Fun fact: if it wasn't for Civil War, BvS would have been received as a masterpiece

Attached: Zack-Snyder.jpg (600x797, 132K)

Snyder still ruined Pa Kent, and Superman as a result.

martha

Nah, Civil War still had a shitty villain with a shitty plan, it only succeeded because the audience focused on the significantly more developed main characters. BvS had neither good main characters, or good villains, so there was nothing to hide its flaws.

If BvS had a developed Superman and Batman it would definetly have had more impact...

Superman more developed would have hurt more in his death

Batman in his psychotic crusade would have had a better journey

fpbp

>BvS had neither good main characters, or good villains, so there was nothing to hide its flaws.
That's a lie, though.

snydercucks out

>Superman more developed would have hurt more in his death
>Batman in his psychotic crusade would have had a better journey
Exactly. People underestimate how much this has helped Marvel in the long run. People forgive their bad villains because the movies focus is on building the hero. Spider-Man only appeared in two movies before he died in IW, but they made the effort to make the audience like this version of Peter Parker enough that when he died it had impact.

Just a random reminder that BvS threw in Jimmy Olsen to shoot him in the face.

They couldn't even say the chick from MoS was Jimmy.

Attached: Jimmy-Olsen-facing-execution-in-Batman-v-Superman-2016.jpg (1400x700, 431K)

>current year
>not realizing yet the greatness of civil war
i really pity deeceekeks

Superman had 10 times the screentime of Peter and yet his death was emotionless

Superman only had 43 lines in the entire movie that he's headlining. Spider-Man was more developed in Civil War than Superman was in his own movie.

No it wouldn't, accept that Batman V Superman is fucking absolute shit and 1 of the WORST CBMs then move on, you stupid DCuck.

that's snyder's genius at work

Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

ENJOY BAN YOU FUCK

What? What did I do that's bannable?

Not really. Everyone(especially/co/) thought that Civil War was gonna be a shitshow, with the worst part thought to be the fight in the airport. We all thouggt it was gonna be a bigger disaster than Avengers 2.

Then the movie came out, Yea Forums saw it and actually enjoyed it. Hell, even I enjoyed it.

So how do you explain it being lambasted since day 1 despite the fact that Civil War didn't come out for another two months?

Nope, if it wasn't for WB suits that movie would have been really great

Had the most wrong opinion someone could possible have.

Nope. People would’ve still shit on it because it’s a bad movie with a few cool scenes that end up being bad because they’re terrible representations of the characters.
>Batman kills people
>Superman is doormat that everyone is stepping on and he does nothing about it
>Lex Luthor is even loonier than his Silver Age version and sucks
>Lois Lane sub-plot is trash
>The stupid future vision shit about Apokolips invading made zero sense in the narrative of what was happening in BvS,other than it being nothing but references to stuff in the comics and setting up future films
>fucking Flash shows up to warn Bruce RIGHT AFTER BRUCE HAS THAT DARK FUTURE VISION DREAM to spill out exposition drivel and more set up bullshit.
>the fucking JL files that only serve to set up EVEN more films and characters are opened up by Wonder Woman instead of Batman.
>throwing in Doomsday and then fucking up and using the Death of Superman storyline too early in the DCEU.
>Lex Luthor lacking any concrete motivation other than “fuck you, Superman”. No scenes of Superman and Lex interacting outside of the third act, no scenes of Superman winning over the people of Metropolis over Luthor, no scenes of Superman thwarting any of Lex’s plans. NOTHING. Lex in this movie just hates Superman because the people who made the movie assumed having Lex hating Superman cause he’s a bad guy was enough for people who know about the usual stories between the two. Fucking. LAZY.
There’s a ton of other stuff that makes BvS a fucking mess of a movie.

You not understanding why Lex hated Superman in the movie speaks more about you, than about the movie. Fucking brainlet.

Yeah but the brunt of that time is spent treating Supes as a symbol rather than a person, which is ironic considering the movie pretty much tells you you shouldn't do that.

imbecile speak for yourself

Eisenlex is one of the best movie villains of the decade

You’re such a fucking hoe, I love it

Falseflag.

>Superman had 10 times the screentime of Peter
Not really. They each had one solo movie, Peter's cameo in Civil War had a dedicated set up scene, and Peter didn't die until the end of Infinity War. BvS was ostensibly a Batman movie.

You know, all this "God didn't save me while father was abusive. Must kill the God." thing is not deep, it's just same shit with Black Manta's "Aquaman didn't save me while rapeti rapey assfuck. Must kill the sea." Maybe it's not we are brainlets, but Lex is full autismo?

