Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Attached: gruden-brown.png (1200x675, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4dI-_Or34
youtube.com/watch?v=a5dQwGOKucM
youtube.com/channel/UCwB_exEV5gCDw7U8V9DtBRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the raiders for being a shit team that brown doesnt want to be on

The Raiders for not being committed enough to meet his demands or savvy enough to realize that having him under contract and paying him to sit on the bench means others can't scoop him up.

their cracker ass owner

The NFL for not allowing players to kneel.

Beli for playing the NFL like a damn fiddle again.

Goodell for not having the balls to call out blatant tampering.

Mayock for letting his emotions get the best of him

How is this tampering? The Patriots didn't make the Raiders cut Brown.

The raiders for not complying with special persons needs

The Seahawks for not signing Kaep.

Jive turkey ass crackers get dabbed on

>yes we’re just going to let the cancer grow a bit see if it works out!
Also he wanted out. Too bad. Next man up.

No one was really in the "wrong", given NOW what we know. What the Raiders SHOULDVE done was trade for Brown and then immediately flip him to the Patriots, given that's where he wanted to play this whole time.

>paying him to sit on the bench means others can't scoop him up
That wouldn't have worked though and I think they considered doing that at first, but backed out and released him instead. If you keep him on the team the distraction would get worse and worse.

mayock should be fired. fucking moron. this isn't al davis era anymore grandpa. you aren't gonna win chasing talent out the door

>let khalil mack go
>let amari cooper go
>let antonio brown go
>keep david carr
OH NONONONONONONO

t. that one fag who's been talking about how the raiders needed to "fellate" AB literally all day. you are alone in the world with that opinion.

No one would willingly give Brady a target like Antonio Brown, baggage and all.

have you not paid attention his entire commish tenure
everything he does is for the benefit of kraft

You don't let emotions get in the way of business decisions. Saying "next man up" and turning to your lesser skilled athletes is a loser's mentality when there's money, teambuilding, and championships on the line.

Again, you don't let emotions get in the way of business decisions. The Steelers and Raiders are going to be kicking themselves in the ass over this for the next couple of years.

he's punished Kraft and the Patriots harshly for doing literally NOTHING wrong just because redditards hate that they keep winning.

t. Dumb cracker that lives life as a perennial loser at everything he does because he lets his feelings cloud his judgement.

Al Davis for not raising his son right. Which led to this shitshow happening.

Nigger it’s not emotions. He did NOT WANT to play for the raiders. What the fuck do you not understand? He was going to get his 30 mill and do everything in his power to get cut.

>You don't let emotions get in the way of business decisions. Saying "next man up" and turning to your lesser skilled athletes is a loser's mentality when there's money, teambuilding, and championships on the line.
They made the determination that wasting money/cap space on somebody who was going to do more harm to the team than good wasn't worth it. That's sound decisionmaking.

I've fired people who were great at certain aspects of their job for being shitty at others (primarily working as a team)

He didnt want to play because of the fines and other bullshit, but that doesn't mean you let him walk. And AB had no power to make the decision for the cut. Only the Raiders could make that call.

I wouldn't call it sound decision making when you let him walk into the Patriot's hands. And to say that you've broadly fired employees is not an apt comparison. Would you fire a generational talent employee who would be a critical part of your team that was actively being scouted by your competitor? Or would you swallow your pride and realize that giving the competition the option to unleash hell on earth isn't the smartest idea?

wow I didn't think anyone actually fell for it
I feel bad for your parents

what the FUCK am I supposed to do with this piece of shit now..

Attached: FUUUCK.jpg (300x225, 13K)

Give it to some kid in Africa

I'd ask the Raiders for a refund. They dont know how to run a business so they might be dumb enough to agree to it.

it's a good ironic shirt, like a Tebow Patriots jersey

>actually buying an AB jersey

AD for starting the trend of walking out on the team you're contracted to

Fuck bro. Just change the four to a one and you’re good bro.

The Raiders are still rebuilding and won't face the Pats this year. Better to cut him now without paying anything and move on, using that cap space for others who will actually help you win.

And yes, if I can't work with somebody who is going to be both passively (cap space) and actively (being a disruption) hurting my chances to be successful, I would fire them.

hold onto it, that will probably be rare soon.

