/gaa/ All-Ireland semi-final #2

Kerry v Tyrone,

Croke Park, Dublin currently 14°c and overcast.

Throw-in in 2 bongs.

Attached: kerry-v-tyrone-sf-2019xx.jpg (320x459, 41K)

What's the point, Dublin already have this in the bag.

well lads what's it to be?

Attached: gmblin.png (968x302, 9K)

x
Mayo had them at halftime yesterday, it can be done. Today will be a nice game of prancing vs dirt.

H'on the Kingdom!!

t. jackeen

>all those empty seats

50 euro a bit much no?

which is why the attendance is shit. From where I'm sitting it looks like the entire upper tier is closed

>(((GAA))) charge €50 for tickets
>don't even pay their players
>League of Ireland tickets are €15 and attendances are much lower
>players get paid

Attached: le perfidious semite.png (880x586, 31K)

If it was 30 I may have went as a neutral

How much are tickets for students?

but their entire plan was get a bit in front of Dublin and frustrate them. It was working at first but once Dublin got ahead they had no idea what to do and fell apart

dunno but it is cheaper

fuck im missing Chelsea and united

they only get 80,000 at like 5 matches a year though

no you're not since it hasnt started

you're right i should catch the second half.

how harte is still in the job I have no idea

What's the average attendance for a provincial championship game, 20,000? Even that's pretty good, at €50 a ticket that would be €1,00,000 in revenue

Clearly €50 is way too much for today's game.
Ostensibly the money flows back to the juniors programs, fields maintenance and things of that nature.

this is sloppy as fuck, might as well just give Dublin the cup now

Kerry have to keep their heads they won't out murderball these bastards

good lad, put those nord fuckers in their place

dublinwinslol

>Ostensibly the money flows back to the juniors programs, fields maintenance and things of that nature.
And it's not even distributed evenly, Dublin get way more funding. Professionalisation is the only way to bring parity to intercounty level. Only downside is it will create a rift between club and county and it dabs on the whole hobby aspect of the sport but Ireland doesn't give a shit about tradition anymore in general so that's not a problem

Dublin has more people

Professionalism will kill the sport. Better to fix what we have, there's not that much wrong with it.

Agree

Yeah but the excess funding is still disproportionate. They don't even have the most clubs either. I'm a GAA casual so I'm not too upset about Dublin dominance, I think they're enjoyable to watch as a team, I just think the intercounty game would benefit from professionalisation and it would also take the standard to a higher lev-, actually never mind, another downside I just remembered would be the influx of Ngubus

professionalism didnt kill rugby though, that's doing fine

I'm not a Kerry man but they've a good style about them.

sound bud

Rugby had a schism over professionalism in 1895, it's a radically different case to football and hurling. Probably deserves its own thread but the reason rugby union went pro in the nineties was a defensive reaction because rugby league was growing exponentially (similarly to how soccer was growing at that time).

>tfw Mayo have been put back in their box yet again

Based Dubs. 68 years of failure for Mayo!

Attached: 1532106462397.jpg (720x545, 85K)

As a Dub, whom do you want to meet in the final?

Kerry. Fuck the Tyronies, sourest group of cunts I have ever seen come to Croker.

lmao, my missus is a Dub and she says exactly the same even though she hates Kerry too, she hates Tyrone more.

Not him but surely it has to Kerry. A classic rivalry with Dublin having to the chance to go for 5 in a row against the team who just fell short of doing so. Seems like it could be biblical desu whereas Tyrone would just be a boring repeat of last year.
Hurling final has a nice narrative too, Cody vs Sheedy to finish the decade just like it began in 2010 with that classic final

t. neutral

in what way are they sour?

it wasn't supposed to be like this

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 94K)

Good analysis, Tyrone are basically the villains. It's great really, good craic, I'm enjoying this match more than yesterday's so far.

Holy shit the pitch looks fucking HUGE

I want Tyrone to win, the British team

want tyrone to win since they cause so many people to seethe

it is, which is why Croke Park isn't great for concerts. The sound systems are designed for soccer grounds, and when they get put in the bigger space they get all this shit interference and the sound is horrendous. Only good if you're on the pitch close-ish to the stage

Why yes, I'm from Tipperary. What gave it away?

Attached: 1564664413024.png (1500x1500, 3.94M)

It's only the football that's having this problem. Kilkenny Vs Limerick was packed and Wexford vs Tipperary was practically an All Ireland final.

attendance is under 34,000. NOT EVEN the Healy-Rae brothers turned up

Hon the kingdom
comeback time

Tipp is a pretty good county in fairness. Home to the Celtic wonder in Age of Empires II and Cahir is gorgeous

Rock of Chadshel

Most of Tipp is a kip.

Why don't they just use a sound system for typical outdoor concerts like you would find at Malahide or Slane? Never had a problem with the sound at one of those

Kerry football died with gooch and the star

Most of the world is a kip. A few nice places is all you can expect really.

still better than kilkenny

I think (just speculating) the problem is interference from sound waves bouncing off the stands and hitting each other. The main problem might not be the size of the pitch, could be how steeply the stands rise from the ground

Gaelic sports fields are larger than soccer fields in general.
Hope you're enjoying the game bro.

Attached: _39420559_gaa_pitch_dimensions2_298.gif (298x224, 6K)

tommy "I fucked off to Australia lol" walsh

By first world standards, Ireland is a bit ugly desu. We destroyed our countryside with farmland and our towns look like shit because they were built by the British. Continental European architecture is much more pretty. Even in the poor countries, every town has a nice market square at least

This, but even England has nicer looking towns and villages than us

>Mayo had them at halftime

Is this a joke? They game was over after 40 minutes

Get that one up ya!

lol spillane was seething at half time
if kerry win this its gonna be fun watching him try to be gracious

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

OH SHIT THEY'RE WAKING UP
>Dublin smirk momentarily fades

? The vast majority of hurling games are played in front of nobody

tyrone are fucking thugs

just a little murderball la

pathetic sport for a pathetic island

Kerry will get wiped, they'll do well to keep it within 10

and yet you come and post in our thread. what a sad cunt you are lol.

tyrone pls

Go fuck your sisters you Irish degenerates

nah i'll fuck yours instead heh

still time

>six minutes
what a load of shite

there was more like 10 minutes really, both sides doing their bit of time wasting

UP THE KINGDOM
GO HOME TYRONE

Attached: Kerry-fans-4.jpg (1280x853, 324K)

It's coming home la

Attached: MjAzNzk2NmRjOTRmYWQ2MGQ0MTQ5NmQ1MWU3MTZmODeBy9H9xTUsJbzKvZczCoEsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25h (600x360, 48K)

Yeah it's interesting, first time ever watching this, I looked up the rules on YT

based

Have you chosen a county to support yet?

LOL

Only seven sleeps away mate

I don't even know how the scoring system works, but it doesn't matter since Teippchady is going to win anyways.

Attached: jrmjeebnvzfcseypsjpk.jpg (1322x774, 135K)

Over the bar is 1 point and a goal in the net is 3 points.
Your not allowed to pick the sliotar(ball) up from the ground, everything else you'll figure it out :^)

If I were a Tyrone supporter; I'd be ripping mad that they lost.

Attached: image.jpg (752x501, 58K)

why? ref?

Because they didn't make a determined effort to win that game when it mattered.

Attached: image.png (393x463, 302K)

Its reborn with O'Shea and Clifford.

So, who has it in the bag?