Zidane the footballer

Zidane the footballer.

How good was he?
>zoomer spee didn't see him play

Attached: 29847811a7b743c946de9dc94b3f599b.jpg (384x342, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bkeaw6ooyz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sleepy except in a few big games. two participations at world cups, two red cards.

Meme, only popular because of his catchy name

Best player at the 2006 world cup, performed in big matches

I'm a zoomer and I saw him play against Italy in 2006 ;)

Opposite of Messi, GOAT in biggest matches, often invisible against league shitters

Attached: 1576929364075.png (500x500, 112K)

He was great but the myth surrounding him is a bit ridiculous. The World Cup and Euro really increwased his status. He was nothing special club level

based

Amazing when he had his day youtu.be/bkeaw6ooyz0

Is VAMOS the formula for eternal youth? He looks exactly the same in this photo as he does today.

he was so amazing during this world cup

quality player. bare tekkers.

You should watch Juventus matches 97/98.
And you will just know.

I remember him being the best midfield number 10 player when I grew up. Around 2004, Ronaldinho took over that title.

Pretty good player.

All I remember of him was the headbutting incident desu

kys zoomer faggot. honestly triggered and sickened ny this post

Euro 2000 was prime Zidane. He literally owned the tournament.

Seething trannessifag.

GOAT at getting all of the credit when his teams win and avoiding all of the blame when his teams don't (even for the headbutt kek)

makelele babby

He may have been just a great player among other great players at Juve and Real, but he was absolutely stellar at Bordeaux

goat that makes foreign flags on espee seethe

He was good but he was never the standout best player like people these days would have you believe. He was on the same level as the likes of Figo, Nedved, Raul etc.

He was good but he was no Johan Micoud.

>1-0

fuck off boomer

very good header

>Johan Micoud
this faggot is on tv to talk about football, what an embarrassing fool with zero grasp on football holy shit

Lmfao fuck off. He was amazing at every club he played at.

He got outplayed by Paul Lambert.
That's his legacy

He gets mad every time they have to talk about Zidane. It's pretty funny.

better than anyone around now, but not as fun to watch as bergkamp or cantona or riquelme

ps football died in 2002

must of been really average cosnidering the highlight of his career is being a pussy and headbutting someone on the chest because he was too scared to do it in their face.

i like him
there are biggest clowns on l'equipeTV than him
the poor's man manuel valls for exemple i wouldnt even piss on him if he was on fire

1972, under a scorching June Sun in the French coastal town of Marseilles. Two Algerian immigrants are awaiting the birth of their fifth child. Later that day a star was born.

>He was so amazing during this world cup
He only played one good game against Brazil, rest he was invisible

>immigrants
>fifth child
lol france is ded

he literally killed spain you dingus

Just unbelievably classy and silky.
99 dribbler, 99 first touch, 99 special awareness.

he was the first real big money transfer in football i can remember, the move to madrid shifted the balance of power between the european leagues, italy were undoubtedly on top in the 90s with all the best players but after zidane loliga became the place to play.

as others have said he showed up in the big games, wouuldve scored hundreds of goals if he applied himself every week, most weeks while at madrid he just sat back and let others play the game for him.
watching the best players from that era on youtube i still think only the fat ronaldo had the abilities to still be the best today, zidane always took forever on the ball to play a pass but its impossible to say if he woudlve adapted to the pressure play we see today.

even as late as zidanes era in the mid 2000s, defenders didnt need to pressure as hard, they were still allowed to tackle.

Some North African immigrants like Zidane who are overwhelmingly of White ancestry (Berber+Vandals etc) would be fine so long as forced to abandon Islam.

Zidane would 100% cut it today. He would be an anti press god like Kroos or KDB due to how this guy summarised it Not a shabby passer either.

Very skilled player, good but went missing too much especially towards the end. Most of them end up like that though.

Attached: ZIDANE.jpg (779x840, 122K)

I'd say 2005-2006

Berbers are white?

hes a paki

bump

He was best at Juventus where seemingly no one on Yea Forums watched him play. Which is why they always bring up Halal and then start cope posting.

Spain slipped on a banana

Zidane isn't a moslem.

The GOAT meme player. Definitely an amazing player but overrated by most because (to his credit) he showed up in some of the biggest games possible on the world stage. Lost his country a WC by being based. Slightly better than Laudrup. Iniesta was better.

If anyone says "Zidane is better than Messi / Ronaldo" you can immediately discard their opinion on anything. Even non sports related matters.

underrated by anglos, loved by everyone, go wonder.

peoples who never won an Euro shouldnt be taken seriously

best mf ever
t. watched 90% of his matches

>who is xavi

his first touch was unbelievable, you could throw anything to him and he would make it land well

a good player who played in a team with 70%+ possession.