Everton 1-0 Watford
Norwich City 3-1 Newcastle United
Southampton 1-2 Liverpool
Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Sheffield United 1-0 Crystal Palace
Chelsea 1-1 Leicester City
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester United

>PL in Europe this coming week
Thursday 8:00pm: Torino v Wolverhampton Wanderers (UEFA Europa League PO, 1st leg)

>Week 3 fixtures (Saturday 3:00pm unless stated)
Aston Villa v Everton (Friday 8:00pm)
Norwich City v Chelsea (Saturday 12:30pm)
Brighton & Hove Albion v Southampton
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Sheffield United v Leicester City
Watford v West Ham United
Liverpool v Arsenal (Saturday 5:00pm)
AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City (Sunday 2:00pm)
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United (Sunday 4:30pm)
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Burnley (Sunday 4:30pm)

Attached: i[1].png (500x500, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/09/newsstory.sport6
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44980113
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436651
sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/latest-sunderland-afc-news/us-billionaire-michael-dell-part-of-investement-group-closing-in-on-sunderland-deal-491771
inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alexis-sanchez-wages-manchester-united-cleaners-living-wage/
youtube.com/watch?v=qoHzgCcQsXg
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628
youtube.com/watch?v=CFnymJDZAS8
twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/status/499477387575574529
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for pukki

The issue with the Bury/Bolton thing is what are you supposed to do? Bail the clubs out so that the crooked owners can steal or waste all the money again?

Unless you want to turn the league into a franchise system clubs are always going to go bust.

The EFL should have taken some fucking responsibility, that's what should have happened.

Vittu pois, kylmyyttä.

The history doesn't go anywhere, the 'new' club is the same as the old one. AFC Wimbledon are FA cup winners and I will never be convinced otherwise.

And do what? The same thing would have happened just earlier.

What does taking responsibility mean in your mind. They can't legally force a owner to sell his club, the can't (or shouldn't) be sending loans to these clubs since it'll be an obvious unfair advantage that other lower league clubs will complain about, they can't postpone their season since it'll fuck over other clubs

Fuck me its like saying Rangers fans think their new franchise is anything different from the old Rangers, history is attached to a town not a club

>The same thing would have happened just earlier.
It wouldn't have if the EFL actually gave a fuck.

>What does taking responsibility mean in your mind.
Not coming out with moronic shit like pic related and actually accept there's a problem.

Attached: ECcCnwVXUAABgcB[1].png (594x475, 62K)

Um, honey-buns, they're not. AFC Wimbledon are not FA Cup Winners and neither are Milton Keynes Dons F.C. FA Cup Winners. Wimbledon F.C are the winners of the FA Cup.

>accept there's a problem.
and then what?

ldu quito vs boca in 10 minutes, should be decent lads

haha yeah

sorry, I'm drinking and watching movies til I pass out

And take steps to ensure a situation like this never happens again.

So you mean you just want them to say theres an issue and thats it? Fine they're idiots but they can't do anything regardless, the situation isn't their fault

>take steps
such as?

What can they actually do though? There are always going to be owners who just decide they've had enough and refuse to put any more money in. You can do as many checks as you like to make sure the money is there, there's no mechanism to make them spend it.

I don't know what you could do change this.

Same place, same fans, same club, same honours. I remain unconvinced.

>Bail the clubs out
Bayern did that with Dortmund.

haha yeah

Nationalise Bury & Bolton. NOW.

fans should buy the clubs tbqh

Except not same honours. If United disappeared and AFC Manchester City United F.C. came up, it would not have the same honours as the original club. That's kind of the point. The trophies say United, not Manchester City United.

>So you mean you just want them to say theres an issue and thats it?
Of course not. What I'd want them to do is admit they have a part to play in all of the shit that's gone on down the years. Christ, the previous chief exec of the EFL was head of Bradford and Leeds when both of them almost went down the shitter.

>Fine they're idiots but they can't do anything regardless, the situation isn't their fault
This latest iteration is, considering they allowed Dale to take over without full approval.

>Such as?
Actually make the Owners and Directors' Test effective and not just a bunch of rubbish.

>Eddie Nketiah scored on his Championship debut to earn Leeds United a late but deserved win at home to Brentford.
Still trying to wrap my head around why Arsenal loaned him out. Dude has 2 goals in 2 games now. I mean I'd get it if Arsenal had some quality FW's vying for time but they don't. Ah well, I expect Arsenal to sell him for a packet of crisps and half a Snicker end of the season anyway.

>Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are among Europe's top clubs interested in signing Bayer Leverkusen's Germany forward Kai Havertz, 20, who is valued at £91m. (Sport1 - in German)
Oh clearly not his agent bigging him up, no sir. Even using Transfermarkt, he's only £81m.

Why is it up to the EFL to make sure the finances at Bury/Bolton are up to scratch? If they're not able to pay theirs costs/debts, that brings its own troubles. Why doesn't the EFL just back away and just let it play out on its own?

>Germany forward Kai Havertz
literally who

>Why doesn't the EFL just back away and just let it play out on its own?
And watch both clubs collapse. Yeah, that would look great on them.

What ever happened to Werner

It doesn't matter how convoluted a scenario you come up with. In my opinion as long as there is a single successor club which plays in the same place then it's the same club.

Aren't they collapsing anyway? I'm not paying much attention to the story but the EFL cancel some fixtures because the clubs couldn't pay creditors? It seems like they're hurting the clubs, not helping them.

Some 'shadow striker' who has a few goals and assists. That's basically it. Nowhere near worth £91m. If he's £91m, then Haland is worth that.

Attached: Haland.png (687x182, 10K)

haha yeah

aw come on

>Wales manager Ryan Giggs has defended Daniel James and urged referees to protect him after the Manchester United winger was booked for diving.
Fucking Christ. The kid dived. Stop pretending he didn't and 'it's c-c-cause he runs fast, la!'.