>Eisenlex is one of the best movie villains of the decade
Imagine hearing this IRL

Attached: incredulous empress.webm (204x220, 220K)

It's not about God at all. It's about Lex believing that genuine goodness and power don't mix, because you're either stupidly good and powerless as a consequence of your naivety, or you're cruelly smart and powerful as consequence of your ruthlessness. You're either playing or being played. That's the nature of the game.
So based on this philosophy Superman could have only be a farce playing the same game as everyone else and that irked Lex because Superman was playing in his field.

No, is just Snyder that is a hack, he always try to make his movies deep but in the end it always end up less deep than the average MCU or Transformers movie.

>You must do shaddy things to get a position of power so to be a great politcian/businessman you can't be a saint
Ok, that's logical
>So Superman must be an asshole because he's like a really, really phisically strong dude, he can like lift a car.
?????

You guys that are dumb as a bag of rocks and take everything a character say at face value.

It was not about Superman just having super-powers, but Superman trying to present himself as a benevolent figure out merely to help and everyone buying it and praising him in return. That's what pisses Lex off, because that's exactly the game Lex was playing with his Google-like tech giant company and his very woke and down to earth persona.

So Lex sets out to discredit Superman, steal all the kryptonian shit, and force Superman to prove to both of them and everyone else just how selfish and vain Superman really is.

It's more that God/Superman/power are symbolic of his father. His father had power over him and abused him therefore people with power are dangerous.
But really it's all about Snyder stroking himself that his genius scares people and that's why people hate his movies, because muh Rand.

You're completely wrong. You're taking at face value what the character is saying, this in a movie dealing about projection. None of the characters in the movie are being truthful to others and honest with themselves. They're all projecting their own demons unto someone else and demonizing whoever that person is, instead of looking inward and dealing with the real issue.

Lex himself, for example, is essentially doing what his own father did with him. His father named the company on him and presented himself as a great father for the investors and the media, but in reality was an abusive father and a ruthless businessman who used his own son and false image to get further in the industry. Lex grew up then, took the company from his father (it's left up in the air if he killed his father as well), made it bigger than it was, and now presents an image of a approachable and socially conscious businessman who cares about his employees, his consumers, and the world in general, when in truth he's a ruthless businessman as big as his father vying power and control over everyone and everything. He's the same as his father. Even his relationship with Doomsday is mirrored.

If that was bannable then explain OP's post.

>fun fact

Attached: Ocean Pacific.jpg (499x296, 21K)

>if it wasn't for this movie being good, this shitty movie would have been liked

That's not how it works, bangladesh.

>because Superman was playing in his field.
But when did that ever happen? They didn't even interact before that.

None of them were masterpieces. BvS was better directed, but had a shittier plot. Civil war was just average and forgettable.

Evil Mark Zuckerberg was bad.

You know there's a difference between a fact and an opinion, right?

For example, this is an opinion because it is not backed by any form of evidence or facts beyond you wanting it to be a fact, which does not make it a fact.

But... BvS came out before Civil War and was fucking panned back then. I'd argue the opposite: Civil War was seen as such a big deal only due to the failure of Batman V Superman more than anything else.

Why do people think that Zemo planned everything that happened? Are you retarded or something?

...Civil War was released two months after BVS.

>Civil war was just average and forgettable.
user, you god damn retard

People really think that? It's retarded. Zemo was obviously winging it from the beginning, his whole plan amounting to "find the video of cap's friend killing Tony's parents, shows it to Tony and watch as this drives a wedge between them".

The absolute desperation of DCEU fans.
So sad. So pathetic.

Oh no! Not JIMMY OLSON!

Snyder Bros are pretty stupid and nonsensical, so they should just be ignored.

Zack Snyder is one of the few good guys left in the movie industry if we're being honest. I always hated how all this comic book shit is such sanitized kiddy shit. Like what if Spider-Man was a pedophile? Now we're looking at something raw, real and provocative. He saves the city but he also abuses children. It has ambiguity.

Imagine still being a Snyder bro in 2019 when the rest of the company and world have moved on.

And yet, Lex is right.
Superman is stupidly good and his naivety made it so that he as able to be jerked around the second his women got taken from him. Lex played him like a fiddle.

>If not for Civil War, bad movies would be good

Sure, and Shazam will crush Captain Marvel and make a billion

Attached: 1544757649303.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

>if it wasn't for a movie that came out months after, BvS would have been well received
How the fuck are Synderfags still a thing?

Well he's not exactly wrong

Without Based Marvel most people wouldn't know what GOOD movies are so garbage like DC might've been better recieved

Attached: DooT330X4AAxOFN.jpg (749x697, 69K)

I think they're panicking since it finally got through their thick skulls to their tiny brains that WB is getting rid of everything before Shazam except Gadot, Mamoa, and Robbie

Opened thread to post this.

