New to sports. How do I get into MLB?

New to sports. How do I get into MLB?

Attached: 1200px-Major_League_Baseball_logo.svg.png (1200x649, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UdsVO7HaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=QnQo74sWY5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4oHgYDNzZj8
youtube.com/watch?v=aTDBP_PU1No
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was reading baseball encyclopedias when i was 4 so can't help you

Start playing teeball at 5
Collect baseball cards
Pursue The Pennant

Attached: F08553E4-4825-4C97-9BCB-7CA38831D223.jpg (474x315, 30K)

Don't, our league is shit now. Sports entertainment, literally rigged games.

find a team you like
watch Ken Burns baseball documentary
learn the stats and what they entail
sit down and watch the game with a cold one

I'm not sure how to find a team I like. No one in my family likes baseball so I can't go the traditional route. I literally found out today the Yankees are the most hated. I know nothing at all besides the basic fundamentals about the game, but it does interest me.

>New to sports
Lose weight, if you're new, you're definitely a fat fuck.

Find team based on location or whatever. Read wikipedia of said team.

welcome home...to the central broship...

Where do you live

In a state without a MLB team. Closest to Astros, but there seems to be some spicy drama going on about them.

I feel like for clarification on this thread. I've no interests in playing, just watching.

Louisiana?

find a close minor league team. it's fun to follow prospects who make it in the big leagues. You'll probably develop a natural affinity for their affiliate

practice, practice, practice

Keep your head in the game!!!

If you care at all about game threads and posting in the baseball general (genny) with your good friends on Yea Forums then you should follow the Cubs. We are a plucky underdog this year but we have the best fans. The players put in #work around the #clock. Out there straight up #grinding for a #W. Much respect to ya!

Baseball is a sport you have to play to appreciate. People say it's boring, but if you've played it you can see that it is not boring at all.

I played baseball for 15 years and I am able to watch an MLB broadcast and not be bored.

Pick the Yankees dont listen to these guys who are gonna give you pipeline dreams of championships by rooting for shit teams just cause they have "::"soul"::" pick the yankees and you'll be able to root for a team that will eventually is guaranteed to win it all again because the owners actually give a fuck about their team winning not like every other team In their division who basically shrivel up and accept that they will never be as great as the yankees so they lose before the first pitch is even thrown.
Tl;dr pick the Yankees nigger

what do you want to get out of a sport?
>most fundamentally basic sport, huge international participation
soccer
>huge roster, complicated rules, clever strategy/coaches play chess
american football (NFL season starts in september)
>clever plays, small roster, big names
basketball (nba is about 2/3 through the 2019-2020 season)
>statistics, steady pace, minor thrills, radio or background tv
cricket (a commonwealth/british colonies summer sport with a short 3hour version Twenty20, 1day version ODI, traditional premier 5day version Test Cricket)
>big hits, no protection, clock doesn't stop
rugby union (super rugby is about 1/3 of the way into the 2020 season)
>grass, bumps, no protection, no stops, no offside
australian football (season starts late march)
>lightning quick, no offside, big bumps
ice hockey (winter sport obviously)
>pub games, leisure sports
snooker, darts, golf, bowling

Gambling. It's all gambling now. Sports are dead.

Attached: XI5FUcP.gif (480x270, 659K)

>didn’t win a championship in the entire 2010s decade

Attached: 5556A5EC-03F9-4425-89D8-5C2B1841B153.jpg (534x627, 161K)

nothing feeds autism and a gambling addiction like baseball

Attached: 58AF071F-E840-466B-BF41-19E3CFF8A1DE.jpg (450x600, 57K)

Is this THE thread?

Baseball is about going from 0-10 in excitement at quick junctions

youtube.com/watch?v=-UdsVO7HaJg

That's not true at all

youtube.com/watch?v=QnQo74sWY5Y

acquired taste so it might be hard for you, i'd recommend reading the history of the sport if you're up for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4oHgYDNzZj8

I wouldn't call that game 0-10. That whole inning had me boiling. Also a good example of the crowd influencing a game. The >rags were shook when the crowd started to pelt them with beer and that's what led to the awful fielding.