Why don't Oldham and Rochdale help Bury out and then they can all merge together at the end of the season?

theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/09/newsstory.sport6

did a 'haha yeah' poster btfo or something?

He did dive but I don't think he dived when he got booked,I also sorta can understand the argument since he's literally built like a primary school kid

>c-c-cause he runs fast
It's more because he's a midget at 5'7.

haha yeah

Mike Dean will be the referee for Tottenham-Newcastle
How did he piss off Pochetino the last time?

It's part of a situation that's been going on for a long time where clubs go bust, don't pay their creditors, and then a new owner takes over a now debt free club and the worst penalty previously was a relegation caused by points deduction.

It had to stop eventually, and Bury and Bolton are the ones who were unlucky that it happened this season.

I could explain but it's easier for me to go haha yeah.

haha yeah.

Pochettino was charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3, alleging that a) his language and/or behaviour on the field of play at the end of the fixture amounted to improper conduct and b) his language and/or behaviour in or around the tunnel area at the end of the fixture amounted to improper conduct.

Furthermore, he received a two-game touchline ban and a £10,000 fine.

I'm sure it's the first time they've had two clubs in the third tier be on the verge of extinction though.

Previous occasions you had sides like Chester City, Darlington and Hereford United drop out of the fourth tier before they went bust.

Is this a popular club? haha, it has a similar name to a website we must irrationally hate haha.

Attached: redditch.png (400x400, 115K)

>club goes bust
>ceases to exist
>'new owner' has to start from scratch
I don't see the problem with this.

It's possible there have been but nearly always in the past some arrangement was made to pay off a token settlement and leave the club in the charge of someone who could at least be trusted to use the gate receipts to pay the players. I guess it's just gotten worse as the money involved even at lower levels becomes too much to cover by local businessmen and buckets being passed around.

It's fucked really, I just can't see what the solution is.

That's how it has to work, or what's the incentive for all the other shit clubs to play by the rules.

>Manchester United and Inter Milan are yet to reach an agreement over a deal for forward Alexis Sanchez.

>The Serie A side were hoping to find out if they had a chance of signing Sanchez, initially on loan, by the middle of this week. But 30-year-old Sanchez's £390,000-a-week salary is proving to be problematic as Inter are only prepared to pay less than half of the amount.

>United view this offer as unacceptable, while Sanchez himself wants to leave. The former Barcelona and Arsenal player is looking to link up again with his friend and former United striker Romelu Lukaku - but he is thought to be loath to accept the kind of significant wage cut that would make the move easier to complete.

J U S T
F U C K
M Y
W A G E
S T R U C T U R E
U P

>It's fucked really, I just can't see what the solution is.
As sad it is, there looks to be no solution. The day a PL club goes bankrupt (unlikely) is the moment it'll change, but how many FL clubs will have gone out of existence by then?

Also there's other stuff involved in both situations. The Bury owner has rejected offers that would see the club stay in the league to try to get a better deal and with Bolton there was, or still is, a court case blocking a sale of the club.

I thought Sanchez was on £500k p/w

Not sure what this PL/FL dichotomy is about. FL clubs get less revenue but they also have less expenses.

>wage cut

Attached: BOSS.png (704x396, 342K)

>Not sure what this PL/FL dichotomy is about.
Just saying the only moment either organisation would take notice is if a top flight side went out of business.

starting bonuses and I think he got a paycut when United failed to get in one of the champions league spots

I can't even think of a scenario where a club could go bust while still in the PL desu. You surely couldn't even amass enough debt while not getting relegated that player sales and the 90 million yearly payment wouldn't cover a deal with creditors.

If the glazers got arrested then refused to sell would United not go bust from their crippling debt

>I can't even think of a scenario where a club could go bust while still in the PL desu.
That's what I mean: it would never happen. Portsmouth's the only one to ever come close.

You know where you belong

yeah haha.

Didn't QPR come close too?

QPR were facing ejection for breaching FFP in the Championship, not the PL: bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44980113

AH, my bad. QPR was a real meme. I had hoped that they'd rape it up. Sadly they did not. They bought some real wew players, didn't they? Imagine a big team, bought out and competently run with financial backing. Imagine Arsenal with the lad they have doing transfers now with a £500m budget. Would he wheel and deal? I suspect he'd have to. What about Spurs? I don't think either owners want to sell out but it's a nice theoretical.

>The takeover of French Ligue 1 side Nice by British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe has been cleared by the country's competition authority.

>Ratcliffe, Britain's third richest man, reportedly had a €100m (£88.77m) offer accepted earlier this year.

>He also owns Swiss second division side Lausanne, which he took over in 2017.

>Nice, managed by former Arsenal and France midfielder Patrick Vieira, are joint top of the French top-flight, winning both of their opening games.

>The founder of chemical company Ineos, Ratcliffe is worth £18.15bn. He took over and rebranded cycling's Team Sky in May and also invested £110m in Britain's America's Cup sailing team last year.

Feel like I’ve heard of Ineos somewhere before, as if they’re the bad guys in a film or something

how did you do in your gcses lads?

They took over Team Sky in the cycling

>£88.77m
>A football club in france costs less than a player

7 A's and 3 B's
Then got 2 U's, 1 D and a B in my AS levels
Good times

ake out
mina in
haller out
memekki in

green arrows for days cunts

what happened there then, did you discover weed?

i bet one of the b's was maths
then essay subjects at AS

A few years ago the kid would be worth £25m max. What happened? Is it truly psg's fault?

man u's

Not sure that’s true.

Waiting to watch Jofra smash some heads today

Worked with Pompey and Wolcves

Alexis and Neymar announcements when?

6 Bs, 2 Cs and one F

Had a chest infection which triggered a bad asthma attack, went into intensive care and had to spend the last 5 weeks before the Easter break in hospital. When I got back they didn't give me any additional time or let me repeat the year

Hope he smashes your head

Unlikely. Don’t think he could bowl a ball fast enough to reach me grinning Leeds

lol asthma, just breathe more

there's only a bit of bloody cricket on lads

stop hiding from the aussies

no

Bold prediction here:
Whoever does not finish 4th out of Arsenal and United will win the Europa League.

