sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/essentials

>Guide to Football Manager
guidetofootballmanager.com/

>Pairs and Combinations
passion4fm.com/football-manager-player-role-combinations-duty-pairs/

>Team Shape and Mentality
community.sigames.com/topic/401273-what-is-team-shape/

>Team Talks
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

>Training and mentoring in FM19
community.sigames.com/topic/452839-fm2019-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/

>Macca's database
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe ('15)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap ('16)

>FM20 (Nov 2019)
community.sigames.com/topic/492481-football-manager-2020-feature-announcement-blogs/
twitter.com/milesSI
twitter.com/footballmanager

Attached: 038i9c8foz821.jpg (339x492, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

footballoceania.com/2020/03/01/tupapa-pull-out-of-ocl/
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51720134
twitter.com/vamos/status/1234505971990441984
community.sigames.com/topic/513829-pairs-combinations-the-ultimate-guide-released/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone here with a good crack to download the game?

What do you do with defensive midfielders with egregiously low aggression? I feel like he'd be useless as a ballwinner, probably best anchored in the DM slot. His passing is quite decent, should I train him as some sort of holding playmaker?

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 3.19.33 PM.png (1269x755, 490K)

here's a crack: get a job and buy it, faggot workshy australian freeloader

No im not a NEET faggot

Attached: usa world cup group.webm (600x337, 1.34M)

just checked crackwatch and is still uncracked, i assume they just didn't bother

The latest one is 18

>Natural Fitness: 5
just let this kid retire lmao

This seems like a lot

They have not lost in the league in almost 7 years, and achieved a 100% win season with only 3 conceded goals. Also won the last 7 cups.

They barely ever win a round in the African CL though

Attached: Jean-Foutre Pédoncule_ Social Feed.png (1410x983, 279K)

This has been a busy window
The roster was shite when I took control, needed a complete overhaul

Attached: Jean-Foutre Pédoncule_ Inbox-29.png (1410x983, 295K)

haha I would fuck Liu Xiaoping honestly i wonder what her personality is like ahaha

Jesus Christ.

>it's a "maybe next season" episode

Attached: noosecolorlabeled_p.png (304x304, 41K)

Are female assistant faces new as of 20.3 or did frenchy patch one in (I think assistants have a unique ID?)

>promoted to indonesian 1 liga
>spots for non-international players open
>sign young brazilian midfielder and striker to be stars of my team
>midfielder gets injured in the final friendly of pre-season, out for 4 months
FUCK. I was hoping to make the jump to a better asian league before the season started, rejected by all the ones that had open jobs, and then this happens.

4 months will go by quickly.

/////////QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS//////////
edition

Attached: qtie4.webm (480x480, 2.02M)

morning butters

based neverita

Attached: travelling costs are increased for this service.webm (480x594, 745K)

ugly regen?

Attached: 1555998344528.jpg (837x362, 88K)

What I wouldn't give to have her kick me in the balls.

I am pretty sure every single regen for the last 5 years has been ugly

Attached: Galin.jpg (113x125, 2K)

fm19 all my regens are bald, not necessarily ugly but bald

what the fuck happened to the regen faces lads

miles is trolling you

What's wrong with this one? He looks Scottish to me

>not necessarily ugly but bald
But bald is easily worse.

>I'm going to wait until you've made an offer to reveal my clients demands
>offer £1

>accepts

This works on Africans but only if you offer £200.

Upped this boys wages to 300k or he would leave, look how he repays me.

Attached: 1571002186273.jpg (365x157, 23K)

Well now he has a meaty new contract and you can sell him for more money.

Not sure as of when they've been introduced but I did not patch anything

>all of my keepers are injured for 5 more weeks
>the /trb/ league doesn't have rules to accommodate for this
oh no

do any of you have a link to these updates?
the torrent goes to v12.0 and the updates are all on those shitty 50kb/s download sites

Attached: Capture.png (1146x439, 29K)

Buy the fucking game Nicolau

But I fucking have

Attached: wheredid2.png (2250x662, 703K)

footballoceania.com/2020/03/01/tupapa-pull-out-of-ocl/

>The Cook Islands champions Tupapa Maraerenga have pulled out of Oceania Champions League Group C. The announcement came mere hours before the first match was set to take place.

