was this

What hits are you talking?
i really want to know and start reading marvel comics, i started one and got bored on some pages.

Notice how he doesn't use the stone, he just uses punchy-punchy skills.

>the time it takes
Oh, you mean traveling back and “borrowing” it once they’ve put it back together? Remember x their own bullshit “rules” allow them to dupe it then take it back “ fore the world notices.” They could at any time send Thor back to talk with Tyrion to explain they need one in the future or even visit past-Asgard to get the gauntlet that was lost in Ragnarok and there is literally nothing stopping them from doing so.

That’s how shitty this writing is.

Sadly people the fangays don't want to admit it. It's okay they're kids will grow up with disney and become degenerates.

Here's a kick ass 70's Marvel Comic

Attached: $_3.jpg (327x500, 52K)

because they wanted to cash in on the "team-up" shit without establishing a universe first.

plus, they didn't give the franchise to tim burton

Aquaman made as much as civil War

Ben Affleck. They had a good thing going with Man of Steel. But they decided the DCEU needed some "star power" and they let Affleck in. Drama with him and his Batman has delayed the overall DCEU stuff.

People at WB also did a poor job casting half of the JLA. Cyborg should have been Martian instead. The guy they cast to play the Flash sucks.

They didn't let Snyder finish Justice League.

You havent read Dc right, because kingdome come and swamp thing saga are better than any marvel comic has ever made, but EASY.

1970's
Conan the Barbarian
Savage Sword of Conan
Tomb of Dracula
Master of Kung Fu
Man-Thing
Howard the Duck
Warlock
Ghost Rider
Claremont's X-Men
1980's
Roger Stern Spider-Man
Walter Simonson Thor
Frank Miller Daredevil
Moon Knight
Peter David Hulk
Chuck Dixon Punisher

>Tyrion
huh.
And while they are doing this, events keep happening in the meantime in the other timeline.
And you would need to know precisely where the gauntlet is, grab it and use it. Which is to say, have used it before with the consequences we know of. Unless they somehow know of another timeline the gauntlet is up for grabs for, stones included and no urgency in sight. Which they don't, the only such place is the Garden with Thanos, and he will not give it up without a fight. A fight they may not want to take to him considering what happens when they try.
They get BTFO.
Also, pretty sure the gauntlet in Asgard is fake.

Going to give it a try, if its bad im going to your home and ill burn you bed.

Kingdom Come is fucking embarrassing but Saga of the Swamp Thing is amazing.

Here's another, 1966 style, first Black Panther

Attached: Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_52.jpg (1131x1650, 823K)

Don't remember Kingdom Come, but f'n yes Swamp Thing Saga f'n rocks!

t. DCuck incel

Don McGregor's Black Panther is really good.

Attached: Giga nigga.png (690x989, 1.57M)

Why are you saying such things to KC user? its a good boy.

>kingdom come embarassing
Why tho?

This. Absolutely untouchable. So is Sandman and Hellblazer. Animal Man had its moments as well.

Kingdom Come is only remembered because of Alex Ross' art and Shazam's bulge.

>Steppenwolf
WB should've learned that the world needs more Lokis and fewer Malekiths.

Snyder is a fucking hack who thinks dark and gritty are themes. Worse, he thinks they are strong enough to carry a movie on their own, and that plot is just an unfortunate reality that all screenwriters have to endure. Losing Snyder is the one way DC stands a chance of salvaging the shitshow that is their cinematic universe.

> BvS in my personal top 10
Imagine being this much of a pleb, and openly admitting it. Just imagine.

You won and you still can't get DC out of your head. Mouse Pajeets obsessed.

Not him, but its good. Prove me wrong.

>Hey, Bruce? Just for precaution’s sake, what say we go through the motions of re-assembling the gauntlet and record the time for future reference?

lol, you might not like it, it didn't sell well, but it seems to be standing the test of time. I also like the 80's Ghost Rider over the newest version. The 80's Ghost Rider only went for 81 issues but the Ghost Rider character had a better back story and was more pure evil, too hard for mainstream at the time.

