Thoughts on this club?

Attached: leeds_united_logo.png (809x1000, 125K)

last winners of the old top flight, terribly run club, flew too close to the sun, have been without premier league football for 15 years as a result, probably decent chance of getting back this year provided they don't choke again.

don't really mind Leeds, did my degree at one of Leeds' universities, nice enough city

They look like pieces of shit, if the Brian Clough movie is accurate.

Delusion of granduar the club

Why does it have such a wide fan base?

what do you mean?

A joke, laughably run, laughable fans, a total shitshow.

But I still want to see them back in the PL for rivalry purposes and for that reason, paradoxically, I normally find myself semi-supporting them in the championship. Would much rather see Leeds back in season after season rather than these tinpot poorfag non-clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley.

t. Chelsea fan

cuck club
redpilled. Damned United is kino. And Leeds Utd definitely are pieces of shit. Somehow marketed themselves as a big club even though they've only got one more league title than Derby

Attached: frank destroys leeds.jpg (2048x1365, 421K)

I noticed they have a lot of fans for a 2nd division team

>tinpot poorfag non-clubs like Bournemouth
Bournememe are bankrolled by a Russian Billionaire Oligarch and broke FFP when they got promoted. They're such a scummy club, 10 fucking thousand attendance. LOL

>lelds poonited

Imagine being a Leeds fan and watching Huddersfield, Hull, Boro and Sheff U all enjoy seasons in the premier league whilst you crash and burn every year.

Attached: 20190804_231325.jpg (926x690, 216K)

They used to be Premier League regulars up until 2004, and they've got alot of fans from countries like Norway, Sweden and Ireland due to club legends hailing from those areas. It looks like that we have a very competitive team this year, so I'm hoping we don't choke again.

>It looks like that we have a very competitive team this year, so I'm hoping we don't choke again.
Yeah you do but other clubs have also done very good business. I hope the last two seasons of being top for ages and bottling it will keep most of you lot humble for once...

Got to admit it can be an absolute curse to support Leeds, but who else was I gonna support? Ipswich Town? Bury Town FC? Woking?

/our/ team

Attached: check em.jpg (1440x692, 104K)

I remember them playing champions league (i think 2000/01) .. they had a great downfall after i dont know why, maybe they lost all their good players

I want them to do well but the don't.

Zoomer detected. It wasn't that long ago that they were a champions league team. At least, it doesn't feel like it to me but I'm 30. Also, Leeds is a pretty big and important city so it's natural that they'd maintain a strong fanbase despite dropping divisions.

>They used to be Premier League regulars up until 2004
Interesting, I didn't know that

>it will keep most of you lot humble for once
I'm a part of a very small minority in the fanbase, one that doesn't slag off a player for a missed chance (or 23), and I personally don't have hatred for clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd, mainly because I had mates who supported said clubs. Even had a close mate who supported Millwall ffs

mate just look up the club's history on wikipedia

Collapsed and never recovered. Reached the CL semi final (I think?) once. My dad says their players were dirty thugs in the 70s.

I bandwagon only because of Mateusz Klich

and kinda remember 2001 campaign with Rio Ferdinand, Nigel Martyn and Mark Viduka

Why do they hate Man U? It's not even the normal amount of hate as well, it's bizarre.

Attached: 1562961176993.png (1208x960, 1.8M)

yes. and it was Polish referee that refballed them in one important match vs Real Madrid (lost 2-3 I guess)

There's always a bumper crowd to watch them in lower league grounds so I can't hate them really and it's really satisfying to see a sold out away end standing there red faced when they lose.

Ever heard of the War of the Roses? it was a basically a war from the throne of England back in the mid-to-late 15th century in which the house of lancaster won and that's somehow a reason to hate Man United that much. Not sure is Man United fans share that hatred back though

what history is that? 3 league titles. You can't compare a one team city with 700k people to other clubs either. Sheffield if it had one team would surpass Leeds attendance.

tip top comedy gold

>tip top comedy gold
calm your tits mate I wasn't bragging about it

ignore the greentext. I'm going back to /y/

Bigger bottlers than Budweiser.

Attached: hund schelm.jpg (237x240, 14K)

the legitimate champion of 1975 EC

Attached: preview.jpg (1023x682, 116K)

>Sheffield if it had one team
Don't start that again

England's second division is the sixth strongest division in Europe

>same shit players that overarchived last season
>kiko casilla on the goal
>bumford as their only forward
Solid 9th place.