>The reason for the withdrawal is that three of their players failed to confirm their immunization for measles, following the recent measles outbreak in the Pacific, and were therefore banned from taking part in the tournament.

I fucking love this tournament, better drama than any other competition

How do I stop getting rekt from dead ball situations ?

Either by conceding less free kicks or defending them better

After 8 games I sit in 8th place. pretty fucking good start to the season if you ask me considering we are relegation favorites and just got promoted. Also my three toughest fixtures were all consecutive. RBL, Bayern, then Dortmund. And I got 4 points out of those three games which is brilliant. Feels good to have that 2-1 win over Bayern with my striker just beginning to find his for

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.46.17 PM.png (943x842, 381K)

Look at this little Turk, he will de-muttify this team's direct play style and help establish TURK symbiosis for this Darmstadt team with possession maintenance + pass and go style soccer
This is also my third time trying to get him to unlearn the "Plays Short Simple Passes" ppm, he simply won't unlearn that fucking trait despite having fantastic passing

Attached: Young Turk .png (1273x549, 355K)

Mostly of course just stop conceding free kicks lmao. but if you can't then focus on fixing the GK training, namely focus on their positioning and command of area. What is your GK's "rushing out" attribute at right now? Don't wan't that to be too high. Also set team training to focus on defending set pieces.

If you're on 20, it seems that no matter what you do, the AI will always score from corners and indirect free kicks. Your defenders will usually clear the ball to the edge of the box where someone will then score an all world blooter

how do i stop my forwards from gingerly tapping the ball directly at the opposing keeper?

For me, its pacy white british kids i loan to sub in the 70th minute and cross an absurd amount to my striker in a conservative 4-1-4-1 against good teams.
This kid is how I beat Bayern 2-1 and tied RBL 1-1 away.

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 2.27.43 PM.png (1260x543, 346K)

>Mostly of course just stop conceding free kicks lmao
Well yeah but how'd I go about that ? Asking them to stay on their feet ?

Anyway, how sweet is the feeling when your tweeks to your tiktoks finally work and everything clicks and you hammer some shitty team 4-1

>Anyway, how sweet is the feeling when your tweeks to your tiktoks finally work and everything clicks and you hammer some shitty team 4-1

>Game after that against relegation fodder
>Promising midfielder gets a straight red
>Star winger gets hurt for 3 months
>Draw 1-1

Fuck this shit

That's now 2 months in a row we've brought in a whole 22€
That FFP situation will be resolved in no time

Attached: Jean-Foutre Pédoncule_ Inbox-30.png (1410x983, 278K)

>tfw trying to find a good leftback

Attached: 1465191859930.jpg (217x250, 10K)

>can't even win on fm16 with a basic 4-3-3

From what I recall, 16 was pretty simple

Wingers support, abuse crosses, profit

>Mysterious new short term sponsorship gets us out of the FFP hole

Attached: Jean-Foutre Pédoncule_ Inbox-32.png (1410x983, 193K)

give me a comfy league to try
hard mode: must be outside of europe

China

based

>China
>Comfy

Yeah no

Oceania is pretty fun as a whole

>godlike physical and mental with meh technicals

What a waste. (Just got transfered for 101M)

Attached: Benjamin Sand_ Profile.png (1410x983, 340K)

christ that is a fast fucking centerhalf

>only having to give a shit about 3 players per team
>not comfy

I find that not being able to find ONE FUCKING DECENT DEFENDER IN A COUNTRY OF ONE AND A HALF BILLION PEOPLE is too much of a tradeoff

gimme a lower league club and ill turn them into a redbull team

sambenedettese

I am now the new La Masia. My youth setup is looking good.

