Why don't they call it handegg, or at least eggball? Legitimate question

Why don't they call it handegg, or at least eggball? Legitimate question.

Attached: soccer-vs-handegg-nfl-football.jpg (513x410, 58K)

Football (soccer), Rugby, Aussie rules and American Football are all derivatives of the same sport which was called Football

It's called football because it's played on foot with a ball.

why don't soccer players use their hands?

because the name football doesn't describe the body part you use to strike the ball but called football because it is played by footmen, and not on horseback like every other sport at the time football was invented

and the original codes of football were much more similar to rugby or american football where the ball was carried into the goal and not hit with the foot

>why don't soccer players use their hands?

Attached: 70aa29e.jpg (660x521, 67K)

What do you mean, "they?" Are you an illegal?

Why don't they call soccer divegrass? It's played on grass and diving is the most important part of the game. Legitimate question.

>Why don't they call soccer divegrass? It's played on grass and diving is the most important part of the game. Legitimate question.

Attached: 1508551547508.png (741x630, 27K)

Who was the first guy who had the idea of only using the foot? In Medieval Football anything goes to try to score, who fucking thought that restricting the use of the arms was a good idea?
But somehow it ended to be the most popular sport in the world.

I dont know, probably the same reason Aussies call it Aussie rules football

Because it isn't horseball

For me, it’s “nigger collide”

Yes, also volleyball, handball, tennis, basketball, pool ... are football.

they need them for the showers after the game

No I'm just a cultured american

No, those games were developed somewhere else by non english speakers, and none of them involve the ability to kick the ball.
Football codes are soccer, both rugbys, both gridirons, gaelic, australian rules.

it's called football because the ball is exactly one foot in length

Croatian immigration really did a number on this country, huh?

It's perfectly fine to kick the ball in volleyball

Because an egg is round at one end and pointy at the other. An American football is spheroidal, so it should be called handspheroid