(Chelsea will have a tough year. Finish outside top 6)

>Aston Villa v Everton (Friday 8:00pm)
2-1
>Norwich City v Chelsea (Saturday 12:30pm)
2-0
>Brighton & Hove Albion v Southampton
1-0
>Manchester United v Crystal Palace
3-0
>Sheffield United v Leicester City
1-3
>Watford v West Ham United
2-2
>Liverpool v Arsenal (Saturday 5:00pm)
4-0
>AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City (Sunday 2:00pm)
0-3
>Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United (Sunday 4:30pm)
3-0
>Wolverhampton Wanderers v Burnley (Sunday 4:30pm)
1-1

how much did you put on that

Nothing, I don’t gamble. For me gambling doesn’t make watching football more enjoyable. It does the opposite.

Good predictions. I would think arsenal will score tho

I have a sneaky feeling Leicester will get 4th

what are the odds on a based all english chimpinos and europal eagle finals again

Nope

Google it

>They can't legally force a owner to sell his club
That's what's happening with Bolton right now you mong.

PL legend lee cattermole signs for venlo in the eredivisie

right i'm posting here now lads so /cric/ doesn't spoil any wickets for me on account of my delayed stream

He is by far the best german prospect. He will transfer for ~120-150 million € next season.

where's he going? liverpool?????

With Maguire they would’ve. I think they’ll run it close this year and finish 5th or 6th.

Bayern allegedly already has an agreement with the player but they are cheap fucks and Leverkusen's director hates selling to Bayern so who knows.

>this shit again

Well spoil it. We always report wickets here

Archer just got Harris for 8

i mean it's usually me doing the cricket posting so unless there's some other lads in here...

GOTTEM

Fuckinghell rain again

just post in /cric/ you silly cunt

>Liverpool have confirmed that “ambitious new plans now under active consideration” for the redevelopment of Anfield Road. Existing plans for extra 4000 seats to be scrapped in favour of larger scheme that will increase Anfield's capacity to over 60,000.

Wensleydale.co.uk

Gonna get on there straight away. What great advertising on sky sports

let me know what it's for, is it just the cheese or the dale itself
wensleydale is my second favourite dale after swaledale

no

Just cheese. But also chutneys and stuff. You can buy a hamper too.

What date will City take 1st place in the league and then lead for the rest of season to crown their 3rd premier league?

some time in march after the inevitable slippening

>Vincent Kompany will no longer act as a player-manager for Anderlecht on match days, with the Belgium international to focus on on-field matters as the captain.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I doubt Bayern will be able to afford him. It’s nice seeing Buyern get priced out of the best bundes talent.

Attached: DEDCE209-BB0C-4210-8183-CA56EE955B8F.jpg (1598x2015, 652K)

is that an anti-aircraft gun hanging off the back of that boat?

No?! Already! Who is going to coach?

It's an engine lad.

Fuckinghell I know this is a meme but my gf does this and it’s so fucking annoying. My camera roll is filled with 30 of exactly the same photo which she claims are all incorrect except 1 which is literally the exact same photo as all the others

oh yeah lol

>tfw too intelligent to be player manager

Attached: B1cl7aNCEAA7Wjs.jpg (599x522, 59K)

dat boi has her out of frame

Haha

khawaja gone lads

>newcastle are yet to complete a pass inside the opposition box

Attached: EClA2a4X4AEgf3L.png (800x820, 51K)

so who'll buy shelvey and schar when they inevitably get relegated

I love meme stats

Reminder to cheer on Linfield tonight in the Europa League

Why are footballers such thin skinned poofs? They have one disagreement with a manager and they dont play anymore

Schar looks genuinely decent

For me, it's Henry Cavill.

Attached: 1566473191629.jpg (750x1334, 126K)

Works the other way too desu.

are they the good guys? or the prods?

Wayne Rooney was sent off after a strike on an opponent was spotted by VAR in DC United's loss 2-1 to New York Red Bulls, who also ended the game with 10 men.

Following a VAR review, the former Everton and Manchester United striker was given a straight red card in the 24th minute for a high challenge on Cristian Casseres during a corner, which turned out to be an elbow into the face of the midfielder.

They're Northern Irish, so jog on, nonce enabler.

what a cunt

I dont care about that stuff would just be based for a tiny N.I club to make it to the groups

What a madman.

Attached: 1564156011468.webm (1100x850, 1.77M)

Gammon

I was cheering on Dundalk and the Irish clubs too

I thought he signed for Derby?!

Moving in Jan

City and Liverpool could easily make the CL final if they’re kept apart en route.

Attached: A4B55EBF-AD3A-4A75-B226-FB95E96AE670.jpg (700x689, 62K)

Imagine the scenes when City beat Liverpool to win their first CL

Firmino BTFO

Attached: FE613D27-7709-4E63-B143-1099AA7EB569.jpg (828x1416, 553K)

>go to bed
>wake up
>go to work
>come home
>this thread is still up

get a fucking grip of it

(You) #

cricket is killing /epl/

Cricket and /epl/ are the same thing

And looking up, I noticed I was late

Have a strong feeling Greenwood will score this weekend which will force Lingard out the team and create the ultimate young pace strike force of Rashford-Martial-Greenwood

Brighton for dark horses this year? Potter seems to have them playing interesting footie, also all the signings made last summer in an attempt to make Hughton play more interesting football will actually be used properly this season.

Martial is good not the others

Warner gone

how fucking slow is your stream

nice. ball doing anything?

lol reviewed and not out

Not really desu. Been really dull since tea. Warner has got himself into a rhythm and looks dangerous

Will Ashley actually sack Bruce or just let him take them down?

of course he'll let them get relegated
already done it twice

Even after spending some decent money this year?

doesn't matter to ashley as long as the balance sheet has net assets

Warner now actually gone (few mins ago)

They'll be top 10, after Big 6 and Everton/Lestah/Wolves. West Ham and Watford will disappoint, particularly Watford. I could see them getting relegated

I reckon he’ll sack him and appoint another yes man shitter i.e. Martin O’neill

Gracia is apparently very upset with the owners about something from this summer. Can’t remember. Wonder if he’ll end up being sacked and appointed at somewhere like Valencia or Sevilla etc

Wade gone.

