Why didn't he ever win the Ballon d'Or?

Why didn't he ever win the Ballon d'Or?

Attached: Paul Scholes.jpg (800x1200, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHVAHFwPCEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Racism against gingers

michael owen has more balloon doors than xavi, iniesta and scholes
raul came second to owen
balloon door is dogshit

gerrard was better

youtube.com/watch?v=WHVAHFwPCEQ

he'a an overrated shitter (by modern zoomers who never saw him play)

he was adequately rated by boomers of the time, who correctly knew he was nowhere near deserving such an award

you use ridiculous zoomer exaggeration tactics like calling scholes a shitter and then call other people zoomers

>le epic quote man

He had a bit of technical ability in a time when English players tended not to. Overrated as fuck, and threw in red card tackles every other game and got away with it

Wasn't even the second best English midfielder at the time

Henry, Raul, Iniesta, Xavi, Maldini, Baresi are probably ahead of Scholes in the "deserved a Ballon d'or list"

scholes
>11 PL titles
>2 CLs

lampard
>3 PL titles
>1 CL

gerrard
>1 CL
>-1 PL title because he literally slipped over to lose the league after recently saying “this does not slip”

Anderson and Carrick must be better than Lampard and Gerrard then.

correct

for me, it's michael owen

Attached: 06.jpg (300x180, 11K)

>michael owen has more balloon doors than xavi, iniesta and scholes
yes
>raul came second to owen
understandable
>balloon door is dogshit
fuck off

dont see anything wrong with this comparison dear user

The English have never had grasp of of football's subtlety and therefor no idea how to properly rare a player beyond his ability to hoof it blindly 60 yards down the pitch into the box on a windy night in stoke. If you look at how the Spanish and Catalonians spoke about Scholes (and to a lesser degree Carrick, the English regista), they heaped praise onto him for his genius ability to read the field and shape a game. I basically don't care what English people say about a player because they frankly don't know what they're talking about, and I'm English myself (Expat in US, hence the flag)

Idk if Scholes ever deserved a ballon dor because he played at the same time as the likes of fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho etc and you have to remember only ONE player can win it a year. Not winning the ballon dor doesnt prove someone wasn't great in their own right.

didn't read

If it's because of the flag I'm an English expat, read it

>normies actually believe la masia study scholes because of a fake xavi quote
absolutely hilarious

if they rated him that highly why did they never put him in the uefa team of the year?

(hint, its because they never actually did rate him or say all of those made up quotes about him)

gerrard made it 3 times btw

King Krule played for United?

The football world rated him so highly that he never got into a UEFA or FIFA team of the year while Gerrard was in three of each, the UEFA team of the century and finished top 3 in the Balon D'Or

>Expat in US
So an immigrant then?

Funny, the customers at my work were having a cry about this yesterday. Gerrard and Lampard were both better. Not a fan of any of their respective clubs. Le quotes man was world class at getting yellow cards, massive fedora opinion to say he was the best English midfielder.