/cric/

cricket discussion with the lads

currently playing
Tour Match, Australia tour of England at Worcester, Aug 7-9 2019
Australian XI 266/5d
Worcestershire 12/2 * (2.5 ov)
Day 1: Worcestershire trail by 254 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the innings

Attached: 1505406106289.png (601x523, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NziCH4Tx3CQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is the thread

Travis Head
109 runs off 173, not out

ah yes, the homosexual thread

>free/cric/
shan't
>hibi/cric/
shall

yeah, nah

yeah nah

Any of these worth watching at all

Attached: 20.png (376x68, 5K)

test

Why the fuck is there an American flag in these generals. Is he some Indian American

He's an attention whoring loser that's literally hated by every single poster in these threads. Feel free to take him from us.

Very much approve of Worcestershire being in the OP for /cric/. Think this should be a permanent policy moving forward.

what is this sport called? i would love to play

I don't like pajeets so no thanks

please do take him away from us

isn't that a sauce

hibi/cric/ got baleeted
yikes and cringe

No, it's the comfiest county within the United Kingdom, which just so happens to make a sauce

good. Very much appreciated mods keep it up

name a more boring team than UAE

God bless you

England

>redbacks
>redbutts
lel

me on the right

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

>fell 0

Attached: grimcester.png (906x160, 7K)

A lot of my friends from the area would agree desu, but I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could find a good job. Low stress environment with real communities, could return to my old cricket and football teams with the wasters who never left town, spend free time mountain-biking or canoeing before wileing away the evening at the nice country pubs. What's not to love?

Leave Fell alone, he had ball cancer so he's immune to criticism now. Dell is a different story though, criticise him all you like

kek
>hibi/cric/ died for this
KEK

>A lot of my friends from the area would agree desu, but I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could find a good job.
I'm the same with my home county (Cambs). Fuck London, I want to get back to pic related (as soon as I can justify if career-wise and financially.)

Attached: IMG_20170618_205916902_HDR.jpg (2592x1456, 879K)

No good jobs with the sauce factory?

imagine the pozzies thinking free/cric/ isn't as bad and as cancerous as based hibi/cric/

How do we fix this

Attached: The devils smile.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

fix what? :^)

the anti-English umpire giving our players out all the time on balls that are clearly not out

alright let's be fair, he wasn't being biased, he was just shit

Must admit that I don't know much about Cambridgeshire. I love Cambridge itself, but do you have comfy rural areas too?

Can't stand London either desu. Think ideally at my age (26) I'd be about an hour or two away, so I can easily visit friends who live there whenever I want to do a weekend of drinking etc, but don't have to actually suffer the misery of living in the God-forsaken shithole.

Not that I know of desu, probably employ a load of Poles to do all the grunt work

>cambs
for me it's oxon

damn Mark Cosgrove is thick

if the ball hits the stumps it should be out

>I love Cambridge itself, but do you have comfy rural areas too?
It's not the best countryside in England but still comfy due to the characteristic Fens which lies predominantly in Cambs. Very flat, lots of canals (pic related)... but gets overlooked because that's basically the geographic identity of another country on the continent. But I'd still happily buy a house there because it's simply home to me - not London.
Luckily I'm (28) an hour away from all this by train and still get to see my doggo semi-regularly.

Attached: fens.jpg (1200x900, 87K)

For me, the city of Cambride is slightly nicer, as Oxford has been contaminated by a few shite buildings whereas Cambridge is very well presevered. However, Oxford has comfier rural surroundings, and also has benefits in that it's closer to Worcestershire

me on the right, was after having a full Irish that morning like

maybe add some pyrotechnics to the stumps so whenever they get hit fireworks come out

The crease should have a trapdoor that falls away under the batsman whenever the stumps detect contact with the ball.

Exactly.
ICC should really reconsidering that semen slurping rule about bails. What's the rationale behind it anyway?

better university in oxon as well

muh history and traditions basically

fuck that'd be funny

nah mate
a springboard that will "sproing" when the stumps are hit, sending the batsman flying back to the pavilion

I'm told that Oxford edges it for humanities and Cambridge edges it for sciences, don't know that for certain though. Fuming with myself that I didn't go to either desu. I could have got in as a master's student (first-class BSc from top 10 uni), but chose to go to a meme university to study an applied degree that I thought would get me a job (it didn't) instead. Then I probably could have got in as a PhD student (distinction from said meme universty at MSc), but I chose to go to an even more meme university instead because they paid me a proper salary. Only have myself to blame really.