Signings perhaps? They only made three.

Probably. Their squad was decent enough though they just needed to hold on to what they had desu

Harvey Price is kill though: bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436651

Will Welbeck be any better?

paine in pain

Welbeck is fundamentally a decent player. Just not as someone who can be relied on for goals. Or fitness. He’s hard working. Fucking fast and technically decent. I remember in the last Fergie CL tie vs Real he was MOTM in both legs.

It’s not exactly been an important fixture for the last 15 years so the question itself is stupid. Neither have won a league title in that period. They haven’t met in a final or semifinal. The most important match between the two in the last 15 years was probably that CL quarter final in 2009.

Wasn’t it LabuSHANE in pain? ( he got whacked in the bollocks)

yeah, i'm an idiot
something so satisfying about watching an aussie take a cricket ball full to the bollocks

> arsenal haven’t won the league for 15 years.

Should have bought Bury instead

quite like graham potter desu
maupay and trossard are interesting signings
finally, some good fucking competition for psg

>mfw I don't care if Bury stops existing or not

Attached: 243578108026212.png (527x502, 339K)

you take that back

Attached: All_Might_swears_to_do_his_best.png (1920x1499, 2.91M)

As long as they don't do a Scarborough they'll be fine, probably be back in League Two within a decade desu.

Fuck knows, can't remember

Average

Got an A in everything. Then I went to college and discovered that it involved actual work rather than just remembering shit.

What happened to Scarborough

Jesus.

Relegated due to the Jimmy Glass miracle and went bust a few years later

fivefer for jof

A lot of drama involving the council, the administrators, various building companies and rival supporters trusts. I dunno which party was mostly to blame but the result was that it took a decade to get a new ground built for them during which time they had to play in Bridlington.

oz all out for 179
6 wickets for archer

Jof Jof Jof Jof

Ozil gay

why aren't bt showing any of the european games? wolves torino could have been fun

It will be tbqhwyl

Mbappe2020?

Attached: DOzN78qUMAAhCfE.jpg (600x600, 36K)

This match will define wolves' season

Win and play in Europe but league position will be effected

Lose and they can focus on the league, maybe break into the top 6

oh yes

Attached: IMG_20190627_080819.jpg (1242x1216, 196K)

premier should have put it on freesports, hopefully they will for the home leg

Attached: 469.jpg (489x499, 27K)

Liverpool can’t afford him tho right?

Thats what Nike is for my brethren

Attached: 5845ca511046ab543d25238a.png (600x515, 63K)

Reminder that Amazon won the rights for the Boxing Day games

Even still. Liverpool’s owners aren’t rich enough.

Attached: lad watching a stoke game.jpg (564x608, 65K)

Good job my gf has amazon prime then.

Does anyone not honestly have amazon prime

Me...

Just received the new Gillette heated razor. Can confirm it’s fucking amazing. Literallly feels like I didn’t even shave

So, it's useless?

The STATE of Qarabag.

>Gillette
Cuck brand

I only just found out about this

Good thing we're at home on boxing day

the real cuck move is to be swayed by advertising at all.

The ABSOLUTE STATE of Qarabag. Cuckolics B T F O.

>he didnt just whack the house on qarabag in play

Excuse me but why the fuck are Celtic playing, they already had their chance, should have to wait another year

they fell out of the CL, not the EL

Don't care, you shouldn't be awarded for fucking up

Europa gets the dregs that couldn't cut it in the real European Cup

>awarded
rewarded and they're not.

Sorry mate, forgot Yea Forums was my fucking GCSE English exam

You mean SAT's and even then I expected a 4 year old to know the difference. But hey, special eds are allowed on /epl/. We have Fitizen for one. Go sit in the corner with him.

You're getting really triggered over grammar buddy, you know it doesn't matter in the real world right?

Fairly certain Maupay is really legit

If speaking like a four year old isn't an issue in your life then fair enough. It would be in mine.

Unironically true

R.I.P Junior N'bombo N'gubu Agogo

Go to Guinness mate, you might have the world record for having your head the furthest up your arse

The average person, even in prestigious jobs, are absolute shite at writing in my experience. Fuck, our PM has dyslexia

one of the top footballing names
up there with abu ogogo and jean louis akpa akpro

Once you get into a reasonably large company and realise how dumb the people at the top there are it becomes clear that being smart doesn't matter, all you need are connections

Which player is going to be racially abused* this weekend?

*called a nigger by nigerian twittter accounts

Attached: BF4D8B86-78A7-4E99-A64A-D17C411B1531.jpg (1859x1167, 266K)

sterling

Van Dijk, he needs to get it so he can win Baloon Dor

Kean

balotelli

With that logic the only European competitions should by the reinstated European Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup. Every Europa League winner’s success is built on failure. Most Champions League winner’s success is built on failure (by not actually winning their league the year before). Don’t see you complaining about that tho

I have legit posted about that before, no champions league trophies count if you didn't win the season before

champions league should be for each league's champions 2bh
2nd-nth shitters can go to the second rate comp

Vee Ay Ar or VAR (rhymes with bar)?

Attached: 10837347263.jpg (535x557, 62K)

VAR (pronounced 'shit')

it's Jay

farce

Don't get why everyone's so angry with VAR when most of the decisions are actually because of that new handball rule

I say VAR. Those who pronounce it as each individual letter are pricks and need shooting.

easy scapegoat
the handball rule is fucking daft though

it's ver

>imagine not winning the league then winning the CL. Doesn’t count.

Europe > UK

Ergo Champions of Europe (Liverpool) is the more prestigious honour

So what were Liverpool champions of to be able to play in the champions league?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahaha

What were Spurs to be in the final?