The only way I can get my friend to watch games is if he has money on them. He has favorite teams but even when we talk sports it's just about his gambling

here's a better example of 0-10
youtube.com/watch?v=aTDBP_PU1No
the wrigley roar

I watched that entire game live. It was fucking awesome.

play catch with your dad or youll never get into it

>because the owners actually give a fuck about their team winning not like every other team In their division who basically shrivel up and accept that they will never be as great as the yankees so they lose before the first pitch is even thrown

*continues to buy other players and not make the WS since 09*

also, avoid /mlb/

It's been driven to shit by discord faggots

Unironically play The Show, I haven’t played it in years but vidya is a good way to get a grasp on rosters and basic concepts. Root for the cubs

What's this?

For me, it's the 2020 world Champion Angels.

What do you think of the designated hitter rule?

I actually would prefer pitchers having to hit, but the team I like is in the AL, so I've lived with the dh my whole life.
I don't care if it's usually a free out, that makes a pitcher that can hit so much more valuable and fun to watch. It is pretty shitty when a pitcher gets injured swinging or running, though. But for fucks sake, they're professional athletes and should be better prepared.

Watch the 1993 world series and pretend you're Canadian.

come shitpost in the yankee threads with us in a few weeks

idk how baseball works, how do i get into it?

are you 70+? you'll fit right in

Just like cricket but slower.

Just shitpost and catch what you can on telly. Rizzo & Bryant were a laugh yesterday.

Attached: B24C3793-B150-49B7-AD37-EE75F85A8E9F.jpg (471x800, 54K)

Find your local radio station that has MLB games. It's a radio sport first and foremost.

That'll determine who you support. Go on YouTube and find highlights, Jomboy is also a good channel.

This

>This
Why this?

what if the team i watched all the time as a kid was not my local team?

Go back in time 20 years to when 90% of the league was "secretly" breaking the rules and it was for the most part an even playing field
No point getting into it now that the commissioner lets just one or two teams cheat and uses the umps to rig the playoffs

i don't understand why you want advice on getting into a specific sport. just watch a bunch and follow whichever you enjoy. why specifically MLB? what's the ulterior motive?

This is the tip of the iceberg. It honestly takes years of saturation. Tbf the easiest way to enjoy is go to a game. (even women enjoy going to a baseball game)

>uses the umps to rig the playoffs
I noticed that in the World Series. Massive strikezones for the Asstros to go with their other bullshit. Amazing what the Nats did.

Ehh the Nats run was pretty questionable too, but yeah I remember those Texas sized strikezones the Dodgers had against the Astros. The Cubs run through the NL was laughably rigged as well, but they ran into an absolute meme team in the WS and the umps weren't even needed there

This. Baseball is one of the hardest sports to git gud at as a fan. But when you're really immersed in the game and understand all the nuances there's no more fun sport to watch. You can see things coming before they happen. Even on TV you can see a ball leave the bat and immediately you're saying "that's a gapper" or telling the ball to "get down" for a single before the camera even switches to the flight of the ball. It's rad.

watch nhl instead it's about to get real good

>watch nhl instead it's about to get real good

Attached: 1562576210599.gif (326x192, 41K)

>cusb

Same as any other sport, with the exception that baseball on the radio is really amazing. Start listening to and watching the team whose radio/TV coverage you can access the most easily. Find out what appeals to that team's fans and see if it appeals to you too. At any given time there's bound to be something unique to every team that is worth following, even if it's as simple as regional pride.

>league knows teams are cheating
>does nothing
>no real punishment
>cheating teams just happen to be in major markets

Cubs fan here.

Attached: kschwarb.webm (960x540, 1.93M)

Best game ever crafted

don't nerds have ruined the game

He’s one based Heims and Teboq poster.

Cool.

Craft beer.