I would argue, that had a British League been created a hundred years ago...

I would argue, that had a British League been created a hundred years ago, Rangers may well have been the biggest club on the planet.

Drawing on the vast human resources that were available to Rangers in the first eighty years of the last century when Scotland produced an explosion of talented footballers, no club in the UK was better positioned to exploit it.

Had we been part of a UK national league and not overshadowed by the richer league down south, then Glasgow could easily have been the Milan or Madrid of the UK, although I tend to think it would probably have been the Barcelona, and that Rangers would have been the preeminent team in the entire land.

Further, it would have played a major role in the political cohesion of the State.

I am always surprised at how little store politicians have put in the part football plays in the national character and how it can help shape identity.

Attached: LlPkwxvT_400x400.jpg (400x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYFpli2QYsk
youtu.be/HsypgqSO5dY
youtube.com/watch?v=-NyYoADdOgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where's your European Cup?

smackhead gingerbollocks cope

Could you not have joined the English leagues? Welsh clubs did.

and if you had wheels you would be a car what's the point?

We weren't able to win any since we weren't part of a British league.

Clown.

We wanted to but the English were afraid of our big dicks, presumably.

My point is that we have really big dicks. Have you seen our dicks? Motherfucker.

Rangers are shit anyway. I'm a Blackburn fan and we gave you a good run for your money the other day in a friendly and you put a decent team out. You'd get stomped in the prem.

But instead Scotland isn't good at anything at all. SAD!

>le current team meme

What does that mean? I'm not up to date with your memes.

It means that your making an argument based on how good the team is currently and not how good it would be if it was in the PL.

*you're
fuck, i dumb

What would be the difference between Rangers and say Utd or Liverpool? You might be a team that competes at the top of the prem if you were always in it and had access to prem money, but why would you be the biggest club in the world?

>my tinpot pub team that couldn’t hack it in vanarama north would be better if it was better
great take

How good do you think Barcelona would be if they only competed in a Catalan league? They might not even exist and there'd be 2 or 3 teams in Barcelona instead.

I was just memeing about all that, lad. But who know where they'd be? They could easily have won a few titles in all this time, same as Celtic.

*loses to zenit*

Did Rangers actually try to get in the English leagues?

or did you bamboozle me on that one too?

I don't know. They whine about it a lot. I think they were going to join in 1998 or something and the English teams told them to fuck off.

I think it would be good to have Celtic and Rangers in the prem, some good rivalry. The Welsh are there so why not.

Adding to that though, the Scottish prem would pretty much be over if Rangers and Celtic left, maybe that's why they don't do it at this point.

That's why you should have a united British league. Nah, the reason it doesn't happen is that the English don't want it. The EFL were gonna restructure to 4 leagues of 20 teams a while back but rejected the idea of adding Celtic and Rangers.

Forget about the Northern Irish, they're too small. They shouldn't be invited. Most of the small Scottish teams can be forgotten about too: they'd be there but wouldn't be all that relevant. It's only Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen that would be (potentially) Championship tier or higher. Most of the Scottish clubs would probably end up in their own league somewhere below the Conference.

Attached: 1u2uks.gif (360x364, 2.9M)

you're a fucking idiot m8

>It's dumb to base whether we would be a great time by the current team standards.
>Instead you must imagine a fantasy reality in which Rangers dominate the PL and have a complete fan fiction team as this is the only reasonable estimate.

I hope you people finally do gain independence so we can see dumb Scot-posters and know when dealing with them

It's a shame they died and were replaced with a new club.

but if they had hypothetical british league money, hadn't dodged taxes and been liquidated, that might not have happened. really makes you think.

True. Hearts and Hibs would probably be much bigger now too raking in the same £100m a year, which in turn would mean fewer old firm fans.

Scottish and English clubs had pretty much the same amount of money until the 90s when SKY decided to blast in billions though

>We weren't able to win any since we weren't part of a British league.

Celtic managed.

Attached: 0xClgxdEbBBV_VZ0nCb7_TbK_sFReupOPNvNhg3a42o.png (500x559, 233K)

>no British League, no European Cup success
How did Celtic get to two finals and become the first British club to win it then? Are all Rangers fans this retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=OYFpli2QYsk
catholic child fuckers can all take a long walk off a short pier

Attached: Sgif.gif (220x207, 94K)

>Not using 'if my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle' in this scenario

ISHIGGYWIGGY

Why British people such shitty tourists? You're worse than Americans or Chinese. Also give back our ancient artifacts

We're just keeping them safe, you'll end up losing them to the Turks again.

try being the biggest club in glasgow first

try not worshiping brown people you pathetic fen faggot

Safe? The Athens acropolis is literally falling apart because of you stealing pillars

1972 European cup winners cup, more recent than you timmy

youtu.be/HsypgqSO5dY

Wont be too long

Managed what? Raping kids pedo dole punting cunt

Rangers are unironically the most based and redpilled support in the world.

>let their team die
>standing by as mk2 spends itself to death at unsustainable levels again

truly based.

That would be those Rangers FC coaches you’re thinking of, Harry Dunn and Gordon Neely. You’ll recall that new Rangers told their abuse victims this is an old club issue and nothing to do with them.

>meanwhile demented sevco fans are busy emailing every news outlet they can find, even small town local police departments in other countries, in their crusade to bring down celtic because the club is just a cover for a pedo ring

shit is hilarious, as if they care one bit about abuse victims and aren't just that desperate for some outside force to come and knock celtic down a level.

youtube.com/watch?v=-NyYoADdOgM
God Bless the lone star state

a few pedos is still a far cry from your ENTIRE RELIGION being based around buttfucking boys

>your religion

we only pretend up here so we've got another layer of hate for the football, nobody is actually religious in the uk anymore.

>Also give back our ancient artifacts
Why? So you pawn them to the Russians for food and medicine?