What's the point of being a fan of a mid-low table team that you know for sure is never winning anything?

What's the point of being a fan of a mid-low table team that you know for sure is never winning anything?

Attached: 1566721972316.jpg (534x498, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs
youtube.com/watch?v=vY3QpKWGWHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

life is suffering. some of us accept that fact. those of us who do bandwagon garbage teams to constantly remind us of this fact.

Attached: 1561843089158.jpg (556x556, 56K)

Local team

Attached: 1470782716353.jpg (1018x911, 90K)

Leicester happened. Mid-table teams win cups every now and then, too.

It's a community activity and cultural outlet, a shared experience of relative success and failure; not to mention it's just plain fun cramming into a minibus with like-minded friends, having a few beers and singing your hearts out in some distant town for "the lads" that play for your club. The banter, the smells, the noise.

Football Clubs are like churches of old times, they provide a thread through the history of the local area and between generations. Grandfather, father and son.

It's why I'm not a Bury fan but their recent expulsion from the league hurt deep inside, I can't imagine having my love snatched from me like that.

Attached: IMG_20190817_221546.jpg (2048x1536, 513K)

Eurosport is shit
Salary cap, draft system,etc. American sports are 100 times better

I don't know. I'm not a fan of any teams besides Croatia. I am a fan of football, however. Nothing quite like a Champions League knockout stage match.

>supporting anything other than your local team

>What's the point of being a fan of a mid-low table team that you know for sure is never winning anything?

Dunno m8, we're getting back to back promotions

Attached: cafc.png (1200x1200, 135K)

>not supporting a local team AND a major team

t. Winfried Chang, US Marine technician stationed at Okinawa Air Base

Walk on, Jap.

American sports will have instances that get cringe names like the "Windy City Miracle" or "Miracle on [X]", but they will never have a Leicester City or Jamie Vardy story. Vardy was making prosthetic limbs in a factory and playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels on the weekend well into his 20s before he won the PL.

American sports have long abandoned their roots and are plastic from the ground up, almost purely exercises in television and advertisement. The mighty USA can't even sustain more than one handegg league for a season, never mind a giant interlinking system.

Attached: 20190830_224315.jpg (2304x2305, 2.76M)

based former european teaching the third world culture and principles

psst if the team you're a fan of wins you've still won fuck all.

What if they are a big club, local but are eternal choke artists that used to top 4,league contenders?

Most of my friends bandwagon big premier league teams and I don't envy them. They watch 90% of games on TV and when they win a trophy it's like 1 day of celebration and then their life goes back to normal. You can't beat going to the stadium every week and living the emotions of winning and losing games.

>It's why I'm not a Bury fan but their recent expulsion from the league hurt deep inside, I can't imagine having my love snatched from me like that.
This. Especially now it's appearing that the EFL didn't even follow their own rules regarding the expulsion.

Was it really that difficult to just say "right lads, you can't play in League One next season but we'll relegate you to League Two as long as you get a deal done?"

proxy off, brayleigh tyrone hernandez

Me nan was middle me dad was middle so im for middle simple as.

If your country has an FA cup, there's always a chance to win that

Attached: 1324193914388.jpg (248x233, 15K)

Are you not entertained? Is that not why you are here?

Follow your local club, weeb. Leicester happened.

Attached: weebs btfo.png (1323x469, 28K)

for the same reason all the robots here haven't hero yet , hope one day it will get better

Because some dudes get off on being cucked. I don't get it either.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs

Attached: 15469.jpg (405x420, 27K)

>Leicester happened
He sobbed to himself as City won their 7th consecutive Premier League. It was a hollow consolation.

More to football than the premier league

youtube.com/watch?v=vY3QpKWGWHs

Attached: DCK.jpg (399x399, 31K)

Yes you keep climbing that ladder until you're merely playing for the honor of playing in the same league as the "real" clubs.

local loyalty

Based Takashi

If you reach the stage of midtable premier league shitters you qualify for Europa League like Everton, West Ham, Burnley, Wolves, Southampton, Spurs, Hull City, Swansea, Wigan or Bolton have done in recent history. There's always something to get excited about, including domestic wares such as the FA Cup for example.

Well, at least their not a second division team anymore

Attached: 54D21482-51B6-4485-ADF4-663D373B78EF.png (769x612, 167K)

My hometown team plays in the 3rd-tier and every win feels like a trophy. There's some solace in supporting a little club.

Imagine you support Real Madrid and they win the CL next year. WOW, big fucking deal.

For my team, a promotion would be the pinnacle. It'd mean the world to me

Mid table is pretty comfy, not having to worry about continental football nor getting relegated and having a shot at winning your country's domestic trophy

Uefa Cup then suddenly defeating the UCL winners in the Uefa Super Cup must be satisfying.

image saved

If you even have to ask this question you're beyond understanding why

Cope. USA is simply better at everythingi

>a mid-low table team that you know for sure is never winning anything
True for the league. Braga seems to do everything right but they can't even dethrone an incompetent Sporting from chronic 3rd place.

However, any 1st league club got a legit shot at the cups. Fucking Aves just won the domestic cup last year. Their town has like 10k people.

It's cope and seething coming from contrarians who feel superior for supporting some small obscure club

The hope of returning to first division
>we used to clap Madrid and Barcelona by 6 goals

Attached: 1200px-Real_Zaragoza_svg_logo.svg.png (1200x2038, 308K)

>not supporting a team in each county for maximum comfiness

What's the point of being a fan of a top team that wins something almost every year?