What were they gonna do, keep him around after he gets into a near fight with the fucking GM of the team? He forced their hand and played them like a fiddle.

male niggers have the emotions of a woman on the rag, dipshit.

watching that video of him celebrating is certainly eyebrow raising. Imagine being a raiders teammate and watching that? Pretty fucking shitty.

It was his plan from the start. I bet he signed that contract knowing full-well he was never gonna honor it. Likely did it just in case they called his buff and didn't cut him. Also interesting how the pats had a contract waiting for him to sign the second he was cut. I bet he hoped onto the plane and signed it the second he landed in MA.

They rebuild with the intention of winning ASAP. They ideally would be facing the Pats this year or next year assuming they make better use of their cap space. Having to gameplan for AB Patriots instead of normal Patriots on a future playoff run when you could have had AB on your team is not smart at all.
You hurt your chances at success more by letting your emotions over someone being a disruption get in the way. There'd be no reason to cut the guy if its still clear that he has top tier level production. In fact, if the point was to snuff out a locker room cancer, the smartest idea would have been to hand out a team level suspension or to have forced him down to the practice squad while developing your other players. That sends a message to the rest of the team and doesn't actually decrease your odds at success over the next couple of years.

mayock all the way. they knew what they were getting with him and that fining him is just going to cause a nig out. happy with what happened. I took AB 2nd round in fantasy. appearing to be a solid pick for me.

Attached: 1549496224087.jpg (418x482, 52K)

Yeah, that's actually exactly what they should have done. They didnt have to release him. Nobody forced their hand.

Yet the Raiders were the ones that got their asses hung out to dry while the Patriots capitalized on their emotional desisions. Funny.

It's not emotions. It's logic.

He was probably not going to play (suspensions, etc) and was going to make the team as a whole worse. Unless you can trade him (and his market value was low enough that two shitty picks got him), you have to cut him. At least this way all they lost were those shitty picks instead of having their cap fucked too.

As far NFL controversies go, is this the most fun to watch ever?

Giving him to the Patriots for nothing isn't logic. It's emotions. There were other options besides cutting him.

So they keep him and then what? Then he plays badly on purpose at bad, or pulled a blount and just leaves the field mid-game for whatever reason. All while doing more and more outrageous shit. He probably would've went after Gruden next. They had no choice.

They didn't "give" him to them. Their options were simple:
1) Keep him as a cancer on the team that destroys the team from the inside and probably doesn't even play
2) Cut him
There was no trade value for him. The idea of putting a $15 million cap hit on the practice roster is borderline retarded.

Why do you think they had no choice? They could have kept him under contract and have continued fining him, introduced suspensions, delegated to practice squad, etc. Making him a free agent was an emotional decision that reeks of "I'm in charge here and you're FIRED!" A boneheaded move with zero forethought.

Hold onto it. The Patriots will probably send him back once he’s due for a major payday. The Pats always send high value players to shit teams.

They gave him to the Patriots. They had options other than to cut and they let their emotions get in the way.

And then he ruins the rest of the team, becomes a major distraction, plays badly and/or actively tried to LOSE games for them, get into fights with the head coach or other players, etc. It's not worth keeping a guy like that when he makes it super obvious he doesn't wanna be there.

How does one actively try to lose games while suspended or on the practice squad?

You think AB would play on the fucking practice squad? Are you for real right now? He would laugh in their faces if they even tried doing that

What options did they have? They either had to keep him (and destroy the team from the inside), trade him (and get nothing while possibly costing some cap space), or cut him.

There is literally no other option. And they don't care about the Patriots getting him because they weren't going to the playoffs this year (and probably not next) with or without him.

You are overwhelmed by your emotions (FUCKING PATS DOING IT AGAIN) instead of using your brain, ironically enough.

>Suspend a player making exceed of $15m
>Having a player making $15m a season on the fucking practice squad

Guess what job you're never gonna have in your life?

So you think the Raiders should have paid him $15 million dollars (and another $17 million next year) for a player who wasn't going to play (suspended or on practice squad)? Are you stupid?

Not an argument

And while he laughed, they could recoup contract money as he's opted out of participating, and they wouldn't have done something as retarded as letting him go to the Patriots.

Keep him and then continue to fine, suspend, or delegate to practice squad. You recoup all your contract money, get your rebuild, and dont impact your downstream chances at success by empowering a competitor. It's really not that complicated.

I guess they couldn't move him directly to the North East.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4dI-_Or34

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

>recoup money
He almost fought a 60 year old man when he tried to do that, AS PER LEAGUE RULES.