>Europe > UK
There's a british league?

Fucking lol.
>imagine pretending to be the “champions of Europe “ when you can’t even win your own league!!!!!!!

I dunno it makes sense to me

If you're going to call it the "champions league" instead of the good ol' European cup then it should only be played by teams who have won the league in their country, and it should include all of the countries outside of Europe too

Wut

They shouldn't have been there either

Liverpool basically won a league cup final

lucky

Cope

Such a shame that Linfield conceded that damn 92nd min penalty. They had a good chance of progressing but now Qarabag has two away goals. A 1-0 win is good enough (have a feeling Linfield will be twatted). Such a shame. Also AIK couldn't beat Celtic. Shame.

Yikes.

Pepe, VVD, Obama, Lacazette, Mane, Salah. Depends who wins (protip, it's Liverpool).

Now that Azzah is gone, who’s the best dribbler in the Premier League?

HARRY MONG

oh wait, you meant THAT kind of dribbling

>Manchester United are facing a £12m bill for Alexis Sanchez's wages this season even if the Chile forward, 30, completes a loan move to Inter Milan before next week's European transfer deadline. (ESPN)

>Investment could be coming to Sunderland - details of American ‘consortium’ revealed New York, West Palm Beach, Santa Monica... Sunderland? Meet Michael Dell, John Phelan, Glen Fuhrman and Rob Platek - the men who are hopefully investing in the future of Sunderland AFC.

Attached: _108467101_times1.jpg (976x838, 115K)

Why does the English transfer window shut so early? Surely it puts English clubs at a disadvantage compared to other European teams

sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/latest-sunderland-afc-news/us-billionaire-michael-dell-part-of-investement-group-closing-in-on-sunderland-deal-491771

>sunderland with yank owners
we've never seen this before have we

>The decision, voted for by Premier League chairmen, will help clubs avoid squad disruption during the first few weeks of the season, although it could leave them vulnerable to European clubs, who would still be able to poach players from English sides until the end of August.

at risk of sounding English, our time makes sense and it is the Europeans who are wrong

Martial, Silva, Aguero and Traoré

Wenger couldn’t run his club properly so whinged to the authorities to shut the window before the start of the season.

Cringe. Wenger isn't part of the Premier League, retard. He just said it made more sense to close it earlier so your players are nicked after three games, before a key game. How retarded are you? I didn't know a shite manager had so much power he could control minds. Wow. How did he fuck up so much if he could do that?

Wenger was a PL manager at the time the window was brought forward.

No mate, he wasn't part of the Premier League rule committee.

where did I say that
I just said he was a manager at the time of the announcement
turns out it doesn't matter because he'd left by the time the ruling came into force

Fuck off zoomer. If you’d been watching football for more than 3 seasons you’d know this shit all started with Wenger.
>waahhh do something premier league authorities, other teams keep taking my players at the start of the season

rate my
new posting style
no capital letters or
punctuation
I start a
new line whenever I feel like it
fancy norwich to get a shock
win this weekend

didn't disagree, but wenger didn't make them vote, he just said something is my point, you don't vote for somehing and do it because somebody, one person, said it. you do it because you think it is right or multiple people do it.

i am well aware why, which is why i LITERALLY said that he complained that he lost his players 3 games into the season. This is a fair point to make. He did not, however, make the premier league change the rule, he did not personally make them do it, the 'blame' is with the premierleague chairmen, not wenger. other managers have brought it up before as well, not just him.

Almost As Annoying As This Posting Style So Well Done Mate I Rate It 8/Eight

newcastle to
fire big steve the human
cabbage by
late november

This fat cunt really needs to be quiet.

Attached: B6047DC4-DFCC-43C8-9D33-7ED77FB017B8.jpg (750x465, 40K)

>looked this up
>it's real
how in the fuck

Kel. He's really living off those goals he put in against a league 4 side last week

Has Inter even started league yet? I doubt he'll rape it up but we'll see.

Not even the 3rd week and /epl/ is already dead. Ah well.

>Bury Football Club has until 23:59 BST on Friday to avoid being expelled from the English Football League.
>5 Hours Ago

>Bury could be granted an extra 48 hours to avoid expulsion from the English Football League after it emerged four parties are interested in a takeover.
>15 Hours Ago

Well, this is helpful BBC.

my nigga

I can pass you my login info user

Doubt it'd work in Bongland. I think my dad or sister has it, can always ask them. Thanks tho, if you meant it.

True you probably need an amazon.co/uk login, sorry about that. Good thing Boxing Day is months away so you can get the info from them with plenty of time to spare.

Yeah. It doubly sucks because shit like UK Netflix is completely fucked in terms of content. You can't use an American friends login either, you need a VPN that they HAVEN'T blocked and get their login. It is the gayest fucking shit. I hate this pie division of content so you need 20 fucking things. I have Netflix which I barely use to justify its cost, I might cancel it but I use it fill spare time with the odd film or so. So depressing.

reminder to kill a capitalist today

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-081409_Twitter.jpg (1080x1562, 695K)

private ownership is fundamentally incompatible with football clubs

So if I went to UK on holiday and tried to use my Netflix. Would it not work?

Not really, it's not like it's a vital public service. It's just a business like any other, except they manage to make customers get emotionally invested in it

I mean it should be owned and ran by the fans/members not by some one millionaire

If footy fans could be trusted to run a multi-million pound business then presumably they wouldn't be impoverished footy fans?

that system I mentioned works in many countries

you say that but I'm pretty sure that provincial football clubs go out of business all the time all over the world

Happened over the summer with North Ferriby United. I think King's Lynn Town went bust too.

has anyone listened to football weekly with nicky baldini yet? do they talk about her becoming a woman?

