What did England mean by this?

Why do they only win Friendlies?

Attached: 20190812_183917.jpg (1080x1028, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gaetjens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop trying to make soccer a thing here Chicano.

Will we get cucked when the chinks will have 35 milions of registered football players?

Attached: 1563381312922.jpg (270x578, 78K)

Holy shit there are more 20 months in America?!

>that scorer

literally Haitian

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gaetjens

congratulations to any Haitian anons on the win

Holy cope

Phoneposting really makes it hard to write coherently.

Well played, Haiti.

Was this Haitian too

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Time traveller from the year 2050

The look on his face lolllll

Attached: 3_pic4.0.jpg (770x464, 106K)

You don't even have to go back 20 years to embarrass the shit out of our biggest "rival."

I wish you faggots were old enough to remember this because it was fucking amazing.

Attached: DOS.png (1001x715, 36K)

We beat Mexico all the time, not really a big deal. They went like 10 years without beating us at home

The sport's popularity has obviously risen since then, why are we so shit nowadays?

Not in the knockouts of the World Cup my man. That was for a trip to the quarterfinals and we completely undressed them.

Donovan won best young player at that world cup too

A rising tide lifts all boats, so thanks to Fifa money previously decent to bad teams get a lot more funding for training and academies and all that. The US is still a pay to play system starting at a young age and we use colleges rather than academies to develop talent leading to a worse overall product but more well-rounded individuals.
Also firing Jurgen was a mistake, if it wasn't for Wondolowski we'd have made it to the round of 8.

Jurgen was an ego maniac though who's biggest mistake was leaving Donovan home, right after he bossed the entire gold cup by himself.

Wasn't he offsides when he missed anyways though?

Soccer is fucking gay.

Thanks for the input Tyrone, now back to your containment general

He was not, apparently the ref was lifting his flag for a goal kick

This. I'll never get over Donovan staying home over Julian Green and Wondolowski.

JUST

Donovan was an aging star who was very "me first attack" in his playing style, Jurgen was defensive minded waiting on counter attacks against stronger opponents.

Agreed. He then proceeds to boss the mls all star game too. Who knows what happens if he takes Donovan instead of shit wondo

You surely can't be serious. Donovan was the best counter attacking player we've ever had. A literal world cup hero in multiple world cups.

Even if he was a super sub, he should have been there. You can't expect a fucking soulless kraut to understand this shit though. Americans will never win on technical skill and talent, it's all fucking heart and aggression.

Donovan beats Mexico, Algeria, saves us vs Slovenia, almost wins us the confederations cup with counter attacking brilliance. Leads team in assists, but he gets called me first lol wtf

The thing about world cups is that they're held every 4 years. Also he had knee issues after his bizarre sabatical.

You mean the same sabbatical that afterwards he completely dominated the gold cup by himself

Also they were running the 4-4-2 which Donovan didn't fit into

It was clearly and ego move by Jurgen because they didn't get along. Its been well documented.

Totally different game plan facing CONCACAF scrub teams than facing teams much, much better than you.

Let's see some of those documents that aren't blog posts, and if you're telling me that a coach would purposefully do worse with his job on the line just because he doesn't like a player I don't know what to say.

Lol what tactical advantage was there to taking a proven scrub wondo over donovan? It was an ego move.

Nbd must his son laughing at Donovan for being excluded from the world cup squad

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-142652_Chrome.jpg (1080x991, 312K)

You've lost all credibility. Donovan was by far the best counter attacking player in history of US

>proven scrub
MLS top scorer in 2010 and 2012, and 2012 MVP, plus multiple consecutive double digit goal seasons while Donovan was faffing about with "physical and mental exhaustion"

Watched that WC when I was 8 and I thought Donovan was going to be the new Maradona

Yet still a proven scrub at the international level.

This. The only way we win in that scenario is pure heart and aggression.

He carried our team for 15 years, Americans lack the knowledge to appreciate what he did

He was unironically a great player.

Anyone that says otherwise is memeing

I'm still pissed about the handball vs Germany in the Quarterfinals