If I pay you $15M and then fine you upwards of $15M, and/or can legally opt out of paying you because you are suspended or aren't actually suiting up on gameday, I dont think there's anything to worry about.
FYI if you morons dont know: the guaranteed money is only guaranteed if he plays a gameday snap. If he's not on the Sunday roster, there is no $15M hit. Again, the Raiders made a bad decision based on emotion.

Why would they care about him going to the Patriots? They're not even playing the pats this year and the raiders aren't doing shit this season either way. Dude this is not fucking HS football. Star players aren't going to take being benched lightly. That's the fastest way to get fired as a head coach. Look at what happened when Eli Manning got benched last year, the HC lost that team real quick. And they're not gonna "recoup" money by suspending him. That is not how contracts work.

>and then fine you upwards of $15M
And then he files a grieve with the PA and gets that money anyway. Great "plan" there chief.

And?
Because the point of a rebuild is to become competitive ASAP. Unless the Raiders are planning a rebuild that extends over the next couple of seasons, there's no reason to give the Patriots more ammunition for this season and upcoming ones.

>savvy enough to realize that having him under contract and paying him to sit on the bench means others can't scoop him up.
How is throwing away their money savvy?

How would he get it when teams are allowed to fine, and he's not entitled to the $15M unless he plays a gameday snap?

Throwing away what money?

Ok. Let’s say you work at a warehouse. Let say there’s a forklift. You have a star worker with a huge cock or whatever the fuck else you’re into. That star coworker is not happy, never has been. He’s been getting worse though. As in he’s been driving the forklift straight into other employees. How the do you justify keeping him?

The money they would owe Brown if they kept him on the roster but made him ride the bench. That would be a stupid waste of their resources just to keep a competitor from picking up Brown.

When have teams EVER fined someone more than 1 million dollars? He would get every penny of that money and more

The Raiders are looking at 2 years minimum. By that time, AB will be 33,overvalued, and on another team.

If we are still turning a profit and meeting specified quotas and those other employees aren't as critical as he is, there's no problem. In fact, I might even fire the other employees for pissing him off if they are expendable. Those other employees are a cancer that impede the work of the profit maker.

And this same employee openly bad mouths the management, tells other workers to take longer breaks, doesn't show up to work half the time. But apparently it's somehow worth keeping someone like that around for some reason.

This is why you're doomed to wage slavery
There is no way they would fine him $15 million and he (or his agent) realized that was their plan, he would just sabotage them quietly from the inside, collect his money, and still screw them over.

Why would they owe him if he hasn't played a gameday snap?
Won't know unless you try. And you might not even have to try if you use your brain like a GM is supposed to and remember what the stipulations for "guaranteed" money include.

Then the raiders would have been retarded for signing him while planning an extra long extended rebuild.

Congrats your business got shut the fuck down. Its a hostile work environment so no one wants to work there, even your favorite big dick savior left because it takes a team to run an operation, you’re facing lawsuits, and your inventory is backed to hell and back. But hey at least the competitor didn’t sign him! Oh he’s working for them anyway. fuck.

Dude, there is no business on planet earth that keeps unhappy and unproductive employees. Have you ever had a job before in your life?

>Won't know unless you try
And if he gets the money without playing a single game then what? Now you look like a fucking idiot. All because you tried to send a "message".

>youtube.com/watch?v=a5dQwGOKucM

Attached: image.jpg (304x422, 25K)

>hostile work environment
Not possible. Anyone who would have complained about that would have already been fired as I specified in the prior post.

>unproductive
Lets not shift the goalposts, now.

How would he get the money without playing a single game?

The nigger

>Why would they owe him if he hasn't played a gameday snap?
What do you mean? If he was still a part of the team and it was a team decision to sit him, then they would still owe him his money.

Wal-Mart exists, y'know.

Look up what "guaranteed" means as it pertains to an NFL contract.

Vick dog torture and Hernandez human torture were better imo

How the fuck is he productive if he's not fucking playing?

>How would he get the money without playing a single game?

Because he's still part of the team and that's the contract he fucking signed? Are you acting like a retard on purpose?

Yeah, try getting a job at Walmart and show up whenever you please and not doing jack shit when you're there. See how long they keep you around.

