What's the appeal of college football? 75% of the time it's some shitty small school getting btfo...

What's the appeal of college football? 75% of the time it's some shitty small school getting btfo. And most of the players suck.

Attached: goat footy game.jpg (600x450, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P-zFr1WA0ZU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv48MwEbaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zoom zoom

t. community college degree

I graduated from an SEC school that has been to the national championship. The only reason I ever went to the games was to tailgate and get shitfaced and hang out

memes and looser play.

t. fat

anything can happen
HEART

College Football is just for laundering money
the results and everything else is just extra icing on the cake

big games are big, college football has been my favorite sport for 25 years but I'm starting to have a problem with all the fluff and filler like you are alluding to. I think it hurts it that at it's heart it's a regional sport trying way too hard to be national in scale and it makes games that shouldn't be irrelevant so. there's also been a consolidation of power up top with about the same 5 teams having any chance

>laundering money
to who, the women's lacrosse team?

bookies, who else?

>I think it hurts it that at it's heart it's a regional sport trying way too hard to be national in scale
this has ultimately been my main problem with it ever since conference realignments happened like 6 years ago. i found it hard to follow when they implemented the playoff system and said "lol all bowls are gonna be played in december now, even the good ones". it's a directionless ship right now and it's going against why the core audience sticks around even when the NFL is right next door with a bigger house.

75%? try 99%.

Invred retards from Ala “bama” find it amusing to watch unpair niggers hurt themselves. Brings them back to the glory days of their shithole state.

The rivalries are better

The pagentry

The traditions

The history

More pride than NFL because its your school

The amateur aspect of it. The fact that you can watch your school’s kicker kick a game winning field goal on national tv saturday and then have class with him on monday

The NFL’s only advantage is product on field, and even then its not as great since its much slower and seems as if theres more flags(correct me if im wrong)

at least from my perspective, rooting for ohio state, realignment killed the midwest regional allure of the conference. two games against rutgers and maryland in place of say iowa and purdue really sucks the momentum of the out of the season to me. probably doesn't seem like much to an outsider but it is. geographically Iowa and ohio aren't close but culturally they are, and having to go play in kinnick stadium on a saturday night in front of a bunch of drunk turbo flyovers that consider that game the biggest three hours of the year to killing some NE commuter school that doesn't give a shot by 70 is a massive downgrade.

also most of the >amazing plays that happen in college arent due to some sort of offensive greatness, but more just because the defense is shit at tackling.

>pride because its your school

75% of college football fans couldnt even get accepted to their team's school let alone actually attended it.

those people aren't fans, they are gloryhunting bandwagoners. everyone knows you need to graduate from or at least have attended a school to actually be able to call yourself a true fan

The atmosphere is why
youtube.com/watch?v=P-zFr1WA0ZU

These vidya were better than Madden and if California passd that stuff about paying students or whatever that was, perhaps this vidya can be made again.

basically Kansas City do the same shit, not everyone likes it the same way either

I like it the same way I like Non-League football here. Feels local.

>only advantage is product on field
>pageantry
>thinking anything outside of on field product matters
pageantry is literally the biggest turnoff to college sports, just play the fucking game why do you feel you need to be entertained beyond the literal game that is being played for your entertainment jesus christ cfb fans are children

reddit-american banter is off the charts

see

tbf if you live in Alabama what the fuck else are you going to take pride in, being the world leader in cross burnings? at least a football team that wears your state’s name is a rallying point.

100% better that the national lolpatriotswin football league.

lose weight
have sex
play rugby

You could say that about any professional league too
>NFL lol Patriots win!
The media hams up the parody for gamblers but we know the outcome

This was one of the first college games I watched

youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv48MwEbaQ

to be fair you need to have a very high IQ to appreciate cfb