Watching this as a standalone would be the same as reading the last book in a series. It can't operate as a single movie due to the lack of context for the whole thing. Return of the King isn't an entry point for the LOTR trilogy, and Endgame isn't an entry point for the MCU.

Hellblazer is the very definition of mediocrity though. Sandman is great at times but dips really low at others. Animal Man isn't really worth mentioning.
DC's best books are
>Robinson's Starman
>Grell's Green Arrow
>Moore's Swamp Thing
>Ennis' Hitman
>John Ostrander's Suicide Squad
>Ostrander's Spectre
>Ostrander & Truman's Hawkworld
>Englehart's Batman
I'd say Suicide Squad is the best thing DC has ever published.

Attached: Suicide Squad.jpg (1041x1600, 368K)

>Snyder is a fucking hack who thinks dark and gritty are themes
I think they're mediocre at best, but you'd have to be genuinely retarded to think the themes are "dark and gritty hurr".

Nah, it’s a pretty damn good story, too.

dcu doesnt feel like one big universe, every movie has its own style, even the superman movies are very different from each other, the most popular DCU movies are the ones that are more mcu like and ones that get out of gotham and metropolis (Wonderwoman and Shazam)

Perhaps in one timeline but not this one

The story was good, and shazam having a spotlight in this comic made it better.

No it isn't. It's stupid and doesn't deserve to me remembered.

Suicide Squad was damned good, that’s true.

It really is. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I think what people fail to see is that the only way Shazam has a prayer of distinguishing himself from Superman is if they have distinctly different personalities, motivations, and themes. Shazam carried that off brilliantly.

I really want to read something about ghost rider , is the 80s version the most kino?

>shifting cultural tides leading to darker films being less accepted
>trying to retrofit a planned pentalogy into a cinematic universe
>merger between WB and AT&T causing WB executives to make retarded, shortsighted decisions to protect their bonuses

That's bullshit. Zach Snyder was building an audience, getting people used to DC comics adaptations and not Superfriends or trying to rip off Marvel.

Snyder's daughter dies and they boot him from the project and bring in the guys who directed the first Avengers movie. Terrible idea. "We need to MCU this!"

I'm not saying the themes are dark and gritty. I'm saying Snyder makes his movies with that mindset, and it shows. The dark and gritty comes first, everything else fills in around it.

MY CAPESHIT PROFITS AND CORPORATE GROSS FUCKING WOW KEEP FUCK MY WOMEN JEWS

Attached: marvelsoy.png (434x524, 244K)

You must be one of the guys who picked up on the underlying metaphor and got butthurt about it.

>marvel has been on the same continuity since the 60s
*mephitos your path*

DC wins. I'm from the future.

Next stop is Avatar.

Attached: titaniciceberg.jpg (1199x899, 210K)

>I'm not saying the themes are dark and gritty.
You literally just said that.
>Snyder is a fucking hack who thinks dark and gritty are themes.

>The dark and gritty comes first, everything else fills in around it.
If you mean "tone", then maybe.

Based Chad Thanos!

What do you win from this, mousenig?

This is precisely how I feel.

Attached: CC20696E-57FC-4627-B3E1-85E1C183170E.jpg (1200x649, 97K)

How? How does it win?
Is it the Ambush Bug movie?

kino? if u mean original then no, this is the original

Attached: 250px-GhostRider_western_1.jpg (250x375, 36K)

>mousenig
>when Avatar is now property of the mouse

Attached: 1444253675653.jpg (374x347, 39K)

Go for it man.
Nobody was asking about the original.

Attached: Ghost Claus.png (609x912, 1.05M)

Mean the best one.

Salt from James Cameron

Yeah you build an audience by making good films with good characters in them. It's no coincidence the only remotely likeable characters in JL are Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Even then, they're liked, not loved. Being different for its own sake is a fucking joke. Snyder didn't have the directing chops to drive the DC films in the direction he wanted to and that can be seen plain as day in the flat characters, boring stories and hilariously bad staging.