They actually WERE going to keep him after that
He apologized and everything, and it was all over
And then he got another night of sleep and decided to demand a trade

I think you're misunderstanding me. I was talking to the user who thought the Raiders lacked business sense by not keeping Brown and forcing him to sit just so they could keep another team from picking him up. I'm not saying the Raiders owe Brown money now that they've released him.

I really hope you never get a job in management, unlikely as that is.

Say you have 10 people making a product. They each make 10 units per hour. The total team makes 100 units (10*10) per hour.

Now one of the people leaves. A new guy comes in who is 50% better than the others. He makes 15 units per hour. By all accounts, he's a superstar. But his bad attitude, interference with other coworkers, etc causes high turnover and a bad attitude in the other 9 employees, reducing their average workload to 7 units per hour. Now you're only making 78 units (9*7+15), a 22% drop, despite having a superstar on the team.

No one person is more important than the team, as the Patriots have shown in the context of football.

Yeah because it was part of the plan. Acting irrational as fuck on purpose. Now suddenly he's gonna have a "leveled head" and "turn his life around" in NE.

See
And as far as the NFL is concerned hes productive if he's still clearly ridiculously good at his position and can benefit the competition. A player like this would be better off being dealt with instead of let go.

Have you?

So then why did the Patriots pick up this obvious cancer? Seems like a really dumb move on there end. Brown isnt suddenly going to be not an idiot because hes a pat.

They wouldn't have owed him money even if they had kept him and simply didn't put him on the 53.

Well obviously the Raiders know something you don't, since they didn't suspend him and cut him instead. I bet it has something to do with you being wrong and in fact realizing they WOULD have to pay him, suspended or not.

Very long, their entire goal is to hire monkeys that can function at the bare minimum with a revolving door policy.

BB thinks he can get AB to work out well for the one year contract, stipulating that he's gone in a heartbeat if he fucks up. His track record is pretty good with these things.

>So then why did the Patriots pick up this obvious cancer?
Because his cancerous attitude was a ploy to get out of Oakland. Now that he's where he wants to be, he might actually behave himself, or he'll get cut and cost himself a substantial amount of money because no team will touch him after that.

>revolving door policy
That means they fire people frequently and quickly because they know they can get somebody else to do the job for minimum wage

So belicheck thinks he can control the nigger? Tom wont even throw to him.

Attached: NKEKM.jpg (700x900, 187K)

Then how the fuck would you be there long if they are constantly firing people? You just contradicted yourself.

youtube.com/channel/UCwB_exEV5gCDw7U8V9DtBRw

They pick up almost every guy who was a super god talent at some point, but have vanished from the general perception due to falling off/being a cancer/injuries
And every time everyone goes THOSE DAMN PATRIOTS, though 80% of them vanish from the roster without anyone noticing. Though this will be the other 20% because no way will AB do anything without people noticing

Obviously that'd be stupid based on the numbers you chose to drive your point across. However if I had a superstar that made 40 units per hour because he's a generational talent with your 9x7 drop included, then guess what? Business is still booming.

Exactly, Walmart is always firing people left and right all the fucking time. I know because I use to work there. If you have a shitty attitude and do jack shit on the shift they will get rid of you fast. They're always hiring for a reason.

Nah dude this has nothing to do with Oakland and everything to do with brown being a dumb ass nigger. Brown was a cancer in pittsburgh, he was a cancer in Oakland and he'll be a cancer in new England. The NFL should just ban him entirely but they're incompetent AF as per the norm.

Cant wait for his dumb ass to fuck it up too he should end up like kaep.

Inactive players still get paid just as if they were playing. He wouldn't be eligible for roster or performance bonuses.

I hope you're right because it would be amusing.

I'm never wrong about this kind of shit. Unless bill belicheck is literally a slave master and cucks brown he will implode again.

Or... they also knew what I knew, but Mayock OK'd a boneheaded decision based on emotions because he bought into the "locker room cancer" meme like an idiot, genuinely thought that nobody else would pick AB up, and thought his choice to cut would send any message other than the fact that he is mentally weak. He completely forgot that the NFL is a business during his PMSing.

>this is what baaaaaahhhhhston spoaahhts babbies actually believe
kek. neck yourself ya retahhd zoomer

Attached: 1539041384090.gif (300x169, 2.25M)

Came to the thread to post this. AB is far from the first NFL all star talent to take time off mid week. Around the league they're just called "vet days" *wink* *wink* *nod* Walter Jones and Michael Strahan are two hall of famers who did it routinely. Top shelf talent doesn't need to be practicing every day. Its actually worse for your team. Why risk the injury? ABs feet are already fucked up. I don't blame him I'd be peacing out on that bush league organization too.