Genuinely considering taking a year out from my career and wasting £15k on an Oxbridge degree, just so I have the experience of studying there.

bard is turbo blogposter

Can't argue with that desu

grim

and evil

>Genuinely considering taking a year out from my career and wasting £15k on an Oxbridge degree, just so I have the experience of studying there.
Go for it mate. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

watching a viddy of some true cobbers in sydney unplugging the drains at some poncey restaurant somewhere in aus
in the background as they're jetting the sewage from the mains, there's someone on the phone jabbering on in mandarin

feel genuinely bad for australia if this is what it's come to

Okay lads, THIS is the video: youtu.be/NziCH4Tx3CQ

Would like to, just trying to think of how to do it in a way that leads to a career I actually want to do desu

Attached: bc.jpg (1080x790, 134K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1080x790, 578K)

well to be fair for me being able to do more research would be reason enough

cambridge is usually ahead of oxford, but I guess oxford has better branding in america..

kek based

eh they both have roughly the same prestige, which is really not that much.

if i'm really honest i'd probably go to cambridge between the two, but i'd probably be miserable at either. never much fit in with the harris tweed set.

yes there's not much in them and it probably wouldn't make a difference, both are considered top tier, but cambridge generally just pip oxford on the rankings usually

but I know oxford has higher student satisfaction so that's probably something to take into account

>going back into academia when you already have an actual job

yikes

some programs don't like you if you haven't had a FT job for a few years. LLM programs in the US (the real ones, not the ones for foreign LLB grads to get US licenses) tend not to like people who have no real-world experience

basil ate my pizza

Attached: IMG-20190807-WA0082.jpg (2592x4608, 2.34M)

Anyone watching the leaf cricket?

Yeah but he said just for the sake of studying there, so it's probably just gonna be some rando degree not something like an LLM

>tfw you will never wake up in your chambers at Christ Church college, spend the day in the library in serious scholarly activities, head to the cricket pitch in the late afternoon for a friendly game with your contemporaries, before going to the college bar and rounding off the evening with a few real ales

Why even live desu lads?

Attached: stumps-the-cricket-pitch-on-the-playing-field-known-as-merton-field-of-christ-church-college-univers (1300x957, 303K)

Life as a toiler is immeasurably dull desu

Yeah I'd go back to study psychology (my previous degree) or theology (my current interest). Both completely useless in the world of work

Daniel went to a college in Christchurch mate

Went to the university of life and I dare say it prepared me better than these "degrees" people obsess over

Not QUITE the same thing desu

eh, i'd be interested in theology as a way of supplementing my research interests in law. catholic social teaching is something i wish i'd studied more in law school.

Will Smith be stopped?

gay

double uni dropout me

depressed alcoholic me

Attached: 1546726403052.jpg (768x1024, 96K)

Big Dick Colin styling on all the actual bowlers

Graduated from TWO universities.

Attached: tumblr_pfgfo0puVU1qk47zco1_540.jpg (534x303, 35K)

Same mate. Also have coursework at three other colleges from various points in my life.

canada's brave mitchell mcclenaghan

help me /cric/...... im melting.......

Attached: 1564756235597.jpg (650x366, 43K)

Trinity here is nice too if you fancy living in Dublin

EAT THE TURKEY MARK

Attached: peep-show-2[1].jpg (1200x630, 57K)

Wag1 my g’s

what would happen if you applied a blowtorch to the face of someone whose had major plastic surgery

asking for a friend

You know "plastic" surgery doesn't mean the face is made of plastic, right?

Plenty of green on that wicket

God lads I really love Protomartyr

College bars are more often than not rather grim. At least they are in the US. Local pubs are far better.

Though for me it's always been the private party at a friend's apartment.

>sebbo
>going out to bars
>having friends

>College bars when your drinking age is 21
Grim

>sebbo fatguts still trying to fit in here

alri zachy

broke out the phone for another IP address i see

*farts*

absolute state of this lads physical appearance

>According to the league's contract structure provided by multiple sources, 10-15% of the players' salaries was supposed to be paid before the start of the tournament while a remaining 75% was due by the end of the first round, which concluded on Sunday. However, sources state that the majority of players across all teams have not been paid any money.

absolute state of canada

kek, knew there was some kind of ponzi scheme in place
reckon we won't see a third year of this.

would literally be humiliated to even take part in some fat paki league in ca nada

didn't Smith lower himself into playing it when he got banned for being a cheat

Yeah he played last year.

If you were an up-and-comer trying to make the case for selection on your national team, you'd play.
Same if you were a guy on the way to retirement and just wanted to cash in a bit while you could still play.

Wonder when Warnie is going to stream again. I'm going to ask him for advice on becoming better at sledging.

>page 8
kek
based janny takin out the trash

lmao

this is what happens when free/cric/ tries to defeat hibi/cric/

love how fatcunt, after being rejected by everyone else, is now trying to chum up with the Brazilian

autosage test

yep dire situation. we are, indeed, being autosaged.

kek reddit btfo

/hoc/ wins again

/hoc/ has won.
time to pack it in.

funny how you can pinpoint the exact period cric started getting autosaged. literally when fat cunt appeared. made me think.

/cric/ already had their fudge packed in by the janny lmao

>antipodeans awaken
>immediately seethe
kek

it's nearly 2pm you fat clod.

nobody ever accused you cunts of having jobs

lmao!!!!

some of the only posters in here with jobs are the kiwi lads you fat clod.