>flat characters, boring stories and hilariously bad staging.
Why you describe MSoyU though?

Attached: 1537360180607.jpg (516x460, 181K)

Johnny Blaze is the superior Ghost Rider. Always will be.

>liked, not loved
Billion dollars' worth of liked.

>wtf a major character dies before he's even starred in 3 solo films, four team up films, and had ten cameos appearances in other movies?
This is such a stupid mentality. Cinematic universes have really rotted peoples' brains.

Keep dreaming. I'm pretty sure endgame didn't even look as good as avatar

I'm the biggest Marvel Shill Fanboy I know, Shazam was good dude.

>t. pretentious brainlet too stupid to understand Endgame

ya, exactly, that series in the 80's was darker than mainstream for the times, now a days its nothing

Mouseniggers will say whatever to justify their McDonald's Cinematic Universe.

This. When a bland character with no personality dies your human empathy should make you feel bad about it, not any sort of connection you've built with him.

oh, yes I think so

>When a bland character with no personality dies
Infinity War in a nutshell. But I guess they reversed everything in the sequel as expected.

This. Nobody cared about any of those people who got "snapped", and that's why Infinity War flopped.

>bad staging

And yet in twenty-two films, Disney has never delivered a fight as amazing as Snyder’s warehouse scene. The only time they even came close was Iron Man, and that was under Paramount. Oh, and a truly appalling number of their scenes are just a little too blatantly just a guy standing in front of a green screen because the indie directors looking for recognition and yes-men tv stooges understand jack-shit about lighting and framing.

f it all, new timeline started

Attached: hulk_thor_0.png (825x464, 519K)

A film can make money and still be complete shit. Take out that corporate dick from your mouth, drone.

Spidey and starlord are good characters with personalities, i hate homecoming tho.

But I'm on your side here, Marvel sucks because nobody cares about it.

This was a better timeline.

Disney owns Fox now. Also, its a Marvel comics character. So still the best Marvel movie

This. Marlel is an embarrassment to cinema. You can dislike Snyder's films all you want but they were always CINEMA. Marvel McDonald's Universe is not even cinema. It's glorified TV. I'd argue even modern television can be more cinematic.

Attached: Marvel v Snyder.jpg (2254x752, 275K)

Will the real David Banner pls stand up

Attached: IncredibleHulk1977-03.jpg (740x460, 36K)

Why did DC changed his name from captain marvel to shazam

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Marvel owns the trademark for "Captain Marvel", even though the DC character existed decades before any Marvel character had that name.

SEETHING DCuck

I think that both DC and Marvel had some hit movies and comics but we all must agree that Avengers Endgame sucked!

Fawcett comic didnt trade mark the name or what?

>The Fawcett character that couldn't be published for decades because DC sued Fawcett after Captain Marvel became more popular than Superman existed decades before any Marvel character had that name
FTFY

Because DC are retards that forgot to trademark his name.

Because he wasn't originally from DC and they sued the creator to get him, which led to the comics being put on halt and giving Disney the chance to take the name.

They did, but it's hard to use it if you're not allowed to do anything with the character thanks to a DC lawsuit, so it lapsed.

Because long ago DC sued a company called Fawcett for copyright infringement, which lead to the character no longer being legal to publish. Years later the name was available and Marvel picked it up. Then DC bought Fawcett and got butthurt when they realized they had fucked themselves over, sued Marvel, and lost.
Justice was served. DC killed the best Golden Age superhero and were unable to claim the name for themselves.

What precautions?
For what purpose would an emotionally hurt character who knows better than anyone the cost of using the gauntlet do this? What is the value here other than creating a weapon for everyone, a very real hazard for the sake of hypothetically fighting an enemy that would grow even stronger with it, and that is already dangerous enough to warrant using it in the first place.
Because if an enemy is Thanos tier, they don't want to risk that. And in the ensuing brawl, who knows who will get killed using it.