The more you post, the more painfully obvious you make it you've never played sports or had a job before

AB is not 4x better than the average NFL #1 WR.

And the productivity drop I listed is probably too low. Not only do you have the new employee not being trained and working slowly at first, but you also have another employee being tasked with onboarding them, training, etc. And if you keep having high turnover, you experience brain drain and lose the skills that kept your company productive in the first place.

Once you actually get in a position of power in a business, maybe you'll understand.

That was the whole point. He never wanted to play for them in the first place. This whole thing was an act to get cut from the team. He probably "injured" himself on purpose just to get out of practice.

The Raiders for getting completely played.

Attached: 1561333842485.gif (220x165, 211K)

>AB is not 4x better than the average NFL #1 WR
Youre joking right? Dude is easier a Top 5 receiver

this he's used those machines for years. you think he "just forgot" to put on those slippers

That doesn't make him 4x better than everybody else

He's probably 10-20x better than the average receiver

Jones did it with the approval of the FO since Holmgren didn't want his best player to get injured, and he was a freak of nature so you really cant compare him to AB

How do you want to measure him? Stats? Salary? Because every metric says he's at least 10 times better than the average receiver

Still makes him a great player to have on your team though faggot

>He wasn't here for the Manti Teo imaginary girlfriend
What a day that was

I thought about that too but nah that's too deep. Frostbite hurts like a motherfucker and those things were sore and blistery as fuck and were a risk to infection that could have kept him out for a whole season. I fully believe his later shenanigans were to get cut but I think the injury and how the raiders handled it is what made him flip.

Notice also how it wasn't a serious injury too. JUST enough to get out of camp, but not anything that would stop him from working out on his own.

didn't that season turn out to be imaginary too, when they got hit with sanctions

That's not the case if there are suspensions applied or the player is not on the 53. For your own sake, you should look up what guaranteed means as it pertains to NFL contracts. You delegate AB to practice squad, you dont have to pay the guarantee and can call for a violation and opt for practice squad salary. You opt to suspend him, you dont have to pay anything at all while keeping him locked down.

The user said "average NFL #1 WR," not average receiver. Most #1 receivers could put up 75% of his numbers playing in the same system, and his own teammate was just as productive.

Wasn't he still in the ncaa?

Brown for being a nigger

I'm telling you it's very likely he did that on purpose. Think about it, dude was "injured" but posted videos of himself working out? Come on now.

Well in that case EVERY receiver is shit if they're not the #1 in the league. Who the fuck measures players like this? That's not even realistic to compare every guy to the best dude in the league.

I mean it happened, but if you wanna say it didn't that's up to you. The NCAA is full of jewish hypocrites anyways.

Terrell Owens 2.0

that's an insult to TO tbqh.

>AB is not 4x better than the average NFL #1 receiver
And theres not usually 10 #1 receivers on a team all on the field at the same time, but I'm sure you dont want to mention that because you're working really hard to set up your shit strawman.
Btw, he's about 2.5 to 3 times better than the average #1 WR.

>Another dumb ass GM that fucks up a team.

Attached: 1534973234399.png (321x321, 12K)

TO was a class act compared to this asshole. Owens wasn't even a bad guy if we're being honest. He never did anything terrible off the field or came across as a shitty person.

I was talking to someone (you?) who specifically said "sit" which implies inactive on game day. That's not the same scenario as suspending a player. Can you show me where AB wouldn't have been paid if he was placed on the practice squad without being suspended?

How are you going to even put a guy on the practice squad and at the same time NOT pay him and suspend him? That makes no sense. Not like it matters because if you tell AB he's moved to the practice squad he would retire right then and there. His ego wouldn't allow that.

Every team has a #1 receiver, the player who gets the most passes thrown their way and draws the most coverage. Some of them would be damn good if their quarterback wasn't shit. AB's numbers would have dropped like a rock if he stayed in Oakland. Big Ben doesn't get enough credit for making his receivers look good.

>>Another dumb ass GM that fucks up a team.

Attached: Davis-01[1].jpg (620x413, 49K)

I said average #1 WR.

He was neck and neck stats wise with Davante Adams in 2018. Tyreek Hill and Eric Ebron were right behind in TDs, despite being targeted much less.

