Was it CTE? How long before other top NFL players start pulling this shit?

Was it CTE? How long before other top NFL players start pulling this shit?

Attached: elite-athlete-andrewluck.jpg (1300x732, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/local/man-charged-in-2012-fatal-hammer-attack-had-history-of-mental-illness/2013/04/23/b0b90172-abc9-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dak is next

1. No it wasnt.
2. The only person they’re “hurting” is themselves. They’re passing up millions of dollars

How many millions do you really need in one lifetime, though? And be honest, if I were to tell you that you have the options of dying penniless in the street or wrecking your body for the Clots, you'd at least give it pause to think it over.

What good is millions of dollars if you're braindead?

2nd point is a strong one - I don't think Brady would be playing anymore if he hadn't ever won anything.

Oh no how will he survive with only 50m in the bank instead of 100

Passing up a lifetime of injuries and pain while still having multi millions seems pretty good to me

This guy is spectrum'd as fuck. He's going to make tons of money using his tism for architecture.

>retires because he's sick of being injured and having to come back before he's fully recovered, and expecting to get injured again as it's part of the game
what's the issue? He's already rich enough; might as well avoid fucking his body up even further

average NFL career is 3-4 years, Why does this surprise eggball fans

I only blame him for deciding to retire right before the season starts. It pretty much fucks over the Colts this year.

Philip rivers never won anything and he still plays.

He is going to the XFL

Clots mismanagement was literally killing him. Maybe he comes back after year off (unlikely).

>start pulling this shit?
just finish guzzling media narrative cum huh? good players have been occasionally retiring early in football since it began. it's inherently not a sport for the faint of heart or well-adjusted

he got sacked 18 times in 16 games last year lol

He won’t come back as a player but if you think someone won’t hire him as a QB coach you’re crazy.
Give him a couple years to get his mind right, man loves the game he’ll be back in some capacity

>being able to walk and not be eternally in pain
>money, when you already have enough for multiple lifetimes if you don't spend it like a retard
hmm

More like damaged kidneys

He’s getting 25 million dollars unconditionally

it's fucking crazy Luck retired before Brady

where's this meme that qbs are all inevitable crippled brain goo if they stay around coming from? this isn't 1978 and they aren't linemen. they barely get hit anymore. they have by far the lowest injury rate of any position now

other NFL player already have started pulling this shit Gronk, Calvin Johnson, and Patrick Willis all retired in the prime of their careers recently

because the science shows irreversible brain damage starts as soon as hs football
the longer you play at any position the worse it is for your brain

I sort of get that since he didn't give you a heads up to fund a replacement but I still think you guys are better off. Personally I don't think you guys should really want them to draft a qb from this last draft. The Oregon guy, tua, and lawrence should be the guys you should want to go after. And I think the current backup should be enough to man the fort in the mean time

you know how contrived and shit those "studies" are?

that might be on average, but luck himself gets beatup almost as much as cam. Hell he already had to miss a whole year because of it

Gronk and Megatron did it already. It is accelerating now. It wasn't a big deal until a quarterback joined in.

Probably none because he was one of the few "normal" guys

Gronk's health and injury history were shit, he was nowhere near in his prime.

He did them a solid by fucking them over this year. The QB draft class for 2020 is leaps and bounds better than this year's draft.

It was the piss poor Colts organization.

Barry Sanders is the archetype for retiring at the top of his game. Gronk was an injury-prone husk of what he once was.

The Chargers typically have a solid O-Line. Luck got zero protection his entire career.

>Luck drops back
>Pressure immediately in his face
>Gets the ball off but not soon enough to stop a 300 lb giganigga from pile-driving his liver
>but he wasn’t sacked!

This is the key. He’s white so he won’t have 400 brothers, uncles, nieces, and cousins expecting to leech off him and he won’t blow $10,000,000 on jewelry like your average black player

You get irreversible brain damage from being blackout drunk but nobody complains about high schoolers doing that

It would actually be suffering having to spend so much time around roided up retards

This man still has the best retirement in sports

>retires at half-time

Attached: maxresdefault(11).jpg (1280x720, 114K)

That's literally illegal in your country. Maybe lay off the booze, you just proved the guy you're arguing with right.

>tfw too educated for roided meatheads

He is too smart for the NFL. He's aready rich enough to keep risking brain injuries.

