What athlete from the past would you like to see play with modern sports science and training?

What athlete from the past would you like to see play with modern sports science and training?

>For me, it's Babe Ruth
Fat drunken retard and he was the greatest of all time. I wonder what he could have achieved if he took care of his body like modern athletes.

Attached: 1_2licZwc2YkIRepzSSyhjSA.jpg (500x694, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe
cricket.com.au/news/cricket-australia-census-participation-numbers-women-men-children-james-sutherland/2016-08-23
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sir Donald Bradman. The Babe Ruth of cricket, there are even photos of them together. Averaged 99.94 when the next highest ever is only 63 (currently playing for Australia as well). Would be incredible to see him play now, wonder how he'd compare to the likes of Steve Smith.

Instead of being a based fat drunk he's be a cringey bland athlete like everyone else and remembered as a good player for just a few years after he retired. Leave his legacy alone.

For me it's Gaius Appuleius Diocles. I want to see how his competitive racing spirit would translate into F1.

Attached: Gaius_Appuleius_Diocles.jpg (500x336, 96K)

This

Maradona. Get that coked up boomer midget off the gear, stop them hacking him and give him a flat pitch, then you'd see some shit.

yep

The Goat basketball player

Attached: 7de64bdcc19d995b057ecc55cd46bb4d696755f5_hq.gif (444x250, 1.78M)

Attached: image088.jpg (640x800, 58K)

wearing a white polo shirt and being tan isn't a sport brucie

>. I wonder what he could have achieved

500 ft home runs / Only pitcher to kill a batter standing at the plate

I'd like to see roided barry bonds on the rockies with no humidor and the 2019 juiced ball. though he might just have similar dinger numbers but 500 walks a year which would be kind of gay I guess

Ty Cobb since he also disliked negros and Jews

does gear mean drugs in English slang?

yeah, I think Wilt would be my pick

for me, its Ban Johnson

Attached: Ban_Johnson,_1921.jpg (709x780, 462K)

Prime Schumi again so he could come back and save today's lousy F1

Based and romepilled.
For me, it’s Plato boxing.

yes

wasn't he then probably playing against even fatter drunker retards?

>stop them hacking him
he's an old school player, he thrives in adversity

wasn't he super pro-integration?
I thought he was more Romanowski than Incognito

Hercules.

>Played professional basketball, football and baseball
>Olympic Gold in Decathlon and Pentathlon

just fucking imagine

Attached: jimthorpe1912.jpg (1581x1164, 827K)

his prime was during prohibition so I can't imagine players outside of NY and CHI having easy access to booze year round

and how did he do on those sports? fucking MJ playes baseball and sucked ass. is the guy on your post in the list of GOATs of those sports or is he just famous for having played those sports at the same time or whatever?
not saying he wasn't an athletic prodigy but wanna know if he was at least decent in what he played

Yes he was pro-integration, but that doesn’t fit with the general white southern man is racist storyline, so it gets buried.

modern metrics teams would pitch against him more now, maybe not by much in his prime going from pac bell to coors, but he'd get pitched to more

meant for fucks sake

he had 2 olympic gold medals in events that are multiple events combined, played 7 years in the MLB and another 3 years after in the minors, won 3 pre-NFL championships and then played in the first 8 years of the NFL and has a full statue in the NFL Hall of Fame

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

How early? Even if you got them as babies I'd be surprised if any of the old greats didn't get run over by modern players.

mickey mantle >>>> gaybe ruth

Attached: vdhqdbkwiz511[1].jpg (1241x2744, 440K)

Ty Cobb. He would be hilarious

>*The All-American Boy

Attached: 0F4855A1-C54B-4EBB-B736-65F24A8CF2E8.png (630x659, 576K)

Ah, yes, the obese American subhuman, a true authority on what constitutes a sport.

Not him but are you guys good at any global sport? Serious question. Sometimes I wonder why you even bother posting here with as shitty at athletics as you are

Morphy

Attached: 304262.4173c855.5000x5000o.78576cf8e301[1].png (368x494, 125K)

>most cricket world cup wins by far
>tied most rugby world cup wins
>most rugby league world cup wins
>top 10 in the olympics total medal count
>finished top 5 in the olympics on several occasions
>multiple tennis grand slam winners
>historically the GOAT tennis nation
>only America is better at swimming than us
>have multiple australians in the NBA
>have multiple australians in the NHL (even though it doesnt even snow here)
>australian has won the indie 500
>multiple australian F1 drivers champions, have always had at least 1 australian competitive in F1
>consistently the best Asian soccer nation despite it barely being a top 10 sport here
All the while our best athletes play AFL and NRL.

Blah blah blah so basically you’re India with a few outliers. Not an accomplishment to be proud of

based dumbcunt concedes that he was wrong. thanks for exposing yourself.

Attached: 1530947233630.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

He'd be a 7 foot tall Dwight Howard best case scenario, and worst-case he's a rich man's Andre Drummond.

Which would still not make him as good as Shaq, Kareem, or Hakeem.

It was Carl Mays that killed Chapman, not Ruth.

