Why do people rate knockout competitions like the Champions League ahead of proper marathons of consistencies like...

Why do people rate knockout competitions like the Champions League ahead of proper marathons of consistencies like leagues?

Attached: Saten.png (642x803, 380K)

It's more exiting

I think its because to the average viewer, that may only very casually follow a sport, the stakes are more drastic in a knockout. It's a lot of short term excitement.

I’m so le enlightened by le my own le intell- le - gence, fucking faggots

Attached: D0253875-90C7-46B6-B3C4-370B85E64200.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

it's pretty entering

It's another push for globalism. At the end of the day media pushes these competitions as higher than others because once they brainwashed you into thinking these competitions are so much better and higher pedigree then money will just float in. Advertisers get on it faster and ultimately this affects the domestic titles as these teams get more revenue for being good a couple matches instead of being consistent through the competition. Making idiots like klopp look like world class for prioritizing the more commercially viable competition over the beauty of lifting every title possible. That is why Eufa wants to kill your countries league and create a super league that will only consist of the top 4 teams of the big 5. So yeah piggie eat the crap they serve you.

Attached: IMG_20200301_200150.jpg (1480x740, 115K)

because it rarely happens in a league that the underdog wins, last time it was in England with Leicester City

In a knockout competition, an upset can happen more often. Your victory in Euro 2016 is a proof of that, Greece victory in Euro 2004 is another example. Chelsea in 2012 champions league, Inter in 2010, Porto in 2004... see what I mean?

You see yesterday Barcelona lost but can still come back and win the league.
In a UCL knockout they could be out

Test

Because the CL is not a farmers league, unlike France, Germany and England

Consistency isn't exciting. High peaks are.

Because to win the CL you need to be the best team in Europe, not like leagues where all you need to do 90% of the time is outspend everyone else.

CL has 4-5 strong teams year in, year out. It's hard to see a national league having more than two legitimate contenders.

Lose weight. Have sex.

Huh? Premier League is rated very highly, it was worldwide news when Leicester won it

You are wrong in your argument. People rate the CL higher than domestic leagues because it is international competition. But nobody rates domestic cups higher than domestic leagues. The key isn't the format, is the level of representation given

Lose weight fatty

Communication just isn't your gift in life, is it?

Attached: English2.jpg (420x345, 63K)

get fat

Knockout competitions give an immediate payoff, ideal for the more casual supporters who aren't really invested in following a team for a full season.

In the u.s. It's a yes due to the belief it shows you are more clutch in higher pressure situations

Because you actually have to win

because who gives a fuck about following a league where the leader is 70 points clear?

Because I don't give a fuck about statpadding cunts like Messi being praised week in week out for scoring 7 goals against a 5 man Eibar. There are only handful of good teams in every league. Why wouldn't you hold a competition that pits them together?