June 1941, National Comics finally sued Fawcett for copyright infringement

businessinsider.com/lawsuit-captain-marvel-shazam-superman-comics-dc-superheroes-2019-4

>The "copy" of superman has better score than sups.
Oh-nonono

No jokes too dark and brooding

Who cares! Avengers Endgame blows time chunks everywhere.

The "Superhero" trademark is co-owned by DC & Marvel.

Where's my Amethyst and Constantine team-up movie?

Then they are both to blame for that crap called Endgame

Someday he will have Justice.

Attached: zackshirt.jpg (675x1200, 58K)

I remember predicting that Thor 3 would beat Justice League boxoffice here and having people laugh.

Who's laughing now you garbagemen. Who's laughing now.

What was the series of comics where the DC characters were all Russian based?

Red Son?

Corporate dick sucker.

ya, some of those were good, would they make it to movies?

>blaming hollywood
>not the no talent retards that are dcu

Maybe toon or anime style

It’s absolutely embarrassing for DC that those two movies were even in competition with each other, let alone that JL flopped and Thor 3 made near 1Billion dollars.

dcu does seem like they might not be up to the task, but you know Hollywood would make Harley soft and cuddly pc anti-hero Harley and not kickass batsh** crazy Harley. And everyone (adults) what to see batsh** crazy Harley

Yikes. DC as comics is cringe. Marvel as movies is cringe

Ragnarok was awful. I didn't laugh once or care about any of the characters except Anthony Hopkins who somehow managed to escape from that shitshow with his dignity intact.

That the movie did as well as it did gives me no hope for humanity.

BvS is barely a top ten Batman movie

The Harley of Suicide Squad was damn good but even she wasn't as nutso as the original cartoon Harley that spawned her

>top ten Batman movie
Let's see here
>Mask of the Phantasm
>Batman 89
>Dark Knight
>Returns
>Begins
>Sub Zero
>The Adam West movie
>Batman Forever
>Batman & Robin
>Batman v. Superman
Wow it really does barely make it.

>MUH BATMAN

He's fine but batman has always been about the villains. No one gives a shit about a mortal who wins through "prep time". It's lazy writing and most of all bullshit. It's fun to watch him leap off a building I guess but he's fucking boring for the most part.

>LOOK AT ME I'M A STOIC HANDSOME BUSINESS MAN THAT TALKS IN A MONOTONE MANNER

The fuck out of here with that shit.

So you have no proof? It's just "somewhere".

Use common sense.

After walking home from Endgame the other night, I got a bit sad thinking that it could've been Justice League in some other mirror universe. Though people are praising Aquaman and Wonder Woman, I don't think DC's out of the woods yet and I'm just afraid that they might have missed the train forever, no matter what they do. The only DC movie I've really liked so far is BvS, due to Ben. But now that they're flying 500m/h away from Zack Snyder's vision, I'm not sure what to look forward to. I'm not a Snyder fan, but I think he had some good ideas and perspective, and he has a good eye for visuals or at least his cinematographer has.

Anyway, I think that, now is the best time for DC to step in. Endgame gave closure to the decade-long franchise and now that they're cleaning house and introducing the new Avengers crew, it's not a given that people will like it like they liked the previous ones. So DC now has a potential and theoretical chance, since it's a somewhat clean slate for both studios.

Attached: commissioner hard-on.jpg (361x506, 60K)

Because DC probably didn’t notice that box office of early marvel flicks were minimal and it really kicked in after a Avenger movie which was set on a sequence of previous films.

Use proof you fat fuck.

Proof is a naturalist buzzword. I know what I know what I know to be so because God has revealed it to me through nature.

Because despite hero movies being flops in the past and Marvel finding the right formula on how to make them interesting, DC was stubborn and tried to do shit like it was the past decade instead of bowing down and accepting people want their fair share of quips and engaging characters you can relate to. Spiderman is not the hero people like the most for nothing. He was always relatable, back in the comics and cartoons, at the Raimi trilogy and every new iteration of him always hits the right mark.

They started getting it right with WW though I still think that was a baddish movie. Definitely not worth praising. Aquaman? Aquaman was genuinely good, at least for the visuals and Momoa's charisma; he's strong but you get to see him all dressed up as a biker drinking at the bar and taking pics with fans.