Attached: youth program.jpg (1366x727, 338K)

for me it's the two actual spaniards lost in a sea of young mercenaries

Well, I actually have 8 Spanish players in my U19, and 23 in Castilla. Most of these mercenaries were 15 years old when I took them. When the time comes they play on the first team squad. They will become Spanish nationals. So yeah it works.

It's unfortunate that he plays as a right back for the Swedish NT.

I am torn between this two on who shall I start on the left. The other is currently on loan at Bayern and will return soon.

Attached: Wonderkids.jpg (1304x768, 270K)

Should I keep this guy as a striker, or would he be better trained in another position?

I'm not sure if his finishing will go up much

Attached: 3e535cc0e432f70513691c665119dd94[1].png (1254x561, 221K)

not fast enough to >wenger

he's a good f9 tho

>having anything but fast CBs

do you even keep your defensive line above the center line

Attached: untitled.jpg (1901x1009, 253K)

You should keep him, his mental stats are good enough. Maybe play him as an AM.

These skins are driving me fucking crazy.

4channer hates skin colors he's not used to

I'm sorry If I hurt your eyes user.

It happens.

Attached: 1473107802159.png (352x317, 174K)

havent played fm since 2007 and this new one is fucking complex as shit
whats the best tactic to use for these guys?

Attached: Logo_Dinamo_București.svg.png (857x1024, 255K)

>FC Dinamo Bucaresti
>not "FCSB"

Before I dedicate my life to this FM save, do these competitions work out as expected or are there any bugs which can invalidate the save?

Attached: fm.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

One way to find out, mate.

>Forge have finally made a signing
>not a Borges replacement
Alas.

we all know some poor dude in his 20s who actually looks like this

What the fuck do you do about players with really low Natural Fitness? I have a regen youth DM who has 4.5 star breaking into the first time this season at 18 years old but his Natural Fitness is 6. How do I tiptoe around this problem?

/trb/

My scouting department has informed me tha his horniness is 18 and one of his player traits is Tendency To Get Boners After Games During Physiotherapy

Sub.

Sub in the 70th minute every game or so? For reference he is this player. Note his low ass aggression too.

If you keep him, sell him before he reaches 30.

you mean 'CS Fotbal Club FC FCSB SA' right?

Where is the instruction for wingers/wingbacks to not blast their 35cm away opponent's tibia when trying to cross ? I can't seem to find it

lads, im getting fm itches again... havent touched it since beta really and reading through the forums a bit, people seem to hate the living shit out of this year's match engine. is it worth falling back into this horrific addiction again? i take it they'll release a patch soon?

Attached: 1002938132.gif (640x640, 3.8M)

>people seem to hate the living shit out of this year's match engine
It's been patched it's alright now

I don't understand why this game is always playable only after the last patch

Rate my shit

Attached: 5343781d3eea857e914f0378a0a9496c.png (654x585, 100K)

keep making my vancover save over and over cause i cant fall in love with the team shits annoying

I did it boys!!!
First good season of my journeyman run, I've got a feeling I might stick with the mighty stranraer for a while :>
After being cheated out of winning the league by terrible refereeing and my perfect morale GK leaving the club when I forgot to renew his contract I overcame the odds and had numerous pennos awarded to me by the SFA's finest.

UP THE BLUES!!!

Attached: srnrr.png (965x306, 28K)

this is basically how the club is run IRL so don't blame yourself

This is absolutely the wrong striker to have in a counter attacking system. he's been pretty shit for me. i shouldve bought some large target man type from the english or german leauge, not this effete hispanic poacher. no wonder he was so cheap.

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 7.32.02 PM.png (1271x546, 341K)

nah, a fast poacher is great in a counterattacking system, but you probably need a guy with better composure

4-4-facking 2

big lad little lad up front

brexit footy wins games

this fucking retard has missed two point blank headers already against my leverkusen fixture at home rn FUUUUUUUCKING AHHHHHHHHH

>DM with low aggression
in the trash he goes unless he can play DLP well

he's trash. low concentration & composure are awful for a stiker. low work rate & most importantly low PACE are killing him from being anything more than medicore at any role. toss him

yeah im about to bin him in the upcoming winter window. I take solace in the fact that i got him for peanuts from Bilbao, which should've been a red flag in hindsight.

