Which martial art would you recommend?

Attached: img_jvinaixa_20150917-224802_imagenes_md_terceros_img_5276-zurich-zabier-kbGD--980x554@MundoDeportiv (972x554, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gun shooting

Kickboxing.

I did competitive judo growing up, and ts pretty good.

Isn't jiu jitsu supposed to be the most practical of all of them?

For self defence? Boxing

Wrestling (real wrestling, not that stupid wwe shit) or BJJ

Boxing. Seen a lot of good doormen, none of them was rolling around like a faggot on the pavement.

Hiten Mitsurugi-ryu allows me to defeat numerous foes with one movement.

Attached: images - 2019-07-15T163824.961.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Boxing or judo. Both if you have the time and money. BJJ is a fucking waste of time because they teach getting to the ground ASAP and fighting there. That's great for 1 on 1 encounters on mats, but not on concrete and when there is more than one guy who is likely to kick your head in when you put his buddy in an armbar. Boxing teaches footwork, and good footwork alone is enough to win (or de-escalate) most fights. Judo teaches how to take someone down and hurt them, which is good because you want your opponent on the ground, not you, so you can stay aware of other dangers around you (or run if necessary).

tl;dr BJJ is not practical aside from sports

>self defence
>Boxing
sure kid

>tfw wasted like 2 years of my youth doing karate instead of a real sport

Attached: 1564103351188.gif (245x258, 1012K)

>is being on the ground in a streetfight practical?

Sambo; sounds like a pretty complete martial art to me

Wrestleboxing with an awareness of submissions.

chess, so you can checkmate your adversary.

Girls do kickboxing and you can punch them in the tittys during training.

At least it wasn't 4 years of fucking aikido.
Wonder how much money my parents wasted on those lessons.

how to break your hand in a street fight 101

4 years of Taekwondo here lad
hurts to think of it
at least I can do the splits haha

go roll on the street and see how you like it

This one is pretty good

Attached: .jpg (750x690, 86K)

find some ninjutsu class. And then you BAMMMMM TSUUUUUUUM BIMMMMMMMMM everyone with your secret techniques

Attached: 1520463791284.png (924x560, 61K)

>The best martial art is running

Attached: 1530280499820.gif (413x243, 51K)

Turkish oil wrestling n nude pankration

No one will dare fight u.
Or parkour n throw shit

A year of muay thai and jiu jitsu at least twice a week and you'll be able to beat down 90% of every faget that crosses your path.

BJJ and muay thai. 3 BJJ a week, 2 muay thai. You're good to go.

Finally, a sensible suggestion from Greece.

you've spent way too much time in the US, Giannis

If a leaf and a hue ever agree on anything, it's 100% correct.

How’d you get the allBlue American flag fellow burger?

Defendu

Bullet fu or Knifedo

anything else will get you killed in a street fight

For me, it's partial arts

Attached: partial arts.jpg (874x535, 43K)

But have you mastered the amakakeru ryu no hirameki?

If you want something as a sport and for fitness either boxing, kickboxing, or bjj.
If you're after an actual martial art it depends on you, the student chooses the teacher.

All of them. Whichever suits me best.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do
based

Isn't krav maga designed to be practical? What's wrong with it?

>twice a week
lol, no

nothing wrong with it, it's close combat training

5 years here, ITF-TKD
But my school was fucking shit and they hated me cuz I made their wonder boy cry on fight. I had to apologice even when it was him who kicked my fuckign knee that was not even raised.
I was yellow green point at my 5th year due to "unreadiness", I quitted when some 13 year old was given the full green belt before me.

Aikido or Toide

Muay Thai, it's fun, you feel like a badass, and it is useful in a street fight unlike BJJ.

For body building... Kung fu, but thing is most Kung fu schools here in the west are too soft, Kung fu is good because the training destroys your body and makes it more sturdy, makes you healthier in general

Looked into it and my local Krav Maga gym were doing lots of meme firearm disarming training.

I can just picture all the Army reserve weekend warriors doing that and talking about how they "serve their country", like they're Yanks or something.

Savate

Dont do meme martial arts
So far best answers are box muay thai and kick box
All very good

>not funk dance

Attached: Funk Dance.webm (640x480, 1.92M)

Just irl wavedash and hellsweep scrub

Senegalese wrestling

Attached: Luta senegalesa.webm (854x480, 2.54M)

Really only one correct answer to this question.

Attached: C89B0EF1-9369-40E0-9285-0FA819D25FC8.jpg (640x960, 89K)

TKD is so weird. You've got a bunch of McDojo tier schools everywhere, but every once in a while there's a legit as fuck one. Someone I know was with his friend who does legit TKD and some nigger tried to mug them, the guy absolutely destroyed that nignog. I guess they were lucky the nigger didn't pull a gun on them, but even if he had one I don't think he would've had any time to pull it out.
Real TKD is scary as fuck. So are most martial arts, and boxing and MMA I guess. It's not so much what you choose to do but how well you do it. Unless you're doing aikido or tai chi lmao

unironically this, I've been doing martial arts for more than 25 years, I have black belts in TKD, hapkido and BJJ. The bottom line is, don't get into a fight ever. If you're able to leave a situation without fighting, that's a fucking win. I don't care how bruised your ego is, just get the fuck out.