No.
Snyder didn't get Superman and his movies are all terrible.
You dipshits have been embarrassing yourselves for years.
Hardly anyone thinks civil War was a masterpiece- it was just a very good "popcorn" flick. Nothing about it changed the game for BVS or anything else.

Zemo was a great villain with a great plan. Literally name one (1) thing wrong with him.

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO POST THIS FOR YEARS

Attached: планлекса1.jpg (1200x665, 175K)

Attached: планлекса2.jpg (1200x691, 182K)

>Literally name one (1) thing wrong with him.
He didn't wear the mask.

Attached: планлекса3.jpg (1199x550, 140K)

Yeah, the mask should've been glued to his face and he should've been looking for the super glue to glue the whole world as revenge, and the Avengers would have to consult Paste-Pot Pete for help. This has actually happened in the comics.

>Nah, Civil War still had a shitty villain with a shitty plan

>Step 1: Find whereabouts of Bucky because he probably knows where evidence of the Stark murders are.
>Step 2: Frame him for a high profile attack to get him out of hiding
>Step 3: Get close to Bucky and use the trigger words to make him spill the beans
>Step 4: Travel to the base where the evidence is located
>Step 5: Email it to Stark and watch shit blow up
>Step 6: Oh Stark, Bucky, and Cap followed me here, I'll just show it now

That's literally his entire plan. Straight, simple, and to the point. It's not overly convoluted and stupid like Lex's was.

>This has actually happened in the comics
Sounds Oscar worthy desu.

Even Xanatos would find this complicated

zack == GOD

Why are Zack Snyder fans crazy? He makes a couple of mediocre movies, and now he's Jesus. Fuck off.

underrated

Attached: 1529186785454.png (308x281, 88K)

BvS had most of the same strengths and weaknesses as The Last Jedi.

Critics who hated BvS but loved TLJ are fuckin' hypocrites.

The only minor niggle is that he wasn't more explicit in the fortunate timing of step 6. I wish he'd had a simple line to clarify that, something like "I had one final step to the plan. 20 more minutes and it would be too late, but that doesn't matter any more, because you've just brought me everything I need." (cue tape being played)

>oh wow, DC actually kills characters unlike marvel!
>it is actually just the name Jimmy olson and it doesn't matter

jolly rancher

My biggest gripe with Last Jedi were the misguided attempts at comic relief which were obviously put in to appeal to really young kids. But apart from that I liked both TLJ and BvS.

And the critics biggest problem with BvS was lack of comedy.

I like parts of TLJ and find other parts terrible. BvS is awesome, but also has some terrible parts.

Overall, I think BvS is a superior film.

the real beef is that lex wants to BE 'the superman', and the existence of an alien with superman's powers makes a mockery of him and his motivation.

lex's nonsense about gods and demons is how he justifies his egomaniacal desire to prove himself superior to anyone with merit.

lex's motivation is to destroy and supplant the superman.

to destroy superman's will by forcing him to act against his own interests and kill batman.
to destroy superman's image by publicizing superman's murder of a human hero, who has made a turn for the worse but is a longtime vigilante and protector
to destroy superman's body with the kryptonian killing machine (lex adding his own blood is just adding a personal touch)
to supplant the superman by destroying the kryptonian doomsday by being the only living person who has figured out that kryptonite even exists.

it's a wacky convoluted plan but his motivations make sense. lex luthor is a brilliant egomaniac.

Yes, I think I can agree with that.

Someone agreed with a controversial opinion on the internet...
I don't know what to do.

>what if Spider-Man was a pedophile?
tbqh, spidey-horror movie could be fuckin kińó

BvS would have been a great movie had Hack's only involvement had been watching the finished movie in a theater with the rest of us. It was so bad God made his daughter kill herself.

But this literally isn't true: Luthor's plan had multiple backups.
If Superman kills Batman, he reveals it to the world which makes it hate Superman even more.
If Batman kills Superman, that's the end of that. If Doomsday kills Superman, Luthor assembles the League which he was obviously keeping tabs on to stop Doomsday, which still puts him on top.
The only problem with Luthor's plan was that he didn't expect the two to kiss and make up.

Comparatively, the only way Zemo's plan was going to work is if he read the script.

Except for the fact that the only way he could have gotten Cap and Tony to fight is if Tony was the only one in the room outside of Cap and Bucky.
Email wouldn't work because there'd be even more people holding Tony back.
Seriously, imagine if Rhodey was there. Or Vision. Or Wanda. Or even Ant-Man. If literally any of the people outside of the four people that were there excluding Zemo showed up the fight doesn't happen. Hell, imagine if Tony doesn't even show up. That'd be awkward as hell for Zemo.