>Despite regular lobbying, only four of the 20 Premier League clubs have committed to paying the real Living Wage to all third-party staff. In an age of excess and greed, that is a sporting disgrace
inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alexis-sanchez-wages-manchester-united-cleaners-living-wage/

reckon he's staying put lads

Attached: wZKQ3Xb2Do.png (598x485, 195K)

>muh living wage
People in Africa are living on a lot less than what people in the West are getting so who's to decide what a living wage is? I'm sure those cleaning staff are getting by just fine.

>an age of excess and greed, that is a sporting disgrace
Why does Man City paying Aguero hundreds of thousands a week have to do with what some dinner ladies are paid? This isn't an age of excess or greed, it's just players have been able to leverage their talents more.

This is the shittiest general ever.

Roy gone for nine ffs

fucking roy is SHITE

Now Root ffs
Why are we such eternal bottlejobs

>if the defender had touched the ball with his hand it wouldn't have been a foul

What on earth is everyone talking about? If the spurs defender had hand balled it in his own box it would have been a penalty

I genuinely have no idea what everyone in the media is moaning about and I think it's just an excuse for old boomers to moan about technology

> If the spurs defender had hand balled it in his own box it would have been a penalty
not necessarily. you can only give penos for "deliberate" handballs, whereas any goal that comes from any attacking player handball is automatically disallowed

Boys, can you give link to streams or discord server with stream list? My shitty cable channel didn't buy license so I'm fucked.

Why are millenials from all over the country so obsessed with trying to live in London?

Britain is London-centric

Ah yes, Africa, truly we want to reach their lofty standards

Its only really become that way in the last 20 years

try footybite(.com) or soccerstreams(.net)

because there opportunity to earn a lot more money. there's also a few industries that basically don't exist outside of london

Big wages, lots of late night parties, easy drugs, more open minded to their degeneracy, a feeling that their parents have kept them locked up, a feeling that they are the centre of the world

Timothy Buckingham :D

Attached: ECLhtPBW4AApDjF.jpg (626x891, 55K)

Yaaaaar. Thank you

what in the name of god was that ben stokes

Why should badly ran clubs be rewarded for their failure?

They shouldn’t. Bury should be allowed to die. We don’t want to turn into a protective commie style American league.

Attached: 4A2F71AB-12C3-449A-9BD3-F61E15BA7930.jpg (900x1200, 205K)

because football clubs are important parts of communities and society more generally and need to be protected

because its the efl's fault and they should take responsability and withou these clubs entire towns will cease to exist and bury and boltons achievments will be forever wiped from the annals of history and its not fair on the kids who areonly growing up but ultimately its the EPLs fault for creating a society where clubs must spend money

Work Africa tier jobs, get Africa tier wages.

we're absolutely shite lads
fucking reaching for balls a foot wide of off stump

Why the fuck are you calling it “holiday”?

They aren't living in Africa though, their livingcosts is higher purely via living not in Africa so they argument makes no sense

I don’t get it. Club borrowed £7 m and only has to pay back £1.75 m. That’s £5.25 m that they get to keep. Why is this a problem for commie losers?

You're right; you don't get it, brainlet

shittest gimmick of the summer this lad

You can probably spend less just buying dvd’s at local video/record stores. There are only a few dozen good movies in existence anyways and an ocean of shit that will for your brain. Might as well start a collection of the few gems like Braveheart and Last of the Mohicans.

/epl/ would have died on more than one occasion this season already if i weren't bumping it

Over £5 m in free money, what a travesty lol. Commies are truly subhuman.

and?

you probably think it's fine to let bury and bolton die too
tory behaviour

/epl/ has been dead for years, case in point you bragging about keeping it on life support with cricket shitposts

Are you pretending to be retarded?

They also get paid a lot more than Africans. They’re getting by just fine and I bet if you went to their house they’d have every modern amenity you can think of. Flat screen TV, Air conditioning, Dish washer, smart phone, etc.
And they live in the UK so their healthcare is free, education is free, what exactly are they dying of?
That is the implication. When someone isn’t making a “living wage” they must be dying due to lack of funds right?

Is your commie brain broken? Explain to me what’s so unjust about being expected to pay a fraction of your debt.

For sunday league teams yes

You've used the word 'commie' 3 times in 3 posts yet you completely misunderstood the original tweet

i don't think you understand the situation or that tweet fella

Real Madrid are the champions of Yurop laddy

hunnie...

Attached: D8FK8InWwAAMElx.jpg (1561x1058, 548K)

Nice comprehension. The point is that the term is pretty meaningless.

Anyway, of course we don't to aspire to be like them. But that doesn't mean that asking companies to pay a certain level of pay is going to help anybody. Making it illegal to pay belong £20/hr isn't going to make us all rich.

didnt know Liverpool had won 14 champions leagues friend

But giving staff a living wage when your company makes so much money they couldn't possibly spend it is a valid question to ask, especially when these people do contribute to the betterment of the club regardless of if you personally think they're worthless. Its far better to have them working than sitting on the dole

a majority of madrid's european cups are asterisked

There’s no misunderstanding. The club issued bonds totaling £7m to the former owner’s other company. A third company, RCR, bought that debt and is asking to be paid just a fraction of what is owed. My guess is you’re triggered by the fact that RCR stands to make a large profit since they bought the bonds for such a low price? Idk really. I think you retards are just mad whenever you hear about someone potentially making money.

Paolo Bandini from the guardian podcast now thinks he's a woman

Let's talk about football

also asterisks on Slippy's dive and Sissoko's fake "hand"ball

Maybe one day they'll chalk off a few more for killing those people Heysel

Well Liverpool fans have murdered probably hundreds of people so they really should have been disbanded as a terrorist organization 30 years ago.

You're making a lot of assumptions. I don't get what angers you about people wanting a basic livng wage with basic western conveniences for working. They aren't looking to earn millions and the clubs can easily afford it. Also almost no homes in the UK have ACs

agreed

that's just playing the game mate

as for
>yanks
shan't be responding to that

Attached: GG-vALUAg2qJxG2s.webm (720x720, 704K)

You post a webm of Klopp counting to 96 and talk about it as part of the game

Scousers are shameless murderers

best away fans you've seen?

