Did we get too cocky XFLbros?

Did we get too cocky XFLbros?

Attached: XFL Ratings.png (769x367, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xfl.com/2020-schedule
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even with all the attenention it’s getting, any alternative to football after the NFL season is doomed to fail.

>let's make a meme league right after the biggest event of the year
should've made the season go between may and august, when only the MLB is in the regular season

Vince if you're reading this put your league on Twitch you stupid boomer

To be a successful outsider league you have to
>secure talent that rivals the competition
nope
>be located in markets that the competition doesn't have
nope
>have cool/novelty factor and rules that make the sport more entertaining
maybe but not really

a weak 1/3 puts you somewhere in between arena football and the CFL

>...says increasingly nervous yidsney shill for the 10th time this week

yeah but then it opens up right in the middle of basketball/hockey playoffs, Indy 500/kentucky derby/begging of summer activities, and most of all americans not giving a shit because it's summer
>markets the competition doesn't have
it doesn't have direct competition with the nfl more than any football(college etc) in general, and it's nationally saturated. birmingham doesn't have an nfl team but you think they give any more fuck about second rate pro football than houston? maybe a little but they have a lot less people to draw from

Ppl in Birmingham don't even care about the NFL. They're either Auburn or Alabama fans

I thought that was the appeal? I don't into American football, but isn't the point of XFL to just have more football available when the season isn't in play? so you can casually watch this shit until the real season starts?

i thought that was the whole point of XFL. Is it flopping already?

People arent focused on march madness yet. There is still a couple weeks of nothing on. It's just that there isnt a lot of talent relative to the nfl.

Even with decent attendance at the games, I just think people aren't putting it on at home and at bars. It's extremely difficult to get sports fans to care about a new league. People generally stick to what they know. It doesn't help that all of the analysts are basically ignoring the XFL and, when they do bring it up, it's half assed.

Attached: sadstory.jpg (478x463, 158K)

It doesn't need to rival NFL or get NFL numbers. As long as they break even, it's fine. It's good to get some football in the summer as well.

Yea, but the real problem is that the NFL has been around for 100 years. It's older than 99.9% of living Americans. Football fans are born into fandoms. We watch it from a very young age, and are teams are kind of chosen for us. It's like a religion at this point. Try cornering that market.

It's ironic though, because what the NFL did to football is exactly what Vince McMahon did to wrestling. The XFL is his karma. How's AEW looking? Are they looking like a viable alternative to WWE or just another Impact or TNA?

to me part of what makes football so big here is that the season is brief and there isnt a lot of games more than the sport itself is more liked unlike the other big three which are all long winded marathons nobody has the time to invest in. a second pro league(which becomes a third league because of college) is just oversaturation

(((Horn)))
fuck off trying to kill our league jews

probably doesn't help that a lot of scores are 6-6 or 12-9 after one quarter plus and many normalfags don't realize that its not a FG shitfest its just that teams can't convert their meme XPs

Man you casual faggots are going to kill the league. Enjoy your apehoop, cars turning left and skyuuuuup talking about brady l

it's difficult because the us already has a wildly diverse saturated sports scene and being an actual sports junkie has nearly everything you can want

purely american shit i watch
>nfl
>college football
>mlb
>nhl
>nba(at least know what's going on reg season and watch playoffs mostly)
>nascar
>indy cars
>golf majors
>horse shit triple crown

I like football but I don't need an inferior third rate version of it to fill a need

STFU Goodell. Football viewers don't give a single piss about nascar, golf, horse racing or apehoop.

I'm not a one trick pony that likes one sport like otherworlders with soccer sorry. Football is my favorite sport but eventually I want to watch manlet hillbillies tank race in circles or freak niggers shoot oranges for awhile

the ones that don't tend to be casual faggots that aren't going to give a single shit about watching retreads play football either. that's kind of the conundrum here

the market for purist football only fans isn't that big here

nigger you say you don't want to watch an inferior third rate version but you have amateur football on your list

AEW is going nowhere fast.
I think as far as quality is concerned they're a bit better most of the time. But the ratings and interest just isn't there.

SKYUUUP I don't see spring football succeeding. We are meant to only consoom pre-established product Skyuuup. Now Skyuuuup, when I played under John Elway..

Attached: RRO7XZKIDNF2JHCASOSA7ZK7MM.jpg (1200x800, 52K)

Now I'll tell you why the XFL will fail. IT. DOESN'T. HAVE. TOM BRADY! THE GOAT! I don't know about you, but a league without Tom Brady or MY COWBOYS isn't worth discussing

Attached: skip_090616.png (640x405, 230K)

Skyuuup enough about Brady. Let's talk about Kobe Bryant again

Attached: asds.jpg (692x519, 54K)

The XFL is like the 5th league to try this and the second iteration of the XFL. Very recently they had the AAF and UFL both of which were complete flops.

The problem is always that the quality of play is dogshit compared to the NFL and fandoms aren't baked into peoples' lives. Most people in the country have either a pro or college team they really care about, and aren't going to be convinced to pay a lot of attention to teams full of NFL rejects or literal whos who aren't very good. After a couple of weeks the novelty wears off and you realize there's better shit to do with your time than watch inferior football.

The reason why the NFL is a success is the season is a perfect length and after the Super Bowl everyone is satisfied for a while. The NFL dominates all the headlines year-round anyway so its not like it ever truly goes away. The NHL, NBA, and MLB seasons are all too long, especially the NBA and the NHL, where around March everyone is just sitting around waiting for the playoffs to begin. The NFL doesn't have that (yet).

