ITT: Post a match you think is overrated, others will say if they agree or disagree

ITT: Post a match you think is overrated, others will say if they agree or disagree

Attached: rockaustin2.jpg (480x360, 50K)

Attached: 76391B0B-21B0-4B74-AFDF-43196A476481.jpg (543x361, 86K)

was their match something like a finisher spam fest ?

Because I'm actually consistent in my beliefs, Crowd Reaction doesn't indicate match quality. If Crowd Reaction can't play into CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB 2011 being a great match (as argued here), it can't play into Hogan v Rock being a great match

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

I mean, kind of? It's a good match but it's more about the crowd reaction and how big of stars they were. Sure it didn't have today's workrate and the finish was stupid because no one wanted to boo Austin but that's not really what wrestling was about back then. I'd say due to it being almost 20 years old that it's properly rated rather than giving it an under/over.

Yeah I kind of agree. I was actually there in Houston. It was sort of confusing without the commentary since SCSA always used heel tactics even as a babyface.

Both HBK vs Taker WM matches

>i watch tv on mute

>I need to be told what's good

Agree, people stopped caring about WM17 after Vince vs Shane & TLC2
Properly rated
Overrated, but again WM18 was awful all-around

As someone who has Eddie & Mysterio in his top 6 wrestlers, i never understood the hype behind this one. Maybe it's due to not having WWE's production value, but it seems fairly average to me. Jericho vs Mysterio at the Bash was a far better match

Attached: EddieMysterio HH97.jpg (855x1200, 371K)

>31 second chinlock, escape, two and a half minute chinlock, escape, another minute long chinlock, PILEDRIVER, kickout, sleeper hold
When the gimmick is “Score the most falls in an hour”, don’t have the only fall scored at an hour and two minutes. It's a match that took an hour that would've accomplished the same in thirty minutes.
Fuck this match.

Attached: 1218065238072_f.jpg (296x202, 17K)

WM26 match suffered solely because JR was on commentary, still that's a big enough of a flaw to make it drastically inferior to the WM25 match. WM25 deserves it's acclaim, WM26 deserves it's acclaim simply because of how incredible the build up was for it

>Two people so evenly matched that 60 minutes wasn't enough time
This is a time tested story and it's worked every single time

Deserved, the slow build-up to the Sharpshooter at the end was excellent. The finish was weak however, and they should have established that Sudden death will happen if the match ends without a fall at the beginning

I watched this on PPV at the time, it was the first PPV i ever bought. And i remember nothing about the match at all, that's a sign of a terrible match when nothing is memorable

Attached: punkcena.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 56K)

>Fuck this match.

Attached: redditor.png (762x988, 853K)

According to who?

>Overrated is a bad thing
Lmao it just means you're seething over a popular match
Grow up

They're fighting over skittles?

Overrated