Why aren't they as popular as Chelsea?

why aren't they as popular as Chelsea?

Attached: 316px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png (316x316, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0s03gz8jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they're bland as fuck

Chelsea was actually a relevant team even before the Abramovich take over. They'd won a couple FA cups the years before he came in and finished top 4 a few times.

It's the Oasis club. Like Elton John with watford.

because this is their history.

Attached: skysports-stuart-pearce-manchester-city_3846036.jpg (640x360, 31K)

and also they had more european trophies even before the Abramovich era than Arsenal and of course City

Despite the memes, Chelsea have had at least a bit of history.

if they build a statue now of kompany lifting the trophy then they'll be a really prestigious club in 70 years

it's a bit like the difference between a neighbourhood where the trees are 150+ and a young planted tree on a new build estate . an old tree supports thousand times more life than the young one

Not enough relatable english lads like Terry and Lampard part of the core team
None of their managers played the media half as well as peak Mou
Zero serious champions league challenges

people ignore this

Chelsea had soul

City has some great players but none of them has any personality, neither does guardiola

I guess it's because united took most of the Manchester fanbase.

stuart pearce, I hear he's mental lol.

Because people like Jewish money an hate Arab money

Chelsea was and still is a iconic club with likable players and the Mou era was kino. They are boosting by jewish money but yet I don't recognize them as a plastic team.

As a Chelsea fan this is music to my ears.

Chelsea hoovered up a lot of the plastics and gloryhunters from that period pretty much. City's fanbase IS growing, it'd be hard not to after that success which naturally creates gloryhunters, but at a slower rate.

Imagine supporting a team from an ocean away, literally from another country. Why are the Irish literally incapable of supporting their domestic game? Fucking cringe.

Our own domestic league is shite in comparison. We have gaelic sports here which are more popular my seething /arse/ fren.

They are just nothing to care about. The only win of theirs that ever mattered was the first title that stole it from Ferguson, truly a great season and to win a league on goals difference of all things, amazing.

But now, nobody cares, centurions, nobody cares, wins 15 games in a row to win the league nobody cares transfers nobody cares success nobody cares. I thought people would absolutely HATE Man City by now, but nobody seems to give a shit if they win either way.

Man. City are NPCs. City winning the league is like no one winning the league.

I am a United fan and it doesnt even bother me desu. Only Liverpool or Leeds winning would piss me off.

If they win the CL I would be pretty mad though.

>City winning the league is like no one winning the league.

This is what it feels like. People seemed to be happier that Liverpool lost the league than caring about City winning it again. Even then, nobody seemed to give a shit about Liverpool winning the CL, at least nobody hated that as much as even the thought of them winning the league.

I'd only hate City winning the CL because I don't want Guardiola to win it.

Chelseafag here. I was also indifferent to City winning the league and as equally happy about Liverpool not winning it and seeing United and Arsenal continuing to suck.

I don't see City winning UCL even with Pep. UEL maybe but they always peak in the UCL group stages so no demotion to UEL that way.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0s03gz8jI

Exactly, Chelsea always had a loyal following.

Me too user.

Let user support the best club in England fren. It's not his fault that Ireland doesn't have any proper teams. I honestly can't think of a single one.

why would that make it less popular? Oasis was massive around the world (except here in america)

Chelsea have always been a big club

Because Chelsea were pretty popular locally before, and they're in london
MCFC are from Manchester, a smaller city dominated by United

Deep down inside everyone knows that it's much harder to win a league with lelverpool's meme tactics and players, which is why nobody cared when they won the UCL. Not even Yea Forums seethed as much as scousers thought the board would, which explains why they made so many bait threads that everyone basically ignored.

Cope

Before the oil money, Chelsea were Everton-tier, a good top half club with some fairly recent success.

Before the oil money, Man City were West Brom-tier, known for having decent support for a shit club.

I like how this thread is a bunch of foreign flags patting themselves on the back for their oligarch-backed team having more foreign bandwagoners than another oligarch-backed team. You have no idea what they were like before Abramovich as that is exactly when you started supporting then, cope

>Has never been to Manchester

Manchester is mostly United fans.

I like Chelsea more, but I looked into it and City seem to have won more trophies before oil money than chelsea do I remember correctly? Chelsea was simply growing by the end of 90s, wasn't it?

You are correct. Chelsea won 1 (one) league before the money, while Man City had 2, and Chelsea had 3 FA cups while Man City had 4. However, Chelsea's were more recent.

but Chelsea had 3 european cups and now thay have 6 european cups. City had only 1 (one) and nothing has changed

Basically, Chelsea hoovered up the undecided plastics in the souf while Man Utd had already hoovered up the undecided plastics in the norf. Manchester was already taken. They should have bought a midul club like Birmingham City or Wolves.

Stop inflating your numbers. No one gives a shit about the super cup.

Cause they’re more popular than chelshit

trophy is a trophy

are you a Spurs fan for some reason?

>why aren't they as popular as Chelsea?
They are unironically more popular than Chelsea. No one actually likes Chelsea but at least Shitty play good football.

Surprised it took a non-retarded billionaire so long to buy a midul team as it seems like the best way to be successful, wolves are gonna be big desu

>trophy is a trophy
No it isn't. A super cup is a glorified pre-season friendly.

yes, it is.
>super cup
>freindly
kek
This could be shock for you but the Super Cup have greater value than yours Audi or Skoda cup.

City are nowhere near as big a club in terms of fan base as City.

Also, When City wins literally no one gives a fuck except Liverpool fans. Chelsea actually have rivalrys.

Absolutely fucking based. Yea Forums is full of burger flags who only started watching football after 2009 and other foreign flag customers pretend that they know how Chelsea (or the league in general) were like before Abramovic's takeover.

>City are nowhere near as big a club in terms of fan base as City.
What?

I don’t know what 90s you lived in

I said what I said.

No I meant Chelsea are a bigger club then City and are more popular in terms of fans.

Reminder

Attached: 1555370066973.png (471x2204, 753K)

>wigan and portsmouth's FA cup titles count but Liverpool's CL titles don't

Chelsea are the pantomime villains of English football along with Millwall and Leeds so they've always had a big draw of support from the far right and all the white, conservative home counties. Man City was a nice little community like Charlton Athletic before they got bought out, they had no pulling power unless you actually lived within ear shot of Maine Road.

machester city might be the most boring blandiest big team in the entire world