Sports esp football

has to be liverpool for me

Manchester Uniteds are GOAT!

official sports discussed in /epl/

1. league footy
2. cricket
3. yanks offing each other
9001. non-league footy

Best: my club
Worst: your club

or literally every Bundesliga club?

>living wage
You still assume this has some sort of meaning. I was speaking to a older man the other day who grew up sleeping three to a bed. Clearly, he was able to stay alive. What people require to 'live' changes from generation to generation as we get richer.

>when your company makes so much money they couldn't possibly spend it
Well, that's nonsense.

>contribute to the betterment of the club
That's what they get their wages for.

>if you personally think they're worthless
I think you're worthless, not them.

>Its far better to have them working than sitting on the dole
Who says they'll be on the dole? If you have cleaning staff at the club, they might be ladies with a husband who has a better job. Some other jobs could be done by youngsters who are living at home (or only renting a room instead of a whole apartment or paying a mortgage) and might move on to a better job after their experience at the club. This is another difficulty in working out what somebody needs to supposedly live.

Britghton, back when they were in the 5th tier and got to Anfielfd for the FA Cup.

Fun fact - around 30% of staff working for Liverpool in areas like retail and waitressing also do the exact same job at Everton.

So they're actually getting two paydays each month.

You're advocating people living in bed of three and living like africans in your posts, have a sneaky feeling i'm arguing with bamford

>So they're actually getting two paydays each month.
For working two jobs

only cos you hooked up with a brighton bloke after

tesdt

so they are part timers?
why would they deserve two living wages

The jobs are inherenly part time, nobody in either club would be getting 40 hours a week in those roles

2 x 20hrs @ £7.80/hr is less than 1 x 37,5hrs @ £9/hr

>You're advocating people living in bed of three and living like africans in your posts, have a sneaky feeling i'm arguing with bamford
Are you fucking retarded, mate?

Why would they deserve any living wage from a part time job?

If anything, part timers should be paid more per hour, since they have the same expenses but can only work less hours

Or they have multiple part time jobs?

then why choose 2 part time jobs

im going to tell my boss next week im cutting down to 3 hours a day and expect to be paid more per hour

Unemployment is at record levels and you want people whoreding all the jobs to themselves?

>choose
literally what world do you live in

Why call it a “living wage” when it’s not about life or death but about being able to afford a few additional luxuries on top of the ones you can already afford?

save us jof!

the absolute state of it
(buttler's gone now as well)

Attached: chrome_BkJw8Cj7tF.png (926x639, 632K)

People should be paid whatever wage they’re willing to work for. If it truly wasn’t a “living wage” they literally would be unable to work for that wage. They would be forced to look for a different job that pays them at least enough to survive on.

the one where apprenticeships exist

Is there actually an England cricket match going on right now? That would be mad.

struggling to see the logic in this post

It's the living wage, rather than the just about surviving wage.

how is an unpaid apprenticeship equivalent to working?

It's illegal not to pay apprentices lad

Football is dead. It's a global game in a national world. Rugby is now the sport of the people.

>Klopp says Naby Keita will be out for a few more weeks with ongoing hip problem. #LFC

67 (sixty-seven) all out

trail by 112 lmao

based /rug/ chad

redpill me on Bury FC lads

RIP

67 all out fml

pay denbts

NHS nurses should be earning the same as premier league footballers

Simple as

>Liverpool have confirmed they are to abandon current plans to redevelop Anfield in favour of a more ambitious scheme that will increase the stadium’s capacity beyond 60,000.
Will we see Liverpool overtake Man Utd in terms of 'bigness' in our lifetime, lads?

already happened lad

They’d need to win some league titles to do that.

Does this mean Blackburn are bigger than Liverpool?

Yep. Problem?

I mean when it comes to revenue and fans, that sort of thing.

well if man u don't get better and liverpool don't get worse at some point then probably

Of you’re alive you’re living. Don’t know what other definition that isn’t based on some kind of woman logic there could be.

>I don't want to survive, I want to LIVE!
Fag.

bigot

will that retard arguing about living wages kindly fuck off
same fag that was calling everyone Tories a few weeks ago
Facebook levels of banter

>/epl/ is one person

The current owner (and the previous one) make their money through convoluted schemes involving the transfer of debts and flogging off company assets. Normally no one gives a fuck but it happens to involve a football club this time so it's a big deal. Why he won't sell the club is anyone's guess, but clearly he expects to make more money by not doing so.

who (if anyone) can stop liverpool this season?

All me

Think I'm going to start saying that League One is the new Championship and talking about how it's the best league in Europe.

fucking hell these just keep getting madder and madder

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-151934_Twitter.jpg (992x1001, 274K)

redpill me on league one

it's the new Championship and statistically the best league in Europe

Big clubs (Sunderland etc), big characters (Joey Barton etc), big drama (whatever is going on at Bury and Bolton). It's got it all.

>A goal against Arsenal will make Firmino the first Brazilian to score 50 goals in Premier League history
Strange stat. For one I assumed he was on more than 49 already, and for two I assumed there'd be a Brazilian on more than that.

Combined XIs are just awful in general, I've literally never seen a worthwhile one. Then every once in a while you'll see one made up of just one teams' players for a cheap laugh.

Speaking of Barton, what's going on with him decking Stendel? Did the police just give up on that.

firmino, salah and mane could plausibly (likely) all be top 20 all time goalscorers for liverpool by the end of this season
seems bizarre to me

Coutinho's second on 41. Third, massive leap again and dual nationality (/Italy), is Juninho for Middlesbrough.

Definitely seems like the culture of Liverpool FC's changed a ton in recent years.

Christ, I can't think of many others mind.

Brazilians are frauds

they don't like it up em

>Juninho for Middlesbrough
...who only had 30.

you'd think willian would have scored a bunch of goals, seems like he's been in the league for yonks

He's tied 4th with Gabriel Jesus (28).

