Right Back - Football

How do you play the position well lads?

Got a charity match again next week and I've been put there

Attached: 1557079040761.jpg (634x478, 70K)

Just stick close to the other team's winger and then when your team has the ball, run forward on the touchline and hope your winger passes to you so you can just boot a cross in

Sweet

Should I be going to receive the ball from the keeper or staying near the winger most of the time?

b urself

If your keeper has the ball then your team is in attack so you don't need to mark the other team so you can make yourself available for the short pass. Just mirror what the left back does if you're in doubt

1. Have good stamina
2. Have good speed
3. Stay with your guy when they have posession
3. Move up when you have position and try to time penetrating runs right or just go up the wing, get the ball and deliver a cross from the backline, or a blooter if you came up the middle
4. Return position
5. When defending intercept passes

Stay in your half, forget about attacking and make sure you stick to a player in your half. Don’t get to close, keep some distance to allow the defence to stay in shape and also clatter fuckers when they get to close. Seriously, when I get stuck as a fullback I’m just marking and kicking shins.

this. don't listen to the other guys. they're larping. for a basic pick up game this is all you should be doing. doing what the other guys said will just make you look like a jackass

Play only On the opposite si de of the field. Make the winger defend you

>right back

ok

Just be urself bro

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Thanks lads

This, you are not Dani Alves just play solid

>tfw too shit to pass a ball so was forced to play CB and my tackling and interception was GOAT but always fucked up by booting the ball away

watch lots of compilations of cafu and try to be like him :D joga bonito

Attached: 2e8syk.jpg (898x790, 58K)

When you get the ball run like a motherfucker in the direction of the goal.

This lad gets it. Don't go more than 10 metres further forwards from the CBs and make sure the man you're marking doesn't get in behind you. Forget attacking

whenever you get the ball in your own half, bloot it directly at the right corner of the other team's side, if you get the ball in the other team's half bloot it directly at the far left post. on defense don't get beat, just force them inside

identify the opposition winger's strong foot and defend in a stance that will force him to move onto his weaker foot, makes your job much easier that way

You see what a real alpha right back does is leave his man free to dominate the wide area because defending is a dead art and joining the attack is far more based and redpilled.

This, too many betas itt who are afraid of losing the ball. Direct, quick passing with upcoming fullbacks is the way to go forwards

>tfw the other defenders always went up the pitch so I'd be the only one staying back

kek, 100%

>Tfw could pass, strong positioning and tackling but slow as fuck so sat in as an anchor man
>tfw best position was keeper and hated it