>mangasport
based black weebs

I'm still playing 07 lads.

Find a quality left back or right back with good physical attributes, and solid defensively, covert them works every time.

is 20.3.0 the final update or will they be releasing latest transfers in a new one?

Pls help what's wrong with my tiktok

what issues are you having with it, user? conceding too much or not scoring enough? then breaking that down is a good place to start (e.g. what area of the pitch are the goals leaking in from or, if you're not scoring enough, is your striker actually getting good enough chances from central areas in front of goal and he's just shit or is your midfield not creating enough).

overall it's quite an attacking tactic, your front four won't do much defensively (positive+attack duty=very attacking), so it depends on how good your team is. i can see you having issues on the counter though, APa won't defend, BBM could be caught high up the pitch and both WBs will generally be quite aggressive too.

personally, i'd change right WBs to FBs, so he can cover for BBM better, APa to APs (there's already IFa and CFa making runs into the box, so he should focus more on supplying them, rather than being a threat himself) and your right IFs to Ws for some variety (he'll help stretch the defence with staying wide and thus make space for your AP/BBM to run into); make sure he's a right footer though, otherwise he'll naturally drift inside onto his stronger foot. perhaps you could also change CFa to Pa, since you already have AP and IF both looking for risky passes (being creative), so maybe you could benefit from a simple out-and-out scorer, rather than someone who's trying to do it all.

or you could just maximise your closing down, then nothing else matters, because muh gegenpress is broken as fuck.

Attached: 10047299283.jpg (480x360, 29K)

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51720134

>RB Leipzig have apologised to a group of Japanese guests who were asked to leave Sunday's home match against Bayer Leverkusen amid coronavirus concerns.
lul

Based thank you
I was having trouble some games scoring and some goals conceding at least 3...
Played this game so much and there's still so much I don't understand

>wonderkid gets his 2nd 9 month long injury before the age of 20
it fucking hurts lads

"Wonderkid"

5 games in a row I've conceded from my own corner. How do I fix this?

Attached: Raheem Sterling is confused.jpg (800x450, 24K)

Blame all the non-English players in your squad.

>not sending your 6'10 goaliechad up for every set piece

you got to go all in and score before they do, that's the fix.

Attached: Simon Bloch Jorgensen.jpg (300x269, 20K)

>9-0
Guh

Attached: fm2.png (1920x1080, 277K)

Post Odejayi.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (333x500, 29K)

I'm laughing so bloody hard.
>twitter.com/vamos/status/1234505971990441984

Attached: 1492630680047.png (694x521, 457K)

Why is Enganche such a shit role ? Is it just a playmaker that doesn't attack and doesn't defend ? What's the fucking point ?

Every role that has one of those non-english names are useless.

Not exactly
A mezzala can be great IF you already have a great team and can afford a midfielder who will basically do nothing on the defensive side

But yeah it's just fancy stuff you rarely can afford to do

>tfw I tried to create a possession-based team and ended doing over-achieving doing the exact opposite

No idea how, but somehow I stumbled upon success ?

Attached: Chinese Super League_ Team Detailed.png (1410x983, 300K)

fuck you stupid bitch i made my tictok a 4-2-4 engache (4-1-1-3-1 assymmetrical DM)
honestly i play short passing against more direct teams because my CBs are both natural DM's who can pass. i find that engagches have to have 15+ passing and then your striker can literally walk the ball into the net. enganches can allow a possession based team retain possession in the box if most of your other forwards shart their pants and sky the ball into the crowd the moment they the get the ball in the opposing teams box

>Why is Enganche such a shit role ?
Because SI made it a caricature of Riquelme, and on top of that they gave it low Mentality. Even if you had a very slow player with no Stamina, you'd still rather play them as Treq: even if you don't ask them to defend, at least they're allowed to move.

AS Roma and OL offering job interviews

My brother once had a broken tictac with 3atb, 2 WBs, 2 Mezzala and 3 AF. It wasn't supposed to work the way it was but he won the CL on his 4th season with Forrest.

