Will the last person to support this abomination please turn out the lights

Will the last person to support this abomination please turn out the lights

Attached: VAR.png (514x490, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/06/02/new-handball-goal-kick-and-free-kick-rule-changes-now-into-effect/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*solves football*

Attached: bog.jpg (500x387, 39K)

it's hilarious how all you guys are now admitting that you prefer soccer to be rigged and your "big clubs" (whatever the hell that means) to steamroll everyone boringly every single year. VAR has ushered in an era of untainted soccer but you faggots would rather see shit like maradona punching the ball in the net as long as your favored corporate giant comes out on top

>that guy literally drawing lines on the screen during the Wolves equaliser
Fucking hilarious.

Rodri was clearly fouled and a penalty should have been given
Gabriel Jesus' goal was legit because the ball grazed Laporte's upper arm in a natural silhouette position which is legal according to the rules. Had his arm been extended away from his body then it would be right to annul it.
So how has VAR been right?

so the problem still lies with the referees' ability to judge
now all they need to do is allow post match reprimands for players who dive or foul and the ref did not rule on it
and refs who aren't making the right calls don't get gigs

I agree. If you want to look at it that way the technology isn't the problem but the refs have the last say and the refs in the prem don't even have a screen they can go to and watch, they take the word of the VAR refs in London as law.

only customers hate var lad

Sport is entertainment. VAR makes it worse

It's not VAR's fault English refs are a disgrace.

t. Pep Guardiola

i'm pretty entertained by the absolute seething VAR has introduced

VAR is fine if referees are retarded and can't make the right decision even rewatching the play times and times again it's not VAR's fault.

exactly. i'm all for drama and copefests, that's why the NFL playoffs always own because in between the beer commercials you get complete meme plays where some dude will pull a bone headed decision and single handedly throw away the game

Literally only people supporting VAR are pundits who probably got told off screen they can't say bad things about it

>Gabriel Jesus' goal was legit
but it wasn't. the goal was disallowed. the rules have changed for this season.

>which is legal according to the rules
not anymore retard

VAR is biased and corrupt.

sport isn't rigged you weird cunt. the big clubs were the ones that wanted VAR.

The silhouette is legal in Europe, you spics are different with the silhouette thing you shitskin

>last minute goals being overturned isn't entertaining

Before you talk next time be informed
soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/06/02/new-handball-goal-kick-and-free-kick-rule-changes-now-into-effect/

why don't players just hoof it directly at the arms of defenders in the box? I legitimately don't understand how you wouldn't score like 15 goals a game doing that

Liverpool literally won the champions league by doing that

ITT: knee-jerk circlejerk about VAR.
The first year with VAR is always horrible because refs need to get a feeling for when and how to use it without disturbing the flow of the game or making false decisions.
Just give it a year. It was even worse in /bundes/ at first, but it got much better

>City scored?
>Use VAR
>withdraw their goal
>No slipping this year

Attached: 500full-igor-bogdanoff.jpg (500x500, 30K)

The new rule is bullshit, but that was a foul when you apply the old rule as well

This and this

I mean, you imply teams aren't going to start doing that. They'd be fools not to.

>var arrives
>rich billion dollar plastic club drops points
>people start seething
Its so easy to tell a customer from a fan

Nah, I'm still salty from the world cup

It can sometimes ruin goals because you always have to wait 3 minutes for the var to decide if its a goal or not. Even worse when the ref has to decide it himself because the var is too stupid