In that rare instance where you have absolutely no choice, and walking away didn't work, the only thing I can tell you is you want to have a good mixed back ground. Boxing, kickboxing, TKD to handle yourself on your feet. Most people that would start a fight are going to be people who don't know what the fuck they are doing. Which means, eventually, they're going to clinch, and it's probably going to end up on the ground. When that happens, judo, greco-roman wrestling and BJJ are you best friends.

You have to be careful though, if some dipshit hugs you and you take it to the ground, the best thing to do is control the asshole in a way that allows you to get back up. Because if the asshole has friends, no amount of chokes or arm-bars are going to save you. Because as soon as his friends see him getting choked out, you're getting the tai kwon leep (boot to the head).

The absolute god-tier self-defense system is recognizing danger, and avoiding the situation entirely. The human body can take a lot of punishment, but it's also ridiculously fragile. I have heard too many stories of a dude taking a shot to the chin, going lights out, hitting his skull on a hard floor and dying from traumatic brain injury. You don't want to be that guy, and you don't want to be the guy that does it unless you like the idea of getting fucked in the ass by big black dudes named tyrone in federal prisons.

If you want to see what you're made of for combat sports, join a gym and spar. Don't be an idiot and try that shit on the streets. People pull knives, they pull guns, heads hit concrete. Don't be an asshole.

spoken like a true nancy frog eater

Most street fights end in a knock out in the first exchange of punches or it goes to the ground because guys start to wrestle.

>doesn't remove shirt jersey style to avoid wrestle
good luck fatty

Muay Thai, Wrestling, and basic BJJ

Most based answer. Learn the skills to be able to defend yourself should the occasion arise, but only niggers fight for free

/thread

Krav Maga

Good post

Kravmaga

A good Kenpo school if you can find it. Kenpo 5.0 particularly.

Here's the thing. Kenpo is built around a whole lot of self defense techniques. Most normies and MMA junkies look at that and raise the points that they're unrealistic and people won't stand there and let you hit them.

The thing is, the system tells you this. You learn the techniques but that is just the 'ideal phase'. After which you question the techniques and built the ability to adapt to changes.

The objective is to teach you and get you used to hitting the most vulnerable areas of the body (eyes, throat, groin, etc) from different situations.

But what makes it good is that aside from all that, you will still learn punching, still learn kicking and they teach both stand up and ground grappling now, but everything is from a self defense angle (the objective is to get back up ASAP), so you can end up covering most bases.

Anyway, inb4 the onslaught of matrats coming down on me.

FYI I'm currently learning kenpo. I've a black belt in a style of Kung Fu and Tang Soo Do (some students from this school actually defended themselves). Boxing was the first thing I learned and I love it as well. Have competed locally in Sanshou (Kickoxing + takedowns) and have had some MMA experience.

A good Kenpo school if you can find it. Kenpo 5.0 particularly.

Here's the thing. Kenpo is built around a whole lot of self defense techniques. Most normies and MMA junkies look at that and raise the points that they're unrealistic and people won't stand there and let you hit them.

The thing is, the system tells you this. You learn the techniques but that is just the 'ideal phase'. After which you question the techniques and built the ability to adapt to changes.

The objective is to teach you and get you used to hitting the most vulnerable areas of the body (eyes, throat, groin, etc) from different situations.

But what makes it good is that aside from all that, you will still learn punching, still learn kicking and they teach both stand up and ground grappling now, but everything is from a self defense angle (the objective is to get back up ASAP), so you can end up covering most bases.

Anyway, inb4 the onslaught of matrats coming down on me.

FYI I'm currently learning kenpo. I've a black belt in a style of Kung Fu and Tang Soo Do (some students from this school actually defended themselves). Boxing was the first thing I learned and I love it as well. Have competed locally in Sanshou (Kickoxing + takedowns) and have had some MMA experience.

It's great for self defence since it's just about causing pain and inflicting injury as quickly as possible. Shit as a sport or for fun though

I practised Karate for some months and it was cool but tae kwon do looks better

Do MMA bro.

A good blowjob is the best self defence technique you can get

>striped flag
>stars replaced with a cross to honor Jesus Christ
That flag is more American than the American flag

Heh

Depends, if you want to learn some fancy dance moves that probably won't save your life then any basic bitch karate or tkd "dojo" will be just fine. If you actually want to learn how to fight it doesn't matter so much what particular art you practice, so long as your gym incorporates regular full-contact sparring. Wrestling, boxing, muay thai, bjj, judo, or any other gym that actually has you fight on the reg will enable you to defeat just about any normie that crosses your path. Train regularly and don't neglect strength and cardio training either.