BUT THE MOST SAD THING, hear me out, the saddest thing is that in my honest critical opinion SHAZAM has been the best DC has done.. and it flopped hard because people simply don't trust them anymore, alongside a bad release schedule. So they'll get the wrong idea and stop doing movies like Shazam.
But Shazam could honestly be part of the MCU, that's how good it was. Not good in MCU standards, it'd be on part with Ant Man, but that's much more than any other DC movie can say. The fights looked like shit but everything else was enjoyable.

lol, I think therefore I ... uhm, monkeys think, dogs think, wtf, a lot of things think. I am going to have to rethink that

I didn't go see Shazam but I will buy it, I am sure it will be entertaining enough

The idea of one-off serious movies could be good but DC couldn't capitalize on that either. They made BvS and MoS kinda dark but still for teens. Then you look at shit like Logan, and THAT is doing something truly mature with heroes. I wouldn't complain if we got an M rated Superman or Batman movie, all jaded fighting crime and actually showing death and how life is progressing with relationships and friendships and shit, show some of Clark Kent's daily life. But they tried to appeal to all publics and failed.

Also does anyone else remember the Fox and Sony movies? I think they're at the middle tier, if Marvel is top and DC bottom.
Shit like Deadpool, the X-Men movies (that ignore all continuity whenever they think up of a new good idea, DC should learn from them instead of sticking to their failures) and Venom are kinda nice.

>Marvel vs DC threads

Marvel is for people who like sci-fi
DC is for people who like fantasy

No Batfleck standalone film and suicide squad ruined it..

I can see what you mean. I liked the Nolan movies in part because they were more sci-fi than fantasy.

Which is why, as a DC fan (at least more so than a marvel one) they just bored me, and felt they were playing it more "adult" to avoid cringe.

Shazam did it perfectly by giving a finger to it and embracing the cringe

they rushed justice league

It didn't help that Suicide Squad and the Wonder Woman movie didn't advance the story towards Justice League.

disney? you mean marvel

>It is actively destroying exhibition for smaller films that, incidentally, are actually good.

Release dates can be changed faggot.
If your movie is being released the same week as the most anticipated movie ever created in the history of humans, you do not get to complain about no one seeing it.

Dc heros don’t kill
They are fighting with a permanent handicap, literally and figuritivly

Zack Snyder.
The only good movie in this franchise was Shazam, and the only other two passable films were far removed from Snyder's vision.

God-damnit

Attached: tlzf7otr80911.jpg (1399x1407, 201K)

It may have worked when it was 2 movies. A single 2 hour movie though? No way.

I mean DCEU has literally had what?? 3-4 movies? Comparing it with Marvel who built it up w/ 22 years is a bitmuch

The Snydercut will if they’re smart enough to release it in theaters.

Marvel has better Heros
DC has better villians

Well they don't care about creating timeless films so heres your (you).

Also, i disagree with you. the whole 19 overlapping movies thing is what justifies the Marvel movies. the majority of the movies are mediocre as hell but their existence is justified through the sheer scope of the movies.

>DC ""((("heroes™®©")))""
Flash - totally invincible, only weakness is himself
Superman - totally invincible, only weakness is self

I think you can see where I'm going with this...

Marvel heroes often double as villains too though.

Don't forget a lot of their ridiculously powerful ones are also very gimped by weaknesses.

Superman - just have some glowing rocks and you can kill him
Green Lantern - yellow stuff owns him
Martian Manhunter - show some fire

>Endgame is trash
>Will be literally the guest movie of all time
>Universally loved by critics

COPE

a hero is only compelling as their villian

>DC has better villians
zod was good
lex could go either way desu
doomsday, steppenwolf, ares and enchantress were terrible
orm was fine
sivana was surprisingly good

dr doom when?

Ben Affleck single handily destroyed the DCU. He looked like a giant stupid fatass in the suit.

Why? They’ll just make them niggers and lesbians