If you look at touchdowns/target, he was ranked #2 (behind Ebron) and about the same as Hill. The league average for players with more than 100 targets was 0.055 TDs per target. Brown's was 0.89, or 16% higher.

So to reiterate, he's good, but not "4x better".
If he wasn't a distraction? Sure. But he's not good enough to keep him around if he's causing problems, faggot.
Nobody said he was shit, retard. I said he wasn't worth the hassle.

Say what you want about the man he is, but come on. Dude can play some fucking football. He is damn good and why the Raiders put up with the bullshit as long as they did. Anybody else he would've been gone asap.

Time will tell if he actually plays then the raiders will be at fault for falling for his tricks because he has to play with the new helmet regardless of what team he plays for

>Btw, he's about 2.5 to 3 times better than the average #1 WR.
So the average #1 receiver is putting up less than 500 yards? 92 players had more than 500 receiving yards last season. 21 had more than 1000 yards. 10 had more than Brown.

But again, this whole thing was an act the entire time so he could sign with NE. He's not GOING to be a distraction in NE, I guarantee it right now. You don't find it funny how out of nowhere he all of a sudden is a head case, gets traded, gets CUT, then immediately signs with the Pats for basically the exact same contract? Hmmmm, where have I seen THIS before?

Suspending Brady for 4 games and taking away a draft pick because cold air makes gases in footballs contract was not a beneficial action.

damned if you do damned if you don't. Narratives been out since Raiders brought Gruden down from the booth. Just yesterday people were clowning the Raiders/Mayock for not releasing AB on the spot for what he said and did and today Mayock stood his ground after he try'd all he could to make it work and they are still getting clowned. Meanwhile the pats are getting praise by the majority after signing the same player they deemed "Lockerroom Cancer" all this past month. Can't make this stuff up

Attached: 80l41ds.jpg (400x310, 16K)

>hurr durr here I'll talk full season yardage
>hurr durr here I'll talk touchdowns/target

>maybe if I keep shifting goalposts, nobody will realize how retarded I am

They're getting clowned because it turned out they got played hard by AB and the Patriots

It doesn't matter how he is with the Patriots. All the Raiders care about is how he's acting with them. They had no good options so they chose the least bad one (cut with no salary cap hit, just a few lost shitty draft picks they would've wasted anyway)
Maybe if you posted here for more than 2 months you would realize not every user is the same person, brainlet.

Using statistics to show you you're wrong is moving the goal posts? How the hell is productivity not a measure of how much better or worse a player is?

Bottom line, they are/were team cancers. Cost of doing business.

>not statistically better in at least two stats
>cant refute either so says it's moving the goalposts cringe

I'll put it this way. It's like being the loser in high school and you FINALLY land that super hot girlfriend. But she constantly clowns you, makes fun of you in public, flirts with other guys in front of you, etc. So everybody calls you a pussy and makes fun of you. Then you man up and break up with her, only for her to immediately start dating Chad within the hour while you're now girlfriend-less.

Using statistics is not a problem. Misuse of statistics is a problem. Pick a metric, explain why you chose that metric and stick with it.

Well I hope he gets syphilis.

The only they had and should've taken was flipping him to the patriots when they first got him. They knew they weren't gonna win even with him on the team. In a way they did this to themselves.

>Pay someone $30mil so other teams can't sign them

200 IQ team management

>Pick a metric, explain why you chose that metric and stick with it.
Two people picked two different metrics. Maybe you can provide the metric that shows he's at least 4x, or 2.5x, or 10-20x better than the top receiver from each team.

Its ok I still got my waifus on Pokémon masters

>JuJu had more yards despite starting in 2 less games
Brown wasn't even 4x better than the #2 WR on his own team.

t. incel

This. It's 2019, star players in all leauges have power now and no one is going to automatically respect you because you landed some front office job with a fancy title. If you're a first year GM like Mayock you should just shut the fuck up, do your job and stay out of the talent's way.

And let them fuck up the rest of the team?

No one.

Jon Gruden negotiated in good faith, but Antonio Brown was secretly determined to play for the Patriots. Nothing the Raiders could do.

It's still a pretty risky bet. If Father Time turns Brady's arm into a Manning noodle this season, Brown ain't gonna win a ring with the Patriots. It would be less risky to stick with the Steelers and outlast the Patriots, because Big Ben's got more in the tank than Brady.

what’s the problem? The NOB matches your skin color

This was planned. AB threw his toys out the pram and engineered a move to his wanted place, Steelers were never trading to the Pats so this was the long game.