Based

phillip rivers is fucking delusional

Implying the Colts weren’t anything but fucked without Luck

The Davis family is the absolute bottom tier for niggery

Reminder that one of the brothers is in prison for murdering a man with a hammer
washingtonpost.com/local/man-charged-in-2012-fatal-hammer-attack-had-history-of-mental-illness/2013/04/23/b0b90172-abc9-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html

>noooo you can't think of yourself first, you HAVE to go out and get braindamaged so fatsos on the couch can cheer for their team
>t-think of all those millions you could make!
Why are NFL fans so obsessed with muh millions? It's the first thing they mention when some player kneels again

Yeah cause he needs the money to support his 9 kids lmao

NFL lardasses are the ultimate cucked losers. They would rather these dudes just destroy themselves until a team just cuts them so they can laugh at them rather than have a dude retire on his own terms

It’s “illegal” to drive 27 in a 25mph zone and nobody gives a shit about that. There’s a difference between laws and norms retard.

Drug and alcohol abuse among teenagers has always been a hot topic here and we had the lowest drinking age in the world.
I doubt nobody in the US cares about highschoolers drinking themselves into a coma

It's not even being cucked I just noticed they always bring up the money whenever a player expressing his opinion on anything

Football destroys your brain. This is why John Urschel retired because he wanted to get a PhD in Mathematics and saw football would destroy that chance by making his brain into mush.

Attached: john urschel.jpg (2048x1420, 462K)

What the fuck do you even do with 50 more millions on tope of the hundreds you already have? I'm only a third world shitter so I don't understand, but please enlighten me on what you can even buy with that that isn't just luxury spending.

>shit studies
Bro, then why did an MIT Doctoral student who also happened to play on the Balitmore Ravens retire the moment he saw those studies?

Attached: john-urschel-ravens-july-header1.jpg (600x400, 169K)

QBs have longer careers than average because the rules baby them.

yeah he had the lowest sack rate of any qb in the entire league but somehow was getting murdered every play, managed to always get rid of it, stay healthy and have a top 3-5 season last year. he'd be the instant goat if that was the case.

he was 28th/34 in pressures last year. one of his strong traits was avoiding pressure but if he only gets sacked once a game throwing 40 times/game he isn't getting harassed that much

just because you're a math wizard doesn't mean you you're some expert authority and understand the dynamics of other fields. only a brainlet would think this. if your car broke down would you trust his opinion over a mechanics?

that study he retired off of was from families who had suspected clear behavioral problems donating the brains to study and there was zero control group

I know you're retarded but scientists lie just like everyone else if it will benefit them

>if your car broke down would you trust his opinion over a mechanics?

Yes, because he'd tell me I'm a brainlet for having an internal combustion engine rather than an electric engine that requires zero maintenance.

Literally did not happen, though. He had one of the best O-lines in football. Luck has every right to retire whenever he wants but don't pretend it's because of anything other than him pussing out.

Luck left because, let's be honest here, no one wants to live in that midwest shithole.

>walks away with an additional $24.8M on top of the $97M he's made prior to this season
he's set for the rest of his life, age 29 and he'll never have to work another day in his life if he's smart about it.

can't blame the guy about it

>that isn’t just luxury spending
silly poor people, you’ll never understand that it’s about power not some number on an atm screen. There’s an expression here that calls that kind of money “fuck you money” because after a certain point, you have access to power. It’s always preferable to be more powerful than who ever else you’re with

>you will never retire at 29, a multimillionaire with a stanford degree and playoff wins as an NFL QB

Feels badman.

Based Philip is a high T alpha Male who literally cant stop impregnating his wife. His dominant genetics wont allow him to retire until he is physically unable to play

He's just too stupid to pull out.

Rumor has it that Philip Rivers has taken care kids outside of his marriage. He's been plowing other women since HS and college before he met his sweethart.

Indy isn’t bad. It’s “boring” but it isn’t a Cleveland/Detroit/st. Louis shithole. And Luck is a pretty relaxed guy, it fits him well

He also played for the Colts

Its football, tardstick.

the o-line was good last year, but early in his career it was so bad that it was a meme

Where are the funny memes about this tardstick?

Luck didn’t have the willpower to be an all time great. Favre, Manning, and Roethlisberger have been through just as much pain and they played full careers. He chose the path of least resistance like a woman. Besides, didn’t he hurt his own shoulder goofing off on a snowboard? Wonder what caused his calf problems... he seemed fine in the pro-bowl.... gimme back my 4 lost Manning Years, you suspiciously Semitic looking cuck!

Attached: 1E87D287-48A0-4EB1-BA6A-03A250AB7CE2.jpg (750x637, 345K)

No one will remember your name

Yeah bro just smash your head into 300 lbs men for 20 years straight, I'm sure you'll be fine.