So has True Geordie just retired then?

The real test of that will be if he doesn't make a video by Monday re: Newcastle vs. Spurs.

good brazilians don't want to play in england

aye
called it a day and he's off to nigeria to live the dream

thoughts on the Rock becoming a director at Fulham?

Attached: _108369062_therocklauren976.jpg (660x371, 35K)

I really hate The Rock. I hate that people compare him to Schwarzenegger. I hate that no one recognises that he’s a franchise parasite that makes calculated decisions to muscle in on the movie series established by better actors. Every movie that he’s starred in has been trash, especially his original IPs. Schwarzenegger made The Terminator, The Running Man, Total Recall, Predator.

Didn't like how he made a joke about being related to Boris then apologised when people tweeted him abuse. Shouldn't ever apologise to these sorts.

I liked walking tall

I liked that thing he used to do with his eyebrow, does he do that in any movies?

it was a thing in be cool
where he played a closeted bodyguard who wanted to make it as an actor and they eyebrow lift was his "thing" to show off how good an actor he was

probably his best role i reckon

He did an advanced version in Jumanji

youtube.com/watch?v=qoHzgCcQsXg

yeah do the peoples elbow and fuck off already

>where he played a closeted bodyguard who wanted to make it as an actor and they eyebrow lift was his "thing" to show off how good an actor he was

Was that a movie about his actual life?

I can't tell what level of irony this is supposed to be on.

i think that was broadly speaking the joke

Who's going to be the next Huddersfield manager?

Wegner

Alex Ferguson lmao!

hearing rumours of curbishley

Well, these are all better options than Rowett tbf.

Bury (in the ground) FC.

you take it lad

If it's between me and Karanka I think I might just be able to come across as less autistic in the interview desu.

Is Sol unemployed atm?

Yeah he left Mansfield

We have had two decent non-white managers recently (Wagner, Powell) so maybe that's the way forward.

I remember there was some retard trigfag that spammed Powells face all over these shitty threads

Yeah, the Charlton fan. I wonder what happened to him.

Why did Michael Owen never get into management?

would bet my life savings on Michael Owen not being able to hack management, Gary Neville level failure if he ever tried

Imagine his motivational techniques. The players would probably an hero before they made it onto the pitch.

"Win or else" said in his eerie monotone as he looks unsettlingly at your wedding ring.

It'd motivate me

Strikers make shit managers

Too short

Apart from Ferguson
and Clough
and Bobby Robson
and Don Revie

He meant to say good strikers make shit managers.

Actually good strikers make shit managers

>Don Revie
um I watched the Damned United and he seemed shit

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628
>Rangers have to tell 3000 fans that even though they bought tickets they can;t come to a european game because some cunt who wasn't them said about the IRA

inb4 Glasgow burns

Don't think that was a documentary la

Clough was a good striker

this

Attached: Full Pitch Sprint Try.webm (720x405, 2.15M)

What the FUCK was 2 doing?

Corrupt as fuck too.

>Unlike his Real compatriot Jonathan Woodgate, Owen made little effort to learn the language and one cameo is especially telling. Someone who knew him well revealed that Owen used to regularly drive from his Madrid hotel to the airport in order to buy English newspapers, never realising that, had he bothered to venture a few yards into the city, he could have bought the Daily Mail et al from numerous downtown kiosks. Such a lack of imagination left him far from suited to the expat life and a return to England the following summer came as no surprise.

Shouting:
>YAAASSS QUEEN, SLAY!

I don;t even know what the call this. Autism? OCD? Generally just a complete mong? Why did nobody ever tell him?

Yeah, you're right. Fuck football, I'm going to start watching the local rugby club instead. And now to check how the Giants are doing this season.

anyone got the tweet about he's only seen 6 movies and hated them all?

I remember he was asked about this on Robbie Savage's BT show where he said not only was it true, but that it was a 1hr drive each way

Attached: Michael Owen.jpg (813x750, 78K)

Proper aspie.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFnymJDZAS8

Attached: Here Comes Pain.jpg (650x650, 58K)

There must be an edit of this where he's flying into the north tower.

Thoughts on friday night football?

Don't like it but it's here to stay. 7:45pm Saturday matches are coming soon too, I think even this season?

started last season I think

Had one last season, I think, which was forced for some reason but this season is the first proper season of them

it's sort of like football on a saturday afternoon but it's on a friday night

Friday night I'm out on the piss with the lads aint got time for football

Nonceball

I rate it

why don't you get pissed in a pub that shows the match?

>Rangers have been ordered to close part of Ibrox for Thursday's meeting with Legia Warsaw following "racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing" from fans.
Religion isn't a race you faggots.

Is Bury dead yet?

dead and bury

23:59 tonight is the deadline, but why would I expect a Spuds tripfag to know anything about football.

Calm down mate, I knew there was a deadline. Was just wondering if any rumours or announcements have been made

No, you wanted attention. Like every tripfag

thinking we might not win this cricket match lads

Seething

England is disgustingly bad at the sport.

Based

Bury are going to die for sure. Can't see anyone buying the club now considering the scam the owner, the previous owner and the administrators are running together.

how many will irish international moysie keane score tonight?

Every fucker's complicit. Dale, Day, the EFL: none of them care.

Saw a suggestion of expunging their record for this season but just relegating them back to League 2 anyway which would work perfectly while any sort of deal is debated.

what did he mean by this?

twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/status/499477387575574529

Maybe, but I get the feeling it's going to take a long time to investigate the 'debt' which has been transferred between all these companies with links to Dale and Day with apparent complicity of the administrators. And who pays the wages while that's happening?

Why is he posting a shoop of himself as a chink?

>players using apple airpods
Absolute SNEED

>that OP image
fucking why it'll get deleted

Match thread in case Janny takes a disliking to the other one:

They'd normally just delete the image and keep the thread up 2bh but good thinking anyway

Time for a new thread lads.

reddit-tier thinking
janny's got user twisting his melon

new