BvS would continue to be a THREE HOUR LONG "Martha??" joke with THREE DREAM SEQUENCES and the social network Lex doing the stupidest shit.

>masterpiece

Attached: ha! Ha! HA! .png (603x462, 652K)

Civil War had a bunch of stupid plot contrivances
BvS was just stupid

That's like saying the shit I took last night is better than the one I did today

I am sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.
I hope you enjoyed one of the other DCEU movies more.

Attached: Whatever..png (395x338, 121K)

>If Superman kills Batman, he reveals it to the world which makes it hate Superman even more.
Luthor is still fucked.
>Luthor assembles the League
I'm sure Deathstroke would do a great job at stopping Doomsday

>If Doomsday kills Superman, Luthor assembles the League which he was obviously keeping tabs on to stop Doomsday
Well, that's certainly a first. Amazing that after three years you guys are still making up new bullshit, you put more thought and creativity in defending the movie than anyone involved did in writing it

Attached: ooo.png (359x463, 152K)

He means the Justice League.The Meta-Human Thesis, remember?

I like how none of that actually contradicted my post. Besides saying the movie is about Snyder's delusions of grandeur is hardly taking it at face value.

This isn't new at all. Why do you think Luthor made logos for everyone?
He wanted to assemble the league under his thumb to stop the threat he himself created. That's not a logical leap. That's classic Luthor.

>Why do you think Luthor made logos for everyone?
Because the sequence was nothing more than a very awkward ad for JL?

Attached: 585BA995F09346A0A8BD2228E5C05F22.gif (156x267, 61K)

lol

It's been 3 years since that turd of a movie came out and people like the OP can't let go of its failures.

Time to grow up.

>Evil Mark Zuckerberg

How can you tell the difference?

>They'll release the Snyder Cut any day now

Attached: 598f00d27a12f1ae4aeb1b310a8328e8.jpg (498x276, 43K)

He movie was deep thou, this single shot is more deep and more meaningfull that the entire mcu combined

Attached: 1552688420351.png (1600x900, 1.26M)

>enjoying diarrhea
sasuga deeceekek

Go damn it, Linkara.

>not just making a 2 part version of a live action i know the animated version exists dark knight returns

we could have had capekino, we could have chosen to live

Attached: EVENTS ARE OCCURING.png (720x720, 907K)

A physical fight isn't necessary for Zemo's plan. All he cared about was tearing the Avengers apart from the inside out. Cap and Tony having some intense drama is enough to break the team apart as was shown earlier in the movie.

>BvS had most of the same strengths and weaknesses as The Last Jedi.

No it didn't

Lmao
>That shitty CG

If that were true, then public opinion would have changed for the better by now.

Yeah, FUCK having a character who Superman can act like a normal person around who's not Lois Lane! He should just be Superman all the time!

Attached: superman jimmy human for a day.jpg (2271x1600, 1.07M)

A much bigger issue is how absurd it is that the tape even exists and was in Hydra's hands. But, it's only a problem if you think too hard about it.

It has thou, I've seen many people defending and appreciating BvS more than before.

Bvs was a masterpiece in the genre. I don't know what kind of imbecile you have to be to both like superheroes / comics and dislike bvs

We are legion

Nope i like his visuals style and concept but when tries doing complex plot it ends up a mess

Ooo, that's a good point. Not outrageously impossible, but it's a bit of a contrivance that Bucky/Hydra not only tracked down the tape somehow, but kept it instead of destroying it.

Bruce needed to be in his prime. Not an old man. I still hate that they went with that idiotic idea.

yeah man like what if plastic man was a rapist lol whoa sweet.

In absolute numbers perhaps, but proportionally the love:hate ratio of BvS doesn't seem like it's changed all that much

I dislike Civil War but Zemo was actually one of the better parts. He should have gotten more development but that applies to basically every character except Steve, Tony and maybe Wanda

I went into BvS hype as fuck specifically because I thought they cast Eisenberg so that they could play Lex like Evil zuckerberg, and I was really fucking disappointed because he absolutely wasn't

If they had actually gone complete autistic Zuckerberg with Lex, it would have been dope, but instead they just made him unhinged and constantly thirty seconds away from breaking into maniacal laughter.

The piss jar was pretty funny in terms of how ridiculous it was though, that alone was probably worth the price of admission

zack = new god

That was one of the best ideas. Also he aged like wine. He was in his prime physically and completely wrecked psychologically.

That's not classic Luthor, that's Maxwell Lord.

pls no bully based plas

Snyder has a director's cut festival this month.
If they release it anywhere, it'll be there.

Oh, boy, a troll thread. That's original.