Why are they doing this

why are they doing this

Attached: 4L_qHOUv7Zr.jpg (800x600, 102K)

Anything to get ncaa 20 tbqh

What are they doing now besides being the least developed state of México?

Shitting on college football and the NCAA by passing a law that says college athletes in CA can get agents and get paid via endorsements.

I'm honestly not sure how much this will fuck college football or basketball. Will smaller colleges even have a chance of attracting talent or will this just supercharge the 'everyone good goes to Alabama and Duke' shit?

They've passed a bill that (if signed) allows college athletes to receive compensation.
So either the rest of the country follows suit or they get split off to their own thing.
Also top talent will probably disproportionately go to ca schools because who doesn't want to get paid?

college sports really should just be banned and completely disassociated from education. You want to learn something? Go to college. You want to bounce a fucking ball? Join a minor league team.
Why we give people free 'educations' because they can bounce a ball is beyond me. Especially because they DON'T get an education. Antonio Brown went to college for 3 years and I don't think he can even read.

let them become their own country and then invade and liberate them

This. However this flies in the face of modern egalitarian principles that insist everyone should and will have the right to a college education, and asking someone to eschew that right is considered somehow wrong.

based. end slavery now.

Based. Fuck colleges.
>tuition is 30 grand per year per student
>make billions in TV deals
>make billions in donations
>DURRR WE'RE BROKE WE CAN'T PAY PLAYERS
>DURRR STATE GIB US GIBS
>HURRRR ALUMNI PLS SEND MONEY LOOK AT THIS POOR STARVING TENURED PROFESSOR FOR A DOLLAR A DAY YOU CAN CHANGE A LIFE AND HELP THIS PERSON COMPENSATE THEIR EGO BY KEEPING THEIR SALARY ON PAR WITH PRIVATE CAPTAINS OF INDUSTRY. HE DESERVES TO DRIVE A MERCEDES. MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN HIS LIFE TODAY. HELP HIM RENOVATE HIS HOUSE AND INCREASE CURB APPEAL HE'S FALLING BEHIND THE BLOCK RACE WITH THE EVIL CAPITALIST MR. REYNOLDS FROM THE BANK. PLEASE DONATE JUST 3 DOLLARS A DAY TO OUR COLLEGE AND YOU CAN HELP A MANCHILD TODAY

goddamn you're a fucking spastic

Suffering and deprived faculty member detected.

Since this new law was penned by the liberal shitheads in this state, I'm extremely suspicious. I have to assume the underlying reason is that men tend to like sports, so this is some way to destroy college sports. Or there's some other shoe to drop in this plan.
Like if they allow these endorsements the next step is that CA will pass a law saying if you endorse a male athlete you have to endorse a female athlete for the same amount of money.
Or more likely this is just to destroy the NCAA entirely. It will either make the NCAA bend to CA's will, or the NCAA will cease to be an effective governing body for college sports. So CA is just saying 'lol we make the rules now'. Next rule will probably be CA forcing the NCAA to sanction professional buttfucking as a college scholarship worthy sport or something.

Never trust anything liberals push even if it sounds good. It always has some next step, or ulterior motive. Often they claim ignorance of this 'unintended consequence' but don't believe that either.

Attached: 1560415227971.png (630x630, 603K)

really tired of the "everything my side of politics does is good and everything the other side does is bad" mentality of this country. imagine being deprived of independent thought

Mostly it's at the behest of the LA media conglomerates. It's a money play but they want sports to be successful. Don't let the liberal talking points fool you. California is the most cut throat capitalistic and racist state by a good margin. They're just smarter than southerners here and got their aims done with a smile, a wink, abd a lie. Oakland and Compton were designed to be sanctioned dark peoples zones so that they could be kept where they belonged. Not in SF or Beverly Hills

>media conglomerates
I fail to really see how this is beneficial to them. College sports are already a huge draw media wise, do they think endorsements will make them MORE popular somehow? I don't know that that's true, in fact I think it's the opposite in that a.) people won't identify as much with college teams and athletes. They're just mercenaries now and it's harder to identify with a richfag spoiled college kid than it is to identify with one who's just a normal poor kid. And b.) having ONE richfag on the team of other totally ignored poorfags who don't get endorsement deals will destroy teams I think.

Also the major media conglomerates are nationwide. So how does having CA be a separate market help them? Isn't having a cohesive body of college athletics better for them?

First off - conservative generally are 'don't change shit' so I don't have to be suspicious of them. Liberals are 'change shit - we'll tell you why later' so anyone who ISNT extremely suspicious of their agenda is a fucking retard. Especially when it's been proven time and time again in the last 20-30 years that yeah, they indeed did have an ulterior motive and the change they sold wasn't sold for the reason they claimed.

does california matter much to ncaa?
never seem to win march madness
other than stanford and usc they don't have any good football programs?
seems more of a pac12 problem

There is literally nothing wrong with killing the NCAA.

Because now they can profit from player likenesses again. Cut players in on a small cut and they can sell gorillions of jerseys with retro player names on the back. Can license video games again. Can pay amateurs to hock their shit directly etc. It's a money play. You think you're cynical but you aren't cynical enough. Liberals have no motivation beyond money and the ones that think they do are their useful idiots.

Based, thank fuck my public university is only €500 (about $550) a year in tutitions and half of it is the public transport ticket which gives you "free" public transport throughout the entire state fuck american universities

On the downside we have to pay a shit ton of taxes so the government can subsidise a billion women and faggots studying social sciences.

We do both! THNK U PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS!!!!

They suck now, but if players can get paid in CA but nowhere else where do you think the top players are going to suddenly all go?

The loss of an effective monopoly on college sports is what matters to the NCAA more than that though.

My school was $1500 per semester (UF). If you live in state it’s much more affordable. And they give out scholarships to everyone that deserves to be there

wow so many niggers on Yea Forums