>somehow I stumbled upon success ?
Classic.

>3 AF
there's the reason why

FM17 this was the goat tactic

>Wamyama to the Impact as a DP
wew Thierry

Great signing if he stays fit but if I was a bookie I'd make exploding knees a heavy favourite here

Not a great year this time. Especially after getting a starter caliber player last time. Not even any qt dual national memes.

Attached: 20200303065916_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

possession is a meme, true patricians will always go for direct counters instead.

Attached: 1MOSMR7.png (597x766, 85K)

man, i miss the fuck out of that season. love me some brexit footy.

Attached: Brexitball.webm (640x372, 191K)

a team of defensively solid brutes and a pacey cunt up front will never fail to make me moist.

Attached: Brexitball2.webm (640x372, 195K)

It's kind of nice to see a non-striker sign a DP contract... that doesn't happen often.

Well there was Tim Howard

And Vito Mannone.

Wait no, not Mannone.

I know savescumming is frowned upon (rightly so) but how do we feel about reloading to change the results of games of other teams ?

Attached: 1491694524798.jpg (750x999, 66K)

only permissible if it's to autreload for exciting upset wins

Wait what ?

Attached: Capture.jpg (377x124, 9K)

Wow I really smacked them the fuck around. My regen CAM (B. Alkan) is also playing like a beast. god bless high technique turks

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 6.10.12 PM.png (1434x853, 534K)

>stop playing a DM in favor of a CAM instead
>still play the same direct style with WM (a) on both flanks and a DLF up top
>am a relegation candidate team
>suddenly start playing amazingly better
/trb/ told me that you NEED a DM anchored if you have a shit team though

I'm trying to request more coaching badges but after I do the first message about wanting to take on a coaching course, their first reply to me is blank, and I have no reply options. What do?

nah, it's the opposite really. you can get away with a lot of kick and run bullshit as a lesser team, and you'll be pressed back into your own half a lot so even support-role midfielders will probably end up doing a lot of defending.
it's when you're a top side that you really need a DM, someone who can control play at the back and also allow your wingbacks to push up higher

just restarted the game and reloaded a save from a couple (in game) days before I was going to make my request. Worked fine that time, and got my request. Weird.

my home academy feller might actually become the best GK in the world, though he's a bit of a slow developer (but at least no burnout amirite)

wish I could get his determination and leadership up a bit and he'd be perfect

Attached: untitled.jpg (1919x1007, 360K)

another home academy product. finally starting to have a decent number of these despite years of absolute joke intakes

Attached: untitled.jpg (1909x1005, 389K)

I'm never really sure how patient I'm supposed to be with goalkeepers as far as development goes. Maybe one of these days I'll get a good one in the intake.

Ok that makes sense nerd. My fullbacks are both on FB (s) with out and out wingers ahead of them so playing with an anchored DM held back my offensive capabilities alot

I have a question for you guys about Swedish. Why would the name Kellman be pronounced somewhat like Shellman? I thought the sh- sound was a dipthong relying on Sk- or Sj- rather than just K-.

desu I have no idea but that surname sounds like it originally was "kjellman" and the pronounciation has stuck

Is it a bug to only ever be offered 120k playing / 96k non-playing fees for loans now?

it's your tactics

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Found it weird. Thank you perkele.

whoops I did it agian

Attached: untitled.jpg (1917x999, 357K)

>leading scorer finishes 15th

Attached: 1401061642494.jpg (201x247, 19K)

Rate this shit

Attached: Untitled.png (896x725, 181K)

>WB(au)

Attached: ronretro.png (364x404, 179K)

whats wrong with it and what should I change it to?

Everything, and support.

>Ranking in reserve league
Sounds like Asia. I could've said Sudaca footy but upon thinking about it twice, I don't think so.