Australia is objectively one of the best sporting nations in the world

>tf
>tp

Attached: DA4CDA22-5B33-43E3-AD43-C0BF1BDE17B6.png (250x418, 121K)

yes mate any questions?

Why is such an unathletic nation (Ausfailia) so over-represented on Yea Forums? Also, why does this fact make you so incredibly butthurt?

elite muscular ausGODs literally run international sport sweaty xx
couldn't name a single septic sportsperson if you put a gun to my head

kek amerimutts BTFO

ausGODs win again

Attached: 1542359608814.jpg (2320x3088, 1.23M)

Gotta love the upside-down retard giving himself props despite getting exposed

kek

KEK

K E K

only person exposed here is the seppo who didn't know that australia is elite in literally every sport on earth, including the irrelevant american ones kek

Australia sucks at athletics

>athletics

his floundering lads
we've got him on the ropes

Reminder Babe Ruth and all old timey players are frauds because they never faced 100+ mph fastballs or sliders

so true

just googled it out of interest
>Athletics is the Australia's second most successful Olympic sport after swimming.
>medals in literally every single event
so the mutt's wrong about this too KEK

didn't have to google it myself I innately knew

are mutts ever right lads?

i knew we'd be elite in it like with every other sport on earth, just had to see how elite we actually were. turns out its extremely elite as usual.
reckon this mutts about to go contribute to america's failed suicide attempt statistics kek

Im tipping we're competitive in those stats too

Walter Johnson threw in the upper 90’s

same old aussies, always winning

LEL at all of the butthurt Aussies ITT. Shitty at sports as well as bants

It's just one

>Don't ask me, I ain't no cocksucker

Attached: 1564495532331.jpg (600x539, 35K)

trip on proxy off

Cricket

Black dog don't believe in sin
Think of where the black dog's been
Think of where he's been
TODAY

>mothafucka doesn’t know who Jim Thorpe is

He’s universally hailed as one of the best athletes to ever live, and arguably the greatest, period.

Isn’t cricket a Poojeet (fellow unathletic people) sport though?

Usain Bolt's favourite sport is cricket

funny thing is america isnt good at any international sport

You're retarded, guys threw very hard back then. He's a fraud because he played in the Polo Grounds, look up the dimensions of that ballpark, literally smaller than a little league field. There's a reason Gehrig, Ruth, and all the Yankees were hitting a zillion hrs when everybody else was hitting 20 at best.

>Basketball isn't an international sport

Attached: 1545241283996.png (394x379, 19K)

Faggot would still hate chess. Carlsen would rekt him

Y. A. Tittle. Maybe he would get to win this time.

Sam Crawford. Career leader in triples, and it's not even close.

James Naismith as coach.

Spiridon Louis (winner of 1st modern Olympic marathon)

The guys the various hockey trophies are named for.

>and arguably the greatest
Said no one ever

Not really on topic answer but

I would love to see an alternate reality where Ronaldo stayed in Barcelona and never got roided up (like they made him at Inter which is probably one of the main reasons he fucked his knees - he became too heavy for his playing style)
I think he would easily be among Messi & co. in GOAT discussions

Yeah, unlike proper international sports like rugby and cricket that only Brits, Indians, Pakis and Aussies care about

See We dominate every single international sport bar soccer, which is only because it's not even a top 10 sport here.

>Having players in the NBA and NHL = "dominating"
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

>nitpicks that one part
KEK this is how i know you've been exposed. also, yes, those players dominate in the NHL and NBA, as they've all been in teams that have won their respective leagues. many of the best players in the NBA right now are australian, and we don't even care about the sport.

Sweden, on the other hand, is literally not relevant in a single sport on earth kek

The only international sport that you "dominate" according to your own list is tennis and swimming, retard

And congratulations on being a better sporting nation than Sweden, what a fantastic achievement

>the only international sports you dominate are the ones i arbitrarily deem an international sport
kek, you're a dumbcunt mate. as i said, we dominate every single globally relevant sport besides soccer.

Again, having a handful of players in a league or winning a racing competition a handful of times is not dominating. You only know how to speak one language so at least try to be proficient in it.

these swedecuck absolutely seething that australia is elite at every sport on earth kek

I’ll have you know that soccer is the most played sport in Australia.

recreationally by fat boomers and little kids who dont want to get injured playing aussie rules or rugby, sure. cricket is still the most played sport though
cricket.com.au/news/cricket-australia-census-participation-numbers-women-men-children-james-sutherland/2016-08-23

>Chimp hoop
>international sport
I don't think so, sweetie.

Attached: UmLRDN[1].png (444x444, 382K)

>those players dominate in the NHL
walker has played 12 games in the nhl
this is 'hayne is special' tier

>carlsen
>the guy who draws 12 times in a row and still somehow becomes champion
>beat morphy
dont make me laugh

you sound a bit scared lad. does the big strong ausgod intimidate you?

yes
after hayne revolutionized the nfl with every team signing multiple league players I'm worried hockey will do the same after one australian has averaged 4 games a season