Muay Thai.
If you have energy then Muay Thai and wrestling. The guys I have seen doing Muay Thai seem to fuck people up when shit goes down. Takes ages to train your shins though.

t-thanks, pa

1. Don't be a cunt
2. Don't be a stupid cunt
3. Be good at running away like a cunt.

> If that fails:
4. Train Wrestling from the age of 4, preferably somewhere fucked up like Dagestan. (This step may only be an opportunity for 20% of this thread)
5. Once you're a tough cunt, train BJJ to make people go sleepy, limbs go breaky and your own ligaments go stretchy. (This is my choice of style so I'm biased as fug)
6. Train 6 months of a striking art that isn't a meme to get a step up on most justletmebangbros. My pick would be Muay Thai or something that incorporates clinchwork and leg kicks. (6 months does not make you "Bangkok ready")
7. Skip previous steps, study Ninjitsu under the tutelage of Ashida Kim, stay virgin until 30. Guaranteed superpowers.

Attached: ashida2.jpg (598x802, 80K)

I did 2 years of capoeira in my school.
I never fought tho, just stayed in the ring singing.

I remember a story about some lads that started shit with some guy in an olympic judo jacket and he threw one through a pane glass window kek

u rack honouru

>get ambushed in favela by 6 hues
>go to the ground
>get killed
Great idea you retard.
Only worthwhile karate is Kyokushin and even then Muay Thai or straight up kickboxing is better.

>grabs you

nothing personnel kid

It's better to just have a gun in that stuation, nerd.

Boxing and

learn to punch correctly, where to punch, learn some kicks, and then learn how to not get grabbed at the waste and thrown by a big guy. So basically kickboxing + waste grabbing.

>the biggest lesson is to not get into fights at all, because every master knows it just takes one guy to shank you, shoot you or outnumber you

in the deepest sense, martial arts is a cucked activity

this,wrestling is a great also
limit kickboxing /thai to the clinchgame and lowkicks,no high shit,no spinning shit and it is considerable

Wouldn't recommend Kickboxing or Thai boxing against Boxing.
The defense is far less evasive and more reliant on blocking not really suited to fight against bigger guy without gloves.
Boxing and a bit of wrestling is more than enough if you want to beat guys ( Around your size or smaller ) who gives you shit at the bar.

Either there is a shitload of charlatans or it's just as shitty as the gook fu.

But the biggest downside ( Which it shares with almost all meme combat system ), is the total absence of full contact sparring, and anyone who've ever been in a fight knows that getting punched in the face can really throw you out if you're not used to it.
And practice is almost entirely based on reharsal with a non resisting partner, and that every techniques are taught without taking into account different profiles lots of dojo/gym/whatever will both teach the 250 pounds bricklayer and the 100 pounds secretary that palm strike to the chin.
Also of the fews lessons of seminary i saw, they did not include any serious physical conditioning nor recommended it.

Thanks

Krav-maga if you intend to kill someone
This. But I must say that on a concrete floor BJJ may be used. The main thing is that it is only efficient on a 1v1 situation and if the opponent knows shit (or at least less than you) about martial arts.

I would recommed kendō. LOTS of fun. I have been practicing it for 12 years.

You'll still be shit on a real fight situation, tho.

Attached: 剣道.jpg (1356x899, 912K)

*grabs you*

Is combat sambo good?

It's a meme, just learn kickboxing and wrestling at a mma gym.

>get ambushed in favela by 6 hues
If you get ambushed by 6 determined people you have already lost

Attached: Glock 19.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

I don't get that meme
>grappling is useless if you are heavily outnumbered !!
The only thing not useless against several people is running faster than the fastest of them

Grappling is useless agains n > 1 enemies, with good standup skills you can MAYBE fuck up 3 people if they're dumb.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai.

Also, always carry a weapon on you, whether it be a gun or tactical pen. Weapons are leverage.

I could get into a fight and do fairly well just using my body, but why not use a tactical pen as well? End it even faster.

If you're a faggot or a woman than yes

Not to mention no communist red.

The best self defense martial art is being a cute trap. That way at worst you'll get raped and you'll probably enjoy it.

Having sex

Mis KEKes, negro.

wena hispa

ZUN ZUN ZUN CAPOEIRA MATA UM!

Here we doutrinated in school about the resisitence of niggers on slavery times about that retarded dance that they meme is martial art. Nothing mention anyone in MMA use this shit.

Attached: images(3).jpg (739x415, 36K)

>Here we doutrinated in school about the resisitence of niggers on slavery times about that retarded dance that they meme is martial art. Nothing mention anyone in MMA use this shit.
mmm yeah

Is hapkido a meme?

*teleports behind you*
*steals your gun*

Attached: steven-seagal.jpg (2133x1422, 337K)

kenshinpilled and rurounibased