It's defensively awful and almost every partnership makes no sense. Go here and read the .pdf.
>community.sigames.com/topic/513829-pairs-combinations-the-ultimate-guide-released/

well shit, last fm I played was 2007,how would you setup this team to take advantage of the available players?
the team is dinamo bucuresti

>how would you setup this team to take advantage of the available players?
I don't know your squad, so I wouldn't be able to guess. You know your squad depth, you know what formation makes sense relative to the positions the players can play or can be trained in. I can only judge the tactics.

it sure aint the greatest, I'll adjust some duties according to that pdf

Attached: fm_2020_03_04_13_33_21_724.jpg (1920x1080, 815K)

Yeah it's China
I've never seen it before, it seems so weird that it is the SECOND tiebreaker

...Sort by best position, and remove best role column. Players need to do what the team needs, not what the team wants. Nobody cares about their favourite role.

>not what the team wants
Not what they* want.

>all those AML's

Attached: 1480959939186.png (568x454, 367K)

this is the squad they have in real life, I haven't bought a single player
If you could fire up the game and set up a suitable tactic for them I'd be grateful

>f you could fire up the game and set up a suitable tactic for them I'd be grateful
No. They most likely have randomised attributes and hidden attributes, so we cannot do that. Those players are unique to your save.

I don't own FM20 so I will go ahead and suggest you only sort by "position" so you can recognize that you can play whatever AML or DM at AMR to alleviate the bias seen amongst your players' capable positions.

I thought real players always had the same attributes in each save

They certainly don't, and that includes non-players as well. You can have every attribute fixed for the biggest players/coaches, you can have some attributes fixed and the rest randomized, you can just have the CA/PA range, or you can also have nothing at all, in which case the people will have completely random attributes.

is this any better?
not too sure about the instructions

Attached: Untitled.png (730x665, 133K)

That central midfield pairing is still shit, the CD duty pairing makes no sense when you're lowering the D-line, stop caring about the favourite roles a player has since it's only your AssMan's opinion of what they should play as, and you should've read the guide.

You should've read the guide and the OP.

I'm trying to build the team around this guy, since he's my best player, what else can I do to succeed?

Attached: fm_2020_03_04_13_59_31_379.jpg (1920x1080, 1002K)

>no money
>gazillion fucking shitters that no one wants

already regretting reinstalling lads

Attached: NlfEavz.png (680x486, 473K)

Good tactics and the team having good understanding of the tactic is more important than a single player. Read the guides already, and be strict with your players. That's it.

this is what I settled on, I'll try it out and post results

Attached: Untitled.png (743x719, 147K)

>playmaker with dwells on ball

never gonna make it

thats his main flaw irl as well
>gets the ball
>dribbles around opponent who inevitably body checks him lightly
>falls over and get a free kick
this happens at least 10 times eatch match,its either this or he keeps dribbling past 2-3 guys then plays it sideways cause there's no option, if this guy knew when to release the damn ball he'd be playing in serie a, not our shit league

It was absolute garbage, I'm surprised we won that shit.

Attached: fm_2020-03-04_14-05-17.png (710x470, 89K)

>5 shots on target vs 14
>win 3-1
the beautiful game la

lads what sort of tactic would you recommend vs much better opposition?
I was doing well with a counter-attacking brexit footy style tactic similar to this in the league below but since promotion I've been getting the arse pumped off me by teams with single players worth my whole teams value
any help is appreciated xxxx

Attached: tictac.png (1070x674, 117K)

wheres the cheapest place to buy this game?

>vs much better opposition?
At those levels, the quality of the opposition is irrelevant and that's not your problem. You have no attack, and you play too low on the pitch. That's why you're getting your shit pushed in. AM(S) with no outlets makes no sense because it's a role that does absolutely nothing but play simple riskless passes, especially in a Cautious setup, ESPECIALLY with "Be More Disciplined". Not that it matters since you're Passing Into Space and with a TM(A), it means the balls are going over the AM's head anyway.

De/St CB duties with a low(er) defensive line opens up the half-spaces when the Stopper moves forward. Focus Play Down the Left doesn't do what you think it does, you should read the flavour text.

>gazillion fucking shitters that no one wants
me and my army of 31 y old boomers with 2.5 start current ability