Attached: J J Walker.jpg (335x299, 20K)

They certainly had influence on his ever escalating antics

Proof?

He gave them a slap on the wrist for Spygate, probably the biggest black mark on a league in sports history. Should have stripped them of all three of their Lombardis

Imagine believing this

Imagine believing that tapes of a walk through from two rows lower than the legal camera position is the reason why the patriots won 3 superbowls

Absolutely pathetic

He is right tho.

They extended one of their CBs to make room for AB hours before his release was official and had a contract ready for him hours after. And had his behavior been genuine no one would have picked him up that quickly and gave him 9 mil guaranteed without doing their do diligence on him and having a interview

They won all three of those SBs by 3 fucking points, then after they got caught and couldnt use those tactics anymore they failed to win a single one for over a decade till they found a new way to cheat

What were the raiders even thinking when they signed him? They were never in contention, they wasted money and draft pics for him and now everyone considers them as clowns.

wear it as meme-clothing

You can monitor a situation without tampering. Pretty easy now a days with a player like Brown who makes all his moves transparent as fuck in real time. People on Yea Forums had already run this exact hypothetical out months ago. Why do you think the GOAT needed to tamper to make preperations for the obvious. Hell Bill O'Brien offered to trade for Antonio 2 days before he was cut for yelling at that cuck MAYOck

The N*gger

Keep it. It will be unironically be worth a lot of money if you can get it signed by Brown.

this is why I don’t buy jerseys

>. You delegate AB to practice squad, you dont have to pay the guarantee and can call for a violation and opt for practice squad salary. You opt to suspend him, you dont have to pay anything at all while keeping him locked down.

AB isn't eligible for the practice squad. There are actual rules in place about who can and can't be signed to those. Not only that but practice squad players are essentially free agents for the rest of the league, so putting him on the PS is the same as releasing him.

As to your second point, NFL still have to justify their suspensions. The players union can file grievances against unfair punishments and get them overturned.

Attached: 1567751197004.jpg (1022x1024, 117K)

a trade would never work. AB wanted to go to a contender. it's why this whole scheme had to play out the way it did. first steelers were never gonna trade him to a championship team, they wanted to send him to sibera with the bills. he had to settle for the raiders. then comes the entire plan to completely miss training camp. why would a guaranteed money guy like AB miss camp? especially with a new team. cause he never wanted to play for the raiders

Mayock will get more respect in the long term. Cutting AB wasn't a "smart" move, but it was definitely a ballsy move. If the raidniggers ever stop being shit under his tenure, he will be applauded for cutting AB.

Over night the Pats have become the biggest tight rope attraction in the league. You have a 40+ all time great in Tom Brady teamed with a ticking timebomb who is the most talented WR in the league and one of the most unreliable but ridiculously talented receivers in Gordon, not to mention Edelman, Thomas and a million talented RBs. This season could be a run for the ages or a complete cluster fuck. Are you not entertained?!

That means he knew there was a place for him at the Pats.

Attached: image.gif (200x171, 186K)

Pats versus Raiders AFC Championship game? Wouldn't that be a hot potato?

Attached: image.png (645x912, 564K)

Considering their WRs are Eddleman, Gordon (will be suspended for weed by week 8) and like 3 Random Guys they got off the street they'd make room because they're desperate for someone to catch the ball who's not a manlet or pothead

Why wouldn’t the Raiders trade him to the Patricunts? Why just gift him and get fuck all in return? I know we only used a 3rd and 5th round pick to get him but... cmon... you don’t gift the biggest bunch of cheats in the league a fucking starting quality player. Idiotic.

Go read the clauses in ABs contract and get back to me. You are right about the practice squad issue though, I forgot AB's age. But the suspensions were an option.

Gruden should have put his ass on reserve. Realistically though Brown won't have a big output on the Pats offense, he probably won't even get thrown to that much

Abraham Lincoln

Kek

Attached: image.gif (500x455, 466K)

gruden for acting like ab's fan rather than ab's coach

It would be tampering if the Pats told Brown anything like "if you can convince the Raiders to release you, we'll sign you."

I don't see it though. He gave up $30million guaranteed for a one-year contract that's probably low on guarantees.