Kobe was great, but that doesn't sound anything like Brady free agency or LeBron James. Look Shannon. There are only so many topics in sports. There are three. Tom Brady, LeBron James and MY COWBOYS

Attached: 3_bk_170613_undisputed_skip_lebronloss_website_1280x720_966258755680.vresize.1200.630.high.92.jpg (1200x630, 61K)

I kind of just want them to get to playoffs already.

>don't want to watch inferior football
>watches PE classes

Couldn't have said it better myself my boy. 5 Goodell bucks have been added to your account

Attached: 5a0477063dbef48a6a8b48e6.jpg (1093x820, 74K)

College is so much better, they have some of the best coaches. XFL is just a bunch of retards running around with no direction.

You fucking idiot it's BECAUSE there's lesser talent in college that these teams look so good. Pretty easy to look good playing Kentucky, the Citadel and Alpine State.

>the market for purist football only fans isn't that big here
Nigga please Football is still fucking KING

>not on majority of highlight clip shows
>more interested in talking about why one NBA player didn't pick another in his make-believe draft
>baseball already has been in spring training for a while
>weather actually getting nice in many parts
>w-why doesn't anyone want to watch our sport?
people have lived with breaks from sport for about 40 years, or at least in the modern TV era. there is more competition for viewer attention than ever before. Back before solid internet speeds, Americans could never watch a majority of international sports, could never watch a game that wasn't on prime-time in another city, catch fights like they do now. Now there is more content and events than ever before, streaming has changed sports arguably moreso than TV changed the game.
XFL is just the next AAF. People were already getting sick of football, the answer was never "more football". I'd rather watch hockey, F1 practice, soccer, golf, MLB spring-training, than I would want to watch the XFL. You have to develop an appetite for football, not get even more of it.

>school has a great reputation and gets to recruit the best talent
>run le option
>destroy Rutgers and UConn 50-0
wow such great coaching

Yeah man, I'm really rushing to turn my TV on to watch Cameron Artis-Payne, Landry Jones, and Matt McGloin play for an objectively inferior product

yeah because it last four months once a week. the other faggots sports seem to think being on every night for 7 months=moar moneyz lol and it doesn't. it just means neets and boomers that don't know what else to do after work other than turn on the idiot box watch it

put the nfl on every night from april-october. nobody would give a shit about that either

XFL has a quarterbakc problem that is why i didn't watch it. im waiting for august so i can watch real quaitly nfl football

Stay mad bitch.

The article is retarded if you actually read it.

What are you doing here then idiot?

can we at least a complete season? i'm still traumatized from the AAF

Vince sold his WWE stocks to finance 2 seasons of this.

>No FLEET
Yeah I'm thinking I won't watch this shit league

Attached: 1549756569912.jpg (500x600, 143K)

It's painfully obvious you know nothing about the XFL and haven't been watching. XFL isn't competing with the NFL or any other football league, and isn't intended to. It's a spring football league, and they've started after the Superbowl, and are ending before the draft for a reason.
>talent
Most of the guys in the XFL were considered good enough to be signed to NFL teams and there are a number of obvious breakout stars in the league who are no doubt going right back to the NFL.
>markets
St. Louis? They've sold out both home games so far. But your whole idea here is silly anyway. Ideally you want to go to places that already have strong support for sports. Markets that don't have football generally don't have it because it can't be sustained there.
>novelty factor/rules
XFL has a multitude of rule innovations that much improve the game. You had NFL people the very first week talking about how interesting the changes were and that they could imagine the NFL adopting some of them.

Stop sucking that NFL dick, user.

You're completely wrong. XFL is beating NBA, NCAA, and PGA in television ratings. It's the most watched sports league at the moment.

Every football league has a quarterback problem. It's a difficult position. Most NFL teams have utterly shit QBs. Stop regurgitating dumb shit you read on NBC Sports.

>lookup xfl
>it is american football by Yea Forums shitters
kek

It’s fun. Screw the (((journalists))))

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.3M)

Attached: thicc.jpg (242x344, 19K)

Failure not allowed!

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

holy shit, imagine sitting behind that pole

How does the ballpark look/feel after the conversion? Have driven by, but haven't checked it out yet.

Is this the whole problem? Dumbass sports retards tune in, see a low score, and think the teams can't score?

you sit on the pole lmao

There’s tickets available. Come on in.

(It’s not that great. I ordered endzone tickets because I just knew. Really wish it was in AT&T)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.64M)

OH NO NO NOT THE GREAT MANHUGGERINO

>purely american
>sport where half the players are canadian and another 25% are from russia or the czech republic

Well I like it.
The fact it currently has 8 teams is nice, easy to follow the league as a whole

Attached: es.png (377x330, 9K)

maybe they would be higher if the sunday games weren't on fucking cable

every time they do one of these leagues I assume it's a money-laundering thing. America will never care about second rate pro sports, and we're not Europe, we do care about more than one sport. When football is over it's over, we have other things to focus on.

I can't believe your country hasn't changed since that episode of the Simpsons fucking 30 years ago

This. The future NFL players are all in college. XFL is the guys who don't even get drafted or who already got cut from the NFL

are you the same leaf that was seething because we still get over the air tv lmao

What channels are they broadcasting the games?

>Kenny Robinson

Honestly fuck college. A lot of them want to get paid and want to be better prepared for the NFL. XFL will start getting sophmores and juniors out of college.

Also quit talking to yourself. Fucking cringe

ABC, Fox, ESPN, FS1. Few games on FS2 and ESPN2.

xfl.com/2020-schedule

(((Horn)))